The Opted Rules
  • Nicknames are mandatory
  • Blackout is a Game Over
  • Games must be in SET
  • First seen, first caught
  • PokeCenter only
  • No Legends
  • No Dupes
  • Seperated areas (Route 4 for example) Which will be specified before starting each game.

I figured I would do a full ultimate so I can write out some strange intricate story about it.

The short summary if you care not for story:
Spoiler:

Trainer name: Blue

Team:
Athena the Charmander

Icarus the Pidgey

Karni Mata the Rattata

Psykhe the Metapod

Kephri the Kakuna

Fulgora the Pikachu

Summary
  • Made male character named Blue
  • Named Rival Pine
  • Received Female Charmander
  • Defeated Pine's Squirtle
  • Athena reached level 7 before picking up parcel learning Ember
  • Received pokeballs from Oak
  • Captured Male Pidgey on Route 1 - named Icarus
  • Leveled Icarus to level 15 on Route 1
  • Leveled Athena to level 10 on Route 1
  • Captured Female Rattata on Route 22 - named Karni Mata
  • Leveled Karni Mata to level 15 on Route 1
  • Defeated Pine with Karni Mata only - No Damage taken
  • Captured Female Caterpie on Route 2 South - named Psykhe
  • Passed through Viridian Forest with only encountering Metapod and Caterpie
  • Captured Male Weedle on Route 2 North - named Kephri
  • Evolved Psykhe to Metapod on Route 1
  • Returned to Viridian Forest to capture Female Pikachu - named Fulgora
  • Evolved Kephri to Kakuna on Route 2 North

The Intro Chapters:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12848279/1/The-Elite-Fear
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12848279/2/The-Elite-Fear
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12848279/3/The-Elite-Fear
Current Challenge:

Current Challenge:
Ultimate Sololocke
Kanto Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
Dexter Challenge..: Done

Volga

The Dragon Knight

Age 30
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted November 12th, 2018
585 posts
5.1 Years
Finally got this updated, but I'm sure I missed some stuff, so let me know if I missed you.
---------------------------------
Username: Volga
Version: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, White 2, Y, Moon
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Optional Rules: Shiny Clause, Dupes, Gym Leader Level Cap.

James and Eevee

Male
Missouri
Seen November 28th, 2018
Posted September 25th, 2018
41 posts
2.6 Years
I've been meaning to play Snakewood for a while now, so this is the perfect way to do it, right? XD

Name: James and Eevee
Game: Pokemon Snakewood(base: Ruby)
Callenge: Single
Optional Rules: Dupes, Nicknames, Black/Whiteout is Game Over
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Games: Fire Red, Storm Silver(0/16), Ruby, Pearl, Volt White 2, X(1/8), and Ultra Moon
Type: Poison

If you want to see other challenges I'm doing, click here.

James and Eevee

Male
Missouri
Seen November 28th, 2018
41 posts
2.6 Years
Update the First
I'm playing Snakewood partially blind, so bare with me if something odd happens XD
Spoiler:
- So, I start the game, and name my male character James.
- I wake up in the RUINS of Twinleaf, explore a bit, and find three Pokeballs
- One is spewing exhaust fumes, another has an air of ill health about it, and the last is spinning slowly on it's axis. So, naturally, me being me, I pick the one spewing exhaust fumes, and inside is a Koffing which I name Exhaust.
- I leave the ruins and see a Professor-looking person being chased. By. A. Zombie. I mean, damn, a zombie? That's so much better than, like, a level 2 Zigzagoon or Poochyena or something like that. XD
- Anyway, I defeat the Zombie and its zombie pokemon, and Professor Birch and I figure out I have a mild case of amnesia. Kind of cliche, right? Also figure out we need to find my BROTHER, who is the champion, and his girlfriend, May.
- Birch also gives me a pokemon egg, which is cool, I guess. And my first pokeballs, which is also cool, and at the same time, actually starts the Nuzlocke.
- My first caught pokemon was a Zigzagoon, which I named Ziggy. I kept it because it has Pickup, which is nice for Rare Candies.
- I caught a female Poochyena which I named N without paying attention to the gender rip.
- I beat some girl called a Deathcaller, and she ran away atfer telling me her name, Alicia. I have a feeling I'll be seeing her again.
- I caught a Taillow named Swallow
- In Petalburg City, the gym was blocked by a mass of blood and bones. Gory af. I also looted a corpse for some Leftovers that I gave to Exhaust.
- The egg hatched...into an egg called a MysteryEgg. WTF? Named it Eggbert. It's almost exactly like a Shedinja, except its a pure Normal-type
- In Petalburg Woods, I came across a 'Floating Legless Corpse' which would probably have torn through my team if not for Eggbert's Wonder Guard, because I was a smidge underleveled. After defeating it, I looted a Stone Badge out of its now unanimated corpse.
- There are some crazy Fakemon in this game, like the Eye-Eye, a deformed version of Jynx.
- I got to Rustboro City, beat Alicia again, and then witnessed another legless corpse and a human talking about a portal that demons were coming out of. Naturally, I followed them, got mistaken for somebody else, and battled a 'Faceleech.' This thing looks crazy and is fast af. It also gets Speed Boost...
- I deafed the Faceleech, and the guy admits his mistake and gives me his name, Gleis. He tells me to come help him exorcise some demons from town. So, I help him, then he leaves.
And that's all for today lol

And the team:
Spoiler:

Exhaust(Koffing) @ Leftovers
Poison Type Lvl. 15 w/ Levitate
BASHFUL Nature
- Smog
- Poison Gas
- Tackle

Eggbert(MysteryEgg) @ Demon Horn(Quick Claw)
Normal Type Lvl. 19 w/ Wonder Guard
Lonely Nature
- Egg Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Leech Life
- Harden

Ziggy(Zigzagoon) @ A random item
Normal Type Lvl. 15 w/ Pickup
CALM Nature
- Headbutt
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Tail Whip

N(Poochyena) @ No item
Dark Type Lvl. 15 w/ Run Away
DOCILE Nature
- Tackle
- Howl
- Bite
- Sand-Attack

Swallow(Taillow) @ Anadrin Talon(Sharp Beak)
Normal/Flying Type Lvl. 15 w/ Guts
ADAMANT Nature
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Peck
- Focus Energy
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Games: Fire Red, Storm Silver(0/16), Ruby, Pearl, Volt White 2, X(1/8), and Ultra Moon

Astinus

Age 32
Male
Seen September 20th, 2018
Posted September 10th, 2018
Put me down for Sun as my Generation 7 game for the Ultimate Challenge, please!

--

It's been...a year since I last posted here? And two years since I last posted an update about my Blue Nuzlocke? Now that I cleared out more games from my backlog, it's time to concentrate on the Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge and get through all these games. Still have to buy X, though!

So we're going back to the very beginning with Blue. As I said, it's been two years since I last played it, so I decided to just start fresh with a better plan in mind. Named myself Hunter, the rival Gary, and my naming theme for the Pokemon is philosophers of religion (it was someone else's choice for me). Additional rules are:
-nickname all Pokemon
-level limit is set to each Gym Leader's highest-level Pokemon
-only five duplicate encounters for each route before I lose the encounter for that area
-game is over when I black out, even if there are Pokemon in the PC
-five healing item limit in battle

Update:
Started off with Charmander (Friedrich), since my trainer ID ends with five. Out on Route 1, I caught a Pidgey (Paquda), and grinded out a few levels for it. Once Paquda was leveled enough, I headed up to Route 2 to see what I could catch there. Found a Caterpie (Cardoso) and now have to level it up next.

Team:
Spoiler:

Friedrich: Lv. 8
-Scratch
-Growl

Paquda: Lv. 7
-Gust
-Sand-Attack

Cardoso: Lv. 4
-Tackle
-String Shot
"Now the trumpet summons us again--
not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need--
not as a call to battle, though embattled we are--
but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."

James and Eevee

Male
Missouri
Seen November 28th, 2018
41 posts
2.6 Years
Aaaaand the game broke. So I cannot continue the Nuzlocke. I’ll probably start another one eventually, but for now, that’s all I wanted to say. rip me
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype

Astinus

Age 32
Male
It's time for the weekly...

Blue update:
Continued level grinding Cardoso to level 8, and decided that it was strong enough to head back up to the Viridian Forest to train there. Also, a new encounter! After four duplicate Caterpie encounters, I ran into a Pikachu (Tzaddik). Which meant that there was more level grinding, but that's always fun to do when a video is playing in the background.

With Tzaddik at level 9, headed up to fight the rival on Route 22. Tzaddik and Friedrich took care of both Pidgey and Squirtle with ease. That fight out of the way, headed back to Viridian Forest to clean out the trainers and make it to Pewter City. Then it was time for more training to get ready for Brock!

The entire team got up to level 12, and went into the gym to battle. The battles there were a little difficult, but Cardoso and Friedrich pulled through. Now with the Boulder Badge, Route 3 was next with all those trainers, and wound up at Mt. Moon where a Geodude (Craig) was caught.

More level grinding commenced.

Team:
Spoiler:

Craig: Lv. 13
-Tackle
-Defense Curl

Paquda: Lv. 14
-Gust
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack

Friedrich: Lv. 15
-Scratch
-Growl
-Ember
-Leer

Cardoso: Lv. 13
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Confusion

Tzaddik: Lv. 14
-Thundershock
-Growl
-Thunder Wave
but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."

Astinus

Age 32
Male
Blue update:
Made it through Mt. Moon with very little issue. Really glad that Craig joined the team instead of a Zubat. Cardoso was also a great help against the Nerd at the end of the dungeon, where I selected the Helix Fossil.

On Route 4, ran into five Rattata in a row, so no capture there. The level grind continued to get everyone's levels up enough for the fight against the rival. Nearly everyone got to participate in that battle! The fights on Nugget Bridge weren't that terrible either, with Cardoso, Craig, and Tzaddik taking care of everyone. Once I reached the grass of Route 24, a Bellsprout (Kierkegard) was caught and quickly joined the team.

After rescuing Bill and getting the SS Ticket, it was time to recover the Dig TM. This allowed us to get to Route 5 for additional grinding. Along the way, a Meowth (Aristotle) was captured. The training on Route 5 got Kierkegard and Tzaddik up to a decent enough level that they could handle the Gym, and we left Cerulean with two badges in hand.

It was just a matter of using Craig to handle the trainers on Route 6 so we could make it to Vermillion City.

Team:
Spoiler:

Craig: Lv. 20
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Mega Punch
-Rock Throw

Friedrich: Lv. 19
-Scratch
-Growl
-Ember
-Leer

Tzaddik: Lv. 21
-Thundershock
-Growl
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

Paquda: Lv. 20
-Gust
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack

Kierkegard: Lv. 20
-Vine Whip
-Growth
-Wrap
-Sleep Powder

-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-PoisonPowder
Seen October 7th, 2018
Posted September 9th, 2018
87 posts
3 Years
Name: Disturb Not The Harmony
Version: Red
Single/Ultimate?: Single
Optional Rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokmon.
No healing in battle.
I usually play with Dupes Clause, so Dupes Clause OFF here; if I somehow get Rattatas all the way down, so be it.

Going with Charmander because Blastoise and Venusaur are both capable of soloing Gen 1 with minor difficulty.

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Starter: CHARM the L5 Charmander
Route 22: JOEY I the L2 Rattata
Route 2: JOEY II the L3 Rattata
Viridian Forest: NotTheBees the L5 Weedle

With some ingenious switching, cleared Brock with L14 Charmander without deaths. Life will be very rough if I don't get Oddish before Misty.

Route 3: BIRD the L7 Pidgey
CHARM evolved while fighting.

Mt. Moon: BAT the L6 Zubat

Route 4: accidentally KOed Ekans

BIRD evolved while grinding, and assists in takedown of Cerulean Rival.

Routes 24/25: BeesMyGosh the L7 Weedle and a runaway Abra.
Ground up JOEY I a bit in case of emergency.

Route 9 (? below Cerulean): BIRD II the L15 Pidgey
Route ? (above Vermillion): LEAF the L13 Oddish. Thank heavens - was reeeeally getting terrified of Misty with Charmander starter.

Diglett's Cave: BOBA FETT the L22 Diglett.

Thoughts: Spearow and Diglett SHOULD be good to carry me if anything goes wrong, but it's really shocking how many Rattatas/Pidgeys/etc. you get without Dupes Clause...
Completed Challenges: Zodiac Challenge (Red) | Time Warp Challenge (Blue: Jurassic Jam | Stone Age | Egyptian Era | Medieval Era) | Solo Challenge (Blue: Blastoise | Red: Nidoking | Raticate) | Body Type Challenge: Quadrupedal (Blue) | Anime Style Challenge (Gold) | Randomized Nuzlocke (Blue) | Mono-Pokemon Challenge (Red: Gengar x3) | No Move Left Behind Challenge (Red) | Gender Fairness Challenge (Gold) | Champion Challenge Master (Blue | Gold)

Astinus

Age 32
Male
So after my last update, I reached the part of the game where my team was strong enough to handle nearly everything thrown at them. It was also the part of the game that's really just boring, what with the Rocket Hideout, the Pokemon Tower, and then Silph Co. I stopped updating over here because there wasn't a lot of changes to the team.

Really, the only changes were that Friedrich died and was replaced by Faur the Vulpix; Cardoso was replaced by Epicurus the Vaporeon who was a better fit for the team. Friedrich died in the Pokemon Tower (fitting) because those Gastly are trouble with their Confuse Ray/Hypnosis/Night Shade combos.

After that, though, the rest of the game was pretty easy. We made our way through the rest of the Gym Leaders. Craig and Epicurus were perfect through all the challenges, with Faur as backup against Psychic-types. Tzaddik was around for Water. Kierkegard and Paquda filled in for anyone else, or just to spread the experience around.

Also, since it was my vacation from work this week, I decided to just finish the game. Trained everyone up to level 60, headed to the Elite Four, and used plenty of Critical Hit hax to defeat everyone.

Blue Nuzlocke: Complete!

And now to never play a Generation 1 game again. Fitting that my final playthrough of Blue is on the same cartridge as my first playthrough!

Off to Johto now with Crystal!

Team:
Spoiler:

Craig: Lv. 61
-Earthquake
-Submission
-Strength
-Rock Slide

Faur: Lv. 61
-Flamethrower
-Tail Whip
-Swift
-Confuse Ray

Kierkegard: Lv. 61
-Mega Drain
-Acid
-Cut
-Razor Leaf

Epicurus: Lv. 61
-Body Slam
-Acid Armor
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Paquda: Lv. 61
-Wing Attack
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack
-Fly

Tzaddik: Lv. 62
-Thunderbolt
-Growl
-Thunder Wave
-Mega Punch

Astinus

Age 32
Male
Two weeks later, and it's about time I post about my Crystal Nuzlocke!

Downloaded the game onto my 3DS, and settled back for a nostalgia trip. Despite the second generation being my second set of Pokemon games, they're the games that I remember most fondly. This is also my second time playing through Crystal.

Additional rules are:
-nickname all Pokemon
-level limit is set to each Gym Leader's highest-level Pokemon
-only five duplicate encounters for each route before I lose the encounter for that area
-game is over when I black out, even if there are Pokemon in the PC
-five healing item limit in battle

Naming theme: Metaphysicians

Started the game as a boy named HUNTER Hunter, and Totodile (Thomson) became my starter. The game proceeded nicely, with Thomson defeating Retnuh's Chikorita on the way back to New Bark Town with the Mystery Egg. Once I got the free Pokeballs and Pokedex, it was time to catch Pokemon. Heraclitus the Hoothoot and Frege the Geodude joined the team. Other Pokemon were caught, but they didn't stick around like the first two.

Frege was the biggest help, especially against Falkner. Heraclitus stormed through the Sprout Tower. They also took on Bugsy's Gym together. Even Whitney wasn't a problem with Thomson, now a Croconaw, and Frege taking down Miltank with hardly a problem. Frege got a Critical Hit Magnitude 10 to defeat Miltank!

The team shuffled around after that. Heraclitus died and was replaced with Zubiri the Zubat. The Odd Egg hatched into McCord the Smoochum. And now training begins to catch everybody up to the same level.

Team:
Spoiler:

McCord: lv. 5
-Pound
-Lick
-Dizzy Punch

Thomson: lv. 21
-Scratch
-Leer
-Bite
-Water Gun

Frege: lv 20
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Rock Throw
-Magnitude

Zubiri: lv. 13
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite

Kant: lv. 12
-Sing
-Defense Curl
-Pound
Male
Seen November 15th, 2018
Posted November 15th, 2018
102 posts
3.4 Years

Username: Xander729
Game: Pokemon Outlaw

This is a cool looking rom hack I wanted to try out, and Im hardcore so Im doing a nuzlocke
So far it's hilarious af, all the text makes me laugh, talk to everyone, because they say some crazy muk. Anyways Im through 3 gyms and Ive had 4 (maybe 3) deaths. Mostly to stupid decisions or speeding up way too often. The game itself hasn't been too hard yet, but it is one of the funniest games I've ever played in my life and would recommend to anyone with a good sense of humor(probably a bit more mature though lol).

My Team:

Croconaw - Lvl 26

Raticate - Lvl 26

Pidgeotto - Lvl 24

Ch'Ding (Farfetch'd) - Lvl 23

Butterfree - Lvl 23
Completed Challenges

Fire Monotype - X
Potterlocke - X
Nidoking Solo- Red

Astinus

Age 32
Male
I've been playing every day now, and haven't had much of a chance to update. Until tonight, when I don't have time to play.

Taking a look at my team in the last post I made, I feel even more sad now.

After training for quite some time, the team was ready to take on Morty. I went into the gym, thinking that everything would be okay. Frege had Magnitude, Zubiri and Thomson had Bite. The gym would be easy...except for Morty's Hypnosis/Dream Eater combination. Lost Frege in the battle, but got the badge. Quine (Wooper) joined the team in Frege's place.

Went around to explore new areas with Surf. Along the way, while fighting trainers, McCord took on a Geodude that was just too strong for her, getting hit with a Magnitude. Had to scurry out of there to the Pokemon Center, where I wondered "now what?"

Got Lycan (Eevee) from Bill, and decided to try and raise his happiness to become an Espeon. Zubiri was happy enough to evolve into Crobat. With the newly-evolved Zubiri and Quine, Chuck's gym was defeated, and the game became just about getting Lycan happy enough to evolve.

And, well, level grinding. What else is new in Nuzlockes?

Team
Spoiler:

Thomson: Lv. 29
-Scratch
-Leer
-Bite
-Water Gun

Zubiri: Lv. 30
-Leech Life
-Wing Attack
-Bite
-Confuse Ray

Kant: Lv. 31
-Pound
-Thunderpunch
-Mud-Slap
-Fire Punch

Quine: Lv. 30 @ Quick Claw
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Strength
-Surf

Lycan: Lv. 27
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip
-Sand-Attack
-Growl
Male
Seen November 15th, 2018
Posted November 15th, 2018
102 posts
3.4 Years
Pokemon Outlaw Nuzlocke

The plot has been very good and funny so far. I have 6/8 badges and am nearly completion.... maybe, I honestly don't know since Ive never played the game. RIP Farfecth'd, he died to a n exploding Weezing. The team is pretty solid rn preparing for whatever is next.

The Squad:

Feraligatr Lvl 44

Snorlax Lvl 43

Arcanine Lvl 42

Fearow Lvl 42

Butterfree Lvl 42

Vileplume Lvl 41
Completed Challenges

Fire Monotype - X
Potterlocke - X
Nidoking Solo- Red

Astinus

Age 32
Male
Decided to post an important update for my Crystal Nuzlocke.

After my last post, the game became a juggle of making progress, leveling everyone, and getting Lycan happy. There was much success in all three. Jasmine, Pryce (who I completely just blanked on the name of, and was almost going to go "old man ice dude"), and even Claire were defeated without much complaint. Claire's Kingdra was a little tricky to handle, but Quine powered through in the end.

Through all this victory, Lycan evolved into the glorious Espeon. I also decided to finally add a sixth member to my team, and Maddy (Machop) joined everyone. There was much level grinding to get him equal to the others.

Went through Victory Road with no issues. Even defeated Retnuh with no trouble. Then, after getting everyone to level 45--and thinking that that was all I needed--it was time to take on the Elite Four.

There were some problems against Will, but the main obstacle was Lance. His Dragonite army were beasts. Poor Quine tried. She really did. But she lost her life in the battle. I'm going to miss her dopey face and the way she waved her arms.

Kanto's next. Should be interesting. Especially with what's waiting for me at the end... ... ...

Team:
Spoiler:

Kant: Lv. 46 @Amulet Coin
-Thunderpunch
-Defense Curl
-Fire Punch
-Return

Maddy: Lv. 45
-Cross Chop
-Strength
-Detect
-Karate Chop

Zubiri: Lv. 46 @Sharp Beak
-Swift
-Fly
-Bite
-Confuse Ray

Lycan: Lv. 46 @King's Rock
-Headbutt
-Bite
-Psybeam
-Iron Tail

Thomson: Lv. 46 @Mystic Water
-Slash
-Ice Punch
-Bite
-Surf

Wiggins: Lv. 15 @Exp. Share
-Waterfall
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Extremespeed

Astinus

Age 32
Male
I...uh... Am I the only one left doing Nuzlockes here? Sad.

What's also sad is looking at my team from my last update and remembering Wiggins. Poor thing died to a Koffing using Self-Destruct, right outside Fuchsia City. At least she made it to a Dragonair.

Other than that, Kanto was a breeze. Since the Gym Leaders were all under the levels of the Elite Four, the team just steamrolled every one. There was some trouble against Blue, but we prevailed.

Once we reached Mt. Silver, it was time to grind. And grind we did. For thirteen hours we grinded, getting up to level 70. It had to be enough to defeat Red. It had to be.

Total Deaths: 5

It was.

Red was defeated with little issues. The only loss was Kant, who took a Critical Hit+Rain Dance Surf right in her tubby little body. Zubiri avenged her, and quickly became my favorite of the run.

But that's it! Johto is done. Red is defeated. And I get to say good-bye to the second generation and move on to the land of trumpets.

Team:
Spoiler:

Maddy: Lv. 70 @Amulet Coin
-Earthquake
-Strength
-Detect
-Submission

Thomson: Lv. 70 @Mystic Water
-Slash
-Ice Punch
-Bite
-Surf

Lycan: Lv. 70 @King's Rock
-Headbutt
-Bite
-Psychic
-Morning Sun

Zubiri: Lv. 70 @Sharp Beak
-Swift
-Fly
-Giga Drain
-Confuse Ray

Kant: Lv. 70 @Leftovers
-Thunderpunch
-Defense Curl
-Fire Punch
-Return
*Put here only because she made it all the way with the others.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,993 posts
6.1 Years
I...uh... Am I the only one left doing Nuzlockes here? Sad.
I've been doing various Nuzlocke variants lately, but was thinking about returning to regular Nuzlockes.

Anyway, congrats on completing Johto.

Strike the Blood

Bullet Club for Life. Too Sweet.

Age 23
Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
Quite possibly the worst Emerald Nuzlocke I've had. I think everything that could have gone wrong did. Crits left and right.

https://imgur.com/a/wGioGPt
^Album of the Nuzlocke Challenge^

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Strike The Blood
PC Supporter since February 28th, 2014
“I'd much rather be hated for who I am, than loved for something I'm not.”
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges

Suon

Male
Australia
Seen September 27th, 2018
Posted September 13th, 2018
75 posts
4.4 Years
I recently got White 2 and finally decided to play it. I've never played BW2, so it's gonna be a fully blind Locke.

====================
Username: Suon
Version: White 2
Single or Ultimate: Single
Optional Rules:
- Pokmon must be nicknamed,
- No dupes. If the first 3 Pokes are duplicate encounters, then no catch,
- Starter must be released after catching the first wild Pokmon,
- No researching future events, like Gymleaders, rival battles, et cetera.
====================
“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
“Why, what did she tell you?”
“I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”

Suon

Male
Australia
75 posts
4.4 Years

SUON'S BLIND NUZLOCKE
on Pokmon White 2

Update #1
Spoiler:
I pick Snivy as my starter, based on my Trainer ID (ends with a 2). I'll release it as soon as I catch my first Pokmon. The first battle with rival Hugh is irrelevant, but I do win.
On Route 19 I catch Hana the female Patrat.
I train her immediately to level 7 and continue.
On Route 20 I catch Dyo the male Sewaddle.
A hiker prevents me from going east, so I go northwest.
On Floccesy Ranch I catch Bei the female Lillipup.
Suddenly, Hugh pops up, and challenges me to a battle.

My Pokmon: Dyo (5), Bei (4), Hana (7)
Hugh's Pokmon: Tepig (8)

Dyo would die immediately after one fire attack, so I switch to Bei to do a little damage with Tackle. I get 2 Tackles against me though, and Bei's health gets critically low, so I switch to Hana. Our Tackles are about the same strength, but he has the extra turn advantage. Luckily, very luckily, he suddenly starts spamming Tail Whip, until he faints. No casualties!

It turns out that the Herdier from the owners of the ranch is missing. I find it, together with a pirate, claiming to be a member of Team Plasma. Out of frustration, he throws the TM Frustration at me... All within logic, I guess.

It appears the Gym has opened, with a new Gym Leader, so I go back to challenge him. It turns out to be Cheren, one of the rivals in Black/White, so that's a fun twist.

My Pokmon: Dyo (11), Bei (11), Hana (11)
Cheren's Pokmon: Patrat (11), Lillipup (13)

The trainers in this Gym all had level 9 Pokmon, so I hoped my levels would be good enough.

I start with Dyo, he with Patrat. I only need 2 Bug Bites, while he uses one Work Up, to KO Patrat.
He brings in Lillipup, and I decide to switch to Hana. Lillipup turns out to be at level 13, and it is faster and stronger indeed. It manages to get 2 Work Ups set up, while I spam Tackle. I get it to low yellow, but Cheren heals and starts using Tackle himself, immediately getting Hana's HP into red, while I bring him into low yellow again.
Next turn. If I swap, Dyo or Bei get hurt bad, with missing a turn, and so dying without doing any harm. If I stay, Hana dies. I guess I don't have a choice...

Hana dies in the gymbattle against Cheren to Lillipup's Tackle

I bring Bei. His Lillipup goes first with a Tackle, leaving Bei with only 6HP in the red, but Bei tackles back and manages to KO Lillipup, earning us our first gym badge.

When we exit the Gym, a lot of monologue happened. I received an X-transeiver and C-gear, and talked to Bianca and Prof. Juniper, but my mind was elsewhere. I just lost the very first Pokmon I caught on this journey. I went to the Aspertia City Lookout and watched the sun set, holding my new badge in one hand and my two Pokballs in the other, making sure that anyone who might be watching saw a very dramatic scene. What was the future gonna hold?

Update #2
Spoiler:
There's absolutely nothing happening until the 2nd gym, is there? Well, no, there's one new route where I can catch a new Pokmon.
At the Virbank Complex I catch Arbe the female Pidove.
At this complex are also Audino's to be found, so I do a bit of training before I hit the gym.
Bei evolves in a Herdier

My Pokmon: Bei (18), Dyo (17), Arbe (18)
Roxie's Pokmon: Koffing (16), Whirlipede (18)

Bei starts with a Work Up, Koffing uses Assurance. I then order Bei to use Return, and 2hko Koffing.
Roxie sends out Whirlipede, and I decide to swap to Arbe. Arbe gets hit twice by a Venoshock, but it doesn't KO her. In return I let her use Air Cutter, which critically hits both times and KO's Whirlipede. We won the match and the Toxic Badge is ours!

Update #3
Spoiler:
The only place to go to is the Pokstar Studio's, where I'm being forced to watch a film, act in a film and talk to a bunch of people with very unoriginal names. When all of this is finally done, I go southeast in Virbank to the harbour to board the ship, but not before I, Roxie and Hugh chase and fight some pirates from Team Plasma.

Now, Hugh and I arrived in Castelia City, where some Harlequin gives me a bike. Thank you, sir.
There's a LOT to do in this city, so I do a LOT. And after visiting basically every building in the city except the gym, I go north out of town to find me some more teammates. Unfortunately I can't reach the Relic Castle, so only one catch available.
On Route 14 I catch Pet the female Darumaka.

Now I can go to the gym, but someone is blocking it, saying the leader isn't there. Then a girl named Iris shows me where to look for him; in the city sewers. Great... But Hugh shows up and accompanies me, healing me after every battle. Great! Sadly, I fail to catch a Pokmon here, since I KO the Zubat. It's good training though:
Dyo evolves in a Swadloon
One level later:
Dyo evolves in a Leavanny
Also:
Arbe evolves in a Tranquill

I get lost for a while in the sewers, only to discover that Burgh and some Team Plasma Grunts are very close to the sewer's entrance. After a battle with the Grunts and some dialogue with Burgh and some stranger, I discover a new area connected to the sewers.
In the Relic Passage I catch Zes the male Roggenrola.
Time to challenge Burgh!

My Pokmon: Dyo (21), Bei (21), Arbe (22), Pet (21), Zes (21)
Roxie's Pokmon: Swadloon (22), Dwebble (22), Leavanny (24)

I started with Zes against Swadloon, which is not a good match-up, although Zes has Sturdy, so he will at least survive the first round. He receives a Razor Leaf, which does about 45% damage, I do about 70% with Rock Blast. I don't want Zes to die from a crit hit or miss his own attack, so I swap to Pet, who easily wins with one Fire Fang.
Burgh brings out Dwebble, I swap back to Zes. Zes easily endures one struggle bug and then 1hko's Dwebble with some Rock Blasts.
Time for Burgh's last Pokmon, Leavanny. I change to Arbe, and one crit hit Air Cutter is sufficient to win me the third badge!

Update #4
Spoiler:
I go north out of town and meet with the stranger who I met earlier in the sewers. I forgot his name, but he' a scientist and he challenges me. I win.
Time to catch more teammates!
In the Desert Resort I catch Pitu the male Dwebble.
And a bit later:
In the Relic Castle I catch Atta the female Yamask.
I have reached Nimbasa City now, close to the 4th badge, and I just boxed my first Pokmon. Am I missing routes? I doublecheck the Pokedex, which has a Habitat function, and notice there's supposed to be tall grass in Castelia City. I go back round it, but it's all concrete. Then I remember a kid blocking my path in the sewers and go check. The kid is gone and I find a small, hidden area with grass.
In Castelia City I catch Tara the female Petilil.
I go back to Nimbasa and check if I can go to the routes east and west of the city for even more catches.
On Route 16 I catch Hamar the male Minccino.
On route 5, Bianca shows up and leads me to a hidden grotto, where there's another Minccino. The second Pokmon I run into is a Solosis, but I accidentally kill it... That would have been a great addition...

There are some strong trainers here, I find out. Like a breakdancer with just a Scraggy...
Pet dies in a trainer battle against a Scraggy
It was the combination of Swagger and Payback that killed my beloved Darumaka. I guess I could have avoided it, but didn't anticipate that a Swagger-selfhurt could damage Pet that much... :'(

I definitely need some proper training before I go face the fourth gym, and discover another area behind Route 16:
In Lostlorn Forest I catch Shiyi the male Pinsir.
Wauw, a Pinsir! Not sure how rare it is, but that's pretty cool.
Also, this part of the woods is a great place to train, I find out. The Breeder keeps challenging me every time I enter the forest, and the wild Pokes aren't that bad either. Haven't run into another Pinsir, though, so I guess I was really lucky!!
I decide to train my team up to level 30 before I go to the gym. But, as always, I get a bit sloppy while grinding and in the grass on Route 5 (there are more Psychic-types here) I should have ran or switched out...
Atta dies to a wild Solosis' Psyshock.
This really came as a surprise and I have to admit, it hurts a bit. I was really hoping for a Cohagrigus since they can be very bulky and are hard to kill, therefore perfect for a Nuzlocke. Sadly, instead of hope, I now have to mourn for the loss of a great asset.

Now it's the for the gym, but not before talking to the Beauty that is standing in front of the Ferris Wheel. A simple fight follows, and after the weirdest cutscene in Pokmon history. What was that about?
What...?
Why...?
...?
Nevermind.
I go through the gym, which seems to be exactly the same as in BW, only to find out after that the Gymleader has moved to another building. Also, she seems to have dyed her hair and her fashion style is even more alien to me than ever...

My Pokmon: Zes (30), Shiyi (25), Bei (30), Dyo (30), Arbe (30), Hamar (25)
Elesa's Pokmon: Emolga (28), Flaafy (28), Zebstrika (30)

As you can see, I haven't trained Shiyi and Hamar up to level yet, but I thought it wasn't really necessary for now, since I don't plan on using them much in this fight (even though Shiyi knows Dig).

I start with Zes, since he has Sturdy, so I'm always save on the first move. Now I make probably the stupidest move I've done in a long, long time: I use Iron Defence. Why? Because I was convinced that Volt Switch (I assumed that Elesa's strategy hadn't changed much since BW) was a physical move... Emolga uses Volt Switch and Flaafy comes into play. Flaafy is faster and uses Volt Switch too, me assuming it will just tickle. Instead, it KO's Zes instantly... Sh*t!!
Zes dies to Elesa's Flaafy using Volt Switch.

This is going terribly wrong already! Elesa keeps switching between Emolga and Flaafy, who I manage to KO with Bei and Shiyi (yes, I ended up using him after all) respectively.

Elesa's final Pokmon is Zebstrika. I start with Shiyi, who is paralyzed by Flaafy's Static, but has full health. Zebstrika uses Volt Switch, doing about 55% damage, I reply with Revenge, doing about the same, but Zebstrika heals with a berry. I can't take another hit, so I swap to Dyo, who gets hit by a Volt Switch, but it doesn't hurt much. Zebstrika uses Flame Charge now (totally forgot about that move), lucky not KOing Dyo, leaving him with 8HP. Dyo's Razor Leaf hurts Zebstrika to about 20% HP.
Dyo won't survive another hit, so I have to swap again. Bei would be good, but she's too heavily injured after fighting Emolga. Shiyi is hurt too and Hamar is too weak. Arbe it is, even though she is a Flying type. Luckily, Zebstrika used Quick Attack, only doing about 15% damage. Arbe uses Quick Attack in the next turn, going first, and KOing Zebstrika before it's able to zap Arbe down. The badge is ours!!

I've earned 4 badges now, but at the cost of 4 beloved team members. I'm not happy about this, so I'll have to try to be more careful from now on.

Update #5
Spoiler:
There's a little bit of interaction and some simple battles with "good" and "bad" Team Plasma members, but the main thing are some more catches:
On the Driftveil Bridge I catch Bara the male Ducklett.
I arrive in Driftveil, but I don't think I'll be able to beat Clay comfortably yet, so I keeping going. I can't go south like in BW, so no catch there, but I can go to Route 6:
On Route 6 I catch Mahatunka the female Karrablast.
Now, I only played the first Unova games twice, and only as challenges, so I don't know much about the Pokmon and their evolutions. I believe Karrablast evolves in Accelgor, but there's some trading evolved? Also, I got two active bugs already, so she'll probably stay in the box.

I wonder if the Chargestone Cave is blocked again. Turns out, it isn't, so there's another catch:
In Chargestone Cave I catch Sibsi the genderless Klink.
An interesting catch, I think. Could be very useful.

I can't go very far in the cave, and the Pokmon here give very little experience, so I decide to go outside again and train in the rustling grass next to the house with a healer. I beat heaps of Audino, Unfezant, Leavanny, Emolga, Castform and, apparently, Dunsparce, to get my team to level 32.
Arbe evolves in an Unfezant.
And:
Bei evolves in a Stoutland.
Nice!
For some reason, Bara hasn't evolved in a Swanna yet, so maybe it needs a Water Stone, which I don't have. It's very weak, but I'll probably need it for the upcoming ground-gym, so let's hope for the best.
Last teammember to train is my newly caught Sibsi. The first Pokmon in the rustling grass is an Azumarill. Good, since I have electric moves.
You'd think...
Sibsi dies to a wild Azumarill's Aqua Tail.
One critical hit was enough. That's all the time I could spend with Sibsi. I don't know what that says about me...

I add Hamar back to the team and train him up to level 32 as well, and then I remember what the kid in the healer house that gave me a Shiny Stone said and...
Hamar evolves in a Cinccino.

I guess I'm ready for the gym now.

My Pokmon: Dyo (32), Shiyi (32), Bei (32), Bara (32), Arbe (32), Hamar (32)
Clay's Pokmon: Krokorok (31), Sandslash (31), Excadrill (33)

I start with Dyo, Clay sends out Krokorok. We 2hko him with ease, barely receiving damage from the Bulldoze.
Clay sends out Excadrill, most likely his Ace. I decide to swap to Hamar to see how strong he really is. Hamar is faster and sends Excadrill to sleep with Sing. Then, I use Wake-up Slap. To be honest, I don't know if Technician is still in effect when Wake-up Slap gets stronger when the foe is asleep, but it is at least super effective and does about 75% damage. Excadrill uses Bulldoze however, and gets Hamar's HP down to about 45% while lowering speed...
I don't know why, but I'm not swapping. Instead, I go for another Wake-up Slap. Excadrill is faster now, but instead of finishing it with another Bulldoze, he misses a Rock Slide. Hamar hits, even crits, KOing Excadrill. Pfiew, that was lucky! Stupid and lucky.
Clay sends out his last Pokmon, Sandslash. I change back to Dyo, who only needs one Razor Leaf to finish the job.

Update #6
Spoiler:
Now that I've beaten Clay, I can enter the World Tournament. But not before I pass a stand with a Move Relearner. Hamar can learn Bullet Seed and Rock Blast!! Combined with Technician, that's fantastic! Luckily, I already picked up 3 Heart Scales so far, so relearning it is.

Back to the story. I battle Hugh, Cheren and the scientist (forgot his name again, something with C...) in the Tournament. They all have level 25 Pokmon, so that's no struggle. I can't reenter unfortunately, so I go outside again.
Team Plasma rushes past, and we end up battling on their secret hideout, a ship. The first two battle are fine, and also the double battle with Cheren isn't too hard. But then there's the double battle with Hugh...
Hamar dies to a Team Plasma Grunt's Raticate using Sucker Punch.
NO!
No, no, NO!!
What the...!?
OooooOOOHHHH!!
It.
Is.
ON!!
I will unleash my WRATH on you!! I will make sure NONE of you will EVER see the...!!

...aaand they're gone...
So far, I've had nothing against Team Plasma. They were pretty mild and harmless, I barely mentioned them in this log, and I was only helping Hugh with his personal vendetta. But now?

Cheren tells me to meet him at Route 6, so I do. He gives me the HM Surf. Not much later, I run into a legendary Pokmon. First I thought is was Suicune, but apparently it's called Cobalion. This is totally new to me, I've never heard of this Pokmon before, so I'm curious! A "good" Team Plasma Sage and an old man tell me about it and two other legendaries, named Virrizion and Terakion (again, no clue. I thought BW2 had the same Pokdex as BW, and I have seen that Pokedex before when I had to decide teams for previous challenges, so I'm quite intrigued). They end up saying that I should befriend it, so I guess we'll get to see it again.

There's a cave after a short surf, called the Mistralton Cave. My first encounter is a Boldore, but then:
In Mistralton Cave I catch Quinze the female Axew.
A m@#&f?$@n dragon!! I used Bei to bring it's HP down, and a Rock Smash crithit it to 1HP, so I almost lost her, but luckily the first ball caught her. I'm gonna treat her like porcelain!

Time to move on. The bridge in Chargestone Cave is fixed, so we can continue our adventure. Someone shouts something at me, but we don't get to see who. There's also a few trainers. Strong ones, and if I didn't have any healing items, I would've lost a few of my team mates in a triple battle.
Thankfully there's a doctor in the cave, who heals my Pokes. But not before battling. I KO his Solosis, and also fight the Gothita. But forgot about the Future Sight...
Bara dies to a Doctor's Solosis using Future Sight.
There goes my 5th favorite duck...

Finally, I'm out of the cave and made it to Mistralton City. I can already go to the gym, but I have nothing strong against flying-types except for Shiyi's Rock Tomb, and since that's obviously not a great matchup, I'll try to catch new Pokmon first and get some training done.
In BW there's Zebstrika on route 7, hopefully I run into one now too. Of course, no such luck, and I must've walked into rustling grass, because...:
On Route 7 I catch Shiliu the male Audino.
Great... I don't really see much use in him, to be honest, although the high level does suggest I can get some proper training done here.

There's also a few trainers here. One challenges me to a rotation battle, which I don't mind, but another challenges me to a Triple Battle, which I can't stand! The last one, in Chargestone Cave, was a very close call. Now, I'm less lucky...
Dyo dies to an Unfezant using Air Slash.
It never occurred to me to switch him out, in a battle against three flying-types! How stupid. Dyo was my second catch, and therefore with me since basically the start of this run.
I'm gonna miss you, buddy :'(

I can't go into Twisted Mountain since E4 Marshall is blocking it, so I go to Celestial Tower. First, I see Professor Juniper and get a Lucky Egg. Awesome!! Now grinding will go even faster!
My first encounter:
In Celestial Tower I catch Patinel the female Litwick.
She's coming on the team for sure.
I continue my way up, battling the trainers on the way, until I run into a Psychic with a level 36 Espeon. Patinel (lvl30) is up, getting a Will-o'-wisp and one Hex in, while Espeon sets up Future Sight and then needs one Psybeam to get Patinel down to 1 (!) HP. Swap, I guess?
I swap to Bei and...
Bei dies to a Trainers Espeon using Psybeam and Future Sight in one move.
OMG!
Are you kidding me?
This whole game is one big slaughter fest!! My poor, poor Pokmon!

Alright, that's it. I'm gonna grind. Since this is a blind run, there's no "overleveling rule" or anything, and since the trainers seems to have Pokmon up to level 36, I guess the Gym is gonna be even tougher.

I got Pitu and Tara out of the box and trained everyone up to level 37 (except for Tara, but I'm definitely not gonna use her in a Flying-type Gym.
Pitu evolves in a Crustle.
That's the only Poke that evolves though... Quinze and Patinel are still an Axew and a Litwick respectively. Surely they don't need stones or trading to evolve to their 2nd stage, do they? And what about Tara? I have Lead Stones, they don't work. I guess it's a Sun Stone

My Pokmon: Pitu (37), Shiyi (37), Quinze (37), Arbe (37), Patinel (37), Tara (30)
Skyla's Pokmon: Swoobat (37), Skarmory (37), Swanna (39)

I start of with Pitu, who beat all the trainers in the Gym too. Skyla brings out Swoobat. Swoobat is faster, but never really hurts me with Heart Stamp and Acrobatics. I set up a Stealth Rock and then 1hko it with Rock Slide.
Skyla is gonna send out Skarmory now. I fear that Pitu won't survive any Steel attacks, so I swap to Patinel and hit Skarmory with a Will-o'-wisp to lower it's attack and do some damage. Skarmory only uses Air Slash, so the lower attack doesn't really matter, but after receiving damage from both a burn and the Stealth Rock, one Flame Burst is enough to KO.
Time for Skyla's last Pokmon, which is a Swanna. Patinel can't handle this, and neither can Pitu, so I bring Arbe. We throw some attacks at each other, heal when needed, and in the end, standing with a mere 11 HP, Arbe comes out on top. The Jet Badge is ours!!

Update #7
Spoiler:
Enter confusion.

So I fly together with Skyla, Professor Juniper and Bianca to Lentimas Town. Reason why I'm here? So I can see Drayden in Opelucid City. If I look at the map, however, it doesn't really look closer by... I guess time will tell.

Next to Lentimas Town is a patch of grass.
At Reversal Mountain I catch Atharam the male Skorupi.

Ah. Axew evolve at level 38. Quinze was just 1 level short...
Quinze evolves in a Fraxure.

In Reversal Mountain Bianca joins me as we battle our way through the lavapath. Pretty busy here, but thankfully I stocked up on healing items just earlier (I really needed them) and Bianca heals me after every battle (I really needed her).
Bianca tells me about the legendary Heatran, who's blood is lava. I wonder who found out about this.
Anyway, it's not here, and we make it save out of the cave and reach Undella Town.
Suddenly, Hugh pops up and challenges me to a battle. Luckily my Pokmon are still healed.

My Pokmon: Arbe (38), Quinze (39), Pitu (40), Crustle (40), Tara (36), Patinel (38)
Hugh's Pokmon: Unfezant (39), Semipour (39), Emboar (41)

I had Arbe out in front, so it's a female against male Unfezant battle. I'm one level lower though. Turns out, it doesn't matter. I use attacks better and KO Unfezant with about half HP left myself.
Hugh is gonna send out Emboar. Now, Emboar is weak against flying, but at this time, I don't know who the third Pokmon is gonna be. Maybe it's weak to Flying too, like a Grass type. Or, more likely, Emboar knows a Rock move.
I swap, to Pitu. Good choice, it turns out. Emboar knows a Rock move indeed, but it's not stronger than Pitu's Rock Slide, so Pitu wins.
Last Pokmon is Semipour. -pour, so the Water type. I should swap, so I send out Shiyi.
Semipour starts with Leer. Odd, but fine. X-Scissor brings Semipour's HP down in the red. Hugh heals, I bring it down again. Mind, Semipour is faster, and starts the third round with Scald.
Shiyi dies to Hugh's Semipour using a critical Scald.
WHAT!!!??
NO WAY!!
HUGH, WHAT DID YOU DO!!??
My beloved Pinsir, died in a friendly match!!
I send Arbe out again who takes revenge with a Quick Attack and defeats Hugh.

But it doesn't matter. This is again a major blow I have to endure during this run. Ten Pokmon died during this trip, more then half of my total catches. I was responsible for them, but failed.

Despite everything, I have to continue. I'm not going to fail this run, I shall become Champion.

There's a lot of treasure around this town, and South is Route 14. I run into an Altaria, but fail to catch it because I run out of Pokballs.
I don't have anyone to Surf for me right now and don't have a rod, so I can't catch a Pokmon in Undella Town (I could catch a HM slave, but I only use them when needed to proceed through the story. I can go north, to Route 13 however:
On Route 13 I catch Oganisa the female Absol.
Nice.

I decide to grind everyone up to level 42 here. And, finally, at level 41:
Patinel evolves in a Lampent.
It just turned dark while I was training, so maybe it only evolves when it's dark and happy? Or it's just a very high, random level. I guess now I need a stone or trade.

I also added Atharam to the Team. Tara is now back in the PC. Why Atharam?
1. Good defences.
2. Poison Fang can badly poison, and while grinding I notice that that happens a lot.
3. Awesome typing, at least, when it evolves. I believe Poison/Dark only has one weakness (Ground)?
4. Most importantly: Battle Armour. It cannot be hit by crithits! Almost all my deaths where because of them...
It does mean two Dark types, but that's fine.
Atharam evolves in a Drapion.

After a few trainers, I found Cobalion again. It challenged me to a battle. It used Iron Head against Pitu and was weak to Pitu's Bulldoze, so I reckoned it is a Steel-type, and KO'd it with Patinel. It then ran away beyond the road...

I arrive in Lacunosa Town, where we here the story of a Pokmon that can summon cold storms and eats people... Bit dark, but I really have no clue which Pokmon they mean. They also talk about Reshiram, who I do know from the previous games. Let's see how this story unfolds.

We then run into Hugh and a double battle against Team Plasma's Zinzolin (what is he wearing!!? I know it's winter, but...) and a Grunt. Finally time for some revenge: Pitu crushes them with all the rocks he can summon.

Route 12. Time for a new Pokmon? No. I accidentally 1hko the Roselia.

Village Bridge then? Yes.
At Village Bridge I catch Jiirma the female Marill
Now I can finally Surf again, and maybe catch some more Pokes!
In Undella Town I catch Tjugoett the male Frillish.
And:
On Route 11 I catch Ba'Isa the female Shellmet.
Both will be boxed.

Another Legendary suddenly blocks the road. I fight Virizion, who appears to be a Grass type, with Atharam and win with ease. It then ran off down the road and vanished...

There's a Pokmon Breeder here too, who keeps challenging me. Good training, so I train again. Level 48, sound good? Well, apparently Quinze thinks so, because:
Quinze evolves in a Haxorus.

In Opelucid City, I can apparently challenge the gym, but Iris meets me and advises me to go to Route 9 first.
On Route 9 I catch Bisaum the female Pawniard.
I have never used one before, but I think they look really awesome with nice typing.
Box!!

Time to hit the Gym. But first its trainers. One's Fraxure is strong!
Patinel dies to a Gym-Trainer's Fraxure crithitting Dragon Claw (I believe).
Great... More deaths... Just what I needed...
Sigh...

My Pokmon: Atharam (48), Quinze (49), Arbe (48), Pitu (48), Oganisa (48), Tjugoett (35)
Drayden's Pokmon: Druddigon (46), Flygon (46), Haxorus (48)

Atharam leads the way against Druddigon, and it's pretty obvious Atharam is not gonna lose this one. Druddigon hits with Revenge and Slash, but never hurts me more then about 20%. Poison Fang badly poisons it, and some Night Slashes are enough to KO Druddigon.
Drayden sends out Flygon and I decide to swap to Quinze. Dragon vs. Dragon. This can only go very easy, or end very badly. The first is the case, one Dragon Claw 1hko's Flygon.
Drayden sends out his own Haxorus. Quinze is gonna stay and same story: a 1hko. Obtained the 7th badge!

Update #8
Spoiler:
Drayden fills me in about the legends of Unova. Apparently, the scary people eating Pokmon is Kyurem, a Dragon that existed during the creation of Reshiram and Zekrom.
Suddenly, Team Plasma shows up with the Flying Dutchman, shooting massive Icicles at the City. They threaten Drayden to hand of some DNA splicers, but Drayden won't give it. Now, if I was a villain, I would have waited with the shooting until now and ask again. That would be threatening right? Instead, they shoot first, then speak some threats and then say that they ran out of bullets or something, "but they'll be back..."
Team Plasma, everyone!!

Anyway, we fight Team Plasma off, no problem. Also the member of the Shadow Triad, who actually managed to steal the DNA Splicers, was easy to beat. I didn't get the Splicers back though, so apparently I go to Humilau City now.

It took me a while to find it (apparently I had to go through the new underwater tunnel), but I arrive in Humilau. It turns out that the first thing to do is challenge the gym. Already? Seems a bit fast somehow. Luckily, I can get some catches in the surrounding areas:
In Humilau City I catch Vintimila the female Corsola.
And:
On Route 22 I catch Ippattaru the female Amoonguss.
And:
In Giant Chasm I catch Huszonhet the female Sneasel.

It seems pretty obvious that the gym uses Water type Pokmon. I don't have any super effective moves for them, but I guess they're all gonna be Dual-Types, so I'm feeling pretty confident. I use the breeder on Route 22 to get everyone up to level 50 and challenge the Gym.

My Pokmon: Tjugoett (51), Arbe (50), Quinze (50), Oganisa (50), Atharam (50), Pitu (50)
Marlon's Pokmon: Carracosta (49), Wailord (49), Jellicent (51)

I started with Tjugoett, since it's a Water-type too so I should be save. He brings Carracosta. Tjugoett is faster and starts with Will-o'-wisp, which hits. Carracosta uses Shell Smash, so becomes a sweeper. He's also faster now, and uses Crunch, which does about 55% damage (thank god for the burn). I decide to go for Hex, get a crit hit, but Carracosta holds on with Sturdy. The burn finishes it, however.
Marlo is gonna send out his own Jellicent, which turns out to be at the same level as mine too. I decide to swap anyway, to Oganisa, and one Night Slash is enough to 1hko Jellicent.
Marlo sends out his last Pokmon, a Wailord. Not all dual types, then. I swap again, now to Quinze, hoping Wailord doesn't know any Ice moves.
He doesn't. Quinze goes first, and Dragon Claw does about 55% damage. Wailord uses Bounce and jumps up in the sky...
Wauw...
Just... Picture that...
While Wailord is in the air, I use Sword Dance, just in case. Wailord bounces on Quinze, dealing ~30% damage, but getting hurt by Rocky Helmet during the process. The next Dragon Claw is fatal, and we win our 8th and final badge!!

Update #9
Spoiler:
Now that I have the last badge, it's time to find Team Plasma. Hugh goes south, I go north. On Route 22 I run into the scientist dude. So it's Colress. He give me a machine, but I have no idea what to do with it. We also fight Terrakion. Not sure what type it is, but it fainted after a critical 1hko Fly from Arbe while it missed Rock Slide. It then ran away past the end of the route...

It looks like Hugh send me in the wrong direction, so I go south now too. On Route 21 I only run into Jellicent and Frillish, so no catch here.
In the Seaside Cave I find a Woobat, but I accidentally kill it (I think every move in my team's repertoire would've killed it).
And now I know what the Machine is for. I get rid of the Crustle blocking my path and find the Plasma Ship. I beat some Plasma scum, retreive the secret code and...

...the ship disappeared again...

Ok, they went to Giant Chasm. Shouldn't be too far away. And indeed, it doesn't take me long to find them again. A new puzzle, again not too hard of course, and more Plasma Scum. I beat them again, and this time I finally get to see the real leader: Colress! The scientist seems to be behind all this havoc. He challenges me to a battle, but allows me to heal first. Turns out that's a good thing...

My Pokmon: Quinze (53), Pitu (53), Tjugoett (53), Arbe (54), Oganisa (52), Atharam (54)
Colress' Pokmon: Magneton (50), Magnezone (50), Beheeyem (50), Metang (50), Klinklang (52)

Before I started this battle, I remembered the previous figgt with Colress. He had a Magnetite and a Klink, I believe. Also he's a scientist, social figures he would probably have 2 or 3 Steel type Pokmon. Since my team is quite weak to them, I taught Bulldoze to Quinze, just to be on the safe side.
So I start with Quinze, and indeed, he brings Magneton. But despite the x4 weakness against Ground, it doesn't 1hko from Quinze's Bulldoze. It uses Thunderwave, and on the second turn Flash Canon, almost halving Quinze's health. Another Bulldoze finishes it.
Colress brings Magnezone, so basically the same story. I decide to heal and use Bulldoze again. We receive a Flash Canon first, again almost halving my HP, but this time Bulldoze does 1hko.

Colress now swaps in Klinklang. I decide to not take any changes, and change to Tjugoett, who is faster. Tjugoett uses Surf, which does more then 50% damage. Klinklang uses Thunderbolt, but without STAB it doesn't even get Tjugoett's HP half down. Another Surf, and Klinklang is downed.
Next is a Metang. For no reason, I swap to Oganisa. Two Night Slashes, while receiving one Meteor amash, are enough. And his last Pokmon, surprisingly nt a Steel type, but a Beheeyem, is an easy pray for Oganisa.
So, somehow, no casualties!!

Colress allows me to continue, and I meet Ghetsis. I remember him from the previous games, of course, but he doesn't challenge me. Instead, he lets the Shadow Triad fight me. All three members, but they are no match to me.

We continue, and after an amazing cutscene, where N and Reshiram show up, and Reshiram and Kyurem fuse together, I fight Kyurem. Tjugoett was out front, and wins fairly easy. After, Ghetsis challenges me.

My Pokmon: Tjugoett (54), Pitu (53), Oganisa (53), Arbe (54), Quinze (54), Atharam (53)
Ghetsis' Pokmon: Cohagrigus (50), Eelektross (50), Seismitoad (50), Toxicroak (50), Drapion (50), Hydreigon (52)

Oeh. Six Pokmon! If he's as tough as in the previous games, this is gonna end bad...

Tjugoett was still out in front, and it seems that he's healed (thanks, N?). Against Cohagrigus, it's a Ghost against Ghost match. I use Will-o'-wisp first, and hit. He uses Toxic, and also hits. I have this feeling he will use Protect now, so I use a Full Heal, and indeed, Protect fails. Now I use Hex, and KO Cohagrigus.

Ghetsis is going to use Eelektross. I used one myself before, and I believe it has Levitate. Luckily, Quinze has Mold Breaker. And Bulldoze.
Wink ;)
Next up is Hydreigon. Quinze stays, is faster, and 1hko's it with Dragon Claw.

Ghetsis sends out Seismitoad. I swap back to Tjugoett, since I don't have any Grass attacks. Again, Will-o'-wisp burns Seismitoad, lowering it attack, and Earthquake doesn't do much damage now. It even gets disabled due to Cursed Body, and a Surf and a Hex do the trick.

Alright, this is going easy so far. Next, a Toxicroak. A fighter, so I swap to Arbe. One crithit Fly, and Toxicroak faints. Then the last Pokmon, Drapion. I swap back again to Quinze and we Bulldoze our way to victory!

Update #10
Spoiler:
So Team Plasma is beaten, Hugh got his sister's Purrloin (or Liepard) back and I can go challenge the League.

After I finished looting in and around the Giant Chasm I reach Route 23.
On Route 23 I catch Nijuhachi the female Bouffalant.

I beat all the trainers here, solve an annoying Strength puzzle, only to get TM Taunt as a reward, and make it to Victory Road, where N gives me HM Waterfall.
On Victory Road I catch Untees the male Banette.

I challenge the first Ace trainer, who has a Drifblim and a Claydol. Atharam is out and easily gets rid of the Drifblim with two Crunches. Aftermath hurts him a bit, but he's strong enough to battle a Claydol. Right?
Wrong...
Atharam dies to an Ace Trainers Claydol using Earth Power.
I totally underestimated Claydol attack power and totally overestimated Atharam's defence. Or is Earth Power a Special Attack?
Anyway, my buddy ol' pal is no more.
Sniff...:'(

Now I need another teammate. I look in the PC Box, but am not totally satisfied with what I have. I check all possible catch areas on the Pokedex, but the only place I missed is Twist Mountain, and I still can't access it.

I picked up a Sun Stone just earlier at the Giant Chasm, and check if it works on Tara. It does!
[B]Tara]/B] evolves in a Lilligant.
Okay, you're on the team.

Time for Victory Road. It's an amazing maze, longer than any before, but the way it's made, with the canyons, caves and hills, I really enjoy it. There's also many strong trainers and, thankfully, a doctor.

After a while, Hugh ambushes me and challenges me to a fight.

My Pokmon: Quinze (58), Pitu (56), Tjugoett (58), Arbe (57), Oganisa (58), Tara (56)
Hugh's Pokmon: Unfezant (55), Semipour (55), Bouffalant (55), Emboar (41)

I didn't see it coming, and Quinze is on top, hurt a bit, but still ready to fight.

Uinze uses a Dragon Claw, and seriously hurts Unfezant, but he uses U-Turn, getting Quinze's HP down to about 50%. Bouffalant shows up. They're strong, so I decide to swap to Pitu. Pitu endures Bouffalant's hits well, and combining Toxic with Dig, manages to KO Bouffalant.

Hugh is going to send out Simipoir, so I change, to Tara. She's still hurt from the roadtrip so far though, social first use a Hyper Potion. Thankfully, Brick Break doesn't hurt too much, and Giga Drain is strong enough to KO Simipoir and heal at the same time.

Emboar comes and I change, to Tjugoett, who has absolutely no problem with him. Also the badly hurt Unfezant is easily discarded, and we win, surprisingly and luckily without any casualties!

I made it to the Pokmon League. I'm almost ready to conquer them, but not before training everyone up to level 60 using the Audino's on Victory Road. Judging by the trainers and wild Pokmon, I hope this is a good level.

I enter the League. It looks the same as earlier, and I'm assuming the E4 is still the same. I decide to go northeast first.

My Pokmon: Oganisa (60), Arbe (60), Quinze (60), Tara (60), Pitu (60), Tjugoett (60)
Caitlin's Pokmon: Musharna (56), Reuniclus (56), Sigilyph (56), Gothitelle (58)

So I start with Oganisa and a Night Slash. It almost KO's Musharna, who uses a weak Charge Beam. I correctly predict Caitlin healing Musharna, so I use Sword Dance.
From here on, the fight was basically done. Musharna, Reuniclus, Sigilyph and Gothitelle have no change against Oganisa, and we win the first E4 match.

Let's go northwest now.

My Pokmon: Pitu (60), Oganisa (61), Arbe (60), Quinze (60), Tara (60), Tjugoett (60)
Grimsley's Pokmon: Liepard (56), Scrafty (56), Krookodile (56), Bisharp (58)

Pitu starts, being a Bug type Pokmon. After flinching the first round due to Fake Out, he 1hko's Liepard with an X-Scissor.
Grimsley brings Scrafty, so I swap to Arbe. Two times Fly is plenty to win.
Krookodile brings a bit more trouble. I swap back to Pitu, so his Attack gets lowered by Intimidate. Krookodile is also faster, and keeps using Earthquake. Thankfully, I can heal and still attack, and with X-Scissor, Pitu manages to win.
Then the last Pokmon, Bisharp. Pitu is weakened, so I swap to Quinze. Then I remember Bisharp's Ability to raise its attack, and decide to use Sword Dance first to ensure a 1hko later. It works. Bisharp's Night Slash isn't too strong, it gets damaged by the Rocky Helmet, and one Bulldoze KO's Bisharp, making this the second win!

Who's next?
We'll go southwest.

My Pokmon: Pitu (60), Oganisa (61), Arbe (60), Quinze (60), Tara (60), Tjugoett (60)
Shauntal's Pokmon: Cohagrigus (56), Golunk (56), Drifblim (56), Chandelure (58)

So I did heal my Pokmon, but totally forgot swap the teammembers around, causing Pitu to start the match. It doesn't really matter though: Toxic and Dig damage Cohagrigus enough to hurt, but not enough for Shauntal to heal. I use one Rock Wrecker and KO Cohagrigus.

Shauntal brings Golunk. Pitu is hurt a fair bit, and has to recharge, so I swap to Tara. One Giga Drain almost KO's Golunk. Golunk uses Shadow Punch and almost KO's Tara in return. Shauntal heals now, and Tara can use Giga Drain twice, KOing Golunk.

Next comes Chandelure. I swap of course, to Oganisa. Night Slash should do the trick. Unfortunately, Chandelure is faster, and...
Oganisa dies to Chandelure using Fire Blast.
She didn't even need a critical hit. Her Fire Blast was so powerful, it incinerated Oganisa right on the spot

Quinze, you're up! It turns out, Quinze is faster, and, after two Bulldozes, ensuring one Shadow Ball, Chandelure is defeated. Shauntal's last Pokmon, Drifblim, is easily beaten by a crithit Fly from Arbe.

The loss of Oganisa comes as a shock and surprise, but I can't mourn, I have to keep going.

On to the last E4 member.

My Pokmon: Arbe (60), Quinze (60), Pitu (60), Tara (60), Tjugoett (60)
Marshal's Pokmon: Throh (56), Mienshaw (56), Sawk (56), Conkeldurr (58)

I send out Arbe first, hoping the fighters don't know too many Rock attacks. Fly doesn't directly KO Throh, but Rock Tomb keeps missing, so Arbe finishes with Return. Next comes Conkeldurr and I change to Tjugoett. We use Will-o'-wisp successfully, while Stone Edge does some damage, but gets disabled. Now Conkeldurr apparently can't attack Tjugoett, since it keeps using Bulk Up, so we simple finish it with a few Hexeseses.

Arbe fights again, now against Sawk. Fly would've KO'd Sawk if it wasn't for Sturdy. Sawk hits with one Rock Slide, but without STAB it apparently isn't that strong. With 1HP left, one Return obviously doesn't he trick.

Marshal's last Pokmon is Mienshaw. I decide to swap again to Tjugoett, just for the heck of it. And again, no problems here. Start with Will-o'-wisp, heal when needed, and finish with Hex or Surf.

The E4 is beaten. Let the Champion come!!

My Pokmon: Tjugoett (61), Arbe (60), Quinze (60), Pitu (60), Tara (60),
Iris' Pokmon: Hydreigon (57), Lapras (57), Aggron (57), Druddigon (57), Archeops (57), Haxorus (59)

Iris? Where's Alder? Isn't he the Champion?

Just kidding. I actually kinda knew Iris would be the Champion, since the rules of this challenges say that I have to beat Iris to finish the Challenge ;)

I send out Tjugoett first, since he knows Ice Beam. Iris starts with Hydreigon! Oh no! Luckily, it turns out that Hydreigon doesn't know a Dark move (deja vu moment here...). So we throw attacks at each other, heal, throw more attacks at each other, and in the end, Tjugoett wins.

Next comes Lapras. I could send out Tara with her Grass moves, but she's weak to Ice, so I keep Tjugoett in the game. Lapras knows Thunderbolt, but it doesn't hurt toomuch, and gets disabled after one use. I use the Will-o'-wisp/Hex combo to beat Lapras.

Tjugoett also fights Aggron. Only one Surf is enough. But when Iris sends out Haxorus, I change and send out my own, Quinze. One Dragon Claw is all we need.

Archeops comes, and I swap to Pitu. Archeops misses a Rock Slide, and one Rock Wrecker from Pitu 1hkos Archeops. Druddigon is last, already. Quinze again only needs one Dragon Claw. So we won.

WE WON!! WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

We actually did it! I finished a Nuzlocke, no, a BLIND Nuzlocke! There were some tough moments, but we came through, and I completed this challenge!!

Hall of Fame Screenshots
Spoiler:

My Team:

Arbe
lvl 61 | Female | Relaxed | Super Luck | Scope Lens
Air Slash, Roost, Fly, Return

Pitu
lvl 61 | Male | Sassy | Sturdy | Hard Stone
Dig, Rock Wrecker, Toxic, X-Scissor

Quinze
lvl 61 | Female | Gentle | Mold Breaker | Rocky Helmet
Bulldoze, Strength, Sword Dance, Dragon Claw

Tara
lvl 60| Female | Lonely | Chlorophyll | Leftovers
Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance

Tjugoett
lvl 62| Male | Adamant | Cursed Body | Splash Plate
Will-o'-wisp, Surf, Hex, Ice Beam

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Dahatunka
lvl 26

Shirliu
lvl 33

Ba'Isa
lvl 36

Jiirma
lvl 41

Bisaum
lvl 38

Vintimila
lvl 43

Ippattaru
lvl 39

Huszonhet
lvl 44

Nijuhachi
lvl 51

Untees
lvl 50

Deaths
Spoiler:

Hana
lvl 2 - 11

Pet
lvl 14 - 24

Atta
lvl 19 - 28

Zes
lvl 16 - 30

Sibsi
lvl 26 - 26

Hamar
lvl 21 - 33

Bara
lvl 25 - 34

Dyo
lvl 2 - 35

Bei
lvl 4 - 34

Shiyi
lvl 24 - 40

Patinel
lvl 27 - 47

Oganisa
lvl 35 - 61
“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”

Suon

Male
Australia
75 posts
4.4 Years
Just completed my blind Nuzlocke run on White 2. See previous post for all the updates.
Female
Maryland
Seen April 8th, 2019
Posted April 8th, 2019
7 posts
1.5 Years
So, I see this thread hasn't been used in a whike, so I may just be posting here for my own entertainment. I've been wanting to go through all of the gens before 8, so I figured what better way than an ultimate nuzlocke. I will be posting an update after each game with winning team!

Sign-Up
UserName: QCat18
Version:
Gen 1: Not sure on this, since I don't have any older games or Roms. May attempt some type of nuzlocke on Lets Go!(Not sure how or if it's allowed)
Gen 2: Soul Silver
Gen 3: Omega Ruby
Gen 4: Platinum
Gen 5: White 2
Gen 6: X
Gen 7: Ultra Sun
Gen 8: Sword
Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

Additional rules:
- No Dupes
- White/Blackout game over
- Cant catch/use legendaries
- Battle mode Set

I will be starting with Gen 2, and working my way down from there! I hope someone enjoys reading my progress!

PrincessV

Female
Kanto Region
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
24 posts
44 Days
Username: PrincessV
Version: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White, Black 2, X, Omega ruby, Moon. Ultra sun.
Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
Optional rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centers and moves such as Softboiled..
No Duplicate Captures (Only applies if said Pokemon is alive)
Separated Areas (Only if they are actually separated, like North/South 204 from Sinnoh, or multiple floors in a cave)
Advertiser Content