The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Random Pokemon Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2176    
Old July 21st, 2018 (10:47 PM). Edited July 21st, 2018 by Abberancy.
Abberancy's Avatar
Abberancy Abberancy is online now
     
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 4
    Fourm Username: Abberancy
    Game Version: Ultra Moon
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: I'm fine with either.
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: None
      #2177    
    Old July 22nd, 2018 (12:19 AM).
    Janp's Avatar
    Janp Janp is online now
     
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Czech Republic
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 2,258
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abberancy View Post
    Fourm Username: Abberancy
    Game Version: Ultra Moon
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: I'm fine with either.
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: None
    You get:



    I think they should all be available in Ultra Moon.
    __________________
      #2178    
    Old July 22nd, 2018 (10:44 AM).
    Abberancy's Avatar
    Abberancy Abberancy is online now
       
      Join Date: Jun 2018
      Posts: 4
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
      You get:



      I think they should all be available in Ultra Moon.
      Awesome, thanks!
        #2179    
      Old July 24th, 2018 (8:07 PM).
      Pluckles's Avatar
      Pluckles Pluckles is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2018
        Posts: 14
        I have completed my yellow random run.

        These were the Pokemon I was given.


        Polly lv47
        Fly/Take Down/Double-Edge/Wing Attack


        Kline lv49
        Confusion/Psybeam/Mega Drain/Poisonpowder


        Legume lv48
        Bite/Body Slam/Fire Blast/Fire Spin


        Chey lv51
        Surf/Dragon Rage/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt


        Micchi lv52
        Softboiled/Psychic/Toxic/Blizzard

        Play time and Hall of Fame

        Gotta say, Chansey was definitely the MVP of this run, especially the latter half. Stalling with Toxic + Softboiled, along with her huge Special stat was really good. I'd even switch out to Flareon throughout fights and do Toxic + Fire Spin, to beat high risk targets. Dragonair was also really good, once getting the TM's all set up. Overall fun and kinda challenging run towards the end, especially with an unevolved Pidgeotto and a squishy Butterfree.
        __________________
        Current Challenges:

        Monocolor
        Yellow - αSapphire


          #2180    
        Old July 27th, 2018 (5:26 PM).
        Persondynamo2222 Persondynamo2222 is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2017
          Posts: 9
          Forum Username: Persondynamo2222
          Game Version: Platinum
          Number of Pokemon: 6
          Exclude NFEs: Yes
          National Dex: Yes
          Restrictions: None
            #2181    
          Old July 27th, 2018 (10:09 PM).
          Janp's Avatar
          Janp Janp is online now
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Location: Czech Republic
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 2,258
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Persondynamo2222 View Post
          Forum Username: Persondynamo2222
          Game Version: Platinum
          Number of Pokemon: 6
          Exclude NFEs: Yes
          National Dex: Yes
          Restrictions: None
          You get:



          Let me know if you can't get any of them.
          __________________
            #2182    
          Old July 28th, 2018 (7:38 AM).
          Persondynamo2222 Persondynamo2222 is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2017
            Posts: 9
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
            You get:



            Let me know if you can't get any of them.
            No. This is perfect. Since I am using an emulator, I can all these easily.
              #2183    
            Old August 6th, 2018 (6:49 PM).
            Strike the Blood's Avatar
            Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
            I am the best in the world.
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Location: In the Flax Fields.
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 1,110
            Forum Username: Strike The Blood
            Game Version: Emerald
            Number of Pokemon: 6
            Exclude NFEs: No.
            National Dex: No.
            Restrictions: Probably try and give me a team that can use every TM. Other than that go nuts.
            __________________
            ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
              #2184    
            Old August 7th, 2018 (8:14 AM).
            Janp's Avatar
            Janp Janp is online now
             
            Join Date: Apr 2013
            Location: Czech Republic
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 2,258
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Strike the Blood View Post
            Forum Username: Strike The Blood
            Game Version: Emerald
            Number of Pokemon: 6
            Exclude NFEs: No.
            National Dex: No.
            Restrictions: Probably try and give me a team that can use every TM. Other than that go nuts.
            Every TM? Can't I roll you team that can learn all HMs?



            Enjoy!
            __________________
              #2185    
            Old August 7th, 2018 (1:46 PM).
            Strike the Blood's Avatar
            Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
            I am the best in the world.
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Location: In the Flax Fields.
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 1,110
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
            Every TM? Can't I roll you team that can learn all HMs?



            Enjoy!
            I for some reason put TM instead of HM. Thanks for the team.
            __________________
            ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
              #2186    
            Old August 8th, 2018 (8:00 AM).
            Strike the Blood's Avatar
            Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
            I am the best in the world.
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Location: In the Flax Fields.
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 1,110
            Honestly the first hour of this team was a pain in the ass but once I had an actual selection and decent moves it was really easy.

            https://imgur.com/a/8Ef316z
            ^ Album of the challenge ^

            Final Team:





            __________________
            ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
              #2187    
            Old August 11th, 2018 (3:09 PM).
            OverlordGMSC's Avatar
            OverlordGMSC OverlordGMSC is offline
               
              Join Date: Aug 2018
              Posts: 1
              Forum Username: OverlordGMSC
              Game Version: LeafGreen
              Number of Pokemon: 6
              Exclude NFEs: Yes
              National Dex: Yes
              Restrictions: None

              I saw this a couple a weeks ago but I now have the time to do one :3
                #2188    
              Old August 11th, 2018 (4:34 PM).
              Strike the Blood's Avatar
              Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
              I am the best in the world.
               
              Join Date: May 2011
              Location: In the Flax Fields.
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 1,110
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by OverlordGMSC View Post
              Forum Username: OverlordGMSC
              Game Version: LeafGreen
              Number of Pokemon: 6
              Exclude NFEs: Yes
              National Dex: Yes
              Restrictions: None

              I saw this a couple a weeks ago but I now have the time to do one :3
              Here is your team.
              __________________
              ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
                #2189    
              Old August 21st, 2018 (1:00 PM).
              MudkipMafia's Avatar
              MudkipMafia MudkipMafia is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2017
                Location: Verdanturf Town
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 8
                Forum Username: MudkipMafia
                Game Version: FireRed
                Number of Pokemon: 6
                Exclude NFEs: No
                National Dex: No
                Restrictions: Only pokemon who are LC or NFE. One Pokemon before 1st gym, full team before 7th gym (Cinnabar for me). All HMs if possible
                  #2190    
                Old August 21st, 2018 (5:13 PM). Edited August 21st, 2018 by Suon.
                Suon's Avatar
                Suon Suon is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2014
                  Location: Australia
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 75
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MudkipMafia View Post
                  Forum Username: MudkipMafia
                  Game Version: FireRed
                  Number of Pokemon: 6
                  Exclude NFEs: No
                  National Dex: No
                  Restrictions: Only pokemon who are LC or NFE. One Pokemon before 1st gym, full team before 7th gym (Cinnabar for me). All HMs if possible
                  Your team:


                  Good luck! Blame the RNG if it gets too hard ;)

                  My sign-up:
                  ====================
                  Forum Username: Suon
                  Game Version: Platinum
                  Number of Pokemon: 6
                  Exclude NFEs: No
                  National Dex: No
                  Restrictions: Only Pokémon that are obtainable before the E4, no trading/hacking. Preferably one before the 1st gym
                  ====================
                  __________________
                  “You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
                  “Why, what did she tell you?”
                  “I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”
                    #2191    
                  Old August 22nd, 2018 (5:51 AM).
                  Janp's Avatar
                  Janp Janp is online now
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2013
                  Location: Czech Republic
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 2,258
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Suon View Post
                  My sign-up:
                  ====================
                  Forum Username: Suon
                  Game Version: Platinum
                  Number of Pokemon: 6
                  Exclude NFEs: No
                  National Dex: No
                  Restrictions: Only Pokémon that are obtainable before the E4, no trading/hacking. Preferably one before the 1st gym
                  ====================
                  Okay, let's see if I can roll this one...
                  __________________
                    #2192    
                  Old August 22nd, 2018 (12:45 PM).
                  MudkipMafia's Avatar
                  MudkipMafia MudkipMafia is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2017
                    Location: Verdanturf Town
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 8
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Suon View Post
                    Your team:


                    Good luck! Blame the RNG if it gets too hard ;)

                    My sign-up:
                    ====================
                    Forum Username: Suon
                    Game Version: Platinum
                    Number of Pokemon: 6
                    Exclude NFEs: No
                    National Dex: No
                    Restrictions: Only Pokémon that are obtainable before the E4, no trading/hacking. Preferably one before the 1st gym
                    ====================
                    Confirming Team of Pikachu, Grimer, Exeggute, Growlithe, Geodude, and Nidoran Male. Love this team by the way :)
                      #2193    
                    Old August 23rd, 2018 (2:21 PM).
                    Radboy's Avatar
                    Radboy Radboy is online now
                    Is Very Fast
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2016
                      Location: Texas
                      Age: 16
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 47
                      I'm about to have a long day tomorrow. I really need something for a long ride.

                      Forum Username: Radboy
                      Game Version: Ultra Sun
                      Number of Pokemon: 6
                      Exclude NFEs: Yes
                      National Dex: No
                      Restrictions: No Starters, 1 Pokemon before the first trial. I can't trade or hack, so no Ultra Moon exclusives.
                      __________________
                      "Success is a Journey, not a destination" - Arthur Ashe


                      Challenge Log:
                      Challenge Hall Of Fame
                      Ultra Sun Random Pokemon Challenge - Trials (5/8)
                      Alolan Persian, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Arcanine, Araquanid, Skarmory
                      Soulsilver Electric Evolved Monotype - Badges (7/16)
                        #2194    
                      Old August 24th, 2018 (12:08 AM).
                      Matzeho1996's Avatar
                      Matzeho1996 Matzeho1996 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2013
                        Location: Austria
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 158
                        Hope I am not too late. Here is your Team:

                        Persian - Alola
                        Ribombee
                        Mudsdale
                        Arcanine
                        Araquanid
                        Skarmory
                          #2195    
                        Old August 24th, 2018 (4:39 AM).
                        Radboy's Avatar
                        Radboy Radboy is online now
                        Is Very Fast
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2016
                          Location: Texas
                          Age: 16
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Timid
                          Posts: 47
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Matzeho1996 View Post
                          Hope I am not too late. Here is your Team:

                          Persian - Alola
                          Ribombee
                          Mudsdale
                          Arcanine
                          Araquanid
                          Skarmory
                          Confirming this team. Don’t worry, I got it in time.
                          __________________
                          "Success is a Journey, not a destination" - Arthur Ashe


                          Challenge Log:
                          Challenge Hall Of Fame
                          Ultra Sun Random Pokemon Challenge - Trials (5/8)
                          Alolan Persian, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Arcanine, Araquanid, Skarmory
                          Soulsilver Electric Evolved Monotype - Badges (7/16)
                            #2196    
                          Old August 25th, 2018 (4:01 PM).
                          TheGamechu's Avatar
                          TheGamechu TheGamechu is offline
                          Commander Of The Mighty Dorbs
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2015
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 5
                            Looks interesting! I'll go for it.
                            Forum Username: TheGamechu
                            Game Version: Platinum
                            Number of Pokemon: 6
                            Exclude NFEs: Yes (However, some NFEs, like porygon2 for example, are acceptable)
                            National Dex: Yes
                            Restrictions: Try to make sure my team can use the HMs necessary to complete the game. Also, I would prefer to not use any starters.
                              #2197    
                            Old August 25th, 2018 (4:40 PM).
                            Persondynamo2222 Persondynamo2222 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2017
                              Posts: 9
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TheGamechu View Post
                              Looks interesting! I'll go for it.
                              Forum Username: TheGamechu
                              Game Version: Platinum
                              Number of Pokemon: 6
                              Exclude NFEs: Yes (However, some NFEs, like porygon2 for example, are acceptable)
                              National Dex: Yes
                              Restrictions: Try to make sure my team can use the HMs necessary to complete the game. Also, I would prefer to not use any starters.
                              Okay. You get: Torterra, Purugly, Absol, Pelipper, Snorlax, and Dodrio. Have fun.
                                #2198    
                              Old August 25th, 2018 (4:48 PM).
                              TheGamechu's Avatar
                              TheGamechu TheGamechu is offline
                              Commander Of The Mighty Dorbs
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2015
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 5
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Persondynamo2222 View Post
                                Okay. You get: Torterra, Purugly, Absol, Pelipper, Snorlax, and Dodrio. Have fun.
                                I didn't really want to use a starter, but oh well. Team confirmed, let's do this.
                                __________________
                                Avatar courtesy of the Pokemon Fusion Generator.

                                Praise the Dorb.
                                  #2199    
                                Old August 25th, 2018 (4:56 PM).
                                Persondynamo2222 Persondynamo2222 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2017
                                  Posts: 9
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by TheGamechu View Post
                                  I didn't really want to use a starter, but oh well. Team confirmed, let's do this.
                                  Oh. Sorry. Let me fix that. I forgot that part. Instead of Torterra, you get Masquerain. Sorry for that.
                                    #2200    
                                  Old August 25th, 2018 (5:07 PM).
                                  MudkipMafia's Avatar
                                  MudkipMafia MudkipMafia is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2017
                                    Location: Verdanturf Town
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 8
                                    So I understand how RNG can make my run hard. I have only Pikachu to fight Brock because Nidoran Male can't be found before the first gym in Fire Red. So this should be interesting...


                                    Spoiler:

                                    Here he is, the first Pokemon of the run: Squeaker the Timid Pikachu



                                    Time to grind up to level 10 to deal with Viridian Forest and Gary



                                    Luckily the forest is easy becuase the trainers kinda suck. However, I don't expect this run to be easy for long...

                                    Now time to fight Gary (called Grown to remind me of my handicap) who should be easy.




                                    Purposely chose Charmander so I can easily sweep Gary with Pikachu for the first few teams.

                                    Fighting Brock with only Pikachu was actually not as bad as I would think. I leveled up Pikachu to level 16 because I got tired of grinding him to level 20 (when he gets slam, a better move than quick attack for damage). It knew the moves Thundershock, Double-Team, Thunder Wave, and Quick Attack, definitely not the best for a Geodude and an Onix.





                                    (I forgot to take screenshots of Geodude, I just killed with about 20 Quick Attacks and Max evasion) Onix was kind of a pain, because I had no more quick attacks and had to burn PP for about 45 turns (Thanks Speed Up Button) and struggle Onix to death. This battle wasn't really that bad, as it only took me one try to complete this fight.

                                    That's all for now, but I'll be back soon...
                                    Closed Thread

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off
                                    Minimum Characters Per Post: 25

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:31 PM.