Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914] Page 16

Started by DraconianWing September 22nd, 2015 5:56 PM
  • 455 replies
Seen June 26th, 2018
Posted October 14th, 2017
24 posts
2 Years
Is it going to be difficult to add names beside TM numbers on shops? Because TM numbers change between generations and saying "TM75 Swords Dance" instead of "TM75" removes the confusion.

QUICK EDIT: Also, is there a TM/Move tutor location list somewhere? And if the stats judge at the Battle Frontier could be changed to say all the highest individual IVs instead of picking one at random, that would be awesome.

Heck, how about updating breeding mechanics to the latest gen?
Seen September 10th, 2018
Posted April 25th, 2018
6 posts
2.5 Years
Can't wait until the next update for this hack drops. Can hardly wait not knowing what awesome features will get added.

EDIT: There is an annoying bug with my Kirlia's Draining Kiss that I'd like to see fixed though; the game freezes (music still plays) for around a good minute after the angel descends in the move's animation, until the animation is finally finished. Makes the move pretty much unusable which sucks since it's in Kirlia's learnset and it'd be a useful move to have early game.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!

Male
Veracruz, México
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted April 12th, 2018
119 posts
4.4 Years
I just want to say that this hack is awesome, it shows the best of original Emerald, but with all those new mechanics and details that we love of the recent pkm games, I already love the fact of the 386 original pokedex, but you should add only all the pending evolutions that were shown until the 4th generation:
- Mismagius
- Honchkrow
- Weavile
- Gliscor
- Marmortar
- Electivire
- Magnezone
- Tangrowth
- Lickylicky
- Ambipom
- Probopass
- Togekiss
- Rhyperior
- Yanmega
- Dusknoir
- Gallade
- Mamoswine
- Froslass
- Porigon-Z
- Leafeon
- Glaceon
- Silveon

And maybe all pre-evos added:
- Munchlax
- Bonsly
- Mime Jr.
- Happiny
- Mantyke

all this in order to have really complete all possible species if all the possible evolutions and alternate forms of the pkms available in the first 3 generations are contemplated. Maybe you can do a survey about it to see what the community thinks :)
Male
Seen March 28th, 2019
Posted May 21st, 2018
155 posts
12.4 Years
I understand that this project is on hold for now, but there was one thing that really stuck out to me as being improvable. By the looks of your encounter document, you can only obtain one Unown in this game. For people who might want different kinds, I think it would be better to put Unown in the Regi chambers with the braille. This is thematically quite appropriate and gives people the chance to hunt for all of them. No doubt there is something else that would work better for Unown's current location in the game?

EDIT: Just found a shiny on my second encounter of the game... I don't have Poke Balls yet. Is there a Gameshark or Action Replay code to put Poke Balls in my bag for this hack? I tried several vanilla Emerald codes and nothing worked. If there was a way for me to actually catch this thing then I'd be very appreciative!

EDIT2: I caught another Sentret and made it shiny with a save editor. Still kinda counts, right?

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!

Male
Veracruz, México
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted April 12th, 2018
119 posts
4.4 Years
A few suggestions, change types of next pkms:
- Butterfree: Bug/Psychic
- Ninetales: Fire/Psychic (Pokedex entries says that he gain paranormal powers at certain age)
- Parasect: Bug/Ghost (cuz he's actually dead, just check the pokedex entries, the parasite mushroom on his bag alredy kill his host, and simply uses the remaining corpse to carry and scatter their spores, and infect some other paras to establish a new and zombie symbiotic relationship)
- Meowth/Persian: Normal/Dark (like alolan forms, just to add more variety)
- Ponyta/Rapidash: Fire/Normal (like Litleo and Pyroar) or Fire/Fairy (cuz Rapidash is literally a "unicorn")
- Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (like Hawlucha)
- Noctowl: Ghost/Flying
- Ariados: Bug/Dark
- Ampharos: Electric/Dragon (likes his mega)
- Sunflora: Grass/Fire (awesome combo type for a pkm that really needs a buff)
- Bellossom: Grass/Fairy
- Aipom/Ambipom: Normal/Fighting
- Misdreavus/Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
- Dunsparce: Normal/Ground
- Sceptile: Grass/Dragon (like his mega)

And that's all for now I think...Also, I just want to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!" for this awesome hack, a Marvelous work :D

Desmodus

ayy

Age 16
Male
Perak, Malaysia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted June 12th, 2019
1,521 posts
2.9 Years
A few suggestions, change types of next pkms:
- Butterfree: Bug/Psychic
- Ninetales: Fire/Psychic (Pokedex entries says that he gain paranormal powers at certain age)
- Parasect: Bug/Ghost (cuz he's actually dead, just check the pokedex entries, the parasite mushroom on his bag alredy kill his host, and simply uses the remaining corpse to carry and scatter their spores, and infect some other paras to establish a new and zombie symbiotic relationship)
- Meowth/Persian: Normal/Dark (like alolan forms, just to add more variety)
- Ponyta/Rapidash: Fire/Normal (like Litleo and Pyroar) or Fire/Fairy (cuz Rapidash is literally a "unicorn")
- Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (like Hawlucha)
- Noctowl: Ghost/Flying
- Ariados: Bug/Dark
- Ampharos: Electric/Dragon (likes his mega)
- Sunflora: Grass/Fire (awesome combo type for a pkm that really needs a buff)
- Bellossom: Grass/Fairy
- Aipom/Ambipom: Normal/Fighting
- Misdreavus/Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
- Dunsparce: Normal/Ground
- Sceptile: Grass/Dragon (like his mega)

And that's all for now I think...Also, I just want to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!" for this awesome hack, a Marvelous work :D
........ just........... why?

DraconianWing

Aerilate Thrasher

Age 20
Male
Fallarbor Town
Seen June 2nd, 2019
Posted September 8th, 2018
954 posts
7 Years
DraconianWing you're making me sad. You're making it seem like it's going to be put on hold for years.
I know, and I'm really sorry for that. But it's worth mentioning that the upgraded battle engine, once finished, pretty much achieves everything that Tlachtli created this hack project for: a classic Emerald with updated mechanics.

I can't seem to soft reset?? A, B, select, and start all work in game. Anybody have an idea as to what's going on. I'm using gpsp on my 3ds.
There is an annoying bug with my Kirlia's Draining Kiss that I'd like to see fixed though; the game freezes (music still plays) for around a good minute after the angel descends in the move's animation, until the animation is finally finished. Makes the move pretty much unusable which sucks since it's in Kirlia's learnset and it'd be a useful move to have early game.
Both of these problems have been reported before. It seems to be a problem specific to gpsp emulators rather than the game itself, because I cannot reproduce the glitches in VBA.

Loving this hack so far. Thing that's bothering me a bit is, will my save games (regular and save states) be compatible with future updates?
Your save should be fine with updates for now. However I'd advise making a new save once the upgraded engine is put into SE.

I understand that this project is on hold for now, but there was one thing that really stuck out to me as being improvable. By the looks of your encounter document, you can only obtain one Unown in this game. For people who might want different kinds, I think it would be better to put Unown in the Regi chambers with the braille. This is thematically quite appropriate and gives people the chance to hunt for all of them. No doubt there is something else that would work better for Unown's current location in the game?
That's a good idea! I'll look into it for the next patch :)

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,186 posts
8.2 Years
A few of my suggestions:

1. A challenge mode for those of us who like to punish ourselves.

2. More items from Gen 4+ available pre E4.

3. Reducing the pokedex down to a custom size, I see no point in a hack or sideshow hack having every gen 1-3 pokemon available, it creates overcrowding on every route and it's really not necessary. Adding in the Gen 4 evolutions and perhaps a few event pokemon from later gens would be cool. But nearly 400 pokemon is way too much.

4. Perhaps adding in a shard system similar to Gen 4 + with certain moves being allowed to be tutored.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
990 posts
5.9 Years
In addition to the battle frontier it would be cool if there was an actual pokemon league tournament where if you get first you then earn the right to challenge the elite 4 and in between rounds one could go off and do some other things to prepare for the next round like change your current team and even train between matches (but once you start the elite 4 you have to use the six pokemon you have once you accept that challenge). This is something that is sorely needed in the official games and would make the league a more authentic affair. Not sure if that could be done at the stage the game is in right now though.

Also if you're gonna keep Linoon with just one ability could you change Linoone's ability to something else so that its more worthwile to use in a challenge like the Battle Frontier? The battle frontier after all replicates the competitive play side of the game and an otherwise decent pokemon like Linoone (and others with bad abilities) are let down by what they have. Perhaps giving Linoone Gluttony (its other standard ability) when it evolves from Zigzagoon would be a good idea, or perhaps Guts since theres few pokemon who make effective use of Facade as it is and status conditions start really affecting your strategies by midgame onwards anyway. But thats just my suggestion, its your call in the end.

BTW where does one find the johto and kanto starters in this hack?
Seen February 6th, 2018
Posted February 6th, 2018
2 posts
1.5 Years
hi! i have to say, i'm amazed by this rom!
i wanted to report a small issue i found:
i caught Marill in Petalburg city, in the grass patches and got it to level 40 Azumarill.
however, it still don't have the move Aqua Ring, which according to the pokedex, is obtained in lvl 31.
did anyone alse encounter that, or know if Aqua Ring was added to the game?
thanks!
Advertiser Content