• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[HELP] any way to make Deoxys stay in Normal Form in Pokemon Emerald

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
I've been having immense trouble trying to change Deoxys' Base Stats for a while in Pokemon Emerald. I've noticed that whatever stat changes I implement (tried using numerous different tools and different ROMs) the stats only affect Deoxys while in its Normal Form... as soon as I capture it the game uses the game's original BST for Deoxys. I'm wondering if someone can help me find a solution to this, potentially through:

- Finding out how to edit Speed Deoxys' BST
- Being able to force the game to keep Deoxys in its Normal Form
- Something else I haven't considered?

Much appreciated everyone, this issue has been plaguing me for ages.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
I've been having immense trouble trying to change Deoxys' Base Stats for a while in Pokemon Emerald. I've noticed that whatever stat changes I implement (tried using numerous different tools and different ROMs) the stats only affect Deoxys while in its Normal Form... as soon as I capture it the game uses the game's original BST for Deoxys. I'm wondering if someone can help me find a solution to this, potentially through:

- Finding out how to edit Speed Deoxys' BST
- Being able to force the game to keep Deoxys in its Normal Form
- Something else I haven't considered?

Much appreciated everyone, this issue has been plaguing me for ages.

I'm not exactly sure how you can change its BST, or Deoxys' formes but what you can do instead is use one of the placeholder Pokemon from Celebi-Treecko, change its Sprites to normal forme Deoxys, and then change the stats, cry, catch rate etc. to match a normal forme Deoxys. Once this is done, just replace any data that you wish for Deoxys with the index of the placeholder Pokemon (which would then act as a normal forme Deoxys) Hope this helps! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
I'm not exactly sure how you can change its BST, or Deoxys' formes but what you can do instead is use one of the placeholder Pokemon from Celebi-Treecko, change its Sprites to normal forme Deoxys, and then change the stats, cry, catch rate etc. to match a normal forme Deoxys. Once this is done, just replace any data that you wish for Deoxys with the index of the placeholder Pokemon (which would then act as a normal forme Deoxys) Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I've used one of the placeholders, namely the one immediately before Treecko for Mega Absol. However, changing the sprite to that of M. Absol changed every single ?? slot. Am I able to have both Deoxys and M. Absol in those slots? I'm not sure how to change on ?? sprite without overwriting M. Absol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
BST is Base Stat Total, just thought I'd point that out since you seem to be using BST where you mean to say "base stats"

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Thanks for the suggestion! I've used one of the placeholders, namely the one immediately before Treecko for Mega Absol. However, changing the sprite to that of M. Absol changed every single ?? slot. Am I able to have both Deoxys and M. Absol in those slots? I'm not sure how to change on ?? sprite without overwriting M. Absol.

Unfortunately, I don't know how give each of these ?? separate sprites, I only know how to change base stats and such, sorry.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
Unfortunately, I don't know how give each of these ?? separate sprites, I only know how to change base stats and such, sorry.

Ah that's okay, I'll see if it's possible. It's unfortunate because I've asked around and I haven't found anyone that knows how to solve this :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020

I can't seem to find those offsets... I'm a novice when it comes to hex editing, but it seems like the largest offsets are only 6 characters long, while all of these are 7 characters. I'll admit it's likely that I'm doing it wrong as I have only used a hex editor a handful of times, but I can't figure out if the numbers given are wrong or if it's something I'm doing (or not doing). I use Goldfinger if that changes anything.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
Update: forgot to take off the 80 at the beginning of the offset; I managed to get the altered stats to carry over to Speed Form Deoxys! I tested the other two changes as well. The sprite change worked fine, but the icon change edit broke every icon in the game, so I wouldn't recommend.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020

Import a new sprite in a different location in the ROM and use its offsets instead of the Mega Absol ones in the editor.

Back