Scripts, Tutorials & Tools This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old January 1st, 2018 (8:23 AM).

is it possible for evolution be affected by Birthsign and can switches be activated via birthsigns?
    Old January 1st, 2018 (12:38 PM).
    Composer, Spriter, Fakemon Artist

Nature: Quiet
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
      is it possible for evolution be affected by Birthsign and can switches be activated via birthsigns?
      Would be an amazing feature.

Always looking for fangames projects. I'm everywhere.
      Old January 1st, 2018 (2:48 PM).

would also b interesting to know if using something like gts and trade a pkm will its birthsign be traded if so if the game it was transfered from was using set 1 and the game transfered 2 used set 2 which set will the traded pokemon have?
        Old January 1st, 2018 (3:22 PM).

Quote:
          I see no reason why you couldn't set up evolution methods linked to the species having a particular sign. It should probably work if set up correctly. I'm less sure about switches (if you mean like control switches).

Quote:
          would also b interesting to know if using something like gts and trade a pkm will its birthsign be traded if so if the game it was transfered from was using set 1 and the game transfered 2 used set 2 which set will the traded pokemon have?
          If the game being traded to has the same version of the birthsign mechanic installed, sure. I don't see why not. Although I have no experience with trading with Essentials. But theoretically, sure.

As far as different Birthsign Sets, I'm getting rid of that in the next update anyway. Any sign will be able to be assigned, regardless of what your 12 month zodiac looks like. I'll go into more detail about how that works once I'm finished.
          Old January 1st, 2018 (3:38 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2018 by p.claydon.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lucidious89 View Post
            I see no reason why you couldn't set up evolution methods linked to the species having a particular sign. It should probably work if set up correctly. I'm less sure about switches (if you mean like control switches).
            yh i mean like control switches wanted to be able to have a switch activates if a certain species is shown to it but also has to contain a specific sign aswell

Quote:
            If the game being traded to has the same version of the birthsign mechanic installed, sure. I don't see why not. Although I have no experience with trading with Essentials. But theoretically, sure.

As far as different Birthsign Sets, I'm getting rid of that in the next update anyway. Any sign will be able to be assigned, regardless of what your 12 month zodiac looks like. I'll go into more detail about how that works once I'm finished.
            that sounds really cool

EDIT

ok so i have made an evolution method that is dependant on the birthsign in this case march

when PBEvolution::Custom1
            return poke if pokemon.hasMarBirthsign? && pokemon.level>=level

and in the pokemon.txt pbs file
            Evolutions=RAICHU,Custom1,21

so in this case pikachu will evolve at level 21 if it has the march sign

EDIT

Ive made a small script addon for birthsigns it checks for a defined pokemon with a defined birthsign just script call

Code:
            pbPokeSignCheck(a,b,c,d)
            were
            a is the species number,
            b is the birthsign id
            c is the variable or switch assigned to the call
            d is option and is the mode 1 = variable, 2 = switch and 3 = both (default is 3)

eg pbPokeSignCheck(25,9,53) will look for a pikachu with the september birthsign and will will return variable 53 with 1 and switch 53 to on

Spoiler:

Code:
            POKEMON_SPECIES_CHECK_VARIABLE = 51
            POKEMON_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE = 52
            SPECIES_AND_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE = 50
            def pbPokeSignCheck(a,b,c,d=3)
            	x=0
            	$game_variables[c]=0
            	for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
            		$game_variables[SPECIES_AND_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE]=i
            		pkmn=pbGetPokemon(SPECIES_AND_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE)
            		pbSet(POKEMON_SPECIES_CHECK_VARIABLE,pkmn.species)
            		pbSet(POKEMON_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE,pkmn.birthsign)
            		if a==$game_variables[POKEMON_SPECIES_CHECK_VARIABLE]
            			then
            				if b==$game_variables[POKEMON_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE]
            					then
            						x=1
            				end
            		end
                end
                if x>=1
            		then
            			case d
            				when 1
            					$game_variables[c]=x
            				when 2
            					$game_switches[c]=true
            				when 3
            					$game_variables[c]=x
            					$game_switches[c]=true
            			end
                end
            end
            Old January 3rd, 2018 (3:03 PM).

Quote:
              yh i mean like control switches wanted to be able to have a switch activates if a certain species is shown to it but also has to contain a specific sign aswell

that sounds really cool

EDIT

ok so i have made an evolution method that is dependant on the birthsign in this case march

when PBEvolution::Custom1
              return poke if pokemon.hasMarBirthsign? && pokemon.level>=level

and in the pokemon.txt pbs file
              Evolutions=RAICHU,Custom1,21

so in this case pikachu will evolve at level 21 if it has the march sign

EDIT

Ive made a small script addon for birthsigns it checks for a defined pokemon with a defined birthsign just script call

Code:
              pbPokeSignCheck(a,b,c,d)
              were
              a is the species number,
              b is the birthsign id
              c is the variable or switch assigned to the call
              d is option and is the mode 1 = variable, 2 = switch and 3 = both (default is 3)

eg pbPokeSignCheck(25,9,53) will look for a pikachu with the september birthsign and will will return variable 53 with 1 and switch 53 to on

Spoiler:

Code:
              POKEMON_SPECIES_CHECK_VARIABLE = 51
              POKEMON_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE = 52
              SPECIES_AND_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE = 50
              def pbPokeSignCheck(a,b,c,d=3)
              	x=0
              	$game_variables[c]=0
              	for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
              		$game_variables[SPECIES_AND_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE]=i
              		pkmn=pbGetPokemon(SPECIES_AND_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE)
              		pbSet(POKEMON_SPECIES_CHECK_VARIABLE,pkmn.species)
              		pbSet(POKEMON_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE,pkmn.birthsign)
              		if a==$game_variables[POKEMON_SPECIES_CHECK_VARIABLE]
              			then
              				if b==$game_variables[POKEMON_SIGN_CHECK_VARIABLE]
              					then
              						x=1
              				end
              		end
                  end
                  if x>=1
              		then
              			case d
              				when 1
              					$game_variables[c]=x
              				when 2
              					$game_switches[c]=true
              				when 3
              					$game_variables[c]=x
              					$game_switches[c]=true
              			end
                  end
              end
              Huh. Well this seems interesting. May I ask what sort of ways you have in mind for using this bit if code?
              Old January 3rd, 2018 (3:23 PM).

well its all dependant on wether or not i can get an evo method to work but essentially i wanted a way to make the player visit a sacred area with certain pokemon containing certain birthsigns once complete it'll either allow a certain pokemon to evolve or release an evo item for said pokemons evolution depends what i can work out
                Old January 7th, 2018 (10:05 AM). Edited January 24th, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Major Update 1/7/18: New Signs & Custom Zodiac
                  With the way this project was designed previously, it was only really possible for me to add new birthsigns in sets of 12. That's why I stopped making new ones after 24, because adding any more would mean I'd need to add a full set of 12 to create a new zodiac, which is a lot. However, I've gone back and completely changed how this project handles zodiacs. This change not only makes it easier for me to add new signs in any amounts that I want, but it also gives you more options in how to set up your zodiacs. So to kick off this update, I've added 6 brand new birthsigns, bringing the total to 30. Here are the new signs:

New Birthsigns:
                  Spoiler:
                  • 'The Bard'

Constellation: Kricketune
                    Type: Field Skill
                    Effect: The user can use the 'Harmonize' skill from the party menu, which lets it sing a tune to lure wild Pokemon in the area (Sweet Scent effect).

Zodiac Power: The user emits a tune in battle that lowers the Attack, Sp.Atk, or Speed of all opponents by 1 stage. The particular stat that is lowered depends on which of the three stats are highest on the user. Pokemon with Soundproof are unaffected.

• 'The Empath'

Constellation: Mesprit
                    Type: Party Skill
                    Effect: The user can use the 'Bond' skill from the party menu, allowing it to select another party member to copy their nature.

Zodiac Power: All Pokemon on the field are forced to share their pain, and split damage among themselves evenly (Pain Split effect).

• 'The Mirror'

Constellation: Bronzor
                    Type: Battle Lead
                    Effect: When leading the party, the user may encounter wild Pokemon that share similar IV's to the user.

Zodiac Power: The user copies the typing of its ally in battle (Reflect Type effect). If there is no ally to target, it will copy the nearest opponent's typing instead.

• 'The Tactician'

Constellation: Bisharp
                    Type: Self Skill
                    Effect: The user can use the 'Gambit' skill to reallocate its EV points in a different arrangement. The Pokemon must already have 510 EV's to activate this skill.

Zodiac Power: Negates any of the opponent's stat boosts, and also negates any of the user's or its partner's stat drops.

• 'The Fool'

Constellation: Spinda
                    Type: Party Skill
                    Effect: The user can use the 'Lunacy' skill to reduce its own level by 3 in order to randomly raise the level of a selected party member by 1-5 levels. The user must be at least level 5 to activate this effect. Doesn't work on targets that are higher level than the user.

Zodiac Power: One of the user's stats is randomly reduced by 3 stages in order to randomly boost a partner's stat by 3 stages.

• 'The Alchemist'

Constellation: Shuckle
                    Type: Self Skill
                    Effect: The user can use the 'Transmute' skill to morph its held item into a different one. Stardust is used as a catalyst in the transmutation process, and 1 will be consumed from your inventory with each use. This skill cannot be used if you don't have any Stardust in your inventory. The type of item you get through transmutation depends on the initial item being held. If the user is holding a Pink Apricorn, for example, then transmuting it will create a Love Ball. If the user is holding a Berry, then transmuting it will sometimes get you Berry Juice, Miracle Seeds, or even Leftovers. Transmuting Destiny Knot may create cloth items (scarves, bands, etc), while transmuting Gems might yield various evolution stones. Almost every item will yield something that makes sense when transmuted.

Zodiac Power: The user morphs an opponent's held item into a potentially harmful or useless one. For example, a held Life Orb may be instead morphed into a Toxic Orb.

Now, you may have noticed that none of these new signs are tied to a specific month. That's because of the next addition: Custom Zodiacs. Yes, you can now properly build your own 12 month set out of the 30 possible signs. You're no longer forced to use a particular set in the order that I create. You can freely mix and match how you wish. Here's how that's done:

Set Customization:
                  Spoiler:
                  1) Toggle
                  Previously, the way you would select which birthsign set you wanted to use would be by setting the toggle BIRTHSIGNS_SET_2 to true or false. Well, that has been removed. Instead, there is a new toggle called ZODIACSET near the top of the script. And unlike the old toggle, this one doesn't use a true/false system, but instead a number-based one. Here's what it looks like:

As shown here, this is how the toggle looks within the script. By setting the ZODIACSET to a certain number, you can toggle between various sets.

0 = Null Set
                  Without a zodiac active, most features of the script are deactivated, such as inheriting signs through breeding or in the wild, and accessing the journal. However, you may still give Pokemon signs through scripts, or the debug tool. They just won't inherit any naturally.

1 = Birthsign Set 1
                  Same as before, this utilizes the original 12 birthsigns to make a zodiac out of.

2 = Birthsign Set 2
                  Same as before, this utilizes the second set of signs 13-24 to make a zodiac out of.

3 = Random Zodiac
                  This creates a semi-randomized zodiac out of all 30 available signs. This zodiac will be re-randomized and different each time you load up the game.

4 = Customizable Set
                  This is the number you want to set the ZODIACSET toggle to if you're interested in customizing your own zodiac set. Once you've set it to 4, you can move on to actually building the set.

2) Building a Set
                  Further down in the script, you'll find a section that looks like this:

This is where you build a set. How it's done is really quite simple. For each month's BIRTHSIGN, set it to a number that corresponds with a sign that you want. So if you want, lets say, 'The Alchemist' to be January's sign, then set JAN_BIRTHSIGN = 30. Refer to the chart I provided in the script for the appropriate sign numbers.

Other Changes
                  While the new signs and customization are the primary changes with this update, a slew of other things are implemented as well. Here's what's new:

Spoiler:
                  • Wild Birthsigns Toggle
                    Similarly to how the Set toggle has been changed to a number-based system, so has the toggle for wild birthsigns. Now you can customize wild encounters even further, as seen here:

• Consolidating my other scripts
                    While Pokemon Birthsigns is by far my most ambitious Essentials project, I do have a few other, smaller things that I've posted on here before. I've decided to wrap them all into this script, so that everything is together as a single project. This includes my IV Star Ratings, Summary Egg Groups, and HGSS Shiny Leaf Functionality. All three have now been fully integrated into Pokemon Birthsigns. However, if you aren't interested in these extra scripts, don't worry. Ive added toggles at the top of the script to turn them on/off if you aren't interested in using them. All three are turned off by default.

• Z-Move Compatibility
                    Thanks to p.claydon for putting my attention to this. This update now makes this project compatible with the Z-Move Add On script, allowing you to use both Z-Moves and Zodiac Powers together. This is also done through a toggle found at the top of the script, which looks like this:

ONLY set this to true if you're using Pokemon Birthsigns in a project utilizing Z-Moves. Otherwise leave if set to false, as it is by default.

• More Debug Options
                    The Debug tool has been expanded slightly to provide more options.

Set Zodiac Sign
                    This allows you to select and assign any birthsign out of your current Zodiac Set.

Set Random Zodiac
                    This applies a random birthsign out of your 12 month zodiac.

Set Any Birthsign
                    This allows you to select and assign any birthsign out of all 30 possible signs.

Set Random Sign
                    This applies a random birthsign out of all 30 possible signs.

• Shiny Leaf Debug functionality
                    With my Shiny Leaf scripts now implemented into this project, there are also debug features to go along with this change. You may add/remove shiny leaves on a Pokemon. This can be found under "Cosmetic options..." in the Debug menu. This option will only be displayed if SHOW_SHINY_LEAF is set to "true".

Give Leaf
                    Adds 1 shiny leaf to the Pokemon's total.

Take Leaf
                    Removes 1 shiny leaf to the Pokemon's total.

Set Leafs
                    Adds a specified number of leafs to a Pokemon's total.

Add Crown
                    Instantly gives the Pokemon 6 shiny leafs (which creates a leaf crown).

Changes to Sign Effects
                  Certain signs have been slightly updated in this update.

Spoiler:
                  • 'The Aristocrat'
                    Effect: The user gains 20% more prize money from trainer battles.

Change: The user now has a 50% chance to pickup spare change after wild battles, too. The amount depends on the user's level.

• 'The Specialist'
                    Effect: The user can use the 'Re-roll' skill to change its IV's for a new Hidden Power.

Change: When using the 'Re-roll' skill, the IV quality improves based on the user's level. At level 50 and up, randomized IV's will be in the 25-26 range. At level 100, randomized IV's will be in the 30-31 range. Below level 50, IV's are completely randomized when used.

• 'The Eternal'
                    Effect: The user may Reincarnate to reset many attributes, along with changing its birthsign to the current month's sign.

Change: If the Reincarnate skill is used when ZODIACSET is set to 0, the Pokemon will instead inherit a completely random birthsign (out of all 30), since there is no zodiac to pull the current month's sign from.

Changes to Zodiac Powers
                  Many effects to various Zodiac Powers have been changed in this update. Previously, there were a few signs from Set 1 and 2 that shared identical effects. Since you can now create customized sets to include any birthsign, I've gone back and given each sign a unique effect to avoid having any overlapping effects in the same zodiac.

Spoiler:
                  • 'The Companion'
                    Previously: The user protects its ally from harm by redirecting all attacks to itself (Follow Me effect). This effect was shared with 'The Parent'.

Change: This Zodiac Power will now instead boost an ally's strength in battle (Helping Hand effect).

• 'The Savage'
                    Previously: The user reduced its own HP down to 1 in order to boost Attack, Sp.Atk, and Speed by 2 stages.

Change: The user will now reduce its own HP by half. If the user has less than half its HP left, THEN it'll reduce its HP to 1. Stat boosts are now +1 instead of +2.

• 'The Prodigy'
                    Previously: Copies the Ability of a viable opponent.

Change: In a double battle, this effect will now only target the Pokemon directly across from the user (if there are two targets), instead of the first viable one.

• 'The Maiden'
                    Previously: Boosts the user's Sp.Atk & Sp.Def. Infatuates opposite gendered targets.

Change: If the targets cannot be infatuated, (same gender, genderless, Oblivious, etc), then they will instead become confused.

• 'The Voyager'
                    Previously: The user switches out immediately after moving (U-Turn effect). This effect was shared by 'The Fugitive'.

Change: The user will now instead apply this effect to its partner in a double battle, leading its partner to safety by leading them away from the battlefield at the end of the turn.

• 'The Thief'
                    Previously: Steals an item from a viable opponent. A successful theft boosts the user's Speed by 1 stage.

Change: In a double battle, this effect will now only target the Pokemon directly across from the user (if there are two targets), instead of the first viable one.

• 'The Glutton'
                    Previously: The user heals up to 50% of its total HP, but its Speed is reduced by 1 stage.

Change: This effect will now also increase the user's weight by 100kg after use.

• 'The Scholar'
                    Previously: The user copied the stat changes of its ally or opponent (Psych Up effect). This effect is shared by 'The Apprentice'.

Change: This will now instead allow the user to reverse-engineer beneficial effects opponents apply to themselves, and instead use them for itself (Snatch effect).

• 'The Monk'
                    Previously: The user meditated to boost the power of its own move by 50% (Helping Hand effect).

Change: This will now instead shield the user in an aura that bounces back harmful effects at the opponent (Magic Coat effect).

• 'The Assassin'
                    Previously: Deals damage to all opponents equal to 1/8th of the their max HP. Deals double damage on sleeping foes.

Change: Sleeping targets will now also be inflicted with the Nightmare effect.

• 'The Eternal'
                    Previously: Randomly utilizes the effects of any one of these signs' Zodiac Powers - 'The Phoenix', 'The Aristocrat', 'The Cleric', 'The Monk', 'The Ancestor', 'The Specialist', or 'The Assassin'.

Change: The Zodiac Power effects of the following signs may now also be randomly used: 'The Beacon', 'The Maiden', 'The Gladiator', 'The Thief', 'The Glutton', 'The Bard', 'The Tactician', 'The Alchemist'. This brings the total number of possible Zodiac Powers this can pull from to 15.

Installation
                  This is a substantial update, and requires a full re-installation of all the projects scripts.
                  Here's what you'll need:
                  Spoiler:
                  Graphics
                  Birthsign Graphics Folder (New graphics)
                  Zodiac Gem Graphics (New graphics)

PBS File Additions
                  Spoiler:
                  In Items, add all of the following. If you already have these added, paste over them with these, anyway (make sure to adjust the item ID numbers accordingly).
                  Spoiler:
                  Code:
                  526,JANZODICA,Janzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in January's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  527,FEBZODICA,Febzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in February's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  528,MARZODICA,Marzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in March's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  529,APRIZODICA,Aprizodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed April's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  530,MAYZODICA,Mayzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in May's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  531,JUNZODICA,Junzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in June's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  532,JULZODICA,Julzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in July's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  533,AUGZODICA,Augzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in August's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  534,SEPZODICA,Sepzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in September's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  535,OCTZODICA,Octzodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in October's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  536,NOVIZODICA,Novizodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in November's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,
                  537,DECIZODICA,Decizodica,,1,200,"A gem bathed in December's starlight. A Pokémon with a matching birthsign may use its Zodiac Power.",0,0,15,

If you're using the Z-Move Add On scripts, you should also replace your Z-Crystal items in your PBS file with these (there seems to be a sorting oversight in how the originals were written). Make sure to adjust item ID numbers accordingly.
                  Spoiler:
                  Code:
                  526,BUGINIUMZ,Buginium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Bug-type moves to Bug-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  527,BUGINIUMZ2,Buginium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Bug-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  528,DARKINIUMZ,Darkinium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Dark-type moves to Dark-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  529,DARKINIUMZ2,Darkinium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Dark-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  530,DRAGONIUMZ,Dragonium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Dragon-type moves to Dragon-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  531,DRAGONIUMZ2,Dragonium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Dragon-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  532,ELECTRIUMZ,Electrium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Electric-type moves to Electric-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  533,ELECTRIUMZ2,Electrium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Electric-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  534,FAIRIUMZ,Fairium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Fairy-type moves to Fairy-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  535,FAIRIUMZ2,Fairium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Fairy-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  536,FIGHTINIUMZ,Fightinium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Fighting-type moves to Fighting-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  537,FIGHTINIUMZ2,Fightinium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Fighting-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  538,FIRIUMZ,Firium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Fire-type moves to Fire-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  539,FIRIUMZ2,Firium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Fire-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  540,FLYINIUMZ,Flyinium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Flying-type moves to Flying-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  541,FLYINIUMZ2,Flyinium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Flying-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  542,GHOSTIUMZ,Ghostium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Ghost-type moves to Ghost-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  543,GHOSTIUMZ2,Ghostium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Ghost-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  544,GRASSIUMZ,Grassium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Grass-type moves to Grass-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  545,GRASSIUMZ2,Grassium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Grass-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  546,GROUNDIUMZ,Groundium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Ground-type moves to Ground-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  547,GROUNDIUMZ2,Groundium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Ground-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  548,ICIUMZ,Icium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Ice-type moves to Ice-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  549,ICIUMZ2,Icium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Ice-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  550,NORMALIUMZ,Normalium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Normal-type moves to Normal-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  551,NORMALIUMZ2,Normalium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Normal-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  552,POISONIUMZ,Poisonium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Poison-type moves to Poison-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  553,POISONIUMZ2,Poisonium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Poison-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  554,PSYCHIUMZ,Psychium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Psychic-type moves to Psychic-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  555,PSYCHIUMZ2,Psychium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Psychic-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  556,ROCKIUMZ,Rockium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Rock-type moves to Rock-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  557,ROCKIUMZ2,Rockium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Rock-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  558,STEELIUMZ,Steelium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Steel-type moves to Steel-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  559,STEELIUMZ2,Steelium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Steel-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  560,WATERIUMZ,Waterium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Water-type moves to Water-type Z-Moves.",5,0,14
                  561,WATERIUMZ2,Waterium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Water-type moves to Z-Moves.",0,0,13
                  562,ALORAICHIUMZ,Aloraichium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Alternate Raichu's Thunderbolt to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  563,ALORAICHIUMZ2,Aloraichium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Alternate Raichu's Thunderbolt to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  564,DECIDIUMZ,Decidium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Decidueye's Spirit Shackle to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  565,DECIDIUMZ2,Decidium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Decidueye's Spirit Shackle to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  566,INCINIUMZ,Incinium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Incineroar's Darkest Lariat to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  567,INCINIUMZ2,Incinium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Incineroar's Darkest Lariat to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  568,PRIMARIUMZ,Primarium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Primarina's Sparkling Aria to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  569,PRIMARIUMZ2,Primarium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Primarina's Sparkling Aria to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  570,EEVIUMZ,Eevium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Eevee's Last Resort to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  571,EEVIUMZ2,Eevium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Eevee's Last Resort to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  572,PIKANIUMZ,Pikanium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Pikachu's Volt Tackle to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  573,PIKANIUMZ2,Pikanium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Pikachu's Volt Tackle to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  574,SNORLIUMZ,Snorlium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Snorlax's Giga Impact to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  575,SNORLIUMZ2,Snorlium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Snorlax's Giga Impact to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  576,MEWNIUMZ,Mewnium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Mew's Psychic to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  577,MEWNIUMZ2,Mewnium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Mew's Psychic to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  578,TAPUNIUMZ,Tapunium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade the tapus' Nature's Madness to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  579,TAPUNIUMZ2,Tapunium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades the tapus' Nature's Madness to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  580,MARSHADIUMZ,Marshadium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrade Marshadow's Spectral Thief to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  581,MARSHADIUMZ2,Marshadium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades Marshadow's Spectral Thief to a Z-Move.",0,0,13
                  582,PIKASHUNIUMZ,Pikashunium-Z,,8,0,"It converts Z-Power into crystals that upgrades a Thunderbolt by Pikachu in a cap to an exclusive Z-Move.",5,0,14
                  583,PIKASHUNIUMZ2,Pikashunium-Z,,1,0,"This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades a Thunderbolt by Pikachu in a cap to a Z-Move.",0,0,13

Scripts
                  Pokemon Birthsigns
                  Birthsign Journal
                  Birthsign Events
                  Zodiac Powers

Additional Scripts
                  EliteBattleSystem Compatibility
                  Debug_Pokemon

The main post has now been updated to reflect these changes.
                  ~
                  Old January 8th, 2018 (11:40 AM).

this appears to work great thank you

soo i know that this is compatable with zmoves so thank you for that will your EBS compatibility work with this aswell?
                    Old January 8th, 2018 (11:47 AM).

Quote:
                      this appears to work great thank you

soo i know that this is compatable with zmoves so thank you for that will your EBS compatibility work with this aswell?
                      Yep. Although you'll have to create your own graphics for the Z-Move toggle to work with it (just use my Zodiac toggles as a model).
                      Old January 8th, 2018 (12:04 PM).

sweet thanks
                        Old January 9th, 2018 (5:04 PM).

for those who are using the zmove compatibility and ebs here are the toggle icons i quickly made for them

ZMove.png goes into graphics/pictures/EBS
                          ZMove NG.png needs to be renamed to ZMove.png and it goes into graphics/pictures/EBS/nextGen
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png ZMove NG.png‎ (4.1 KB, 178 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          File Type: png ZMove.png‎ (3.3 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Old January 9th, 2018 (5:26 PM).

Quote:
                            for those who are using the zmove compatibility and ebs here are the toggle icons i quickly made for them

ZMove.png goes into graphics/pictures/EBS
                            ZMove NG.png needs to be renamed to ZMove.png and it goes into graphics/pictures/EBS/nextGen
                            Good stuff, im gonna use these myself.
                            Old January 10th, 2018 (10:33 AM).

no problem after all youve done to get this cool script working correctly its the least i could do
                              Old January 18th, 2018 (9:13 AM). Edited January 18th, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Minor Update 1/18/18: Legendary Breeding Compatibility
                                This is a small update mostly to maintain compatibility across a few of my scripts. The only things that are affected are the core Birthsigns script and the typesEgg graphic located in the Birthsigns/Other graphics folder. I've also added a new optional script in the main post.
                                • Fixed some of the item lists for transmutation with 'The Alchemist'.

• Added a few Gen 6 & 7 items to the transmutation list that I missed.

• Rolled in my new Legendary Breeding script into this project, so that hatched legendary species can enjoy all the benefits of Pokemon Birthsigns.

• Added a new script to the main post under the Optional section. This is a replacement for the PBEggGroups script, to add the new Egg Groups required for Legendary Breeding.

• Updated the typeEgg graphic in the Birthsigns Folder so that the appropriate egg groups will be displayed on legendary species when the SHOW_EGG_GROUPS toggle is set to "true".

• Some slight updates to the Egg Group display code in the summary to allow for compatibility with everything.

EDIT: Removed the LEGENDARY_BREED toggle I added with this update. It just added an unnecessary extra step.
                                Old January 21st, 2018 (5:45 AM).

so with this newest update do we still need to install the legendary breed system seperate or is it now all integrated?
                                  Old January 21st, 2018 (6:10 AM). Edited January 21st, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Quote:
                                    so with this newest update do we still need to install the legendary breed system seperate or is it now all integrated?
                                    If you installed the new version, then all the actual breeding mechanics are in place. However, nothing will actually take effect until you add the new egg groups to your PBEggGroups script, and make the appropriate changes to your PBS files. Both of which can be found in the instructions of that thread.

I've also put the updated PBEggGroups script and added a link to it under the "optional" section of the main post in this thread.
                                    Old January 21st, 2018 (7:45 AM).

ok thats what i thought just wanted to make sure before messing around changing things if there not needed
                                      Old February 2nd, 2018 (12:11 PM).

quick question what does the trainers birthsign do or can we do anything with it
                                        Old February 2nd, 2018 (1:40 PM).

Quote:
                                          quick question what does the trainers birthsign do or can we do anything with it
                                          It doesn't do anything, it's just cosmetic. I may or may not do something with it at some future point, but I don't have any plans for it right now.
                                          Old February 3rd, 2018 (1:34 AM).

ah shame would have been cool if we could use it similar to how we use pokemon birthsigns aswell
                                            Old March 5th, 2018 (9:10 PM).

I recently tried installing FL's Family Tree script with Birthsigns following your instructions from before, but they no longer seem to work and cause my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong, or are they no longer compatible?
                                              Old March 7th, 2018 (12:26 AM).
                                              Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Atlas22b View Post
                                                I recently tried installing FL's Family Tree script with Birthsigns following your instructions from before, but they no longer seem to work and cause my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong, or are they no longer compatible?
                                                That's super outdated from earlier versions of both our scripts. You don't need to do anything special to get the scripts to work together. Just install my script first, and then install his afterwards. Follow his instructions as he's written, except whenever he instructs you to change or add a line, change/add that line within the Birthsigns script instead of in the sections he listed. From what I see, almost everything he asks you to change in his instructions is found within the Birthsigns script.
                                                Old March 7th, 2018 (6:31 AM).

Quote:
                                                  That's super outdated from earlier versions of both our scripts. You don't need to do anything special to get the scripts to work together. Just install my script first, and then install his afterwards. Follow his instructions as he's written, except whenever he instructs you to change or add a line, change/add that line within the Birthsigns script instead of in the sections he listed. From what I see, almost everything he asks you to change in his instructions is found within the Birthsigns script.
                                                  Thanks so much! I finally got them to work together! XD Now for that Following Pokemon script...
                                                  Old March 9th, 2018 (8:14 PM). Edited March 9th, 2018 by Atlas22b.

How do I make it so that all Pokemon have birthsigns, specifically gift and trade Pokemon? When I receive my starters, they don't have any birthsigns. (I have Wild Birthsigns set to true, btw.)

Thanks! =D

Quick Reply