The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Other FULL [M] Persona: Memory's Edge

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 14th, 2018 (8:27 PM).

Nature: Mild
    I'm having trouble figuring out what the names for the classes are, but to be fair that's not my strong suit.

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 14th, 2018 (10:16 PM).
    A Princely Birb

Nature: Brave
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by (Drakath) View Post
      That's understandable, though I feel like without a section in the SU for resistances and weaknesses our personas would fail to be treated as if they have any.
      Simply put. I didn't put it in the SU because I am not forcing it on anyone. It is ultimately what I feel is an unnecessary addition. Considering we are not running stats nor HP, adding in your own weakness is purely flavor. As I had said before, if you wish to include it, then by all accounts feel free to; I know I'm treating Uncta as if she was weak to Ice and Curse. But the topic of gamification pops up fairly often, as well my own opinions on the role of the GM. While I do stand in favor of some gamification, emulating games one-to-one isn't necessary here.

It leans heavily on my own thoughts on GMing here. Having a forced negative can lead to incentive to cheese around that forced negative. I've been in RPs elsewhere that, in the case of Pokemon, getting around a forced weakness is done by simply typing "He dodges". Having a forced negative also means enforcement of that negative. While I doubt anyone here would try to cheese their way around it (this forum is much better about it than others), I still wouldn't want to have to prowl around people's post like "sorry, you've dodged a little too much there" or "you wrote you got hit with a fire attack, but you weren't as damaged by it as you should be". It's likely an overreaction from me, but the simple side of the philosophy is "more rules = more policing".

Quote:
      Originally Posted by (Drakath) View Post
      Given that information, is using a persona still physically and/or mentally tiring? If it happens to also be physically tiring then wouldn't it eventually defeat the purpose of bringing weapons?
      Given the games still block you from doing activities after exploring a dungeon, I'm sticking with "Yes, they are still tiring just as all fighting is". It's not quite to the exhaustion/sickness levels of P3, but the idea still stands.

Now why would you want to still fight with a normal weapon? Same reason you would in game. Using a weapon and fighting in person is tiring, but nowhere near as tiring as using a Persona. If we correlate HP to physical exhaustion and SP to mental exhaustion, using a weapon is such a minuscule amount of effort compared to a Persona that it costs next to nothing. Meanwhile using a spell is mentally exhausting (SP loss) and and ordering your persona to do a physical attack causes a large amount of physical exhaustion (taking off a large chunk of HP).

Of course, we can assume this is all effecting by you being in the Collective Unconscious. This is Persona, drinking a soda will give you more mental focus for doing more spells. The real danger is reaching the point of collapse inside a place where everything wants to kill you. But so long as you don't reach that point, you can just eat some bread, have a few sodas, maybe drink some medicine and then you'll be as ready to fight as the first step into the Other World. Things are entirely based on how society perceives it, it is the Collective Unconscious. Why would you even bother fighting with a knife when you have a 10 foot murder god behind you? Society thinks knives are dangerous, so enough cuts and it will kill just like your Persona.

And ultimately we go back to the core of it, I want people to have options. Maybe you want a backup weapon? Your persona isn't as helpful when the thing has you pinned against the wall. Maybe you want to play a rebellious girl with a sledgehammer who lights monsters on fire with a Native-American spider god? Options are fun.
      Old January 15th, 2018 (3:21 PM).
      Ukigaru kienai hokori no kizunaaaaaa...

Nature: Quiet
      At the risk of sounding impatient, what are your plans in regards to accepting signups?

I'm just so excited!

No. 448
      Garchomp, the Mach Pokémon

Old January 15th, 2018 (9:12 PM).
      A Princely Birb

I was looking to start deciding this weekend, to give the people with WIP applications time to finish (some people have mentioned it over this discord that they have WIP ones too). I unfortunately have a wedding Saturday, but I might be able to start that night.
        Old January 16th, 2018 (1:27 AM). Edited January 16th, 2018 by Junier.
        a junebug // on rpt

Nature: Hasty
          What's unfortunate about a wedding, fam? Have some fun!

I'll chip away at Miki... or I won't, aha! Depends what I feel like prioritizing in the midst of a crazy week.
          Old January 21st, 2018 (4:21 AM). Edited January 21st, 2018 by Ech.
          sup dude

Nature: Quirky
            Just throwing this garbage here just to show that I'm interested in joining. It's not a whole lot right now since I kinda just started, but I should be able to get the rest finished today. Though I don't know if I already missed the deadline.

Spoiler:
            STAT

IC POST

TOWER

DoB: November 28th, 2013.
            Grade: 10-B

-XVI-

I remembered the shade of red dripping down their masks and onto the floor as this viscous fluid. Those unkempt pair of hands squeezing hard and viciously besmirching parts of her body. I remembered their contorted faces, lifeless in expression with the lines between pleasure and agony blurred. And that macabre sight of the woman’s flesh being penetrated—her hellish shrills reminded me of tales of banshees.
            ---------
            I always recalled the strong guilt I felt as an idling witness. It wasn't out of sympathy for the victims, but perhaps it was because I felt a part of myself was fascinated by such atrocities—there was this intoxicating air behind their immoral nature. But of course, I was well aware how wrong it all was, and it was because of my awareness of my own irrepressible feeling that left me so terrified and vulnerable.
            ---------
            I always remembered this experience, but given how surreal it all was, I’m unsure if I ever fully understood this particular incident. Nevertheless, that unprecedented sense of fear and excitement tore down the tower I once falsely claimed as my own, and I was left exposed and naked without my prosaic morals. Though I've lost many things, that red memory was neither traumatic nor pleasant, and it only allowed myself an opportunity to reconstruct a different tower.
            ---------
            Whether or not the world rejects me for my vices doesn’t concern me, and the same applies for my other self. All that matters is that I choose to live my life through rose-coloured glasses. And honestly, I’ve never felt more exhilarated.

--------------------------------------------------------

I swear that the past is unchangeable and I will do all in my power to remember,

--------------------------------------------------------

Appearance
            Clocks in at five feet and two inches. Wardrobe is carefully themed through a moderation of simplicity and feminine allure.
            Spoiler:

Persona
            Mara, the "Evil One". Affinity with Fire and Curses. Resists Blessed attacks but has a weakness to Ice.
            Spoiler:
            Old January 23rd, 2018 (8:58 PM).
            A Princely Birb

Okay, time to actually accept people. No fancy CSS, because I'm lazy.

L'Belle's Rodger Herberts

Magnificent Magilou's Claire Auron

Star Arcana's Misty Washington

Skystrike's Joshua Rivers

Ozymandias' Benjamin Paige

Orbital Pudding's Estelle Beatriz Santiago

Junier's Toru Miki

Fen's Aiko Winchester-Inoue

and Ech's Tory Lauren

Have all been accepted.

----------------------

Some quick notes: Just in case you aren't on it, this RP has a channel on the RPT discord server. Largely this is just memes, but I do check there multiple times a day. If you have a super important question, that might be the best place to reach me at since pings go directly to my phone, and doesn't require me to log into PC.

I said 8 at first, but I think there are too many good characters. What's 10 compared to 8?

When is the IC going up? Pretty much as soon as this is posted. I already have it written up, I just need to click to post it and have it approved.
              Old January 29th, 2018 (12:03 AM).
              A Princely Birb

While we do the initial posts, let's talk education. Persona has it's fair share of odd ball, eccentric, and just plain weird teachers. From the one who can't stop idealizing his favorite historical era, the one who just wants to gossip, and the hopeless one who tries to teach high-schoolers with a puppet.

Got any good ideas for a teacher? I'd love to incorporate your ideas.
                Old February 2nd, 2018 (3:01 PM).
                Hope springs eternal

Nature: Adamant
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PastelPhoenix View Post
                  While we do the initial posts, let's talk education. Persona has it's fair share of odd ball, eccentric, and just plain weird teachers. From the one who can't stop idealizing his favorite historical era, the one who just wants to gossip, and the hopeless one who tries to teach high-schoolers with a puppet.

Got any good ideas for a teacher? I'd love to incorporate your ideas.
                  The high school educator/staff member that acts like their teaching/working with little kids is always interesting.

Also, apologies for my lack of posting, it was a crazy week at work (and a bit at home too). I do plan on having something done real soon though :3

Paired with my BF, CountDVB
                  Old February 2nd, 2018 (8:45 PM). Edited February 2nd, 2018 by Pudding.
                  Hang On In There!

Nature: Docile
                  I've had my fair share of interesting teachers, especially in uni. Had one whose passion lies in what they taught, randomly yelling ELECTRONS whenever it came up to show his excitement in the topic. Not to mention the bad jokes and puns. "They then bond together like so, zzzzzzzing. Yes, they make that sound."

Had one math teacher who was once in a band and demonstrated a very laidback and lethargic attitude to... everything. Let the students do what they wanted as long as they stayed quiet and finished an easy worksheet. Loved to talk about his band and guitars.
                  Old February 27th, 2018 (8:25 PM).
                  A Princely Birb

Welcome to the first dungeon! It's not all going to be cleared yet, so just work your way towards the center to actually find out what the heck is going on here.

For anyone not familiar with how Personas come into being, the answer is that it varies. Typically we see that the first summoning is at the very least distressing, if not painful. The protagonist of 3 appeared very hesitant to summon his. The protag of 4 seemed like he was overheating, having to unbutton his jacket and loosen his collar as well as breathing heavily. The entire party in 5 seems to be in physical pain during the summoning: screaming, clutching their head, and having to rip off their mask which appears to leave blood behind.

For our sakes, it's somewhat painful. Your character's head likely feels like it's going to split in two during the summoning, although it leaves no physical marks.

Personas also tend to speak with their host for one of the only times during the initial summoning. For example, Arsene, the initial Persona of 5, says this to the protagonist:

"What's the matter...? Are you simply going to watch? Are you forsaking him to save yourself? Death awaits him if you do nothing. Was your previous decision a mistake then? Very well...I have heeded your resolve. Vow to me. I am thou, thou art I...Thou who art willing to perform all sacrilegious acts for thine own justice! Call upon my name, and release thy rage! Show the strength of thy will to ascertain all on thine own, though thou be chained to Hell itself!"

------

As for the scale of enemies, I'm working off the magic scale within the games to gauge difficulty.

Minuscule - This enemy only poses a threat in large swarms.

Tiny - This enemy is easily defeatable. You should only be concerned about large groups.

Low - This enemy is easily defeatable by you, although more than two at once might be an issue.

Average/Medium - This enemy can be beat in one-on-one fights. Roughly equal to yours.

High - This enemy is tough to beat alone, but overtly so. Be care of it in a group.

Massive - This enemy can pretty easily defeat you. Be wary of being caught in its sights.

Colossal - This enemy will wipe the floor with you.

Quick Reply