• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How underleveled have you been when defeating the E4?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I just defeated the E4 in VC Crystal, and my lowest leveled Pok?mon was 37 and my highest 41 upon defeating Lance. Lance's Pok?mon range between 44-50. I'd say I was only slightly underleveled.

Have you ever been significantly underleveled, and still won?

Last edited:
Years
Well, i have beaten blue with my level 59-60 team in pok?mon blue, and i still won, but in pok?mon red i needed to grind my team atleast at level 65.
My lowest level were 58 and my highest is 59-60 in pok?mon blue as i said before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I don't like grinding in these games, so usually one member of my team will be level 50, with the rest being low level 40's.

I didn't grind to beat Red either in Silver, but still managed to beat him with a team of low level 50's.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I think the lowest levels I got was when I beat the E4 in Blue with three Pokemon around level 45. Technically I had four, however I never actually needed to use the fourth one.

I also beat Red in Gold with Pokemon at level ~50, though that really was a pain in the ass to pull of.

In White I also had a team of around level 50 mons when I beat the league. I had to get creative in order to win the final battle.

Guest123_x1

In Generation I, I would try to get my team to at least Level 55 before I'd challenge the Elite Four. By the time I'd get through past Lance, I'd still be at least 5 levels behind Champion Blue's Pokemon, and 10 levels behind his fully-evolved starter, which wasn't a problem at all back then.

Given the increased difficulty of the battles in Gold/Silver, I'd grind my team members to level 50 before I'd enter the first battle, though I probably would have gotten away with level 45-47 upon starting with Will.

In Alpha Sapphire, my team was around level 60 before starting the Elite Four, otherwise I wouldn't stand a chance against Steven's Mega Metagross.

So no, I haven't been underleveled for the League post-Gen I.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2019
I honestly always gotten by with a team with levels of half of them in early 50s and the other half around 47-49. I don't know so much about the newer games though, I haven't played past Gen5

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I was probably around the 40s in Black, but I don't remember well. That was a long time ago... Though I recently finished a Soul Silver run with 46-48s.

I remember using a Starmie, which was a pain without Psychic-Type moves -.-'

Oh yeah, my team in LG was in the late 50s as well, so I guess that's it

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
well i wouldnt say won, so to say, but my first ever playthrough of a pokemon game, pokemon black, my team comp was terrible, and my lowest level pokemon was simipour and i dont know if it was lvl 14 or 24, i lost spectacularly

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 2, 2018
Playing Blue on the Virtual Console, my highest leveled was a lvl 45 Charizard, and lowest a 36 Victreebel, as of E4 and Champion.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I have OCD about levelling up, so mine are always 50+ I try not to let them get over level 60 though, that kinda takes the fun out of it.

Back