• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do for a living?

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
aaand only gonna be there a couple more months as a sort of reception-y job but there's nothing to do at the job 99% of the time so I sit there bored.

Can you at least do other stuff on the job? D: I know some people with reception jobs who can use phones or even play games during dead hours, it's so dumb when jobs are like "nothing to do? too bad, you have to sit here and stare at your desk"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I currently work as an IT technician, we have various people and companies as clients and whenever they have problems with their computers, servers, printers or networks, we fix them, whether it's remotely or by physically going there.

can i get a uh...
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh
Spoiler:

a n g e r y

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
On paper, I'm a front-end webdeveloper for a ticket retailing company.

Basically I'm supposed to just make webpages for museums and sports stadiums and such so they can sell tickets online. In reality I ended up bearing the sole responsibility for all web-related activity in this company, I have to work on other web-related projects on the side and I have to do a lot of back-end work because none of my colleagues have time to do the database stuff that I need sorted for my webpages.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i'm currently a full time student at community college. going to be starting my second semester for spring in a few days. i can't handle work and school, so school will have to do. plus my classes this semester will probably be quite difficult anyways, so i won't have a lot of free time possibly anyways. i like but hate school though. it gives me a schedule and a routine and something to look forward to in the mornings i have classes, which is two days a week, but i'm also still not used to how rigorous college can be at times. ah well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can you at least do other stuff on the job? D: I know some people with reception jobs who can use phones or even play games during dead hours, it's so dumb when jobs are like "nothing to do? too bad, you have to sit here and stare at your desk"

Yeah I can but there is only so much phone reading I can take lmao.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I got super lucky, and was able to find a job almost right out of college. I work as a library technician at a school; checking books in and out, addressing each class before they choose their books, printing overdue lists, mending books, withdrawing books, processing new books: it's all part of the job! Seeing the students get hyped about books and reading is really rewarding!

My position is only part-time though, so I have a second job, also in a library. I work the front desk at a public library, dealing with circulation transactions, mostly. I've been working there for over 5 years already, and both positions compliment each other very well.

Eventually, I'd like one full time job for the stability, but I'm alright with my situation for now.

So, basically, I'm a library lady cx

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't do anything. I mean, unless you count small things. If so, then I'm a bit of a writer... well, I write a lot actually. I just haven't gotten myself published for various reasons. Other than that, I don't have a job for personal reasons.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I am part of the security team at a company which does business with other companies.
I meanly deal with security issues within the company, so whatever is on the news (like the current Spectre / Meltdown) we check what's affected and what needs to be updated. Other more routine stuff like checking phishing emails I do as well as part of my role.

Reactions: noa

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Retail management. More specifically, I oversee the operations of 100M/year worth of fresh food and grocery business. Essentially most of my time is spent reviewing reports detailing loss of profit opportunities, inventory levels and supplier relations, health and safety audits, and price competitiveness. I enjoy it and it pays well, but I'd like to do something else that's more exciting.

Reactions: noa
Back