• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Daytonamustdie

Chuggaaconroy as Escanor
Years
Just finished the demo it's great but I just wish the wild Pokemon in mt onwa also this is just a suggestion and you don't have do this but I wish the gym battles were a bit harder with more Pokemon on their teams but that's just me.
Also I would like gym leader rematchs in any potential post game. But damn you did a good job on everything I just wish I could help and I hope coral becomes popular so more people do the gb/gbc tittles

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Just finished the demo it's great but I just wish the wild Pokemon in mt onwa also this is just a suggestion and you don't have do this but I wish the gym battles were a bit harder with more Pokemon on their teams but that's just me.
Also I would like gym leader rematchs in any potential post game. But damn you did a good job on everything I just wish I could help and I hope coral becomes popular so more people do the gb/gbc tittles

Yeah thats a good point, the third gym was far too easy with only two pokemon with a very exploitable weakness since Sunny Day boosts fire attacks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I wanted to request this as I noticed it was missing but you don't have the Team Snare battle theme uploaded on SoundCloud and it would be nice to have a copy of that somewhere. Your music for this game is impressive to say the least.

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I'm enjoying this hack a lot. Will the next demo be compatible with current save files?

Two minor bugs/errors:

1. One of the library books says "captian".

2. My Snubbull can use Rock Smash in the field despite not knowing the move. I think it inherited the field ability from my Growlithe. This is cool but weird.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
I'm enjoying this hack a lot. Will the next demo be compatible with current save files?

Two minor bugs/errors:

1. One of the library books says "captian".

2. My Snubbull can use Rock Smash in the field despite not knowing the move. I think it inherited the field ability from my Growlithe. This is cool but weird.

Pokemon don't need to know HM moves to use them anymore. You just need the HM, the Gym Badge, and a Pokemon that CAN learn it. Multiple NPCs mention it, and it's in the list of features in the OP.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 14, 2019
There is a bug in version 2.2 where the Pokedex cannot show area of the Pokemon you're looking for.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
This hack is great. I can feel the love that was put into it.

I noticed a typo: The guy who gives you the Old Rod calls it a "peice" of crap.

(Edit)

I just got to Starglow Valley and I have a major complaint, lmao, I'm sure you've heard this one before, but forcing a Team Snare encounter when I've just gotten through a cave with all but one of my Pokemon fainted was not cool.

Last edited:
Years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmhON7g1Q0&t=646s

felt like making a let's play of this. Updates will be slow-ish because editing text is actually a lot more time-consuming than if i had done voice recording

EDIT: Considering I'm European and Article 13 just got accepted, I don't see any reason to put any similar effort for any next video i make. So from now on i will be uploading with little to no text commentary. If something that i put effort in making gets taken down in a few months i will be very sad.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018
Hello! I specifically made an account to let you know how much I enjoyed playing coral :D
It was a lot of fun and I really loved how many different pokemon there are to choose from~

There are a few quick things I noticed while playing:
--even after having the island pass, if you call Spruce he'll act like you don't have it
--misspelling in the text of the dude who gives you the old rod (someone else already pointed it out)
--there is no way to train pokemon when you're trapped on sunbeam island so if your pokemon can't beat Kage you're kinda screwed
--is it intentional that shiny corsola can only be male? I reset multiple times because I wanted a female...
--there's nothing on the sign as you leave Eventide forest
--is EGGY supposed to be shiny or did I just get incredibly lucky? :p

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Coral isn't dead. I've been busy with work, but I've still been working on it slowly. Here is a sneak peek at Luster City, most likely the biggest city in Onwa.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2020
Hello! Made in an account to show my support for Coraldev and stay up to date. Can't wait for more.

I'll make an effort to post some compliments/criticisms/thoughts later when I have less going on.

Okay so a list of assorted thoughts
-Lilypads in water are a nice touch
-I thought the first gym was really good balance wise, I was surprised. I went in thinking like what even normal types have been introduced so far that had not been retconned into fairy type. Was not disappointed.
-Fake out as the reward tm is really good and fits his strategic theme. Generally gym one was excellent.
-Fairy forest was a cool idea. I didn't even try to go into the gym before checking it out so I was not like stuck trying to find the library card. That said I think like every npc in that town mentions it so I would have put 2 and 2 together.
-Caught shiny zubat! Named it HubbaBubba. unsure if shiny was at normal terrible gen 2 odds or the occurrence value was adjusted (intentional or otherwise?)
-Gym 2 however was pretty lame and slightly disappointing. I think politoed would be cool and probably not too difficult (not biased at all)
-Rain dance as tm makes sense for the fishing theme. Also, the aesthetic of the gym was well done.
-Idk if this was just me but as this is an incomplete version I took snorlax to mean demo over. I figured it out and played to the end of the available content but I think an npc should say something suspicious there like "man that Pok?mon blocking the road is so annoying. If only there was some other way around" idk.
-old rod typo multiple people mentioned.
-way to get good rod was interesting
-SURFING LAVA WHAt a cool idea! the text of the lava surfers reminded me of the dude-bro gorons in BoTW.
-Should probably add 5% magcargo to the lava encounter table so spice it up
-Found the special pokemon in the lava area which was a really cool surprise.
-Generally liked how the gym leaders felt like real people in the worlds.
-Gym 3 was between the quality of the first two in my opinion.
-New HM system is amazing; could have indicated that the actual HMs themselves are now forgettable like tms but otherwise A+ chef smooch
-I understand the limitations but if you found a way to give the new pokemon a version of their cries it would add a lot to the game experience.
-evil team grunts remind me of the enemies in the arcade of earthbound <3
-absolutely loved the scene where you look out over the town with mountain girl, more earthbound vibes
-Didnt like going into shiny corsola battle without being healed. I lived on like 5 health (fire type) from evil team boss fight. Corsola was still there tho so I guess its alright.
-I wish the different trainer colors didn?t change the color of the ball in the backsprit
I know it?s probably referencing the same color as the character tho
-The people around the snorlax should cheer when you kill/catch it. For more earthbound vibes ??And like all face forward lol
-Dodrio ranch is a cool idea! Murkrow totally fits the aesthetic
-Have not figured out lost woods puzzle yet. Working on it.

big big fan so far. kind of inspiring me to try my hand at this honestly

Last edited:
Back