• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
Made Mirage Island spawn every day and added static encounters for the legendary birds and dogs.
Unfortunately there's a few bugs now, IDK why but the bags for Pokeballs, TMs, and Berries have a visual glitch but this doesn't affect gameplay luckily. The other bugs are the static legendary encounters I've added do not despawn after battling them which is not BAD but thematically annoying.
Because of this, I have kept the previous link for v4.6 which has everything but the additional static encounters (for example Mirage Island will still spawn every time)

Last edited:
Years
Decided to take out the static encounters for the legendary dogs and birds until I can get it working right. Also added a nifty feature, the summary screen now has stats affected by natures color coded (Red for increased stat, Blue for decreased stat)

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Between Emerald Advanced and this... I'm going to play both, very likely, but I'm not sure yet which one is better. Both sound very tempting. Going to wait until you fixed the bugs though.

I might monotype it too for fun.

Years
Between Emerald Advanced and this... I'm going to play both, very likely, but I'm not sure yet which one is better. Both sound very tempting. Going to wait until you fixed the bugs though.

I might monotype it too for fun.

Currently no bugs in it, removed the feature that was causing them until I can debug it. All 386 pokemon still available and all other features are still present and working properly!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Oh, nice. Let me just patch it.

I've been waiting for an Emerald game where fishing is done FRLG style. Trying to Super Rod myself a Corsola or any other rare encounter in the others is such a pain if you get fishing wrong for an hour+ only to find a Wailmer when you finally succeed.

Years
Oh, nice. Let me just patch it.

I've been waiting for an Emerald game where fishing is done FRLG style. Trying to Super Rod myself a Corsola or any other rare encounter in the others is such a pain if you get fishing wrong for an hour+ only to find a Wailmer when you finally succeed.

Dude tell me about it, absolute worst part about RSE is the fishing, this is like a breath of fresh air!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Okay, finally got around to try and patch this... got a notification that says the downloaded archive is damaged and inoperative.

Is it just me or has the download link in your OP gone defunct?

Years
Okay, finally got around to try and patch this... got a notification that says the downloaded archive is damaged and inoperative.

Is it just me or has the download link in your OP gone defunct?

That's weird, I always test it and it works just fine, I just updated the link so tell me if it still does that, I might just decide to switch to a DropBox link to the files instead of a rar archive

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
By crossgen evo's, you mean like Probopass, Magnezone, Gallade and the like? Not sure what you mean by abilities for PSS though

Yeah, those are crossgen evos. Electivire, Magmortar, Glaceon, Leafeon, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Mamoswine... did I miss any other? Sylveon doesn't count.

As for the abilities I'd think the ones in concern are Iron Fist, Tough Claws, Adaptability, maybe Infiltrator, Toxic Boost, Justified and the like.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yeah, those are crossgen evos. Electivire, Magmortar, Glaceon, Leafeon, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Mamoswine... did I miss any other? Sylveon doesn't count

Quite a few xD

Honchkrow, Mismagius, Ambipom, Weavile, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Yanmega, Gliscor, Roserade, Froslass, Gallade and Dusknoir.

There's also the pre forms of Mantyke, Munchlax, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr and Happiny.

Years
Some more updates today, by request I have done my best to de-capitalize everything as well as make Feebas less of a pain to find, now you can fish for him in Sootopolis.
Also added a merchant in the Contest Hall that sells PokeBlock berries (for a higher price)
and added useful battle berries to the Battle Frontier Pokemart (also for a higher price)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
Well, this hack made me actually register myself here just to say thank you!

I'm one of those guys that have fallen out with pokemon during Gen IV, due to a lack of time and have just recently gotten back into it and I really have a hard time warming up with the new mechanics and designs of the last few generations that I missed.
And because of that I was mostly playing Gen IV games with hacks like Stom Silver or Origin Platinum that change not that much about the games.
Out of nostalgia I really wanted to pick up Gen III again, but I quickly got annoyed by the lack of the special/phys split and some other minor things that were sorted out by later gens. My Problem was that most hacks, that fixed these things also added Pokemon from Gen 5-7, the fairy typing, mega evolutions and all the other stuff, that I really don't need in my Emerald.

That was until a few days ago, when I stumpled across your hack, that finally scratched that Gen-3-nostalgia-itch of mine.

So, yeah. Thank you, this is amazing and so are you!

Years
Well, this hack made me actually register myself here just to say thank you!

I'm one of those guys that have fallen out with pokemon during Gen IV, due to a lack of time and have just recently gotten back into it and I really have a hard time warming up with the new mechanics and designs of the last few generations that I missed.
And because of that I was mostly playing Gen IV games with hacks like Stom Silver or Origin Platinum that change not that much about the games.
Out of nostalgia I really wanted to pick up Gen III again, but I quickly got annoyed by the lack of the special/phys split and some other minor things that were sorted out by later gens. My Problem was that most hacks, that fixed these things also added Pokemon from Gen 5-7, the fairy typing, mega evolutions and all the other stuff, that I really don't need in my Emerald.

That was until a few days ago, when I stumpled across your hack, that finally scratched that Gen-3-nostalgia-itch of mine.

So, yeah. Thank you, this is amazing and so are you!

Thanks! That was pretty much exactly what I was going for :)

Years
So I had an idea that I've been toying around with, Altering Cave is basically just an unused empty room, so why not do something with it! Here's my thought, make it an EV training cave, probably either divide it into six sections spawning high EV yield pokemon or just have signposts spawn them when activated. Though this goes beyond what I had envisioned to be the theme for this ROM Hack I do like the idea of an in-game area dedicated to EV training. Please give me your thoughts on this!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
So I had an idea that I've been toying around with, Altering Cave is basically just an unused empty room, so why not do something with it! Here's my thought, make it an EV training cave, probably either divide it into six sections spawning high EV yield pokemon or just have signposts spawn them when activated. Though this goes beyond what I had envisioned to be the theme for this ROM Hack I do like the idea of an in-game area dedicated to EV training. Please give me your thoughts on this!

Strongly supporting this. I've always wanted an easier way to keep track of how my pokemon are EV'd/where I can EV them properly other than making excel sheets and LOTS of guessing.
This would make life so much easier.

Years
Strongly supporting this. I've always wanted an easier way to keep track of how my pokemon are EV'd/where I can EV them properly other than making excel sheets and LOTS of guessing.
This would make life so much easier.

I'll have to see if there's a way to make the Pokemon specifically in that cave uncatchable so it's just a training area

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
Hi there! First of all, thank so much for this hack. Like some of the others on here, I also had the urge to play Gen 3 again for nostalgia purposes, and this hack in particular stood out because the tweaks still stay more or less true to the original game.

I was wondering if you'd be able to tell me what code types the cheats you provided are (like if they are GameShark Advance/Action Replay v1/2 or Action Replay MAX v3/4), and also if they are encrypted or decrypted. I intend to incorporate the cheats into the rom itself so that I can play it on my 3DS, but the program I'm using to do that only supports Codebreaker codes. If I know which type they are, then it would be easier for me to convert them.

Thanks again for this hack, dude :)

Back