• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Moving Forward : Happy to join the PC family!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Ah, so that's why the website wasn't accessible for a day a few days ago, huh?

Good luck to the new owners. I'm sure this is a change for the better.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I suppose this explains the fluctuations happening recently on here?

Also, when I searched Pomador Media via Google I wasn't able to find anything. However, when I searched Pomador the first result I received was their LinkedIn page, which lead to me to what i perceive as their home page. Worthy of note I wasn't able to find their home page via search engine.

That said, unless i'm missing something here, isn't saying Pomador Media a bit misleading, since from what I can gather Pomador is an equity firm that "scale our portfolio assets into large, meaningful websites and recognized brands"---which in this case PC qualifies as a "portfolio asset."

Also, another question, is Pomador a public company & have shareholders?

I want to know as well because i couldnt find anything on the company that now owns a community ive been with for over 5yrs now. I want to know about the company more in a bussiness matter.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I want to know as well because i couldnt find anything on the company that now owns a community ive been with for over 5yrs now. I want to know about the company more in a bussiness matter.

Thats actually a good question, because that would count as a big difference of what happens, i would think at least.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Before I get in-depth here, just wanna comment that I'm super excited to see the ownership transfer finally be complete, and PC's future is no longer in question. Honestly I was quite skeptical that this day would even come, so to see a formal announcement from a new owner fills me with determination. It's also quite nice to see a few old faces here, albeit probably just for one last time (Here's looking at you, Adri!) but this announcement is huge and very exciting.
short of literally never posting again, nothing pomador could do would be more lacklustre than what the bargain bin dan schneider managed to achieve in his tenure. so, on that note, i genuinely wish your team well in their endeavours and that you make do on your mission statements!
I'm quite excited that there's better management here now, so I concur with you on that statement.

1. As most of you are using this website on mobile devices, we started to work on a more responsive website look. Today on mobile, you're seeing the same website version you see on desktops, just smaller. We're adjusting this look to be compatible with mobile devices.

2. We have two types of ads on PC today: banner / image ads and text ads on top of forum messages. In the near future, we'll remove the text ads for a cleaner experience on the site. We find these ads intrusive and misleading, instead we'll add a few image ads. The ads experience will be clearer, you'll know exactly what is an ad and what is not. Not like today where you can accidentally click on a text ad.

3. Pages are now taking a very substantial time to load. This is to be somewhat expected from a website that's been built patch over patch for the past 15 years. Our goal here is to improve the tech infrastructure. Hopefully, by the end of this process, pages will load much faster and smoother.
1. The New UI as we've dubbed it is very good in that regard, I can't wait for it to fully roll out to the entire memberbase. Using the desktop site on mobile for many years wasn't the best.

2. Having been a supporter on PC for many, many years, I've forgotten how bad the experience can be with ads here. It's good to see that the text ads will finally be going away, they've been a nuisance for many years, even breaking some posts I've made.

3. Let's hope that all works out. In the past I've seen other devs here commenting on how bad vBulletin was written, so I understand why it's so bad.

Years
Why is no concerns about the actual company itself being answered though?

because that is something that the owner themselves would have to answer.

this is something i have raised with an admin already and it's likely we will give an answer in due time.

Last edited:
Years
because that is something that the owner themselves would have to answer.

this is something i have raised with an admin already and it's likely we will give an answer in due time.

That's good, because I'm a bit skeptical of the forum being handed to a company in Israel with no search results or anything.
It just seems so sketchy to me, sorry!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Following your questions, Pomador is a private company based in Israel with 9 employees that specialize in improving websites.
To set your mind at ease, the community is what brought us here, and we wouldn't want to change it or the nature of discussions in the forums.
We aim to create the best environment (mobile friendly, load time, etc.) for the community to grow and thrive. This is our main focus.
I'm sure that over time all of your concerns will be dissolve, and you'll be able to see that we put the community first.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
How active will the company, as a company, be in handling the content on PC? Particularly user posted content.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
How active will the company, as a company, be in handling the content on PC? Particularly user posted content.
That has traditionally been the responsibility of the member-chosen volunteer staff (us). We haven't heard anything that indicates that will change much. Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
That has traditionally been the responsibility of the member-chosen volunteer staff (us). We haven't heard anything that indicates that will change much. Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

Yeah I get that (though I've never known the team to be chosen by the members? Is that something you guys do now?) but Steve wasn't a company, he was an individual. I'm just cautious as to how a private entity running a community would handle content that could either be seen as a breach of copyright law or could go against company ethics (like ROM hacks, political or deep discussion, fan art etc).

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Yeah I get that (though I've never known the team to be chosen by the members? Is that something you guys do now?) but Steve wasn't a company, he was an individual. I'm just cautious as to how a private entity running a community would handle content that could either be seen as a breach of copyright law or could go against company ethics (like ROM hacks, political or deep discussion, fan art etc).
Think the wording got a little mixed up. Regular members don't choose staff members, but staff members are members so are member chosen. Something like that :))))

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Think the wording got a little mixed up. Regular members don't choose staff members, but staff members are members so are member chosen. Something like that :))))

Yeah, I fully get the selection process, I'm just unclear as to how a private entity that could be liable to Nintendo in a way Steve was not as liable will handle sensitive issues on the forum itself.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I don't know if this is something that will be able to be answered, but personally I'm just curious as to how PC's business model will change, since businesses exist to make a profit and don't see any other reason for Pomodor to get involved. Would be cool to eventually have a full breakdown of funds - how the advertising revenue is used (just for Pomodor's profits? For hosting costs? etc) and how donations are being used. Just for increased transparency now that there is a profit-making party openly involved.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Logan is correct, that's how I meant, haha. We're members just like you who worked our way up. Pomador are in a whole different position, as was Steve in the past.

As for Josh's comment, yes, Pomador intends to profit from PC, which is something Steve hasn't done for years - PC barely kept itself afloat from what he showed us. Pomador's incentive for improving the site is certainly rooted in the prospect of earning money in the long run. That was always going to be the realistic fate of PC if we urged Steve to sell it, anything else would have been naive to expect. We've however made it very clear that we want the community to remain as is (but improved, as you can see that they want to do) and we'll do our very best to work together with Pomador and make sure they understand what the members need and want. As you can see from Sharmanti's replies, they're quite willing :)

Last edited:
Back