• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
I don't normally create an account for one thread to reply to, but I might be checking out other fangames in the future as well, namely ones that actually allow me to "catch them all." I have been enjoying this game a lot, but sadly I haven't been able to do much more of the game for a few days now due to an issue preventing me from continuing with the game, and from what I gather, I will not be able to get around it due to not being able to get Surf until later.

I have a similar problem that looneyman1 reported, but the FModEX crash report is for using the PokeFluke on the sleeping Snorlaxes. I have been unable to progress in the game since finishing the Pokemon Tower for a few days now aside from other things that I wanted to hold off from doing until after I explored the southern half of Kanto some more.

Years
Actually, it is not. I downloaded and replaced the DATA files with the one from 0.4.2, and the game still crashed with the same error trying to wake up the Snorlaxes.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
where the heck do I find Totodile or any of the other starter pokemon for that matter?

Years
Actually, it is not. I downloaded and replaced the DATA files with the one from 0.4.2, and the game still crashed with the same error trying to wake up the Snorlaxes.

Version 0.4.2 should have fixed that; I've just re-downloaded both the main v0.4 files and the v0.4.2 patch and tested it. If someone else happens to be able to verify that, let us know! I'd suggest re-downloading the files and letting me know if it's still a problem.

where the heck do I find Totodile or any of the other starter pokemon for that matter?

No need to get snippy. If you look at the 'Encounters' file I've provided on the front page, you'll see that Croconaw and the other middle evolution Johto starters can be found in the Friend Safari on Four Island.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Version 0.4.2 should have fixed that; I've just re-downloaded both the main v0.4 files and the v0.4.2 patch and tested it. If someone else happens to be able to verify that, let us know! I'd suggest re-downloading the files and letting me know if it's still a problem.

No need to get snippy. If you look at the 'Encounters' file I've provided on the front page, you'll see that Croconaw and the other middle evolution Johto starters can be found in the Friend Safari on Four Island.

I wasnt being rude sorry about that.

And I dunno how I forgot that fact XP

Years

I redownloaded the files, extracted them, and was about to say it didn't work, but I had a thought "you know what, let's just eliminate any uncertainty". I proceeded to move back to Lavender Town and entered the Pokemon Tower in an attempt to "refresh" the route. As of this post I'm about to fight the Snorlax. Seemed perhaps the "data" from 0.4 was still present and needed to be refreshed. That's my reasoning anyway, so I think I can continue from this point. Thanks for the help!

Years
I redownloaded the files, extracted them, and was about to say it didn't work, but I had a thought "you know what, let's just eliminate any uncertainty". I proceeded to move back to Lavender Town and entered the Pokemon Tower in an attempt to "refresh" the route. As of this post I'm about to fight the Snorlax. Seemed perhaps the "data" from 0.4 was still present and needed to be refreshed. That's my reasoning anyway, so I think I can continue from this point. Thanks for the help!

Hm. I would have thought rebooting the game would refresh the map events, but perhaps not. I'll be sure to bear this in mind for the future. Thanks for your feedback, hope you enjoy the rest of the content so far!

Years
I found a glitch. When Celio tries to give you the next page of the Sevii Islands map, the game crashes with a text string saying Fmod error.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ah, fair enough! I probably read it harsher than you intended :)

I admit I was a little frustrated I was searching for an NPC to give me one XP. I wish I remembered that I needed to go to four island as now I may have to rethink my team a bit. I was kinda hoping to have a team consisting of Venusau, Feraligatr, and Baziken for my Elite 4 run. But even with the national pokedex I dunno if I can activate the sevii islands sidequest to collect the ruby and sapphire for Celio's super computer.

Years
I found a glitch. When Celio tries to give you the next page of the Sevii Islands map, the game crashes with a text string saying Fmod error.

This is fixed in v0.4.2.

I admit I was a little frustrated I was searching for an NPC to give me one XP. I wish I remembered that I needed to go to four island as now I may have to rethink my team a bit. I was kinda hoping to have a team consisting of Venusau, Feraligatr, and Baziken for my Elite 4 run. But even with the national pokedex I dunno if I can activate the sevii islands sidequest to collect the ruby and sapphire for Celio's super computer.

I'll consider putting the Johto starters pre-E4 in another update. It does make sense.

Hey, I'm also having problems with the Snorlaxes. How do I go about rectifying this?

Patch v0.4.2 should fix it. Edit: Try entering and exiting a building to refresh the map once you've done this.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
thanks for that I appreciate it. It makes a lot of sense due to how Johto is right next door to Kanto after all. I envision professor Elm being seen int he Safari Zone's alola dome if that helps. I say this because he is an expert on evolution and the alola forms would be an interest of his I would think. Or perhaps having Samson Oak make a cameo there would be cool

Years
Just thought I'd post an update on my progress. Story-wise I have done as much as I could since one important event at Five Island needs Six Island completed to do so (no hurries on that, though, I still have a LOT more side content to do including catching the Legendaries). Now that I am caught up story-wise with where other players of this game are at, my focus now goes to filling in more of the Owned part of the Pokedex.

I am concerned about money, though there appears to be a few options to get more even after defeating most of the game's trainers. Aside from that little worry, this game has been a great experience, even challenging at points (the battles at Indigo Plateau ended up being a lot harder than I was expecting, and my Pokemon were around level 70, thinking I was still overleveled since I basically steamrolled every Trainer up to that point). Keep up the good work with this game!

Years
Just thought I'd post an update on my progress. Story-wise I have done as much as I could since one important event at Five Island needs Six Island completed to do so (no hurries on that, though, I still have a LOT more side content to do including catching the Legendaries). Now that I am caught up story-wise with where other players of this game are at, my focus now goes to filling in more of the Owned part of the Pokedex.

I am concerned about money, though there appears to be a few options to get more even after defeating most of the game's trainers. Aside from that little worry, this game has been a great experience, even challenging at points (the battles at Indigo Plateau ended up being a lot harder than I was expecting, and my Pokemon were around level 70, thinking I was still overleveled since I basically steamrolled every Trainer up to that point). Keep up the good work with this game!

Thank you for letting me know what you think. The level curve of this game has been difficult to balance due to the Exp. Share, so I decided that the Gym Leaders, Rival(s) and Elite Four should pose a bit more challenge. I have a few plans and ideas regarding making money for future updates; at the moment I think the only real expense is TMs, but I've got ideas for more things to use your money on too!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2023
I want to ask you a question, just like you have done a remake of kanto in the style of gen 7, do you think remakes also of hoenn, johto, sinnoh and unova in that style?

Years
I want to ask you a question, just like you have done a remake of kanto in the style of gen 7, do you think remakes also of hoenn, johto, sinnoh and unova in that style?

If you're asking whether I'll make remakes of the other games, the current answer is no, and it's highly unlikely to change. This project has taken a very long time and I'd like to do other things after this.

Last edited:
Years
Picked the game back up recently from where I left off. What I'm doing now in the game is a little tedious, but it's better than refighting the Elite Four to get more money (since the Elite Four Pokemon can do some serious damage even to level 70+ Pokemon). I went to the Alola Biodome and got myself a full party of level 31 and level 32 Meowths with the Pickup ability. Right now I'm back at Route 1, but I probably will want to eventually get the levels up on my Pokemon. I'm just battling the Pokemon there normally, and get from 0 to 3 item pickups per battle. A bonus I hadn't expected from this is that the Meowths know the move Pay Day, so I'm also getting money by defeating the Pokemon using the move. Until there's other ways to get money in the game, I think this little economy I'm doing is the safest way to do it.

I'm almost at 400k Pokedollars, but buying tons of Ultra Balls can get quite expensive, and that's not counting needing to buy some to try to catch a Legendary. One way or another I'll get the Pokedex filled up.

Years
Picked the game back up recently from where I left off. What I'm doing now in the game is a little tedious, but it's better than refighting the Elite Four to get more money (since the Elite Four Pokemon can do some serious damage even to level 70+ Pokemon). I went to the Alola Biodome and got myself a full party of level 31 and level 32 Meowths with the Pickup ability. Right now I'm back at Route 1, but I probably will want to eventually get the levels up on my Pokemon. I'm just battling the Pokemon there normally, and get from 0 to 3 item pickups per battle. A bonus I hadn't expected from this is that the Meowths know the move Pay Day, so I'm also getting money by defeating the Pokemon using the move. Until there's other ways to get money in the game, I think this little economy I'm doing is the safest way to do it.

I'm almost at 400k Pokedollars, but buying tons of Ultra Balls can get quite expensive, and that's not counting needing to buy some to try to catch a Legendary. One way or another I'll get the Pokedex filled up.

That's quite resourceful! I do plan to include the Vs. Seeker and Gym Leader rematches in future patches, so hopefully you will find it easier to make money in future.

Back