• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Selfie Thread

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Shame that using imgur no longer works for this thread! I've resorted to using Dropbox instead since that works.

Casual selfie I took today before heading out for ice cream. :D

I always stand in the corner of a good pair of overalls; did you distress those yourself?

This is from a month or two ago when 1/2 of my roommates and I went out to celebrate moving into our new apartment:

do5nMFi.png

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Oh yeah, should probably mention in here given some of the posts on this page and in case people aren't aware, but the imgur issue has been resolved, and so y'all are able to embed images that are hosted on imgur into posts again.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh yeah, should probably mention in here given some of the posts on this page and in case people aren't aware, but the imgur issue has been resolved, and so y'all are able to embed images that are hosted on imgur into posts again.

awh, I came here expecting a Nah face reveal!

Years
Since the imgur issue is solved, there is my face again, since the one i posted was old and i have short (not so short) hair.
yjufQ2l.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I got my eyebrows did and I'm super excited so I wanted to share
Spoiler:

so I used to fill them in daily because my natural brows are weak as fuck, but I just got them microbladed! It's kind of like a semi-permanent 'tattoo' that lasts about a year, and boy am I excited to not have to fill them in anymore, I'm just going to have good eyebrows on my face all the time

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I got my eyebrows did and I'm super excited so I wanted to share
Spoiler:

so I used to fill them in daily because my natural brows are weak as fuck, but I just got them microbladed! It's kind of like a semi-permanent 'tattoo' that lasts about a year, and boy am I excited to not have to fill them in anymore, I'm just going to have good eyebrows on my face all the time

They look amazing! I can't believe I've never heard of microblading before. My eyebrows are really sparse and I'm terrible at shaping them myself, so to have super model brows is like a dream of mine, haha.

One question though: does it hurt?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
They look amazing! I can't believe I've never heard of microblading before. My eyebrows are really sparse and I'm terrible at shaping them myself, so to have super model brows is like a dream of mine, haha.

One question though: does it hurt?
Same! I totally know how you feel. I had gotten okay at shaping my brows, but it was still inconsistent sometimes and it eats up like 10 min of my morning routine alone so I'm super happy with this haha

It actually hurt a fair bit for me, but according to my artist it varies a lot depending on the person, and so does where it hurts and when - for me, the closer she got to my temples the more it hurt, but it didn't hurt near the front of my brows. Some people also say the stinging from the creams applied after hurt more than the initial cuts themselves, but that was not true for me.

The procedure is basically making lots of hair-like cuts in your brows one by one with a small scalpel-like tool and filling them with pigment, so the results are more natural than tattooed eyebrows - they really look like little hairs in your brow! Here's my before/after shot from her IG for a close up:
Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
First of all how is your skin that flawless close-up

Ah, I thought it might sting! Still sounds worthwhile. I've been reading up on it and the before/after images are really convincing me. :o

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
First of all how is your skin that flawless close-up

Ah, I thought it might sting! Still sounds worthwhile. I've been reading up on it and the before/after images are really convincing me. :o
omG no that's definitely some editing, my skin is the farthest from flawless haha

And yeah, if you have naturally sparse brows too, definitely! The best thing is it's not really permanent so if brow styles change in the future or you just don't like them anymore, just let them fade away :D

Lil_Mew19

I'm soft uwu
Years
Um... I look kinda crappy, but I guess I can post some pics

This was after I got this really awesome blue hoodie
Spoiler:

This was from a while ago...
Spoiler:

That's all I, I guess? Sorry , I'm kinda strange looking, lol.

((Had to edit cause the links were messed up))​

Last edited:
Back