• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I recently tried installing FL's Family Tree script with Birthsigns following your instructions from before, but they no longer seem to work and cause my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong, or are they no longer compatible?

That's super outdated from earlier versions of both our scripts. You don't need to do anything special to get the scripts to work together. Just install my script first, and then install his afterwards. Follow his instructions as he's written, except whenever he instructs you to change or add a line, change/add that line within the Birthsigns script instead of in the sections he listed. From what I see, almost everything he asks you to change in his instructions is found within the Birthsigns script.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
That's super outdated from earlier versions of both our scripts. You don't need to do anything special to get the scripts to work together. Just install my script first, and then install his afterwards. Follow his instructions as he's written, except whenever he instructs you to change or add a line, change/add that line within the Birthsigns script instead of in the sections he listed. From what I see, almost everything he asks you to change in his instructions is found within the Birthsigns script.

Thanks so much! I finally got them to work together! XD Now for that Following Pokemon script...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
How do I make it so that all Pokemon have birthsigns, specifically gift and trade Pokemon? When I receive my starters, they don't have any birthsigns. (I have Wild Birthsigns set to true, btw.)

Thanks! =D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
How do I make it so that all Pokemon have birthsigns, specifically gift and trade Pokemon? When I receive my starters, they don't have any birthsigns. (I have Wild Birthsigns set to true, btw.)

Thanks! =D
You can just give the individual Pokemon a birthsign in the event script. Same way you set its stats, nature, shininess, etc. Check the coding section under the "Useful Things to Know" heading in the first post. I listed ways you can do this somewhere in there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 14, 2018
You can just give the individual Pokemon a birthsign in the event script. Same way you set its stats, nature, shininess, etc. Check the coding section under the "Useful Things to Know" heading in the first post. I listed ways you can do this somewhere in there.

Thanks a bunch! =D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
am i right in saying the trainer sign has no effect and can not be called?

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
Amazing script! Im sure to use it in my own fan game, however I have a question, is it possible to randomize the birthsigns for all bred pokemon as well? If not maybe an option to add a sign for each day of the week, im an impatient person, having to wait a month for a new one or reset the game to a desirable one is slightly annoying ^^;
It's cool if you can't, was just a small suggestion. It's tons of fun to play around with the birth sign powers!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Amazing script! Im sure to use it in my own fan game, however I have a question, is it possible to randomize the birthsigns for all bred pokemon as well? If not maybe an option to add a sign for each day of the week, im an impatient person, having to wait a month for a new one or reset the game to a desirable one is slightly annoying ^^;
It's cool if you can't, was just a small suggestion. It's tons of fun to play around with the birth sign powers!

Yes, something like that is possible. First thing you have to do is locate this line in the Birthsigns script:
Code:
#=============================================================================
  # Applies corresponding Birthsign upon hatching
  pokemon.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon) if ZODIACSET!=0

From there, you can change it so that your hatched Pokemon inherit signs differently. If you'd like to change it so that hatched Pokemon inherit a random sign out of your zodiac, then you can change the line to this:
Code:
pokemon.setRandomZodiac if ZODIACSET!=0

Or, if you'd like them to inherit a random birthsign out of all possible birthsigns, regardless of zodiac, then you can change it to this:
Code:
pokemon.setRandomSign if ZODIACSET!=0

If you'd like something more specific, like linking specific signs to specific days of the month, you can do something like:
Code:
if ZODIACSET!=0
  pokemon.setBirthsign(1) if Time.now.day==0
  pokemon.setBirthsign(2) if Time.now.day==1
  pokemon.setBirthsign(3) if Time.now.day==2
  pokemon.setBirthsign(4) if Time.now.day==3
  pokemon.setBirthsign(5) if Time.now.day==4
  #...etc, etc
end

You could also feasibly have different signs inheritable based on whether it's night or day when the egg is hatched, or combine several factors. Like say:
Code:
if ZODIACSET!=0
    if Time.now.mon==12
      if Time.now.day==23
        if isNight?
          pokemon.setBirthsign(12)
        else
          pokemon.setBirthsign(30)
        end
      else
        pokemon.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon)
      end
    else
      pokemon.setRandomZodiac
    end
  end

This is a silly example, but with this you'd be able to have hatched Pokemon inherit 'The Wishmaker' sign on Christmas Eve during the nighttime, or 'The Alchemist' sign on Christmas Eve during the daytime, otherwise it will inherit whatever December's normal zodiac sign is....but every other month is random. But this gives you an idea on how flexible it can be if you really want to get complicated with it. However, I recommend keeping it simple, otherwise the mechanic starts to feel too cumbersome.

Play around with it, and see what works best for your game. I know waiting for a specific month of the year can be a bit of a pain if you want more leeway in your customization options, but this is why I added methods to get around this in my Events script add-on, as well as incorporating FL's Unreal Time script as an optional addition. Check those out too if you want more options.

Also it's worth keeping in mind that if you change how or when particular birthsigns are obtained, it's probably worth reflecting those changes in the Pokemon's birthsign page (in the Summary), as well as in the Birthsign Journal. Otherwise the player will have inaccurate information.

Last edited:

Phye

Years
Wow it's super cool! Settled with daily signs, that way people do have a way to pick their signs without waiting too long.

But there is no way to make wild encounters do the same is there?

Also when using the Zodiac Powers script together with the EliteBattleUI, when selecting moves it's completely blank. Even if I use the script to make it compatible. Tried all styles in the EliteBattleUI and when I picked the essentials style, I could at least see the moves but the selection arrows where one step above or something. Moves where highlighted a row above and the bottom row was completely grayed out.

It's mostly just a visual bug because I can still pick and choose attacks even if I don't see them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Wow it's super cool! Settled with daily signs, that way people do have a way to pick their signs without waiting too long.

But there is no way to make wild encounters do the same is there?

Also when using the Zodiac Powers script together with the EliteBattleUI, when selecting moves it's completely blank. Even if I use the script to make it compatible. Tried all styles in the EliteBattleUI and when I picked the essentials style, I could at least see the moves but the selection arrows where one step above or something. Moves where highlighted a row above and the bottom row was completely grayed out.

It's mostly just a visual bug because I can still pick and choose attacks even if I don't see them.

It should be possible to do the same thing with wild encounters. Find this section in the birthsigns script:
Code:
  # Birthsigns for wild encounters
  if ZODIACSET!=0
    if WILDBIRTHSIGNS==1
      # Generates wild Pokemon with the current month's sign
      genwildpoke.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon)
    elsif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==2
      # Generates wild Pokemon with random zodiac signs
      genwildpoke.setRandomZodiac
    elsif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==3
      # Generates wild Pokemon with completely random signs
      genwildpoke.setRandomSign
    else
      # Generates wild Pokemon with no sign
      genwildpoke.setBirthsign(0)
    end
  end

And above "else" type in "elseif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==4", followed by the same code you used to incorporate daily signs for hatched Pokemon (except using "genwildpoke" instead of "pokemon").

Remember to set your WILDBIRTHSIGNS toggle to 4 at the top of the script afterwards.

As for the Zodiac Powers script, that's something I'll have to test out myself. I'm away from home for the week, so ill have to get back to you on that. It's possible Luka updated his EliteBattle script recently, and my compatibility script is out of date and needs to be changed.

Phye

Years
Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch! Is there a way to make one of the birthsign values to be random? There are 30 signs and for months with 31 days, I got atm it set to 0 which is no sign. Maybe a silly thing to have "a day of chaos" or something. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch! Is there a way to make one of the birthsign values to be random? There are 30 signs and for months with 31 days, I got atm it set to 0 which is no sign. Maybe a silly thing to have "a day of chaos" or something. :P

Yeah, use "setRandomSign", as shown in one of my examples in my first response to you.

Phye

Years
Of course! How stupid of me. Well thanks a bunch. An amazing script nonetheless :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm not sure if this has been made clear before or if I've missed it, but how do I assign a Birthsign onto a gift Pokémon like a starter?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I'm not sure if this has been made clear before or if I've missed it, but how do I assign a Birthsign onto a gift Pokémon like a starter?

Check the "Useful Things to Know" section in the first post. I list a ton of things in there to help with things like that.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Post what you're putting in the event. Sounds like you're using it incorrectly.

RPGXP_2018-08-17_00-29-19.png

Back