Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #676   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old February 19th, 2016 (5:43 PM). Edited February 20th, 2016 by KJGungeon.
KJGungeon's Avatar
KJGungeon KJGungeon is offline
Rom-hacker, & Researcher
     
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: Pallet Town
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 43
    Check out my R/S/E works for Pokemon Black. Just recently came back into the Hacking Scene.
    The goal is to be able to make a RSE Base Rom for people to use.

    Video Here:
    __________________
    KJGungeon Ace

    CLASS: PKMN Trainer

    Check Out my Youtube and follow my updates on Rom Hacking.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFITD6ZmmCDR1pTSHswVcDA

    My discord username:
    KJGung_eon
    Reply With Quote
      #677   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old February 20th, 2016 (9:38 AM). Edited February 20th, 2016 by GlaciaTaso.
    GlaciaTaso's Avatar
    GlaciaTaso GlaciaTaso is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 20
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by surfer treecko View Post
      Whenever I try to run the latest version of this tool I get a "can not activate the GL rendering context" error. The only solution I've heard of is to run v1.7.0, but I can't find a download for it anywhere. Can anybody help me?
      Use Windows XP (English 32bit)
      SDSME170 is here https://github.com/Spiky-EaredPichu/SDSME/tree/master/Release%20Builds
      Reply With Quote
        #678   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old February 20th, 2016 (9:50 AM). Edited February 20th, 2016 by GlaciaTaso.
      GlaciaTaso's Avatar
      GlaciaTaso GlaciaTaso is offline
         
        Join Date: Aug 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 20
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MNchino View Post
        Hi, I've been looking for a while, and I'm trying to find out what each of the commands mean in the Script editor. I can't seem to find any tutorial nor documentation of commands for that. I haven't done any real big ROM editing, but I've done a couple years of programming, and I think I could find out what to do with a couple of hints.

        How can I find out how to edit the scripts? Is it the same as GBA script editing? Anything to steer me in the right direction would help, Thanks!
        If you are going to edit HGSS or DPPt,you can use PPRE too.
        Script commands of PPRE are differrent from those of SDSME.
        Please refer to https://board.romresources.net/board219-rom-hacking-tools-tutorials-ressourcen/board16-rom-hacking-tutorials/12987-nds-ppre-scripting-tutorial-d-p-u/#post163421
        This website is not written by English.
        Reply With Quote
          #679   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old March 18th, 2016 (6:44 AM).
        Salamence™'s Avatar
        Salamence™ Salamence™ is offline
        Gen 3♥
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Location: On earth
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 152
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Poke_Spirit View Post
          Seriously?.. it has been so long and no update.. does no one care about hacking the ds maps? is it that hard?..
          Hacking ds maps you know its 3d maps intead of 2d mapping like gen 3.... On the github page there commes few updates. Its also hard working on a big program like that..
          __________________

          The best starter ever <3.<3
          Reply With Quote
            #680   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old March 20th, 2016 (8:30 AM).
          YORAMRW YORAMRW is offline
          8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
             
            Join Date: Oct 2012
            Location: Netherlands
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 48
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by KJGungeon View Post
            Check out my R/S/E works for Pokemon Black. Just recently came back into the Hacking Scene.
            The goal is to be able to make a RSE Base Rom for people to use.

            Video Here:
            Good work, but the trees need to be improved. Maybe thought about replacing the 2D fake trees with the acual tree models used in original B/W maps?
            __________________
            Professional Pokémon music hacker and the composer of epic 8-bit devamps
            Reply With Quote
              #681   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old March 28th, 2016 (3:05 PM).
            MeroMero's Avatar
            MeroMero MeroMero is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2014
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 53
              I noticed some mistakes that happen with HGSS (but not DPPt) when trying to change the Wild Pokémon:
              _Saving on any given Wild map will swap the third and fourth rows' levels for the Pokémon you get by Walking;
              _Surfing rate is not read at all;
              _In place of the Surfing rate SMSDE reads instead the max level for the 1% row while surfing;
              _Saving on any given Wild map will save that value on both the Surfing rate and the 1% Surfing row max level bytes.


              Here are the lines you want to check in Form9 Wild Editor.cs:
              Code:
              line 1014 should be numericUpDown22.Value = readWild.ReadByte()
              line 1437 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown68.Value)
              line 1438 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown67.Value)
              line 1014 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown22.Value)
              Reply With Quote
                #682   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old April 14th, 2016 (6:00 PM).
              nwh212's Avatar
              nwh212 nwh212 is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 17
                You, sir, are a god, but unfortunately I've got a problem.
                See, I use blender, and I imported a map I was going to edit (from HGSS) When the map showed up in blender, everything was textureless... That wouldn't be a problem, except for the paths and flowers on the ground... I really don't want to have to get used to a different modeling program, please help. Thanks.
                __________________
                This signature has been disabled.
                Exceeds signature dimension size limit
                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                Reply With Quote
                  #683   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old April 14th, 2016 (6:35 PM).
                nwh212's Avatar
                nwh212 nwh212 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: May 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 17
                  nevermind, i had textures off

                  forgive me for being stupid XD
                  __________________
                  This signature has been disabled.
                  Exceeds signature dimension size limit
                  Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                  You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                  Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #684   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old April 22nd, 2016 (12:01 PM).
                  7H3LaughingMan 7H3LaughingMan is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2016
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 2
                    I am having some issues using this tool with SoulSilver. For some reason it is showing that New Bark Town uses Texture 15, but that is not correct. The trees that are part of Texture 15 aren't the correct ones.


                    Reply With Quote
                      #685   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old June 11th, 2016 (2:55 PM).
                    Poke_Spirit's Avatar
                    Poke_Spirit Poke_Spirit is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 179
                      Project is dead..
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #686   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old August 15th, 2016 (3:58 PM).
                      rhh91 rhh91 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2016
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 2
                        I'm fairly new to this modding community and I am interested in using SDME but I keep getting an error once I try loading a rom. I have downloaded SoulSilver, HeartGold, Diamond, and Platinum. I have downloaded the roms from multiple websites so I don't think they are corrupt. Am I supposed to convert the file or anything like that? Any Help is appreciated.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #687   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old August 17th, 2016 (6:44 AM).
                        Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                        Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                        The Legendary Master of &lt;font color=&quot;#D8D48C&quot;&gt;Light&lt;/font&gt;!
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2008
                        Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Calm
                        Posts: 1,583
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by rhh91 View Post
                        I'm fairly new to this modding community and I am interested in using SDME but I keep getting an error once I try loading a rom. I have downloaded SoulSilver, HeartGold, Diamond, and Platinum. I have downloaded the roms from multiple websites so I don't think they are corrupt. Am I supposed to convert the file or anything like that? Any Help is appreciated.
                        Alrighty, first of all, download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, then make sure SDSME is at the root of the C:\ directory. Secondly, run the program as Administrator (you can also make it permanent by right clicking SDSME, click properties, click compatibility tab and select "Always run as Administrator" box, then click OK).

                        That should solve most of the problems that you currently have. I hope it helps! ^^
                        __________________
                        [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                        If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                        Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                        It's time to change the future...
                        to a positive direction!

                        Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                        I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                        Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #688   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old August 18th, 2016 (2:22 PM).
                        rhh91 rhh91 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2016
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 2
                          Thank you, that really helped. Any advice on where to find a good tutorial?
                          Reply With Quote
                            #689   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old August 20th, 2016 (3:15 AM).
                          Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                          Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                          The Legendary Master of &lt;font color=&quot;#D8D48C&quot;&gt;Light&lt;/font&gt;!
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                          Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 1,583
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by rhh91 View Post
                          Thank you, that really helped. Any advice on where to find a good tutorial?
                          If you need a good tutorial on how to use SDSME, I did make a tutorial on how to use the movement permissions as well as exporting and importing models, as well as editing them. I hope my tutorial helps ^^
                          __________________
                          [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                          If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                          Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                          It's time to change the future...
                          to a positive direction!

                          Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                          I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                          Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                          Reply With Quote
                            #690   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old August 23rd, 2016 (9:42 AM).
                          Argnam's Avatar
                          Argnam Argnam is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 2
                            Hi guys, the Download link is down. Is it just for me or is it happenning with someone else?
                            __________________
                            3DS Friend Code: 2595-1292-6536
                            Reply With Quote
                              #691   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old August 23rd, 2016 (10:37 AM).
                            Hiro TDK Hiro TDK is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2015
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 47
                              Seems to work fine for me. Either way, the GitHub link will always work.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #692   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old September 7th, 2016 (12:15 AM).
                              emilin_rose's Avatar
                              emilin_rose emilin_rose is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2008
                                Posts: 101
                                can someone tell me how to look up a specific map?

                                I can make it go from the header to the wild pokes or events, but i can't figure out how to change the map from there.

                                it's frustrating, because i'm tired of looking through 600+ maps trying all 60+ tilesets to see if its the right map.
                                __________________
                                Project Concerto is starting up again, slowly but surely.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #693   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old April 7th, 2018 (6:57 PM).
                                Buffel Saft's Avatar
                                Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 443
                                  I've been working on fixing a few of the bugs in some of SDSME's editors recently and figured I'd share my updated source code.

                                  So far I've done the following:
                                  • Fixed the DPPt wild editor; it now saves fishing encounters to the correct location and doesn't corrupt encounter data
                                  • Added ball capsule (all gen IV games) and ability (HGSS only) editors to the trainer editor. This data was being overwritten in earlier versions
                                  • Rearranged the trainer selection box; you can now search for a trainer by name instead of having to scroll through the entire list, as in pk3DS
                                  • Added auto-suggestion to all wild Pokemon and trainer editor combo boxes (e.g. typing "ea" in a move selection box will bring up Earthquake instead of Ember followed by Absorb)

                                  I'm currently working on getting the script editor to actually save changes, though the code is hard to read so it's going to take some time. Once I've fixed all the bugs I plan to add a few more editors to SDSME, such as move, item and Pokemon editors.

                                  Source is available here: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/SDSME

                                  There are no compiled versions right now, and some of the modified UIs are a bit messy, but everything I've modified should be safe to use.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by MeroMero View Post
                                  I noticed some mistakes that happen with HGSS (but not DPPt) when trying to change the Wild Pokémon:
                                  _Saving on any given Wild map will swap the third and fourth rows' levels for the Pokémon you get by Walking;
                                  _Surfing rate is not read at all;
                                  _In place of the Surfing rate SMSDE reads instead the max level for the 1% row while surfing;
                                  _Saving on any given Wild map will save that value on both the Surfing rate and the 1% Surfing row max level bytes.


                                  Here are the lines you want to check in Form9 Wild Editor.cs:
                                  Code:
                                  line 1014 should be numericUpDown22.Value = readWild.ReadByte()
                                  line 1437 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown68.Value)
                                  line 1438 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown67.Value)
                                  line 1014 should be writeWild.Write((byte)numericUpDown22.Value)
                                  I've also included all of these fixes except the last one due to the typo, though I'll get that sorted too at some point. If you still know which line that code was supposed to be on, and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
                                  -snip-
                                  I know this is a long shot, but if you're still around Spiky, I'd appreciate a chance to ask you a few questions about the source code.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #694   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old October 24th, 2018 (12:03 PM).
                                  Matthewtheman Matthewtheman is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2015
                                    Location: NH
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Posts: 12
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                                    I've been working on fixing a few of the bugs in some of SDSME's editors recently and figured I'd share my updated source code.

                                    So far I've done the following:
                                    • Fixed the DPPt wild editor; it now saves fishing encounters to the correct location and doesn't corrupt encounter data
                                    • Added ball capsule (all gen IV games) and ability (HGSS only) editors to the trainer editor. This data was being overwritten in earlier versions
                                    • Rearranged the trainer selection box; you can now search for a trainer by name instead of having to scroll through the entire list, as in pk3DS
                                    • Added auto-suggestion to all wild Pokemon and trainer editor combo boxes (e.g. typing "ea" in a move selection box will bring up Earthquake instead of Ember followed by Absorb)

                                    I'm currently working on getting the script editor to actually save changes, though the code is hard to read so it's going to take some time. Once I've fixed all the bugs I plan to add a few more editors to SDSME, such as move, item and Pokemon editors.

                                    Source is available here: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/SDSME

                                    There are no compiled versions right now, and some of the modified UIs are a bit messy, but everything I've modified should be safe to use.


                                    I've also included all of these fixes except the last one due to the typo, though I'll get that sorted too at some point. If you still know which line that code was supposed to be on, and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.


                                    I know this is a long shot, but if you're still around Spiky, I'd appreciate a chance to ask you a few questions about the source code.
                                    Hey, how do I like, apply or whatever the updated source code you did?
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #695   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old October 24th, 2018 (2:32 PM).
                                    Buffel Saft's Avatar
                                    Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 443
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Matthewtheman View Post
                                      Hey, how do I like, apply or whatever the updated source code you did?
                                      You'd have to download the source code and compile it using Visual Studio, which is a free but kinda big download. Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a while, I plan to have a compiled release with a fixed script editor uploaded sometime in the next two weeks once my exams are over.
                                      __________________
                                      My Hacks:
                                      XY: Eternal X & Wilting Y (link to download)
                                      USUM: Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon (link to download)

                                      Resources:
                                      Gen IV move editor (Nightmare module)
                                      Platinum decapitalisation patch/files
                                      Updated SDSME (in progress)
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #696   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old October 25th, 2018 (2:57 PM).
                                      bruno051's Avatar
                                      bruno051 bruno051 is offline
                                      Bruno051
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2016
                                        Location: Italy
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 9
                                        Can you make a sort of "Music Associate" ?... Like Towns....

                                        But we can associate music to specific trainer classes.... Like Youngster boy i want associate to Youngster Class the Twinleaf Town OST.... So if we add new trainer class... and i add new song to the SDAT File... we can associate new files or original files to specific class.
                                        __________________
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #697   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old October 26th, 2018 (7:19 AM).
                                        Matthewtheman Matthewtheman is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2015
                                          Location: NH
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Posts: 12
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                                          You'd have to download the source code and compile it using Visual Studio, which is a free but kinda big download. Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a while, I plan to have a compiled release with a fixed script editor uploaded sometime in the next two weeks once my exams are over.
                                          Yeah I can wait. I do have Visual Studio but by the time I plan to test this tool out you should have the compiled release up.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #698   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old November 8th, 2018 (9:07 PM).
                                          Buffel Saft's Avatar
                                          Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2013
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 443
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                                            You'd have to download the source code and compile it using Visual Studio, which is a free but kinda big download. Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a while, I plan to have a compiled release with a fixed script editor uploaded sometime in the next two weeks once my exams are over.
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Matthewtheman View Post
                                            Yeah I can wait. I do have Visual Studio but by the time I plan to test this tool out you should have the compiled release up.
                                            Just a quick update on this: I've released a compiled version for anyone who wants it, but haven't been able to get the script editor working yet. I was hoping that the function that saves changes to scripts was the only major problem with 1.9.0's editor, but it seems that other parts of it are broken as well. I haven't been able to identify which parts just yet, so it may be quite some time before I can get a fix up.
                                            __________________
                                            My Hacks:
                                            XY: Eternal X & Wilting Y (link to download)
                                            USUM: Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon (link to download)

                                            Resources:
                                            Gen IV move editor (Nightmare module)
                                            Platinum decapitalisation patch/files
                                            Updated SDSME (in progress)
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #699   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old November 9th, 2018 (11:44 AM).
                                            Matthewtheman Matthewtheman is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Sep 2015
                                              Location: NH
                                              Gender: Female
                                              Posts: 12
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
                                              Just a quick update on this: I've released a compiled version for anyone who wants it, but haven't been able to get the script editor working yet. I was hoping that the function that saves changes to scripts was the only major problem with 1.9.0's editor, but it seems that other parts of it are broken as well. I haven't been able to identify which parts just yet, so it may be quite some time before I can get a fix up.
                                              Ooh, I'll take the compiled release. Wasn't planning on editing scripts anyway.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                              Ad Content
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:28 AM.