• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My story.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
I don't really expect anyone to give this story a second thought, but that's fine withme. I just really need to get this off my chest, it happend two years ago when I still lived in Arizona. I promise it's true but I don't really care if you belive me or not since it's just here to let me clear my mind. Here I go.
:'(
Two years ago I was a member of a technology forum since I didn't know much about computors and they were able to answer all my questions. One person in particular was always willing to help me, he said he was a 19 year old enrolled in a computor school, after a while he became a pretty good friend, always helping me and answering my question, or just there when I wanted to talk. He eventually sent me an e-mail saying he wanted to meet me, he also sent a picture of a handsome young man and said it was him. I e-mailed him back and told him I would rather just keep friendships online and offline seperate. He maild back and told me he would meet me after school one day. I thought he was lying and just left the forum I met him at and ignored his constant e-mails. A couple weeks past, and I forgot all about him. We were getting ready to move to a differant state so I was pretty preocupied. I lved in a apartment comlpex with my mom across the court from my best friends who's mom also happend to be my mom's good friend. I rode home on the bus with my friends just like I did every other day but when I got home I noticed my mom wasn't home. She turned out to be at the store. Later I was watching tv when I noticed my cat staring at the wndow behind me with her ears down. I turned around and came face to face with a creepy looking man with long hair pulled back and a beard. He was watching me with a nasty grin on his face, after I got a good look at him he ran off, in Arizona there are alot of bums so I didn't call the police because I thought he was one of them, and they are always looking in on people. A few days past and I kept getting e-mails from the man from the forum. After school one day I had to stay after for a student counsel meeting. I went out back to throw away some boxes in the dumpster behind the school. I never saw him coming. After I threw the boxes away i turned around and was grabed by someone, it was the same man that had been looking in my window a few days earlier. He coverd my mouth and draged me away to his car on the side of the building without any windows. There was just one car there and its windows were coverd from the inside. he tried to open the door but to do that he had to either let go of me or uncover my mouth. He uncoverd my mouth but I didn't have much time to scream since he opend the door so quikley and threw me in the car. I won't give any details but I will say he tried to rape me, I managed to unlock the other door and finally after he slapped me a couple of times for trying to leave, I got the door open, kicked him in the jaw and got out. I ran inside went straight to the bathrooms. My shirt was stretched and my face was red from when he slapped me, luckely he didn't try to get into the school. I cleaned myself up and went back to the meeting. After that I made sure I was never alone and kept my eye on the window canstantly. We evantually moved and I am just now starting to get back to online forums, evan though I am only in pc, serrebi, and the poke'special one. Other than that my life is back to normal, I still keep in touch with my boyfriend in Az, I am student council pres, and I have good grades.
Thanks for listening and I apologize for any typeing errors or boring you. I have never told this to any one out of shame, I told my mom once but she forgot by the next morning since she was still a very bad alcohalic back than.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years

*a real sad event... but is happy to see that the evil man didn't do any permanent everlasting damage at least...*

*not too sure if the email from the man online is related to that bum... at least according to the post there doesnt' seem to be any connections*

*should always keep your guard up (guys and girls) if you're alone... especially if your society/neightbourhood isn't the safest place around. Really try to be careful...*

*seems from the look of things that Teara is far more than ok now... seeing that she has confident in trying out online forums again, and if she's brave enough to post her story out in the open, she must have overcame the fear from the event*

*certainly have fun posting in PC ^_^*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I would have probably seriously hurt him if at all possible, but I?m glad you?re all right. Like frostweaver said, it may not have been him. Do you know if he had any way of getting your information so that he would be able to find you like that?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
O_O Glad you escaped. ._.

Welcome to PC

22sa

Years
PokeTrainerCarol said:
I'm sorry to hear that, Teara. I'm so glad you managed to escape, and also happy that you seem to have overcome what happened. ^___^
Welcome to the Pokemon Community!
Yah... And I hope you really managed to clear you mind too. =/ X_X

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
I'm glad you gave that guy what for! That's a pretty scary thing to happen to a person. You kept a cool head the whole time though!
Too bad you couldn't find out his license plate or something, than you would be able to sue him. Man, those kind of people really aggravate me, you did the right thing in your position and I'm glad you were able to get on with you're life.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Welcome to the Pok?mon Community. Make sure you read the rules so you won?t have to face the consequences. The rules are posted here. Review them before posting anywhere else.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any staff members question by PM or Instant Messaging.

Have a fun time here at PC and happy posting!
Alyssa Marissa Whitney
Mixed Community Group Moderator and PC Event Assistant
Created January 17, 2004
Revised January 18, 2004
Revised January 19, 2004

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
Years
It's good to know that you are all right after that event. The story isn't boring; I certainly learned another lesson from your story (even though I have been hearing reports since I was 10 about online chatrooms and girls suffering the consequences because of their [,mildly put,] actions.)
In fact, I was to write an essay which touches about this by today.
Like what frosty said (or thinks), be careful when walking alone and it would be best to go anywhere in a group.
Pokespecial one? *Checks forums*

Teara

Years
thank you

Thank you, I really apreciate you listening to my story and being so kind about it. You never think something like that can happen to you, but it does.
Also, I should have mentioned that the bum was defanently the man on the computer. I checked one of the e-mails he sent later in the day he poped in my window, It said (or something simalar):
That's a nice house you live in sweetie. Youre kitty didn't seem to like me too much, but I liked you. See you soon sweetie.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years

*ok if that's the thing, ask a friend to make a virus for you and send it to him... or make one yourself now... or just send MyDoom to him*

*always have to be extra careful about giving away your RL information especially house address when you're online... he was being so careful too with 22sa back then... if it isn't for Eddy Ko who was able to act as a "confirm this 22sa guy is a good guy", don't think they will ever get to meet together ^_^;*

*no worries... think most PC members always like to listen to stories... if it's a funny one, we laugh with the teller. If it's a one of tragic, we'll always do the best we can to help out in the situation*

Teara

Years
frostweaver said:

*ok if that's the thing, ask a friend to make a virus for you and send it to him... or make one yourself now... or just send MyDoom to him*

*always have to be extra careful about giving away your RL information especially house address when you're online... he was being so careful too with 22sa back then... if it isn't for Eddy Ko who was able to act as a "confirm this 22sa guy is a good guy", don't think they will ever get to meet together ^_^;*

*no worries... think most PC members always like to listen to stories... if it's a funny one, we laugh with the teller. If it's a one of tragic, we'll always do the best we can to help out in the situation*
I'd send him a virus but I just changed my e-mail adress and I don't want to take any chances. By the way I have no idea how he got my adress, maybe he lived nearby and saw where I lived, I still wonder about it sometimes.

Teara

Years
I seriously doubt he's still following me, I'm like six states away ^______^ .
...I'm free! I'm free! weee! *dances around, runs into a wall, gets knocked out* :knockedou

22sa

Years
Teara said:
I'd send him a virus but I just changed my e-mail adress and I don't want to take any chances. By the way I have no idea how he got my adress, maybe he lived nearby and saw where I lived, I still wonder about it sometimes.
Virus!? But you already kicked him on the... Oh well, if you can stay safe I guess...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
*perhaps hacking into your computer to extract important information... guess a firewall will help in that a bit... or just never input anything real if at all possible*

22sa

Years
Oh, my mom one the other hand 'doesn't care', other times she's sleeping lol. :P

Teara

Years
eheh...my parents...don't know I'm in any forums...they don't know I ever joined any. My mom didn't know how to use the computor at all so I didn't have any web restrictions. Now that she's married everything is differant. I am on a kids web restriction even though I'm almost 14 and they always say I'm too mature for my age. There are alot of things I can't do, like tell them I made my own e-mail adress...eheh...

22sa

Years
Same here, when my dad saw me on www.pokecommunity.com the first thign he said was something about the inappropriateness of me with Pokemon stuff, then he looked breifly at all the threads and immediately dissmissed everything I do here as "a waste of time"! :P Which it probably is :D but so!? Argh, well it isn't wasting my time, I could be doing less useful things... Jeez. Well one things for sure I won't be studying! Hmph. :( My mom saw me from time to time but I don't think she has any clue what a forum is... Actually, I don't think she even knows how to turn off the computer. :\ Ahh must stop there

Heh, I almost thought we had another near-adult person on the forum, guess not. ^^'

Teara

Years
22sa said:
Same here, when my dad saw me on www.pokecommunity.com the first thign he said was something about the inappropriateness of me with Pokemon stuff, then he looked breifly at all the threads and immediately dissmissed everything I do here as "a waste of time"! :P Which it probably is :D but so!? Argh, well it isn't wasting my time, I could be doing less useful things... Jeez. Well one things for sure I won't be studying! Hmph. :( My mom saw me from time to time but I don't think she has any clue what a forum is... Actually, I don't think she even knows how to turn off the computer. :\ Ahh must stop there

Heh, I almost thought we had another near-adult person on the forum, guess not. ^^'
heheh, my mom dosn't know where the power button is ( I'm not exagerating, she always presses the power button on the scanner instead). My parent havn't caught me yet...if they did I can just imagine what they'd say:
Mom: what's a forum, is that like a application?
Stepdad: Alyssa!!!! *slams computer on ground, drives away for two days*
Me:...eh?

Back