• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
s1SGDP4.png
TrsKyN4.png

Here we go again~

---oOo---​

where i can download a pokemon ruby v 1.0?

https://www.google.com

how can i patch the game??

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

Last edited:
Years
Hey Jagold, just 2 things
1. I absolutely love the RD series and have been a huge fan for many years
2. I was just wondering if you would implement the pokeruby build in the Rd : Rol remaster? Or any features from later games?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
cave.png
weirder.png

Pokécommunity and Imgur are being derps atm~

I was just wondering if you would implement the pokeruby build in the Rd : Rol remaster? Or any features from later games?

Not sure. Currently I've no plans of using it. Last time I checked (two or so months ago), it's not ready for hacks yet.

Years
Man this was my first hack I loved glad to see you're doing a remake of the game and seem like your expand the story a bit. the waiting is so hard, Are you going to do a remake of your other games or is it because this was your first hack.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
really enjoyed the beta! btw did you implement physical/special split in the remake version? just curious.
have a nice day :)

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Where does Beta 1 end?

Edit: Nevermind just found out

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
Ok, I didn?t beat the gym leader, but he doesn?t want to challenge me right now, so I don?t know where to go after that, thanks . I love this game good luck on this hack can?t wait for the next beta!! ??????????????

Years
Really loved the remake after had played the old one long time ago especially with so many QoL changes(which many of them you didn't mention on the features), especially the new story and difficult changes was really something.
Speaking of bug/glitch report..
Spoiler:

Other than that, I don't think I have other feedback at the moment like I had playing the old one.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Speaking of bug/glitch report..
Spoiler:

...Whoopsie. I'll be fixing that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ok, I didn?t beat the gym leader, but he doesn?t want to challenge me right now, so I don?t know where to go after that, thanks .

Continue on with your journey. Head west from Luster Town.

Is this black rectangle thing that is shown when jumping a ledge intended?
Pokemon_Ruby_Destiny_-_Reign_of_Legends_Remake_Beta_1_06.png

That will be fixed in the next beta release.
Special thanks to Andrea for pointing me to the right direction of fixing that issue.

did you implement physical/special split in the remake version? just curious.

Nope. The one available for Ruby can cause a lot of bugs like abilities no longer working and weather not affecting move types. Aw well...

Years
So, when I patched my Fire Red version with PKMN RD-RoL (Remake) (Beta 1) , and loaded the ROM in the folder with my GBA ROMs, it didn't load like it was supposed to. It just gives me a white screen... Is that the GBA itself, or is that the ROMs issue? I'm not entirely sure where to go for a good ROM these days now :/ pratically a lot of sites are starting to lose their ROM downloads. The best site I got ROMs from was the coolROMs it was one of the best sites out there, like this one. Anyways, is there something I did when patching...? Or something?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
So, when I patched my Fire Red version with PKMN RD-RoL (Remake) (Beta 1) , and loaded the ROM in the folder with my GBA ROMs, it didn't load like it was supposed to. It just gives me a white screen... Is that the GBA itself, or is that the ROMs issue? I'm not entirely sure where to go for a good ROM these days now :/ pratically a lot of sites are starting to lose their ROM downloads. The best site I got ROMs from was the coolROMs it was one of the best sites out there, like this one. Anyways, is there something I did when patching...? Or something?

use a ruby 1.0 rom not a fire red rom

Years
I decided to start this beta. So far the only issue i have found that has not been mentioned, is that the Lucky Egg has ???? for name and no description.

Beta ends after first badge i guess? Because i don't see any way to progress. May is stuck talking about Bug Forest lighting up and i have checked there.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
the only issue i have found that has not been mentioned, is that the Lucky Egg has ???? for name and no description.

I'll check that out. Thanks for the report.

Beta ends after first badge i guess? Because i don't see any way to progress. May is stuck talking about Bug Forest lighting up and i have checked there.

Head back to Sun Ford and talk to your character's mom.

Years
I'll check that out. Thanks for the report.

Head back to Sun Ford and talk to your character's mom.

Aye aye cap'n, thanks for the timely reply. The game so far feels so fresh, its like playing a new game. So many new things, storywise and feature wise. The letters found in the past made the whole thing even more engaging.

Continuing on my reports, here is a doc that i will keep updating as i find issues. I chose this way because i can easily post screenshots, and add/delete content as they get found or fixed.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1maQ4CRFvnm2TUmysagRrS_qiJ441p7PhvPV9rPetqmA/edit

I am currently stuck in the dark lugia fight because of what i have written in there...

Edit: ... aaaand beta ends just when i had an organised way to do this xD

Last edited:
Years
Just wanted to report that due to some weird sequences of events that happened in the first gym battle, particularly involving Pacahrisu using volt switch and whatnot, the final Pokemon of the first gym leader ended up being a Skiploom for God knows why. I should also add that if Pacharisu lived the hit and volt switch'd, the game would pretend that Pacharisu died and would notify me that a new Pokemon was about to come out (whereas Skiploom was literally in front of me). If I chose to stay in or go out into any of my mons, a bad egg would come out. Pretty odd glitch. Sorry I couldn't go more in detail. Was speeding up the battle.

That being said, thanks for bringing this back Jagold. As a guy who got into the amazing world of rom hacks/fan games through your amazing creation, it was a very heartwarming moment to see this and also Angeallen's new beautiful overworld sprite. Excited to see how the new sprite for it (if there is i.e) looks like! Keep up the great work!

Back