• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

since this is the subforum everyone is in right now for some reason

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Okay, i'm kind of drunk right now, so forgive me for emotional word salad and any potential typos.

I just want to say... thank you. Thank you all for these treasured, unforgettable, past two years of my life. This community has been my internet home since I joined, somewhere I could always go to when I needed it the most, and you all were right here, waiting for me. I love you guys so much. It may not seem like it, but I'm actually devastated to see my internet home go down in flames like this.

You guys know where to find me. I <3 you all

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
I love you noa. You are a bright guiding light in a world shrouded in darkness. I will always cherish our friendship, all those times i got kicked off showdown for being too drunk or on shrooms, and the way you greeted me with such amicable laughter.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I hope these events won't change our friendship. You seem like a good person

Reactions: noa

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I just met you today but i can tell you have shown a lot of devotion to this site and i resonate with this. When i was more active on here, I felt like I had a family here and a group of people who understood me. i'm gonna miss that a lot sad to see it's ending this way

Years
Thank you Noa. All of you contributed more than you think in growing this community and it really disappointed me to see people so easily vandalizing it as if the memories made here all of a sudden didn't matter. But for me (and I like to think for many others as well), PC will still hold an important place in our minds. Many of us have made gotten through tough real life circumstances, met friends or significant others, or even just spent time here to de-stress after a long day. I've met best friends here I don't plan to ever break off contact with. The issue with Steve will not change the importance of that. I'm happy to have gotten the chance to spend time here and meet so many wonderful people. Thank you everyone for giving me the chance to experience this place and fostering it into something I'll remember for many many many years.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Thank you Noa. All of you contributed more than you think in growing this community and it really disappointed me to see people so easily vandalizing it as if the memories made here all of a sudden didn't matter. But for me (and I like to think for many others as well), PC will still hold an important place in our minds. Many of us have made gotten through tough real life circumstances, met friends or significant others, or even just spent time here to de-stress after a long day. I've met best friends here I don't plan to ever break off contact with. The issue with Steve will not change the importance of that. I'm happy to have gotten the chance to spend time here and meet so many wonderful people. Thank you everyone for giving me the chance to experience this place and fostering it into something I'll remember for many many many years.

you are right Janna, it was wrong to immediately become destructive. but for many of us, this was a reminder that evil exists even in places we have trusted for years. the immediate reaction to that will never be to behave civilly for some of us. many of us have seen this time and time again in real life, to see it on somewhere like pc is just another shitty reminder that evil can lurk in the people we have made ourselves vulnerable to. it's not as if none of it matters, none of the memories made over the past 12 years for me (or anyone) matter. they matter so much, the only response that seemed appropriate was to lash out in anger. please don't take it personally, what was said earlier.

Nidoking

I met a lot of fun people, and I appreciate the good memories I have of this forum, even if the only things I really did were post in Pokemon Trivia and get into embarassing arguments with people while drunk

(Shudders)

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'd like to second this. Even though I haven't been around in a couple years, this place did have a significant impact on my life and it'd be a sin to just walk away like nothing happened. Thank you for being a great community, and here's to a new chapter.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I met a lot of fun people, and I appreciate the good memories I have of this forum, even if the only things I really did were post in Pokemon Trivia and get into embarassing arguments with people while drunk

(Shudders)

to be fair thats basically what i did for the entirety of 2017

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I... yes, same. PC was my home for many years, and even though since I left staff I've barely been active, and that was years ago now, it still holds a special place in my heart. It does so even despite the news about Steve. He was not PC, only a piece of it, even though he took part in building and keeping it up. PC is what many of us have built up and put our time and effort and words into for years, and it's not suddenly a terrible place just because of the Steve issue. It's a shame, and I know myself and others feel gross about being associated with such a place now, but PC will always be important to me. The people that I know will always be important to me. Any new forum that may come out of this if anyone does such at thing will also be important, and I'd take part. PC was a nice home and place to wind down for many of us. So thanks for the years, PC. It's sad to see it go down in such a way.

I feel disappointed in myself for giving money to such a person, too. Though, if the forum itself got any of it, I guess it's not a regret. Just a shame, because I talked with Steve quite a few times about all the donating I did on a few accounts. > <

Edit: Aaaah, I just read the actual pastebin rather than going from word of mouth. Still sad that this will hurt the site, but I'll have to think more on my POV..

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Even if it was just for a year, PC immediately breezed into my heart for being such an awesome community where I could spend my free time when I wasn't at school or, now, when I'm not at work, it became my internet home in no time. I spent some amazing moments that I will never forget here, moments that I will take with me into my grave.

I met some fantastic people that really made my life a lot better and more enjoyable and I even found my other half here, a relationship which is going well and that I think that will take both of us very far in the future.
I will also never forget the way my birthday was celebrated, probably one of the best if not the best "happy birthday" wishes I've ever had in my 19 years of existence on this planet called Earth. An amazing memory with a bitter aftertaste since I got this Crystal Tier gifted to me by some users who decided to donate for me for my birthday, and I now know what unfolded in the last 24 hours. I feel sorry that their money had to be involved in these shenanigans.

It's sad to see it go and I'm tearing up as I'm typing this, but it has to... it all happened very quickly and that was a bit too much handle for me.

Welp, that is really all I have to say. Thank you PC for these amazing memories and most importantly, thank you people. I love you all and I'm really glad I had a chance to meet all of you, I hope to see you around.

Years
It is sad that PPN got exposed as dirty and corrupted, and that this site has to go down with him.

I had a lot of trouble when I started, and I had more bumpy rides since then to get to where I am. I had met so many people on this site, and they will always leave the biggest impact on me when it comes to a Pokemon forum. There were some big milestones with me postcount-wise, and getting donator status in 2012 for a birthday present.

And so, with PC's demise, Serebii is now the only home of Pokemon forums I have left, even if it is one where I don't have as strong of a bond with the members. And of course, if you guys on PC still want to reach me on other sites, I still have a Tumblr account if that's your kind of stuff, and of course on Serebii (Username: oshyhikari) where I'll likely spend the rest of my life.

Sadly, I never got to properly celebrate a 7th PCversary or reach a milestone 50,000 posts, but thanks for seven years of dealing with me and my crap. Maybe a new forum shall rise from the ashes, much like how I used to hang out on Ever Grande City/Slateport City (R.I.P.) where many familiar faces were.

R.I.P. PokeCommunity (2002-2018)

Last edited:
Back