• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
would also b interesting to know if using something like gts and trade a pkm will its birthsign be traded if so if the game it was transfered from was using set 1 and the game transfered 2 used set 2 which set will the traded pokemon have?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
is it possible for evolution be affected by Birthsign and can switches be activated via birthsigns?
I see no reason why you couldn't set up evolution methods linked to the species having a particular sign. It should probably work if set up correctly. I'm less sure about switches (if you mean like control switches).

would also b interesting to know if using something like gts and trade a pkm will its birthsign be traded if so if the game it was transfered from was using set 1 and the game transfered 2 used set 2 which set will the traded pokemon have?
If the game being traded to has the same version of the birthsign mechanic installed, sure. I don't see why not. Although I have no experience with trading with Essentials. But theoretically, sure.

As far as different Birthsign Sets, I'm getting rid of that in the next update anyway. Any sign will be able to be assigned, regardless of what your 12 month zodiac looks like. I'll go into more detail about how that works once I'm finished.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
I see no reason why you couldn't set up evolution methods linked to the species having a particular sign. It should probably work if set up correctly. I'm less sure about switches (if you mean like control switches).
yh i mean like control switches wanted to be able to have a switch activates if a certain species is shown to it but also has to contain a specific sign aswell

If the game being traded to has the same version of the birthsign mechanic installed, sure. I don't see why not. Although I have no experience with trading with Essentials. But theoretically, sure.

As far as different Birthsign Sets, I'm getting rid of that in the next update anyway. Any sign will be able to be assigned, regardless of what your 12 month zodiac looks like. I'll go into more detail about how that works once I'm finished.

that sounds really cool

EDIT

ok so i have made an evolution method that is dependant on the birthsign in this case march

when PBEvolution::Custom1
return poke if pokemon.hasMarBirthsign? && pokemon.level>=level

and in the pokemon.txt pbs file
Evolutions=RAICHU,Custom1,21

so in this case pikachu will evolve at level 21 if it has the march sign

EDIT

Ive made a small script addon for birthsigns it checks for a defined pokemon with a defined birthsign just script call

Code:
pbPokeSignCheck(a,b,c,d)

were
a is the species number,
b is the birthsign id
c is the variable or switch assigned to the call
d is option and is the mode 1 = variable, 2 = switch and 3 = both (default is 3)

eg pbPokeSignCheck(25,9,53) will look for a pikachu with the september birthsign and will will return variable 53 with 1 and switch 53 to on

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
yh i mean like control switches wanted to be able to have a switch activates if a certain species is shown to it but also has to contain a specific sign aswell

that sounds really cool

EDIT

ok so i have made an evolution method that is dependant on the birthsign in this case march

when PBEvolution::Custom1
return poke if pokemon.hasMarBirthsign? && pokemon.level>=level

and in the pokemon.txt pbs file
Evolutions=RAICHU,Custom1,21

so in this case pikachu will evolve at level 21 if it has the march sign

EDIT

Ive made a small script addon for birthsigns it checks for a defined pokemon with a defined birthsign just script call

Code:
pbPokeSignCheck(a,b,c,d)

were
a is the species number,
b is the birthsign id
c is the variable or switch assigned to the call
d is option and is the mode 1 = variable, 2 = switch and 3 = both (default is 3)

eg pbPokeSignCheck(25,9,53) will look for a pikachu with the september birthsign and will will return variable 53 with 1 and switch 53 to on

Spoiler:
Huh. Well this seems interesting. May I ask what sort of ways you have in mind for using this bit if code?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
well its all dependant on wether or not i can get an evo method to work but essentially i wanted a way to make the player visit a sacred area with certain pokemon containing certain birthsigns once complete it'll either allow a certain pokemon to evolve or release an evo item for said pokemons evolution depends what i can work out

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Major Update 1/7/18: New Signs & Custom Zodiac
With the way this project was designed previously, it was only really possible for me to add new birthsigns in sets of 12. That's why I stopped making new ones after 24, because adding any more would mean I'd need to add a full set of 12 to create a new zodiac, which is a lot. However, I've gone back and completely changed how this project handles zodiacs. This change not only makes it easier for me to add new signs in any amounts that I want, but it also gives you more options in how to set up your zodiacs. So to kick off this update, I've added 6 brand new birthsigns, bringing the total to 30. Here are the new signs:

New Birthsigns:
Spoiler:

Now, you may have noticed that none of these new signs are tied to a specific month. That's because of the next addition: Custom Zodiacs. Yes, you can now properly build your own 12 month set out of the 30 possible signs. You're no longer forced to use a particular set in the order that I create. You can freely mix and match how you wish. Here's how that's done:

Set Customization:
Spoiler:

Other Changes
While the new signs and customization are the primary changes with this update, a slew of other things are implemented as well. Here's what's new:

Spoiler:

Changes to Sign Effects
Certain signs have been slightly updated in this update.

Spoiler:

Changes to Zodiac Powers
Many effects to various Zodiac Powers have been changed in this update. Previously, there were a few signs from Set 1 and 2 that shared identical effects. Since you can now create customized sets to include any birthsign, I've gone back and given each sign a unique effect to avoid having any overlapping effects in the same zodiac.

Spoiler:

Installation
This is a substantial update, and requires a full re-installation of all the projects scripts.
Here's what you'll need:
Spoiler:

The main post has now been updated to reflect these changes.
~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
this appears to work great thank you

soo i know that this is compatable with zmoves so thank you for that will your EBS compatibility work with this aswell?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
this appears to work great thank you

soo i know that this is compatable with zmoves so thank you for that will your EBS compatibility work with this aswell?

Yep. Although you'll have to create your own graphics for the Z-Move toggle to work with it (just use my Zodiac toggles as a model).

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
for those who are using the zmove compatibility and ebs here are the toggle icons i quickly made for them

ZMove.png goes into graphics/pictures/EBS
ZMove NG.png needs to be renamed to ZMove.png and it goes into graphics/pictures/EBS/nextGen

Attachments

• ZMove NG.png
    ZMove NG.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 214
  • ZMove.png
    ZMove.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 7
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
for those who are using the zmove compatibility and ebs here are the toggle icons i quickly made for them

ZMove.png goes into graphics/pictures/EBS
ZMove NG.png needs to be renamed to ZMove.png and it goes into graphics/pictures/EBS/nextGen

Good stuff, im gonna use these myself.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
no problem after all youve done to get this cool script working correctly its the least i could do

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Minor Update 1/18/18: Legendary Breeding Compatibility
This is a small update mostly to maintain compatibility across a few of my scripts. The only things that are affected are the core Birthsigns script and the typesEgg graphic located in the Birthsigns/Other graphics folder. I've also added a new optional script in the main post.

• Fixed some of the item lists for transmutation with 'The Alchemist'.

• Added a few Gen 6 & 7 items to the transmutation list that I missed.

• Rolled in my new Legendary Breeding script into this project, so that hatched legendary species can enjoy all the benefits of Pokemon Birthsigns.

• Added a new script to the main post under the Optional section. This is a replacement for the PBEggGroups script, to add the new Egg Groups required for Legendary Breeding.

• Updated the typeEgg graphic in the Birthsigns Folder so that the appropriate egg groups will be displayed on legendary species when the SHOW_EGG_GROUPS toggle is set to "true".

• Some slight updates to the Egg Group display code in the summary to allow for compatibility with everything.

EDIT: Removed the LEGENDARY_BREED toggle I added with this update. It just added an unnecessary extra step.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
so with this newest update do we still need to install the legendary breed system seperate or is it now all integrated?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
so with this newest update do we still need to install the legendary breed system seperate or is it now all integrated?
If you installed the new version, then all the actual breeding mechanics are in place. However, nothing will actually take effect until you add the new egg groups to your PBEggGroups script, and make the appropriate changes to your PBS files. Both of which can be found in the instructions of that thread.

I've also put the updated PBEggGroups script and added a link to it under the "optional" section of the main post in this thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok thats what i thought just wanted to make sure before messing around changing things if there not needed

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
quick question what does the trainers birthsign do or can we do anything with it

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
quick question what does the trainers birthsign do or can we do anything with it
It doesn't do anything, it's just cosmetic. I may or may not do something with it at some future point, but I don't have any plans for it right now.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ah shame would have been cool if we could use it similar to how we use pokemon birthsigns aswell

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
I recently tried installing FL's Family Tree script with Birthsigns following your instructions from before, but they no longer seem to work and cause my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong, or are they no longer compatible?

Back