• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Spoilers] Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?

Who should Marry Ash Ketchum?

• Misty (Japanese: カスミ Kasumi)

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • May (Japanese: ハルカ Haruka)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Dawn (Japanese: ヒカリ Hikari)

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Iris (Japanese: アイリス Iris)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Serena (Japanese: セレナ Serena)

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Lana (Japanese: スイレン Suiren)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lillie (Japanese: リーリエ Lilie)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mallow (Japanese: マオ Mao)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verity (Japanese: マコト Makoto)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No One

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
My answer is between Misty and Serena. I chose Misty because, she has always cared for ash throughout the seasons. But i don't think she will get married with ash. But rather with Tracay. So, it left Serana being married with Ash.

Note:- your question was about who shall marry ash not who will. And i want misty to get married.

Last edited:
Years
Pearlshipping is awesome and is my favourite Pokemon shipping.

Ash and Dawn have such a strong bond with each other, they sung a duet about how close they are and how much they mean to each other (High Touch)

I have a girlfriend called Bethany, I have been together with her for a few years.
Ash and Dawn act the same way towards each other, as me and my girlfriend do to each other.
That is why I believe Satohika / Pearlshipping will become cannon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Ash and Dawn will never be togather, there are other girls for Ash to be with like Misty or Lillie.

Years
Serena is the perfect choice for marrying Ash, because Ash and Serena have known each other since childhood. And i am hoping the grand final episode of the Pokemon will have Ash and Serena as an married couple on adult and have childrens. Also Ash for being and Pokemon Master and Serena as housewife.

(sorry for my poor English)

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Hmmm, hard to choose between IRIS and Lillie, i remember that the others had some hints to have potential love for some other people (like rivals , drew ? Of the competitions where pokemon do dance stuff, i forgot the names)

Edit:

Examples: Brock with Misty? (I know that Misty liked ash many times but in many anime they put something similiar and in the end the unexpected couple appear)

Dawn x Zoe ?

May x Drew

Last edited:
Years
Dawn is my favourite Pokemon character, so I choose her, plus her and Ash were quite close in the Diamon and Pearl series. So I chose Pearlshipping as my OTP.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
IMO I don't think any of them should marry him - I didn't see any romantic synergy between any of them from Ash. True, Serena was blatantly interested in Ash (to the point where she kissed him), but I never saw anything from Ash suggesting that he felt even remotely the same. Of all his companions, the one he seemed most physically close to was Dawn - but then theirs feels more familial than romantic. The same goes for Misty for me — and the rest just seemed like his friends. Ignoring the fact that he's an eternal 10 year old, he didn't seem to have any romantic feelings for any of his female companions.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I'm still missing the option for Latias, or at last Bianca. It gives a pretty interesting dynamic because who better an option for a boy whose primary interest and approach to things, let's accept it, is going to be via Pokémon.

Barring that however I guess I could see Misty or Dawn as reasonable options.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
There's also Bayleef if we're going the Pokemon route but as I pointed out a long time ago, he's not marrying anyone because he's eternally 10. This is more about who we would want him to marry as opposed to whom he will marry, if any at all. That said, I would want him to marry Serena for personal reasons.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
For me, the idea of marrying a pokemon is like marrying an animal, albeit an intelligent one - it doesn't ring true for me. Otherwise, I can still say I wouldn't want him to marry any of them because the romantic synergy just doesn't exist for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If Ash had any sort of romantic bone in his body I suppose I'd have to say either Dawn or Serena. However, even when he's older I don't believe Ash is the type to settle down and get married so I don't think he'll be going and marrying anyone. Rather he'll focus on his journey with Pikachu and his Pokemon for probably his whole life, honestly.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It has to be Serena because she's the one who won the Ashbowl by kissing him. I'm awfully surprised of Dawn, even as a fan of her, is getting more votes than her when she already has someone else to ship with.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I know May is shipped sith Drew but I personally feel that May x Ash is the way to go. I think they shared a healthy dynamic between them both with the whole competitive vs Contest system.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
The only kiss in the entire anime's history was between Serena and Ash at the end of XY&Z. All of the other pokegirls were too focused on their own careers to ever consider Ash as a boyfriend.

Years
Why is "he remains an innocent celibate forever" not an option?
Honestly Serena. Is it because she's the best girl?

Nope. I honestly like her the least. Ash is probably going to be a terrible husband who just focuses too much on Pokemon, and Serena is the least ambitious girl, so she'd do fine as a stay at home wife/mother. The rest of the girls have too many dreams to settle down with this nerd who's never going to give up his.

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
Yeah I reeeallly don't see Ash marrying anyone. I could say Misty for nostalgias sake or maybe Serena cuz' the whole kissing thing (which I didn't even know happened lol) but yeeeah I don't see him marrying any of them :P

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I really wish Ash cared about that sort of thing. LOL

But that's just me lovin my shipping.

Out of that list, I'd pick Serena, I thought they were super cute together.

Back