• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Gen IV | Issue with imported models.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
I'm trying to import a custom map model into Platinum. The map inserts properly but for whatever reason it doesn't get dark at night like other objects do. I attached the picture down bellow so you can see what I'm talking about.

These are the steps I took to import my own map:
-I exported the map I wanted to edit from SDSME to .obj
-Edited it in blender and saved it as another .obj
-Used the MKDS Course Modifier to convert the .obj to an .nsbmd
-Fixed the textures of the .nsmbd
-Imported into my game and saved

I've tried multipe different things and nothing else seemed to fix the problem :/. UV Patching the .obj in MKDS didn't change anything. Neither did exporting an .obj from Sketchup instead. I have suspicisons that MKDS just might not be up to the task of importing maps unless I did something wrong. I just hope I don't have to go the 3DS Max route.

Attachments

• aa__32481.png
    aa__32481.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 14

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
From what I can clearly see here, the part of the model where the grass is, pretty sure the triangle polys have been set to "ignore lighting" or whatever the option is called in which prevents lighting from taking effect on the model.

If OBJ format doesn't support this, then some developer might be interested in developing a tool that can support converting of .DAE models into NSBMD (Nitro System Binary Model format).

Pretty sure SM64DSe (Super Mario 64 DS Editor) actually has some code in it that can convert DAE models into NSBMD.

But of course, nothing is any more perfect than IMD (Nitro Intermediate format), as it can be converted to NSBMD perfectly with all of it's functionality attached, which unfortunately can only be achieved by the leaked Nintendo's official Nitro System plugins for 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage. But the closest one to that with most of the model functionality attached, in which is public, is the .dae format.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
I probably should've also stated that all the properly "lit" areas are separate from my model. I'm not sure if that would make any difference.

I looked at the .obj format as well as tested out the parameters. Nothing seemed to have made a difference, so I think that's out of the question. I considered looking for ways I could edit the .nsbmd itself to fix or use SM64DSe to transplant a model to import, but I think that would start to be a very convoluted way of going about this. I didn't want to have to use the official nitro plugins since there's no way for me to get any of those with a semblance of legality, and well, is probably a massive headache to get started into.

Thanks anyways!

Back