• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Let's GO Challenge

Years

tumblr_pavc4rV9Uu1twcrzio1_400.png
tumblr_pavc4rV9Uu1twcrzio2_400.png

Pokémon Let's GO Challenge!

What's This?
New games were just announced. Let's GO Pikachu and Let's GO Eevee. It'll still be few months before they're released. So let's shorten the time with this Challenge.

General rules:
  • All main series games are allowed as well as hacks.
  • You're allowed to trade/hack only for the evolution. You can also hack 1 item for the evolution, if you can't get it before the E4.
  • This challenge ends when you beat Champion of your game or Red in Johto or Alder in Black/White.
  • Your preferred game is Let's SMELL Weezing (to make sure you've read the rules).
  • You can't use any Legendary or Mythical Pokémon.
  • You CAN'T attack Pokémon that you want to catch. Catching works like in Pokémon GO/Safari Zones. If you hurt the Pokémon, you can't catch it.
  • You can do Ultimate run - By doing this challenge in every region.
  • Your team must be consisted of the Pokémon bellow:

Team:
  • Pikachu/Eevee OR any of the Pikachu's clones or Eeveelutions.
  • Pokémon that is smaller that 1 meter (3'03") that you would like to ride on your head/shoulder. You can see the list here.
  • One Pokémon that can be caught BEFORE 1st Gym. Because how else do you want to beat Brock?
  • Pokémon that you wouldn't like to follow you. Hypno, Arbok, Electrode... Whatever you fear fits this slot.
  • Any Pokémon that was seen in the trailer (including their evolutions)*.
  • Go to the Pokémon GO and catch a Pokémon there. Use this Pokémon on your team. If you don't play GO, you can either ask someone to catch Pokémon for you in their game, use another Kanto Pokémon or Pokémon of your choice.

*If any of the Pokémon aren't available in your game use either another Kanto Pokémon or any Pokémon of your choice.

Sign-up:
Name:
Preferred title:
Game:
Single/Ultimate:

My sign-up:
Spoiler:

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Name: SorveteQuente
Preferred title: Let's SMELL Weezing
Games: Volt White 2, Storm Silver
Single/Ultimate: Single

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Figure I'd follow your lead on Yellow version ^_^

Username:CodeHelmet
Game:Yellow
Single challenge

Also my team will likely be the following:

pikachu-f.png
vaporeon.png
ninetales.png
starmie.png
sandslash.png
pidgeot.png

Pikachu starter, Vaporeon as the Eevee representative, Ninetales for my Pokemon GO representative(I don't play it but that's my pick for sentimental reasons), Starmie and Pidgeot were in the trailer and I fear Sandslash's porcupine features lol. Catching Pidgey shouldn't be too difficult but Sandshrew and Staryu are another thing entirely. Would be easier if we could use status moves like sleep and paralysis but I take it that's considered to be harming the Pokemon. Anyways... I should be done by Sunday ;)

Years
I'll participate, it sounds fun.

Name: Radboy
Preferred Title: Let's SMELL Weezing (Wait)
Game: Platinum
Single/Ultimate: Single.

I've done some team pre-planning. I'll use...
Eevee
Roserade (0.9 m tall)
Luxray (Pre-Gym 1)
Whiscash (Hate catfish)
Magmortar (Magmar appeared in the trailer, it's just hard to spot)
Porygon2 (Don't really play GO often, and it's a Pokemon that I've wanted to use and is 'sort of' symbolic of GO.)

Years

Pokémon LET'S GO in Pokémon Yellow

pikachu.png
raticate.png
nidoqueen.png
victreebel.png
blastoise.png
fearow.png

CHAPTER 1 - Back in 90s

I had time to start this today. Planning my team was pretty easy, because of number of Pokémon available in the game. Pikachu is my Pikachu, Raticate is smaller that 1 meter, Nidoqueen is pre-1st Gym pick, Victreebel is scary enough, Blastoise appeared in the trailer for a brief moment and when I installed and opened GO (for the first time since August 2016) I caught Spearow. And then Ditto after it. So Fearow is my last team member.
I caught Rattata and Nidoran♀ right at the start, on Routes 1 and 22. Rattata went into 4rd Pokéball and Nidoran♀ needed only 2. I'm kinda glad I'll get my team before catching gets harder. Didn't plan that. It just somehow happened.
I trained Nidoran to level 12 and she learned Double Kick, which was my winning condition against Brock. It worked and now I have Boulder Badge.

Team

pikachu.png

Bobby, Pikachu
lvl 12
- Thunder Shock
- Growl
- Quick Attack
- Thunder Wave

rattata.png

Nick, Rattata
lvl 10
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack

nidoranf.png

Ivy, Nidoran♀
lvl 14
- Scratch
- Growl
- Tackle
- Double Kick​

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Figure I'd post my one and only update with a mission complete. Catching Pokemon without weakening them was a particular pain in the A$$. I purposely fought Blue/Gary twice to ensure a Jolteon outcome but also to get five free Pokeballs from Oak. As expected, Pidgey wasn't that hard to catch by needing just two Pokeballs. Much to my surprise though, Sandshrew only took three Pokeballs to catch(thought it would take more) while Staryu was a pain in the butt(requiring 10 Pokeballs despite having a reasonably high catch rate). Got Eevee and Vulpix in Celadon without having to throw a Pokeball(had to win Game Corner coins though for Vulpix). Anyways, here's the cliff notes version of my run:

Brock: Pikachu was the MVP with Double Team and Tail Whip making things so much easier.
Misty: Pikachu again was MVP with Double Team all but making me impervious to Attack. Did take a Tackle and a couple Water Guns(wherein I healed with a Potion). Finished her off with Thundershock.
Lt.Surge: Sandshrew + Dig = OHKO
Sabrina: Decided to skip ahead and battle Sabrina before battling Erika. I used Pikachu again with its infamous Double Team to take advantage of her Abra's lack of Offense. Took a few Thunderbolts but victory was mine.
Erika: Battled Erika like I always do(with Vulpix) and managed to beat two of her Pokemon but she fainted against her Gloom to a critical Pedal Dance. Swapped in Vaporeon who fortunately had the speed edge(downside to Gloom) and finished her off with Ice Beam.
Koga: Koga's Venonats are rarely ever a problem. His Venomoth on the other hand... Ninetales roasted his Venonats and even burned his Venomoth but fell to a Psychic. Swapped in Pidgeot and finished it off with a Wing Attack.
Blaine: Vaporeon in straight sets: 6-0, 6-0, 6-0(had to get a French Open/Tennis shoutout in)
Giovanni: Started with Pidgeot to Sand Attack Dugtrio. Swapped to Starmie and Surfed/Psychic to victory after maxing Evasion via Minimize.
Lorelei: Pikachu rolls after powering up with Double Team. Did take a nasty Bubblebeam though.
Bruno: Started with Sandslash before swapping to Pidgeot for his Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan. Swapped back to Sandslash for other Onix and Machamp.
Agatha: Starmie used Psychic x 5. Uneventful match thanks to Starmie's speed and Psychic Typing.
Lance: Opened with Pidgeot with Sand Attack x 6. Took a Hyper Beam and dodged a Hydro Pump before swapping to Vaporeon. Powered up with Double Team and Acid Armor before sweeping with Surf/Ice Beam.
Blue/Gary: Opened with Pidgeot again with Sand Attack x 6. Swapped to Ninetales with Double Team + Flamethrower to take out four of his Pokemon. Swapped to Sandslash for Ninetales and Jolteon wherein I scored two OHKO's to claim victory.

MVP of run is no contest as I have to go with Sandslash. HM slave with Dig in the times where I had no real counter for Rock Types.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
This challenge will be my first hope i enjoy it :D

Name: JokerH4p
Game: Storm Silver
Single/Ultimate: Single

I'll only do storm silver for now but i will maybe do the ultimate

Years

pikachu.png
raticate.png
nidoqueen.png
victreebel.png
blastoise.png
fearow.png

CHAPTER 2 - Let's BEAT Lt's Surge

Okay, I had some more time to play again. I caught Spearow in 3rd Pokéball, forgot to give it nickname, so I decided to catch another one in 2nd Pokéball - it was 2 levels higher that the 1st one. Yeah, I pulled Paul on the poor Spearow. But it probably found better trainer by now.
Mt. Moon was good place to train and I was able to evolve Ivy to Nidoqueen. This brings back memories.
I got to Cerulean City, beat rival and caught Bellsprout. And it was hardest catch - and the last one. 1st try, I ran out of Pokéballs, so I had to buy about 10 more. On 2nd try, I was able to catch Bellsprout, Gab into 8th Pokéball (from the new 10 I bought).
Misty was easy. Bobby and Gab took care of her.
Next one is Lt. Surge. My team is around level 20, but I have my ace by my side. No, not Bobby... Ivy! With level 23, it was probably lowest I ever beat Lt. Surge.
Before I saved, I got Squirtle Ivan to acompany me on my journey.

Team

pikachu.png

Bobby, Pikachu
lvl 24
- Thunder Shock
- Double Team
- Slam
- Thunder Wave

raticate.png

Nick, Raticate
lvl 22
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Hyper Fang

nidoqueen.png

Ivy, Nidoqueen
lvl 23
- Body Slam
- Growl
- Tackle
- Double Kick

fearow.png

Dave, Fearow
lvl 20
- Peck
- Growl
- Leer
- Fury Attack

bellsprout.png

Gab, Bellsprout
lvl 20
- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
- Cut

squirtle.png

Ivan, Squirtle
lvl 10
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Bubble​

Years

pikachu.png
raticate.png
nidoqueen.png
victreebel.png
blastoise.png
fearow.png

THE END

After training Ivan for a while, he evolved and I decided to slowly progress to Erika. It was finally time for Dave to shine. Underleveled, he won me the battle. Clearing team Rocket was next. It wasn't that hard, mainly because of my main trio of Bobby, Ivy and Ivan. I then decided to change my usual track and went to Fuchsia to challenge Koga before Sabrina. Koga fell to Dave and Ivy, but Sabrina was able to counter with her Alakazam and I almost wiped. Luckily I was able to beat her Alakazam with Nick.
The part after that was kidna boring and not that exciting until E4. I beat both Blain and Giovanni with Ivan.
But the E4 was once again place where I had to go from mashing A to mashing strategy. Lorelei was supposed to be easy because I had Bobby, but she was able to KO him with her Cloyster, so I had to go with plan B - Nick. That rat isn't that bad as you would think.
I was able to counter both Brunno and Agatha with Ivan and Ivy respectively. The fun part was Lance. I won't say anything, just look at this screen after the battle and you'll feel the struggle I had with him. It was 2nd time I thought I'll wipe during this run.
H0J16PC.png
Champion Blue wasn't that hard, I was able to almost always had something super effective against him.
And with that, here's Hall of Fame:
dkiPoIc.png
8FYdNv9.png
0RpqyxN.png
yLaXdJ1.png
0TRCfYK.png
dsBE8NP.png

Ivy and Ivan were MVPs of this run, while Gab was totally useless. I think I haven't used her even once during whole run - aside from training her.

Team

pikachu.png

Bobby, Pikachu
lvl 63
- Thunder Bolt
- Double Team
- Slam
- Thunder Wave

raticate.png

Nick, Raticate
lvl 60
- Dig
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Hyper Fang

nidoqueen.png

Ivy, Nidoqueen
lvl 62
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Strength
- Double Kick

fearow.png

Dave, Fearow
lvl 57
- Drill Peck
- Agility
- Leer
- Fury Attack

victreebel.png

Gab, Victreebel
lvl 59
- Razor Leaf
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
- Cut

blastoise.png

Ivan, Blastoise
lvl 60
- Surf
- Skull Bash
- Bite
- Hydro Pump​

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

pikachu.png
raticate.png
nidoqueen.png
victreebel.png
blastoise.png
fearow.png

THE END

After training Ivan for a while, he evolved and I decided to slowly progress to Erika. It was finally time for Dave to shine. Underleveled, he won me the battle. Clearing team Rocket was next. It wasn't that hard, mainly because of my main trio of Bobby, Ivy and Ivan. I then decided to change my usual track and went to Fuchsia to challenge Koga before Sabrina. Koga fell to Dave and Ivy, but Sabrina was able to counter with her Alakazam and I almost wiped. Luckily I was able to beat her Alakazam with Nick.
The part after that was kidna boring and not that exciting until E4. I beat both Blain and Giovanni with Ivan.
But the E4 was once again place where I had to go from mashing A to mashing strategy. Lorelei was supposed to be easy because I had Bobby, but she was able to KO him with her Cloyster, so I had to go with plan B - Nick. That rat isn't that bad as you would think.
I was able to counter both Brunno and Agatha with Ivan and Ivy respectively. The fun part was Lance. I won't say anything, just look at this screen after the battle and you'll feel the struggle I had with him. It was 2nd time I thought I'll wipe during this run.
H0J16PC.png
Champion Blue wasn't that hard, I was able to almost always had something super effective against him.
And with that, here's Hall of Fame:
dkiPoIc.png
8FYdNv9.png
0RpqyxN.png
yLaXdJ1.png
0TRCfYK.png
dsBE8NP.png

Ivy and Ivan were MVPs of this run, while Gab was totally useless. I think I haven't used her even once during whole run - aside from training her.

Team

pikachu.png

Bobby, Pikachu
lvl 63
- Thunder Bolt
- Double Team
- Slam
- Thunder Wave

raticate.png

Nick, Raticate
lvl 60
- Dig
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Hyper Fang

nidoqueen.png

Ivy, Nidoqueen
lvl 62
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Strength
- Double Kick

fearow.png

Dave, Fearow
lvl 57
- Drill Peck
- Agility
- Leer
- Fury Attack

victreebel.png

Gab, Victreebel
lvl 59
- Razor Leaf
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
- Cut

blastoise.png

Ivan, Blastoise
lvl 60
- Surf
- Skull Bash
- Bite
- Hydro Pump​

Your feelings on Gab are not exclusive to yourself. I find that Grass Types have little value in the end-game unless you use them on Lorelei and her many Water Types and against Bruno's Onix and Fighting Type Pokemon. The problem is Lorelei can OHKO you with Ice Type moves, Onix can knock you out with Dig/Earthquake and Hitmonchan knows Fire/Ice Punch(which after a few blows will knock you out). Suicide to go against Agatha and Lance knows anti-Grass moves as well(although you stand a chance against his Gyrados, his first Dragonair and Aerodactyl).

You should try giving Double Team to your Pokemon and maxing Evasion. You'll come to find that works exceedingly well when you're at a disadvantage level wise and you can use it multiple times since it can be found in Celadon PokeMart. I bet if you maxed Evasion on Bobby, he could have swept Lorelei.

Years
You should try giving Double Team to your Pokemon and maxing Evasion. You'll come to find that works exceedingly well when you're at a disadvantage level wise and you can use it multiple times since it can be found in Celadon PokeMart. I bet if you maxed Evasion on Bobby, he could have swept Lorelei.

I tried this strategy both on Misty and Lorelei actually - mostly because I saw you using it a lot. In both cases, after maxing the Evasion, Bobby got hit and KO'd with next attack. But that was probably just a bad luck. In other cases, it worked perfectly.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I tried this strategy both on Misty and Lorelei actually - mostly because I saw you using it a lot. In both cases, after maxing the Evasion, Bobby got hit and KO'd with next attack. But that was probably just a bad luck. In other cases, it worked perfectly.

Yeah there is chance involved and it appears in your case you got bad luck. I'm not immune from the bad luck either. I used Pidgey against Misty's Starmie and had -6 Accuracy on her but fainted to two Bubblebeam's. Its why I sometimes use a set-up Pokemon in Pidgeot/Sandslash that knows Sand Attack so that you have -5/6 to their Accuracy and then +6 to your Evasion. I'd be amazed if the RNG yields a hit against your Pokemon under that scenario.

Years
Name: Whallan
Game: Yellow
Single/Ultimate: Single, might turn into an ultimate.

Pre-Planned Team*:
Spr_1y_025.png

My starter/Pikachu
Spr_1y_051.png

0.7m, it also makes sense for a dugtrio to be on my head....
Spr_1y_056.png

Because yellow nostalgia
Spr_1y_078.png

I am terrified of horses IRL so I would not like one of these following me,
Spr_1y_131.png

Spotted surfing in the trailer
dodrio.png

Caught a doduo on PoGO

*Could change

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Storm Silver - Episode 1

Spr_4h_135.png
Spr_4p_418_f.png
Spr_HGSS_Ethan.png
20100226105408%21Spr_4h_035.png

I've decided to do my first challenge on Storm Silver, but is is a hell of a long game, so it will take a while.

I'll try to make a post per gym badge, but may change my pace if I feel like it.

Anyway, to the actual gameplay. I started the game and chose Cyndaquil as my starter, only to change his position later with an Eevee gifted from Cynthia in front of Mr. Pokémon's house. Named him Walton.

Battled Silver in Cherrygrove City and, after returning to the lab, caught one more member at Route 46, Robert, the Clefairy.

After reaching Route 31, captured a Buizel and named her Fleur.

I had a tough time at Sprout Tower, blacking out 2 times (this game is not kidding), but I managed to defeat Elder Li and he gifted me a Thunderstone and TM70 Flash. Used the stone on Eevee and voila! Jolteon!

For the Gym battle, I have a video:

Spoiler:

I guess that's it for this segment, I'll try to update more tomorrow.
TEAM​

Spr_4h_135.png

Eeveelution
Walton ♂ | Jolly nature | Quick Feet
Lvl. 17
- ThunderShock
- Tail Whip
- Bite
- Sand Attack

Spr_4p_418_f.png

Caught before 1st gym
Fleur ♀ | Quirky nature | Technician
Lvl. 13
- Water Gun
- Water Sport
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

20100226105408%21Spr_4h_035.png

Seen in the trailer
Robert ♂ | Hasty nature | Magic Guard
Lvl. 13
- Pound
- DoubleSlap
- Encore
- Sing

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Storm Silver - Episode 2

Spr_4h_135.png
Spr_4p_419_f.png
Spr_HGSS_Ethan.png
Spr_4p_442.png
Spr_4h_036.png
Spr_4h_127.png

Yeah, I kinda got excited this morning...

I realized I can't keep a set pace so I'm not even bothering. Anyway, I grinded all my members up to level 25 for Bugsy... except Fleur, whom I leveled up to 26 so she could evolve. And now she's a Floatzel!

The Bugsy battle went well, with a team work of Jolteon and Floatzel we earned a new badge.

Spoiler:

After soloing Silver, I went through Ilex forest and found Cynthia again at the gate. She gave me an Odd Keystone, and she told me to use it at Slowpoke Well.

I went all the way back and did what was told, and now I have a new team member, Ruffalo, the Spiritomb! (Took literally one Poké Ball to catch it).

I travelled up to National Park so I could capture a Pinsir, an I finally found one. I almost used my entire pack of balls, but managed to catch the bug. Named him Pucto.

Trained a bit and it's time to challenge Whitney.

Spoiler:

Now I'm heading straight to Ecruteak, getting Surf, and challenging Morty.

Spoiler:

Taught Jolteon Shadow Ball (not Spiritomb because, honestly, dark and ghost are practically the same attackwise, but dark is a little better, so I'm planning to teach him only Dark Pulse and stick with Ominous Wind in the ghost slot) and the segment is done :)

Here is my squad so far:

TEAM​

Spr_4h_135.png

Eeveelution
Walton ♂ | Jolly nature | Quick Feet
Lvl. 30 @ Magnet
- Shock Wave
- Quick Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Pin Missile

Spr_4p_419_f.png

Caught before 1st gym
Fleur ♀ | Quirky nature | Technician
Lvl. 31
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch

Spr_4p_442.png

Creepy
Ruffalo ♂ | Hasty nature | Pressure
Lvl. 32 @ Shell Bell
- Ominous Wind
- Sucker Punch
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater

Spr_4h_036.png

Seen in the trailer
Robert ♂ | Hasty nature | Magic Guard
Lvl. 30
- Headbutt
- Minimize
- Wake-Up Slap
- Cosmic Power

Spr_4h_127.png

Representing GO
Pucto ♂ | Lax nature | Mold Breaker
Lvl. 30 @ King's Rock
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Seismic Toss
- Revenge

Years
First and final update for pokemon yellow.

I defeated the elite four, and blue.

Final team:
Spoiler:

As you can probably see Dugtrio with Fissure and X accuracy was the real MVP.

I had a lot of fun so I think I will continue with Crystal.

My Team will consist of the following

Spr_2c_026.png
or
Spr_2c_025.png

if Raichu isn't eligible.
Spr_2c_156.png

0.9 Meters tall
Spr_2c_163.png

Never used Noctowl before
Spr_2c_124.png

(I'd feel uncomfortable with Jynx following me everywhere.
Spr_2c_061.png

Saw one in the new trailer.
Spr_2c_165.png

Caught a ledyba in PoGo​

Looks like I'm going to have to start the game maybe 30-40 minutes before 4am so I can catch both Poliwag, Hoothoot and then Ledyba once it's morning.

Years
I figured I'd try and give some more consistent updates with my second run through.

Spr_2c_156.png
Spr_2c_163.png
Spr_C_Ethan.png
Spr_2c_166.png
Spr_2c_060.png

I started the game with the time set to 3.40am so I would be able to catch both Hoothoot, Poliwag and Ledyba fairly quickly.
I chose cyndaquil as my starter and caught Hoothoot, Poliwag and Ledyba.
I have so far defeated both Falkner and Bugsy.

I tried to do the Odd Egg clone glitch to get both a Pichu and a Smoochum early but I mistimed the soft reset and all I managed to get was an Elekid and two Cleffas, although one of them was shiny.

I think I will reeplace Pikachu/Raichu with an Eeevee.​

I'm also going to be playing through Omega Ruby with this challenge rules at the same time with the following team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back