• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do for a living?

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Currently I'm just making ends meet at my retail job while looking for something more stable. What about you?

Years
making ends meet working at a food service job while looking for something more stable + makes more money

Last edited:
Reactions: noa
Years
My health problems have forced me to survive solely off of government money for the time being but before that I was working as a dance instructor. I'll be returning to that in the not-too-distant future I hope.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Right now just school

I'm thinking about getting into journalism after I graduate, but I'm not 100% decided. Specifically, I've wanted to be a columnist for Bleacher Report, and maybe I could make that a reality.

TY

I work every saturday at a distribution centre and waiting till i finish school so I can get something better.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I quit my job at Steak n shake roughly two months ago and have been surviving off my gf's paychecks while I search for something better.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
just working in retail atm while i'm in school, still live with my parents so i'm not in too much of a hurry to find a full-time job yet

Years
Working at a college doing background checks, certification letters, answering the main e-mail, and like 47994946946 other responsibilities. It's a union job so I've got stability and can never be fired unless I do something horrendous, so that's nice at least (plus this is my first time having a job that gives medical insurance...), but I'd like a higher salary haha. Hoping to take a promotion exam sometime so I can have the full package and not worry about finding a job ever again. Or move out of state. ɾ⚈▿⚈ɹ Still entertaining the idea of Montreal or Quebec City..

I've Come to Bargain said:
PhD program; a full-time job in itself.

Dang for sure! Good luck that is very cool!!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I work in banking. Managing customer relationships from the point they apply for a home loan to the time their loan draws down, so I get to give them the good news when their loan is approved/funds are available/etc. Verifying their documentation etcetc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Am research engineer chemist at electronics research institute. Will be a PhD student but still employed at my company come mid January.

Last edited:
Years
I work two positions irrelevant to one-another at a community college. I am a receptionist/assistant in various projects and tasks for the success center on campus, which is where students go for tutoring, in addition to studying, and success coaching as well.

My other job is actually in my field: IT. When I'm not at work in the success center, I work a helpdesk-like job at the on-campus open computer lab. Our primary task is to assist students when there's something wrong with the computer they are using, in addition to maintaining the two printers (refilling toner and/or paper). However, we do occasionally also re-image the computers and fix them when they are broken as well.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I currently work as an IT technician, we have various people and companies as clients and whenever they have problems with their computers, servers, printers or networks, we fix them, whether it's remotely or by physically going there.

i make frapps at sbux
can i get a uh...
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh
Spoiler:

Back