• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Show egg groups in summary screen

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
UPDATE!

This script is now compatible with Essentials v20.1 as part of my Enhanced UI plugin. Refer to that plugin for the features found in this thread.

Egg Group Types
p9YNZBZ.png

This displays the Egg Groups for each species in its Summary screen (Page 2). I renamed some Egg Groups due to spacing issues, or to avoid confusion with actual Pokemon types, but feel free to name them what you wish if creating custom icons of your own.

Name Changes
Monster = Monster
Water 1 = Aquatic
Bug = Insect
Flying = Aerial
Field = Field
Fairy = Pixie
Grass = Plant
Humanlike = Humanoid
Water 3 = Shellbody
Mineral = Mineral
Amorphous = Enigma
Water 2 = Marine
Ditto = Mimic
Dragon = Draco
Undiscovered = No Eggs

Breedable genderless species (besides Ditto) will have their Egg Group be displayed as "????".

Last edited:
Years
Stuck your code in a few places where you never intended it to go, slightly edited your image so that each egg group has its own color the way each type has its own color,

Works like a charm.

bob_by_rot8erconex-d9ckcuf.png

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Just noting that this still works as intended as far as I can tell in Essentials v16. If anyone encounters errors, let me know.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
yh ive noticed this appears 17.2 dsnt work well with scripts for previous versions

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Thanks for making me aware of this. I've updated the instructions so this may now be compatible with Essentials v17. If you happen to also be using my Birthsigns script, you will have to install this within that script, instead of PScreen_Summary. You may have to move some graphics around to accommodate this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor update
  • I've created a new graphic for the Egg Group types to make it look less shabby.

• I've also slightly updated the code so that now breedable genderless species (like Magnemite and Porygon) will have their Egg Group be displayed as "????", while unbreedable species (like Mewtwo or Arceus) will have their Egg Group be displayed as "No Eggs". This is to help differentiate them a bit, and it just makes a bit more visual sense (since Porygon being in the Mineral group is kinda moot if it cant breed with any of them, for example).

• This script has now been rolled into my Pokemon Birthsigns project, and thus does not need to be installed if you're already using that.

Here are some example images:
J9MI4s9.png

qfyhXuT.png

Last edited:

Keileon

Pokémon Sardonyx: RtW dev
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Hi! This script looks *great* and I'd like to use it, but whether I put the code in as-is or fiddle with it in a way that seems intuitive it just doesn't work. No error or anything, it just doesn't show up.

Here's what we have under def drawPageTwo in its entirety:
https://pastebin.com/n4FtQpcZ

The main edit I made was to fix the image's location as we're not using Birthsigns. Even with only that edit made, it didn't work. So I removed if SHOW_EGG_GROUPS and its corresponding "end" because it seemed like that also relied on Birthsigns being present. I've messed around with deleting one but not the other, deleting both, and leaving both in, and none of them seem to do anything.

We're still using Essentials v16.2 as some of our scripts don't like v17. I don't know why Essentials version would make a difference in this case, but then I'm not the best at coding. So if I've missed something glaringly obvious, go easy on me as I barely know what I'm doing. :P

Thank you for your time!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hi! This script looks *great* and I'd like to use it, but whether I put the code in as-is or fiddle with it in a way that seems intuitive it just doesn't work. No error or anything, it just doesn't show up.

Here's what we have under def drawPageTwo in its entirety:
https://pastebin.com/n4FtQpcZ

The main edit I made was to fix the image's location as we're not using Birthsigns. Even with only that edit made, it didn't work. So I removed if SHOW_EGG_GROUPS and its corresponding "end" because it seemed like that also relied on Birthsigns being present. I've messed around with deleting one but not the other, deleting both, and leaving both in, and none of them seem to do anything.

We're still using Essentials v16.2 as some of our scripts don't like v17. I don't know why Essentials version would make a difference in this case, but then I'm not the best at coding. So if I've missed something glaringly obvious, go easy on me as I barely know what I'm doing. :P

Thank you for your time!

That's because im an idiot who updated the code, but forgot to update the instructions. I also had a line or two that was incorrect for the non-Birthsigns version. It's fixed now, sorry.

Last edited:

Keileon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Thanks for the prompt fix. Now, however, I can't find "def drawPage(page)". This is where I'm assuming it's because we're still using Essentials 16.2 and is probably when I should stop and wait for my scripter to wake up.

*goes to mess around in a copied folder anyway because why wouldn't I try to do this myself lol*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Thanks for the prompt fix. Now, however, I can't find "def drawPage(page)". This is where I'm assuming it's because we're still using Essentials 16.2 and is probably when I should stop and wait for my scripter to wake up.

*goes to mess around in a copied folder anyway because why wouldn't I try to do this myself lol*
Ahh, yes. Sorry. It's a v17 thing. For step 2, just try inserting the code where you were before (bottom of page 2), but delete the "def pbDisplayEggGroups" line, and the final "end". And just ignore Step 3. That should work, but I'm not at a computer to test.

Keileon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Ah yep, that one works. For some reason I got a syntax error thrown at me but I'm assuming I just messed up while copying, I deleted the line that was being a pill (it was just an "end") and it works perfectly now. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor update.

• Renamed the Water 3 Egg Group from "Ancient" to "Shellbody". This more accurately describes the kinds of species that occupy the group.
  • Further improved the quality of the Egg Group graphic.
  • Added 8 new Egg Groups to the graphic so that it may now be fully compatible with my Legendary Breeding scripts.
  • Made some slight changes to the code for compatibility.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Hello! I'm still a little confused with the installation process... EDIT: Keep in mind, my project is still on Essentials 16.2, and I'm using that as a testbench for scripts to use in my project.

I've tried inserting the code in different places and tried doing the fixes you used in the past, but I still can't get the graphics, nor even the text that's trying to be written to the screen, to appear.

My def DrawPageTwo in my Essentials Testbench looks exactly as Keileon's does in the pastebin link he posted (save for the fact that it was after the prompt fix you made), and the picture is in the exact right place. I still can't get anything to appear, and was wondering if you could offer some assistance.

Thanks in advance! Also going to be in the process of testing the Legendary Egg Groups script you made as well, shameless plug. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hello! I'm still a little confused with the installation process... EDIT: Keep in mind, my project is still on Essentials 16.2, and I'm using that as a testbench for scripts to use in my project.

I've tried inserting the code in different places and tried doing the fixes you used in the past, but I still can't get the graphics, nor even the text that's trying to be written to the screen, to appear.

My def DrawPageTwo in my Essentials Testbench looks exactly as Keileon's does in the pastebin link he posted (save for the fact that it was after the prompt fix you made), and the picture is in the exact right place. I still can't get anything to appear, and was wondering if you could offer some assistance.

Thanks in advance! Also going to be in the process of testing the Legendary Egg Groups script you made as well, shameless plug. :)

Paste it in the same place he did, except remove the first line "def pbDisplayEggGroups" and the last line "end" from my script. Then ignore Step 3 in my instructions.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Okay. Thank you for being so obliging.

You may also want to tell people to delete the "end" at the end of the original DrawPageTwo(pokemon) section if some people are still using Essentials 16.2. It tends to break it quite easily if one doesn't already notice.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hi hi!
Excuse me.
So, that the size of the letters is always the same, I have refined and attached, for those who are interested.

Thanks for the beautiful script!

Attachments

• typesEgg.png
    typesEgg.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Poq
Back