Robot Maid

Age 32
Female
Brazil
Seen February 14th, 2018
Posted January 7th, 2018
48 posts
3.4 Years
So, been thinking about making a Sailor Moon based challenge, and I'm slowly but surely developing "rules" for it, starting with what pokmon you can pick for your team, based on the senshi. I decided to center myself around the main 10, because choosing poks to fit all the senshi that appear in the shows would be a nightmare, lol
Expanding a little on the rules for this idea, after I thought about it yesterday:

=You pick which team you wanna use: Inner Senshi or Outer Senshi.
=True to Sailor Moon fashion, your senshi need to be all female (maybe expand to no gender pokmon? I mean as long as they are not male?).
=Optional rule(?): if you pick the outer senshi group, your Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune need to follow Wedlocke rules, kinda? (still working on this since this is not really a locke challenge).
=Your sixth Pokmon is the only male of your team and acts like the team's Tuxedo Mask, but I'm not sure what that would entail lol, need to develop this further.
Nidoqueen is Waifu

My Gameplay YouTube Channel (still very new!) // On Going and Finished Challenges are HERE!

viper8890

Male
India
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted August 24th, 2020
439 posts
6 Years
Hey guys, I had made a challenge nearly half year ago. I thought that it was a good idea for a challenge but I didn't get any response. So I would like you guys to have a look and give me feedback if this challenge can be improved and played or is it non revivable. I'll post the link below.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9616272#9616272
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
14 posts
3 Years
I didn’t realize this thread was here when I posted in the general thread.
Here's an idea for a run I've had that I wanted to get some opinions on. It's basically a way to run through every region with a "family lineage" of pokemon. It does require you to go out of chronological order to be able to work...But I still think it sounds fun.

Start with Fire Red or LeafGreen, catch team of 6 pokemon. Beat the game and do the post game at least up to the point of opening up the breeding center. Breed a team for the next game using your Hall of Fame team as parents. Your Pokemon may be bred with wild pokemon, but if you have two pokemon in your established team that are compatible with each other, they must breed to produce an offspring. Transfer or trade those to the next game. If you have an empty slot (due to mixing of parents), it may be filled with a wild pokemon. This will continue through a version of each generation until the final game where the final team are crowned champs. Genderless pokemon may be used, but no more than 1 is allowed on a team (and this'll make it more boring, as you're essentially stuck with the same pokemon for 7 regions). I’m thinking of calling it the Legacy Run. Obviously it’s a bit involved...but I just started FireRed. I’m open to any pointers before officially posting this challenge.

Order:

FR/LG->HG/SS->D/P/Plt->B/w->B2/W2->OR/AS->XY->S/M/US/UM

JaDe.X105

Age 29
Male
Seen April 17th, 2020
Posted December 3rd, 2017
378 posts
5.6 Years
This has probably been asked before, but what do you challenge makers/participants do to prevent power leveling? It doesn't really seem like a challenge if I can face a gym leader with my team all leveled 6+ levels above theirs, even if it's not the most optimized team. Does anyone put a rule about this in their challenge, or is it not really any issue how the players play?

Come join us in The Underground
Or check out my latest blog post in Genwunner No More!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 1st, 2020
1,204 posts
9.5 Years
This has probably been asked before, but what do you challenge makers/participants do to prevent power leveling? It doesn't really seem like a challenge if I can face a gym leader with my team all leveled 6+ levels above theirs, even if it's not the most optimized team. Does anyone put a rule about this in their challenge, or is it not really any issue how the players play?
Well it depends on the challenge, Solos are impossible not to have OP levels, Nuzlockes you can set rules so you cannot go over the level of the next gym leader. Aside from that, It's just your control when training, most challenges don't actually have rules about being over leveled.

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
As Strike the Blood said, this is issue only in Solo/Double and maybe in Triple challenges or if you decide to use less that Pokemon.

You can try to avoid it by avoiding trainers and grass.
Pokémon Challenges | Shiny Island

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 1st, 2020
1,204 posts
9.5 Years
As Strike the Blood said, this is issue only in Solo/Double and maybe in Triple challenges or if you decide to use less that Pokemon.

You can try to avoid it by avoiding trainers and grass.
To be fair, unless you're doing a challenge where pokemon fainting is bad (aka a nuzlocke), there's really no reason to worry about over leveling, all it means is you can finish a challenge quicker.

I wish more pokemon games had a challenge mode, that gives BW2 such a good aspect is you can make it harder.

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
anyone know if there's any plans for a Christmas themed event challenge? monthly challenges seem to have died off
Well, Monthly isn't dead, but I was talking to some people on Discord about it and Christmas event. I decided not to do Monthly Challenge same month as regular event (just like in October).

I'm still not sure what to do for Christmas event. I'm open to any suggestion with it :)
Age 30
Female
Canada
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted October 4th, 2020
286 posts
8.2 Years
Well, Monthly isn't dead, but I was talking to some people on Discord about it and Christmas event. I decided not to do Monthly Challenge same month as regular event (just like in October).

I'm still not sure what to do for Christmas event. I'm open to any suggestion with it :)
Have to come up with something quickly since we're already on the 6th lol

Maybe just something simple, like a Holiday/Winter themed run? Maybe team members based on various holidays that happen this time of year?

MachoPony

Resident Brony

Male
Equestria
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted October 9th, 2020
279 posts
9.3 Years

i didnt see one for november... maybe i'm blind.

anyway something holiday themed would be nice thats all we need. or heck. make it a secret santa thing where we randomly assign each other a pokemon for our ingame team.

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
i didnt see one for november... maybe i'm blind.

anyway something holiday themed would be nice thats all we need. or heck. make it a secret santa thing where we randomly assign each other a pokemon for our ingame team.
Secret Santa is good idea :)

So, for the team members, I was thinking about in-game gift or Secret Santa, Ice-Type (This could be last call), deer-like or tree-like so far.

I would like to incorporate "gift bearer" (Santa, Ježíšek, La Befana, ...) and also something for Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

Any idea about that?

MachoPony

Resident Brony

Male
Equestria
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted October 9th, 2020
279 posts
9.3 Years
how about

In game gift/trade (its not just about giving contrary to popular belief)
wonder trade (or random pick pre gen 6)
secret santa from another member
Ice type
holiday themed (fairy, tree, deer etc)
holiday tradition (so if you celebrate hannukkah or Kwanzaa or even just Christmas itself, something based on the history or tradition beyond commercialization)

something like that could work i guess, someone else could probably come up with a better idea though

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 1st, 2020
1,204 posts
9.5 Years
There are plenty of christmas "themed" pokemon to choose from, you could have an event of having to complete games only using these festive mons.

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
Thanks for suggestions. I'll try to think something up and will probably have the thread ready next week.

But one more question... It'll be mid-month event, so how long should it be running?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted June 1st, 2020
1,204 posts
9.5 Years
Probably run it until the 31st, Usually I'd say until maybe a day or 2 after christmas but considering it'll be a mid month event, going till the end of the year is fine.

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
It took some time, but Christmas Event is up!!

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
Guess what's back? After few of you messaged me about it, I revived Potterlocke Challenge. Feel free to join in!

Arjay

#GoStags

Age 30
Male
United Kingdom
Seen June 17th, 2020
Posted February 27th, 2020
504 posts
5.8 Years
I made up my own challenge in ORAS once where I took 6 random Pokémon from my Bank at the start of the game and Wonder Traded them all, then used the Pokémon I received as my team for the entire playthrough. I did it until I had 6 different Pokémon otherwise it probably would have been a team of Zigzagoons! At the end of the game my final team was Starmie, Tyrantrum, Beheeyem, Armaldo, Scolipede and a shiny Cobalion. I really enjoyed it as there were one or two same type crossovers so I had to work with a smaller spread of types, and I used several Pokémon I've never used before.

Sydian

fake your death.

Age 28
they/he
Georgia
Seen 37 Minutes Ago
Posted 41 Minutes Ago
32,893 posts
12.8 Years
That does sound pretty neat. Maybe enough to get me back into ORAS or gen VII. Anyone else having trouble really getting into SM/USUM? I still haven't beaten my regular playthrough of Sun or UltraMoon. I already beat Moon and I guess that was enough for me.

Also Arjay, if you enjoyed that, have you ever tried a Wonderlocke? It's a similar principle, just with Nuzlocke type rules. You catch the first Pokemon on the route, but instead of keeping it, you wonder trade it away and that stays with you. Of course, there is a duplicate clause so if you happen to get something you already have, you can wonder trade until you have something you don't already own. And of course, if the Pokemon faints, it's out. I'm personally not a big fan of Nuzlockes, but this was one I rather enjoyed. I was doing one in OmegaRuby for a while, but I haven't played in a long time.
i don't know css x

twitter

Janp

Age 23
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,216 posts
7.6 Years
I made up my own challenge in ORAS once where I took 6 random Pokémon from my Bank at the start of the game and Wonder Traded them all, then used the Pokémon I received as my team for the entire playthrough. I did it until I had 6 different Pokémon otherwise it probably would have been a team of Zigzagoons! At the end of the game my final team was Starmie, Tyrantrum, Beheeyem, Armaldo, Scolipede and a shiny Cobalion. I really enjoyed it as there were one or two same type crossovers so I had to work with a smaller spread of types, and I used several Pokémon I've never used before.
That sounds interesting. At what levels did you get your team members? I can imagine it being hard if you got them on low levels and being pretty easy if you got them on higher levels.

Maybe enough to get me back into ORAS or gen VII. Anyone else having trouble really getting into SM/USUM? I still haven't beaten my regular playthrough of Sun or UltraMoon. I already beat Moon and I guess that was enough for me.
I was forcing myself to complete Alpha Sapphire when it came out, but mostly because I played RSE so many times and ORAS felt much slower and easier. But when I got to post game, I spent hundred of hours on it.

Then, when SM came out, I was hyped for it and jump into it on 1st day. And quickly turned it off and didn't touch it for months until I forced to complete it. But once I got in Hall of Fame I turned it off once again.

I didn't bother with Ultra versions fo far, but I'm thinking about returning to Sun and do some challenges in it.

Sydian

fake your death.

Age 28
they/he
Georgia
Seen 37 Minutes Ago
Posted 41 Minutes Ago
32,893 posts
12.8 Years
I played ORAS decently I guess, but yeah, I played RSE so much that they felt slower and easier. And I mean, RSE are easy to me now, but...lol you know, I kind of miss TMs being one use in a way? Because you literally have to plan out who gets what move, know where there are extras of that TM, etc. Now it's like. YOU get Earthquake, YOU get Earthquake, the WHOLE TEAM shakin the ground here.

I am like...in the Diglett Tunnel in UltraMoon? And just can't be assed to go further? I used to enjoy playing challenges on the most recent game because I would have more variety for my team, but lol I can't even play through newer games normally. I don't have enough drive or time to put myself into another challenge. I still boot up older games from time to time to see where I stopped in the middle of a challenge, though. RIP to those.
i don't know css x

twitter

Fairy

she / her
Laverre City
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
10,779 posts
9.5 Years
Gonna scoot this over to Challenges for Janp to check over. :)