• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What was your favorite Pokémon MOVIE?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I've seen the first movie easily over 100 times, because when I was a kid it was that sorta thing where I'd watch it almost every single day, and I saw it in the theaters five times. My poor family.

I loved the Lugia movie too, it was my favorite until the Lucario move came out - that one is really good IMO.

I think those three are my favorites, and some of the newer movies I haven't seen, so I can't judge. The ones I have seen were cute but not favs!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I love two Pokemon films about equally as my favorites.

And those two are Pokemon: I Choose You! The Movie and Pokemon: Jirachi Wishmaker :3

Both are awesome movies that i've first saw on very nostalgic for me years (2004 and 2017). I also like the signature legendaries for those movies a lot too (aka, Jirachi and Marshadow).

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
They're all fine in one way or another, but I tend to enjoy movies with pretty visuals, so I really liked the BW/XY ones

Story-wise, I'd probably go with the first three

BZRich64

The Mustachioed Machamp
Years
I'd have to go with the original, partly out of nostalgia and partly because I feel like it works a lot better than a lot of the others.
Overall I feel that the original series movies were some of the best, the gen 3 movies were alright, the gen IV trilogy was neat and after that they just got boring and repetitive. I haven't seen the anniversary reboot yet so I don't really have an opinion on that one yet.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Can I say just the opening song of the first movie? That whole battle. That's the only part of any I still like at all. And my VHS copy wore out at that due to how much I watched just that one part as a kid.

Last edited:
Years
Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown will always be my favorite. I used to watch it all the time as a child. But I also like Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction. I really like the XY and XYZ anime, and X/Y have easily become my favorite games, so I think that's why I like it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Hmm... I'd probably say the first five, if only because they at least try to have them be actual movies and stories in their own right instead of excuses for advertising the latest Mythical Pokémon distribution, which is unfortunately a trend for Pokémon movies starting with Jirachi Wishmaker.

Other than that, the only other movie I might have been fond of is the Manaphy movie, mostly because the concept of Samiya was definitely intriguing (shame they didn't bring Misty in [she was a better fit than May was as a lead, to be honest] and ended up really making May do bad in the climax, though. That movie could have redeemed her, but alas, Ash saved the day again because May let Phantom abduct Manaphy like a coward and made no effort to even aid Ash in saving what was effectively her child.).

Of course, I'm hesitant to use the term favorite thanks to Toy Story.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
First five movies are memorable in that they have the Original trio of Ash, Misty and Brock(barring Tracey replacing Brock in 2nd because writers had a stick up their arse for unfounded reasons). However, if I had to pick a favorite, I'm actually fond of the Diancie movie. Not only is this Rock/Fairy Pokemon unique but it had a Yin/Yang feel to it when it came to Xerneas and Yvetal. Plus it was the best movie of the three involving the XY group(Hoopa and Volcanion... not so much). Bonus points for it having Astrid.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Plot wise, the movie where Ash goes off to rescue his mother, it's not some bullshit movie where it's like oh look Ash the 10 year old boy, you are the only person who can save the world. No, in that movie Ash goes to save his mother, it's his own personal issue, not some "the world is gonna end" cliche movie.

Years
Definitely Pokémon 2000. I loved how Articuno was the only bird that didn't get captured out of the 4 of them, 'The Power of One' is amazing and PokéShipping 4 lyf.

Also I was very pleasantly surprised by how good the Sinnoh movies were. I really enjoyed that a plot continued over the course of 3 movies.

Years
my favorite must be the manaphy movie. idk what i like about it but if you offer me a pokemon movie to watch i'll 100% pick the manaphy movie

Years
I do have a fondness for the first 4, definitely. Of those 4, I'd probably say Pokemon 2000 would be my favorite.

But one of my other favorites is probably the Shaymin one. :]

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
The best is the hoopa's movie . All the legendary Pokemon gather and fight against each other. It has great action

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I have two. And they both came to the states on very special years for me as well....

Pokemon Jirachi Wishmaker (which came out in 2004, the year i was pretty much only into pokemon and just ran a super epic pokemon forum and oh man it was awesome)
and
Pokemon: I Choose You The Movie! (which came out last year, the same year I got into korrina. which is also super special to me :D <3)

Also the overall stories and stuff for those movies just pulled at my heart strings.

I also like Lucario and Keldeo's movies a lot, cuz, I like Lucario and Keldeo a lot xD But the first two movies really are the best to me (and actually lucario is in i choose you too lol even if his role isn't so big xD)

Back