• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
One of the best best best gbc hacks so far incuding prism....ive been playing this game since i had a small keypad phone...i truly love this game...jst wanted to know that is it still in update or its closed? cause last update was in 2014

P.S. im not asking miksy to hurry up....jst wanted to knw that itnis still alive right?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
One of the best best best gbc hacks so far incuding prism....ive been playing this game since i had a small keypad phone...i truly love this game...jst wanted to know that is it still in update or its closed? cause last update was in 2014

P.S. im not asking miksy to hurry up....jst wanted to knw that itnis still alive right?
Thank you :) And thanks to everyone else who has been commeting in the meantime while I've been away as well!

Last real update I have given was in august 2016 when I released this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utIQad6RL2Q&t=1s) about stuff I had completed since Beta 4.1. Most of them were improvements to the original functionality of the game (for example allowing wild pokemon to have level variety), or gameplay ("helper events", battle simulator to name a few). I also finished working on the mining sidequest for beta 4.1. part (unreachable sidequest which can however be seen in its early phases in AxmanAMV's let's play (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEB2GZktAE&t=1095s)).

After that point, I didn't really get much done until last summer or so. Then I mostly focused on getting myself "back on track" (what have I done the last time, what kind of storyline improvements I have yet to do etc.). Didn't actually manage to do actual hacking then, but spend quite a while planning further ideas and storyline. These are all well-written down also.

Now during Christmas time, I bought myself better tools (good display & keyboard) to use along with a laptop for hacking. I also managed to once again get back into hacking mood, and in the past two weeks, managed to complete the next two areas in the game after Harbor Town (the next town accessable after Granaldo City like explained in the first video I linked above).

So basically lots to do for beta 5 if I end up including Team Darkness HQ in it (the castle-like building seen on the East-Suden map), but I've been motivated to work on the hack for the past couple of weeks, so the plan is to keep the same thing going :)
But there is a possibility that beta 5 will be released later this year. After all, it didn't took me very long to for example get beta 4.0 done after beta 3.0 and there was lots of content in between (beta 3 was only up to Argent Warehouse if I remember correctly).

Last edited:
Years
Miksy I can't wait for beta 5 to come out I know is gonna be super intense. Also you should make it so we can trade the giant onix to the one guy for a great pokemon

miksy91

Years
Miksy I can't wait for beta 5 to come out I know is gonna be super intense. Also you should make it so we can trade the giant onix to the one guy for a great pokemon
Are you talking about the gentleman in the trading house or the hiker in Centralgate City PC ? Or perhaps neither? Nevertheless, at least for now, I haven't intended Super Onix to be a pokemon you would trade to another one.

Update time!

Been making great progress during the past week. There were yet a few things to be done with the areas after Harbor Town I mentioned in my earlier post, and those have been finished. I have also almost completed the next town already, and might even upload a video of a certain sidequest you can do there later on. That's not done yet, so I'll do that possibly when it finally is.

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Got that next town done I mentioned in my previous post. I also uploaded a video about a sidequest you can do there along with some non-sidequest related talk.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
This question is for Miksy91. I know you're still working on beta 5, but can you send me a patch of whatever you got so far of beta 5, so I can play it on the actual hardware? If you were planning on someone to play it on hardware, I can totally do that, that's not a problem.

miksy91

Years
Nice to know things are going forward have things progressed more after this video?
Things haven't really progressed much after this video. I have been very busy with school (have had with even more work than at the moment), part-time job, and other things. Even now, a certain seminar course is taking quite a lot of my spare time. That (along with the rest of studies in this Spring) will be over in a month or so though, so after that I'm certainly going to make faster progress. Until then, I'll try to get something more done like the following two routes.
This question is for Miksy91. I know you're still working on beta 5, but can you send me a patch of whatever you got so far of beta 5, so I can play it on the actual hardware? If you were planning on someone to play it on hardware, I can totally do that, that's not a problem.
I think it would be somewhat unfair if I sent you a patch file directly and not to share it others as well. I was however thinking (like a year ago) of putting up an additional release before the whole content planned for beta 5, but at the moment, have less plans of doing so. It hopefully won't take that long to get actual beta 5 done, so once I'm done with that, you can transfer the hack into an actual hardware :)
Oh, wow. This looks amazing. I've always wanted something like this in Pokemon, and now I've found it. You, my friend, have just made my day.
Thank you E-cat420! :)

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Things haven't really progressed much after this video. I have been very busy with school (have had with even more work than at the moment), part-time job, and other things. Even now, a certain seminar course is taking quite a lot of my spare time. That (along with the rest of studies in this Spring) will be over in a month or so though, so after that I'm certainly going to make faster progress. Until then, I'll try to get something more done like the following two routes.

I think it would be somewhat unfair if I sent you a patch file directly and not to share it others as well. I was however thinking (like a year ago) of putting up an additional release before the whole content planned for beta 5, but at the moment, have less plans of doing so. It hopefully won't take that long to get actual beta 5 done, so once I'm done with that, you can transfer the hack into an actual hardware :)

Thank you E-cat420! :)

Man! I'm so glad that you've returned! When I first played this hack I was in school and now I'm in my second year of college! Hopefuly everything goes well! Will you be adding the 60 fps speed that Prisim has?

miksy91

Years
Man! I'm so glad that you've returned! When I first played this hack I was in school and now I'm in my second year of college! Hopefuly everything goes well! Will you be adding the 60 fps speed that Prisim has?
Thank you! :)

I don't think I'll bew adding that feature as it's more tedious to code new features straight into a rom. Koolboyman with his team coded that along with lots of other features into a more user-friendly editable disassembly (which could anytime be compiled into a rom file).

Also what comes to my previous post, looks like I won't really have time to work on DE this month. I have a strict deadline of a certain course at 30th of April, but after that, there won't be anything stopping me from working on DE during evenings and weekends if I just feel like doing so :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024

This question is for miksy91. Are you on discord by any chance? If you are, can you send me an invite to your channel?

miksy91

Years
Wow my name is Michael what a coincidence lol. Thanks for the video
My name is not Michael though, but close enough! :) Also starting with "Mi".
Also sure, no prob!

I actually happened to release yet another video after that in my Youtube channel on 1st of April. Created an April Fools themed hack which wasn't related to Dark Energy though. Feel free to check that out as well if you like :)

This question is for miksy91. Are you on discord by any chance? If you are, can you send me an invite to your channel?
Nope, not on Discord. At least not yet. Could be a cool idea to have Dark Energy related channel there though, so guess I'll eventually think about it :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
My name is not Michael though, but close enough! :) Also starting with "Mi".
Also sure, no prob!

I actually happened to release yet another video after that in my Youtube channel on 1st of April. Created an April Fools themed hack which wasn't related to Dark Energy though. Feel free to check that out as well if you like :)

Nope, not on Discord. At least not yet. Could be a cool idea to have Dark Energy related channel there though, so guess I'll eventually think about it :)

Let me know when you're on Discord

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 15, 2018
I'm so lost, can't find the last page for the magic book ! I found the pages in Milky Village, in the Sage Tower, after a little lake, in the scientist side quest, another that I don't remember where I fpund it, and can't find the last !

If someone could give me a little hint, I would be happy !

miksy91

Years
Let me know when you're on Discord
Meant earlier that I'll think about putting up a server there. But sure - I'll at least post here if I happen to put up up and if I remember to inform you personally, I could do that too.

I'm so lost, can't find the last page for the magic book ! I found the pages in Milky Village, in the Sage Tower, after a little lake, in the scientist side quest, another that I don't remember where I fpund it, and can't find the last !

If someone could give me a little hint, I would be happy !
Had to think for a while myself where all the pages are located in beta 4.1... Five of the six locations have stayed the same in my current in-development release, but Neal won't give you one after beating him in the Grand Tower in the future releases.

Nevertheless, there are 2 ones you could be missing. One is located in Area 101 (you only need to Surf to get it so it's pretty straightforward and I assume you already have that one). The other one is trickier. In Cave of Illusions you were supposed to follow that thief to the hideout. There is one actually in that hideout. To acquire it, you can enter the cave from Yellowleaf Town and from the entrance, go first Up, then Left, Up, Right and Down in that order.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 15, 2018
Meant earlier that I'll think about putting up a server there. But sure - I'll at least post here if I happen to put up up and if I remember to inform you personally, I could do that too.

Had to think for a while myself where all the pages are located in beta 4.1... Five of the six locations have stayed the same in my current in-development release, but Neal won't give you one after beating him in the Grand Tower in the future releases.

Nevertheless, there are 2 ones you could be missing. One is located in Area 101 (you only need to Surf to get it so it's pretty straightforward and I assume you already have that one). The other one is trickier. In Cave of Illusions you were supposed to follow that thief to the hideout. There is one actually in that hideout. To acquire it, you can enter the cave from Yellowleaf Town and from the entrance, go first Up, then Left, Up, Right and Down in that order.

I have 5 pages, and I already found the two pages you just mentionned, even in the Cave of Illusions. I got the Milky one, the Neal one and also the scientist one. Can't find the last... but I don't want an explicit answer aha ! In any case, your hack is just amazing, the best I have ever played, thank you ! I hope beta 5 is coming soon ;) cheers from France

miksy91

Years
I have 5 pages, and I already found the two pages you just mentionned, even in the Cave of Illusions. I got the Milky one, the Neal one and also the scientist one. Can't find the last... but I don't want an explicit answer aha ! In any case, your hack is just amazing, the best I have ever played, thank you ! I hope beta 5 is coming soon ;) cheers from France
Thank you for the kind words too! :)

Hmm.. I wonder how I should help then :smile:
Well - as two hints, I interpreted two specific words of your previous post wrong and thus thought you had already gotten this page. Also drawers sometimes have treasures in them (as example of one, check the one downstairs at player's home).

Good luck in finding the last page! :)

Beta 5 will hopefully come later this year. At the mid-summer / end of summer, I can probably estimate better, when everything up till beta 5 will eventually be done. I can after all work on the hack more during May and summer time than during spring and fall.

Last edited:
Back