The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art Studio
Resources Gen VII Pokémon GBA Sprite Repository (64x64)

Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the creative arts.

Old December 24th, 2017 (12:28 AM). Edited December 24th, 2017 by nitro nitro.

Yo new guy here..
    just dropping a pheromosa sprite created by me...im not good with words but heres hoping someone can improve this sprite or sumthin

edit: ah sorry i need 5 posts to post an img heres the link instead

https://imgur.com/mKMuG5P

edit 2: oh yeah theres a cool pheromosa sprite on smogon but yeah itll be hard to resize it for gba but the back sprite is cool..
    edit 3: Le Paragon is cool.
    Old December 25th, 2017 (6:18 AM).
    speed and quality

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mangamanga View Post
      hi there again! i was actually going to remake Guzzlord as well since this project was using my old, outdated front sprite. but i see that your Guzzlord sprite looks amazing :D did you make that yourself? :o great job! i approve of it :)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nitro nitro View Post

edit 3: Le Paragon is cool.
      hi there nitro! funny how you and the previous guy both have repeating words as usernames xD
      anyway, thanks for the compliment! :D i think it's pretty cool of you to be uploading here so kudos to you as well! and thanks for using my sprite as your base :D but you see, the Pheromosa the others have made is already available in this project, and i actually really like it a lot so i don't think there's much need to replace it. but still, commendable work dude :)
      Old December 25th, 2017 (11:04 PM). Edited December 29th, 2017 by le_paragon.
      speed and quality

wanna update/replace a few more sprites

replaced the outdate front and back
        replaced front sprite for a static pose + new palette
        replaced outdated front and back. more accurate leaf on head of front + DS palette
        replaced front and back + DS colour palette
        combined old sprite with mine. fixed lines on front because old one wasn't very GBA
        qc on front and back + new palette + DS palette
        qc on front, replaced back + new palette
        replaced back + DS palette
        qc on front and back + changed palette a bit
        replaced the whole thing. honestly not sure why you guys went with the old pose for bruxish's front and back
        replaced the whole thing
        replaced outdated front sprite + totally new back + DS colour palette
        replaced front sprite cuz it had too many small errors to easily keep track of + replaced outdated backsprite + more DS-like palette
        Old December 26th, 2017 (5:36 AM). Edited December 26th, 2017 by goranthegreat.
        Ashirene

Nature: Careful
          I really loved leParagon's back sprite so i used it as a base and then slightly edited it, I also changed the palette of the original:)

credits fishbowlsoul90, PandiRocks@17, goranthegreat, aravi, xiechayghe, haimon_99, leParagon
          Old December 26th, 2017 (7:03 AM).
          New World Pirate

Nature: Hasty
            Guys, wait! I'm not yet reopening proposing replacements for sprites not in the hub... They're supposed to be reopened after Decidueye and Oricorio are "fixed"... So for now, all proposals will be temporarily ignored...

About the colors, considering every suggestions, we'll have both DS and Sugimori colors... Though I think we'll have finish the DS colors first?

About Trev, thanks so much for the help!

Furfrou sprites will be posted next time... Together with the phase icons...

One more thing, please don't quote unnecessary and unrelated stuffs here...
            Old December 26th, 2017 (9:13 AM).
            speed and quality

Quote:
              Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
              Guys, wait! I'm not yet reopening proposing replacements for sprites not in the hub... They're supposed to be reopened after Decidueye and Oricorio are "fixed"... So for now, all proposals will be temporarily ignored...

About the colors, considering every suggestions, we'll have both DS and Sugimori colors... Though I think we'll have finish the DS colors first?
              oh oops sorry darkdragon, I forgot about oricorio. i'll work on their backsprites although I also wanna qc or replace some of the front sprites. as for the replacement proposals, is it okay if you keep the proposals I made in mind after we're done with decidueye and oricorio?
              Old December 26th, 2017 (11:00 AM).
              New World Pirate

Quote:
                Originally Posted by le_paragon View Post
                oh oops sorry darkdragon, I forgot about oricorio. i'll work on their backsprites although I also wanna qc or replace some of the front sprites. as for the replacement proposals, is it okay if you keep the proposals I made in mind after we're done with decidueye and oricorio?
                Of course they'll be tackled afterwards... {:3}
                Old December 26th, 2017 (4:19 PM). Edited December 27th, 2017 by mangamanga.

Hi again! For this occasion I wanted to do the sprite of Drampa, with the excuse that the previous one, although it is quite good, its position saw it too forced, and some parts went out of proportion.
                  The sprite I've done has the battle stance of Sun and Moon, and it has the same palette as the previous one.

-Google Translate-
                  Old December 27th, 2017 (10:11 AM). Edited December 27th, 2017 by mangamanga.

Hi again! This time I wanted to remake Mimikyu, who, although there was not much need, wanted to look something more similar to the original, with more pointed cheeks, more straight ears and certain arrangements on the palette (that outside the changes, is the same as in the previous sprite (except in the shiny)),
                    In addition to what I have always done in my sprites: faithful proportions.
                    I also tried to make its size the closest thing to the previous one.
                    There were minor fixes in the back sprite.
                    -Edit: I also reused the tail of the other sprite.

-Google translate-
                    Old December 27th, 2017 (11:13 AM).
                    New World Pirate

Quote:
                      -snip-
                      Please hold your submissions for a while! I said replacement proposals are on hold and are currently closed!

Guys, please be patient... We will eventually open them little by little...
                      Old December 27th, 2017 (11:19 AM). Edited December 27th, 2017 by Megax Rocker.

So I saw that you guys are still having trouble with good o'l Green Arrow so I took another shot at it just for the fun of it:

The two are identical except for the hood which I'm having trouble deciding which looks better, so imma just leave to you guys to judge.

Edit:

Since you'll be aiming for more static sprites, I'd like to share this sprite for regular Graveler, I resized it myself.

The point of me sharing this in a gen 7 repository is that if someone is interested in adapting it to the alolan form, the current one is far from being bad, it's excelent, but I'm a fan of static poses and I'd like for alolan graveler to receive the same kind of sprite.
                        Old December 27th, 2017 (11:41 AM).

woah
                          Old December 27th, 2017 (11:50 AM).
                          New World Pirate

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Megax Rocker View Post
                            So I saw that you guys are still having trouble with good o'l Green Arrow so I took another shot at it just for the fun of it:

The two are identical except for the hood which I'm having trouble deciding which looks better, so imma just leave to you guys to judge.
                            I think the feather makes it difficult to properly sprite this one... Maybe a kneeling pose can help?

Quote:
                            Since you'll be aiming for more static sprites, I'd like to share this sprite for regular Graveler, I resized it myself.

The point of me sharing this in a gen 7 repository is that if someone is interested in adapting it to the alolan form, the current one is far from being bad, it's excelent, but I'm a fan of static poses and I'd like for alolan graveler to receive the same kind of sprite.
                            Tsk, let's tackle this one later... Please, it will have it's own time to shine... {:3}

By the way, I think we have to exempt some species and forms to be converted into static pose (only semi/pseudo-static the very least)... Especially the ones which size needs to be preserved... Not everything in the DS-style resource sprites are in a static pose...
                            Old December 27th, 2017 (12:19 PM). Edited December 27th, 2017 by Megax Rocker.

Quote:
                              I think the feather makes it difficult to properly sprite this one... Maybe a kneeling pose can help?
                              Honestly, I think the problem is with the width, that's why it appears shorter than it should.

I made a quick test and reduced the width by 3 pixels and this is what I got:

Note: this sprite is not ready, it's just a cropped version of the earlier sprite

Quote:
                              Tsk, let's tackle this one later... Please, it will have it's own time to shine... {:3}

By the way, I think we have to exempt some species and forms to be converted into static pose (only semi/pseudo-static the very least)... Especially the ones which size needs to be preserved... Not everything in the DS-style resource sprites are in a static pose...
                              Yeah I kinda made that edit without thinking and forgot about your earlier post, my bad.

And yeah i'm aware of that, a static pose is preferable but not a necessity.
                              Old December 27th, 2017 (9:51 PM). Edited December 29th, 2017 by le_paragon.
                              speed and quality

Quote:
                                This time I wanted to remake Mimikyu
                                hi manga! i do appreciate the effort you put in, but Mimikyu is one of the sprites that have no problems :) so there's no need to remake it. besides, the proportions of the original are already good and accurate. as for the ears, it's not actually a problem because Mimikyu's ears actually bend

Quote:
                                I think the feather makes it difficult to properly sprite this one...
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Megax Rocker View Post
                                Honestly, I think the problem is with the width
                                I actually had plans on making a new Decidueye sprite because a few months ago i realized the width was the problem, like megax stated, but i didn't get to do it cuz i didint have time and i hate spriting decidueye xD but i'll get to it today, since i'm done with oricorio:

btw i wanna qc midnight lycanroc's backsprite and grubbin's front & shinies

Old December 30th, 2017 (8:38 AM).
                                New World Pirate

Quote:
                                  I actually had plans on making a new Decidueye sprite because a few months ago i realized the width was the problem, like megax stated, but i didn't get to do it cuz i didint have time and i hate spriting decidueye xD but i'll get to it today, since i'm done with oricorio:

These are awesome! Will be posted in the next update...
                                  Old January 1st, 2018 (2:25 AM). Edited January 1st, 2018 by le_paragon.
                                  speed and quality

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by LuckyLuccian View Post
                                    hi jaeger! actually, i like your bruxish sprite a lot. hope you don't mind but i'm gonna use it for MrDollSteak's project where we add a second frame to pokemon sprites. i'm working on gen 7 pokemon and i think your bruxish would be very useful. i think i might use your kartana as well :)

Quote:
                                    These are awesome! Will be posted in the next update...
                                    i forgot to mention but oricorio pom-pom's front sprite was resized from the sprites we made at the Smogon project. princessofmusic made the front and falgaia qc'd it a bit. i just resized it. everything else i scratch sprited tho

also here's decidueye. i made 3 but i think the 3rd one is the most viable candidate
                                    i made this from scratch with blaziken's proportions but it seems like it doesn't work so well because of decidueye's pose and the angle of its head. not happy with it
                                    i used the head from my DA sprite (which falgaia qc'd) and the right wing of the old sprite and a bit of the first sprite. still not happy with it
                                    i got annoyed so i just resized zerudez's decidueye front sprite and made some parts from scratch. i think it works better because of the angle of the head. i think it's as good as we can get
                                    backsprites are scratched with screenshots as reference
                                    Old January 1st, 2018 (3:04 AM).
                                    New World Pirate

Quote:
                                      i forgot to mention but oricorio pom-pom's front sprite was resized from the sprites we made at the Smogon project. princessofmusic made the front and falgaia qc'd it a bit. i just resized it. everything else i scratch sprited tho

also here's decidueye. i made 3 but i think the 3rd one is the most viable candidate
                                      i made this from scratch with blaziken's proportions but it seems like it doesn't work so well because of decidueye's pose and the angle of its head. not happy with it
                                      i used the head from my DA sprite (which falgaia qc'd) and the right wing of the old sprite and a bit of the first sprite. still not happy with it
                                      i got annoyed so i just resized zerudez's decidueye front sprite and made some parts from scratch. i think it works better because of the angle of the head. i think it's as good as we can get
                                      backsprites are scratched with screenshots as reference
                                      Thanks for the info about Oricorio! And about the Decidueye, for me the 2nd or 3rd can be used... Z-nogyroP, what do you think? Others can give their insights as well...
                                      Old January 1st, 2018 (3:14 AM).
                                      SupaHabil

Quote:
                                        Thanks for the info about Oricorio! And about the Decidueye, for me the 2nd or 3rd can be used... Z-nogyroP, what do you think? Others can give their insights as well...
                                        I personally think that the 2nd one is better cuz the 3rd just again, too short
                                        Old January 1st, 2018 (4:05 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2018 by le_paragon.
                                        speed and quality

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by haimon_99 View Post
                                          I personally think that the 2nd one is better cuz the 3rd just again, too short
                                          actually haimon, gotta disagree with you this time. I always compare the sizes when i sprite and I'm super sure the 2nd one looks smaller than the 3rd. I compared both to incineroar, primarina, and the starters from gen 1-6 project. the third decidueye looks bigger than all the starter final evolutions. the second one just looks super scrawny compared to the others

my honest opinion at this point (especially since decidueye is the last sprite we have to do) I think that you guys are focusing on the height of decidueye too much. the old one, yeah it really was too small because it wasn't resized properly. I also compared it to incineroar, primarina, and other starters, it really does look disproportionatel small

the new one, I think it's a nitpick at this point if we talk about the height. especially since there are lots of other starters that look smaller than the new decidueye sprite. plus if we cant decide on these sprites then decidueye is basically impossible. we're gonna have to learn to settle with the height
                                          Old January 1st, 2018 (9:02 AM). Edited January 1st, 2018 by Z-nogyroP.

yeah, agreed with leparagon here. the third sprite is the best of the three. the height is really minor, and honestly it doesn't even look much shorter than the second. i say go with the third. i do particularly like the right wing on the second sprite though (our left) but i think the third sprite is pretty much ideal as it is.

like, look at them side-by-side with primarina:

the third one looks so much better. the second one look shrunken, comparatively.
                                            Old January 2nd, 2018 (10:31 PM). Edited January 2nd, 2018 by bwrobin.

Nature: Quirky
                                              Hello~ I know I'm not someone who really contributes here to say anything but, doesn't the current Decidueye backsprites have their white spots too big?

And I know you're all for "static" poses but I thought I'll give Decidueye a try. Here:

I based this on Decidueye's Dream World and Pokken Tournament DX Artwork but I bent his legs so it'll be like he swoops in and waves his wing (cape) around like Batman. :D I also kinda used this threads current Inceneroar sprite to proportionate the height.

I'll try to create a static one too if this doesn't fit your standards. I'll also try and improve leparagon's sprite. I'm kinda not all for the wings of his third one. Also, I think his wings (cloak, cape) should be longer contrary to what is already presented. :/
                                              Old January 3rd, 2018 (2:12 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2018 by le_paragon.
                                              speed and quality

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRobin View Post
                                                And I know you're all for "static" poses but I thought I'll give Decidueye a try. Here:

I based this on Decidueye's Dream World and Pokken Tournament DX Artwork but I bent his legs so it'll be like he swoops in and waves his wing (cape) around like Batman. :D I also kinda used this threads current Inceneroar sprite to proportionate the height.

I'll try to create a static one too if this doesn't fit your standards. I'll also try and improve leparagon's sprite. I'm kinda not all for the wings of his third one. Also, I think his wings (cloak, cape) should be longer contrary to what is already presented. :/
                                                dont worry man, ive seen you contribute here before and anyone's help is always welcome. that pose is too dynamic and makes decidueye look way too small, which is why i didn't go for it tbh. and don't worry about the length of the wings, it's negligible especially for the way we're handling decidueye for GBA. as for improving the wings, go ahead. i actually felt off about them but i was tired and i've expressed before how much i hate spriting decidueye for 64x64 (even tho i like its design lmao) so I didnt fix the wing anymore lmao

anyway as for the rest of the pokemon, since we're virtually done with the mons, i'm going back and looking through which of the sprites need qc and which need DS palettes, i'll keep a list of it and talk to darkdragon
                                                Old January 4th, 2018 (4:08 AM). Edited January 4th, 2018 by bwrobin.

Nature: Quirky
                                                  Quote:
                                                  dont worry man, ive seen you contribute here before and anyone's help is always welcome. that pose is too dynamic and makes decidueye look way too small, which is why i didn't go for it tbh. and don't worry about the length of the wings, it's negligible especially for the way we're handling decidueye for GBA. as for improving the wings, go ahead. i actually felt off about them but i was tired and i've expressed before how much i hate spriting decidueye for 64x64 (even tho i like its design lmao) so I didnt fix the wing anymore lmao

anyway as for the rest of the pokemon, since we're virtually done with the mons, i'm going back and looking through which of the sprites need qc and which need DS palettes, i'll keep a list of it and talk to darkdragon
                                                  Thought so. :/

Well, here's my second go at it.

I edited le_paragon's sprites. As to why and how I ended up with that; I kinda see Decidueye (my fave Pokémon of Gen VII) as a slender, human-like creature. So I "un-floofed" his wings so make him a lot slender based off of the SM models. Then, another defining feature of Decidueye for me is his feather on his head so I didn't want the idea to fold it backwards and made it stand out a little more. Doing so would mean I had to shorten his legs so I bent his legs a little, like in my first sprite. Also made his claws sharper. Had to shorten the leaves on his hood so as not to make it look like hair. Made the spots on his backsprites smaller. :/

I do recommend qc on the sprite and maybe making the wingcloak (yes, it's a word for Decidueye now) a little longer to match his models?

Sorry for the long post. I tend to blabber a lot. :(

EDIT: I also suggest trying to spread one of his wings. :/ I'd try to do so but I just can't seem to make it right. :/
                                                  Old January 4th, 2018 (6:51 AM).
                                                  Z-nogyroP Z-nogyroP is offline

a comparison of the new decidueye sprite vs the other one

to be honest, they both look perfectly good. the puffier one is more dynamic, i think, but that can be taken as a good or bad thing. they look kind of like they could be a two-frame animation the way emerald has.

i would probably just suggest keeping both and making one an alt sprite. that would let people pick whichever they like better. if we have to pick one, i think i prefer the thinner one, but i like both.

Quick Reply