• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
I've been working on the Trainer Card for the last few days. Here is a preview:

RtgRBJB.png
6fjpip4.png

As you can see, I've made it where the Gym Leader's portrait isn't shown until after you've met them. This is to avoid spoilers.

The Trainer Card also now changes color depending on your player's color:

VxGx5Y9.png
LTpZDC9.png

tqw1gYu.png
vjV3DGH.png

Let me know what you think!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I've been working on the Trainer Card for the last few days. Here is a preview:

RtgRBJB.png
6fjpip4.png

As you can see, I've made it where the Gym Leader's portrait isn't shown until after you've met them. This is to avoid spoilers.

The Trainer Card also now changes color depending on your player's color:

VxGx5Y9.png
LTpZDC9.png

tqw1gYu.png
vjV3DGH.png

Let me know what you think!

Amazing?!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Will we meet certain Gym Leaders before challenging their Gym?

I have the story events done for up through the first 3 Gym Leaders, and as of now, you meet all 3 of them before you fight them. I want the Leaders to feel more like actual characters. Kinda like a "character of the day" from the anime.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Hey, the hack looks sweet. I love the traditional style to it a lot.

I was wondering you if you need any additional music work done. I've been studying Go Ichinose's music a lot lately and would love to contribute some music to a project like this if you're interested in discussing it further.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
I have new info on Coral I'd like to share!

First off, I made a title screen sequence. Here it is in action:

As you can see, I've redesigned the logo.

I'm also showing off a new area. It's a haunted woods area that works almost exactly like Forever Forest from Paper Mario. You have to keep an eye out for clues to find your way through the forest. One wrong turn, and you get sent back to the entrance.

Here is a map of the area (spoilers in case you want to figure it out on your own):
Spoiler:

Next, here are the next two Gym Leaders:

The Master Fisherman, Rodney:
Type: Water
EkJ7ngP.png

The Brutally Beautiful, Leilani:
Type: Grass
86t9jhM.png

Lastly, I've updated the map. I added the new forest area in the Northeast, and I redesigned Sunbeam Island, as I wasn't happy with it's older design. The entrance on the right side of the island leads to a jungle that serves as the Gym, and the clearing is where the leader is fought.

Attachments

• coralworld.png
    coralworld.png
    482.2 KB · Views: 46

realmordred

Mordred
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
The game looks awesome! I love gbc hacks and I WILL be following this thread oWo

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
I have new info on Coral I'd like to share!

First off, I made a title screen sequence. Here it is in action:

As you can see, I've redesigned the logo.

I'm also showing off a new area. It's a haunted woods area that works almost exactly like Forever Forest from Paper Mario. You have to keep an eye out for clues to find your way through the forest. One wrong turn, and you get sent back to the entrance.

Here is a map of the area (spoilers in case you want to figure it out on your own):
Spoiler:

Next, here are the next two Gym Leaders:

The Master Fisherman, Rodney:
Type: Water
EkJ7ngP.png

The Brutally Beautiful, Leilani:
Type: Grass
86t9jhM.png

Lastly, I've updated the map. I added the new forest area in the Northeast, and I redesigned Sunbeam Island, as I wasn't happy with it's older design. The entrance on the right side of the island leads to a jungle that serves as the Gym, and the clearing is where the leader is fought.

Hey coraldev! I'm so excited for the second version of Coral. Looks like it won't be long until the release. Are you going to release it this month or next month?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Hey coraldev! I'm so excited for the second version of Coral. Looks like it won't be long until the release. Are you going to release it this month or next month?

I don't know when the second demo will come out, if one even does. I'm not too focused on making more demos. I want to get the full game done.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
I don't know when the second demo will come out, if one even does. I'm not too focused on making more demos. I want to get the full game done.

That's probably a better idea to make the full game instead of another short demo. If you're looking for beta testers to test out little parts of Coral while it's in the development stage, I'd be happy to test it out, since I really enjoy the story and game a lot. Please let me know if that can be possible.

Years
Bro, you made me create an account here just to comment on my satisfaction and love for this hack rom, I look forward to it being ready and I can play the full experience! Do not give up, this hack has potential enough to be the best of 2018

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
Its been a while since i've last seen your updates, they are very amazing. Can't wait for future updates. Good luck with schools/exams you got this

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
This demo was absolutely OUTSTANDING! Highly recommend playing this demo without the speedup button. Way better to play it without it!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Some new maps. These go at the top right of the current map.

The bottom map is a Dodrio Ranch where there you can ride a Dodrio and do a time trial around the track for a special reward.

In the top map, you can take a train to another town, but you can also go along the tracks on foot to explore the tunnel.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Love the demo can't wait for full release! I did notice that when you talk to someone in places like pokemon centers or gates, certain tiles would have quotation marks on them and wouldn't go away until you left the building.

Back