• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Review Exchange

Bay

Years
PokeCommunity Review Exchange

Want to start giving feedback on one story and then get them on your own story? Then this is the place for you!

Basic rules and structure of the review game I got it from Serebii forums, tinkering it here and there to make this game more accessible here.

BASIC STRUCTURE
This is the basic structure of the Review Game:

Person 1 says: Review "Foul Play!"
Person 2 says: "Ok, I reviewed "Foul Play", Ch 1. So can the next person review Shattered Crests?
Person 3 says: Done, did Shattering Crest Ch 5. Can the next person review Star Performer please?
Etc etc.

Before you post here asking for a review, you must write/post a review for the story ahead of you. Also you can't claim a spot. Post a link of your review here and say you did then, and you will be next in line.

In short, you give comments on someone's fic to make their day, and then someone else does the same. Everybody wins!

REVIEW REQUIREMENTS
Write at least two or three sentences mentioning one or more of these points. For instance, you can have a few sentences mentioning just the plot and characters and you're good to go!

Comments like "This is awesome, update more!" or "I want to read more!" doesn't count towards as a sentence for this type of review. Doesn't mean you can't put those in your reviews, just it won't count towards a point.

-Opening and ending(Did it make want you want to read afterwards? Are the opening and ending scenes strong or you feel could tightened up a bit more?)
-Scene (Which scenes stood out to you the most? Any ones you feel didn't work, and if so why?)
-Characters and dialogue (Did you enjoy any of the characters and dialogue? Any interactions you like or didn't like?)
-Plot (Does the overall premise interest you, or not you cup of tea? Perhaps you have some idea where it's heading?)
-Writing (Do you like their writing style? Are the descriptions and paragraphs too flowery/too dense?) **
-Spelling/Grammar (Any typos/awkward sentences/etc that needs fixing or clarification?)
-Overall enjoyment (How you feel after finishing? Were you left at the edge of your seat or bored at the end, and why?)
-Other (Anything else you want to mention left out here)

**When talking about writing style, keep in mind to not have them change their writing style but give tips on making their writing style more accessible to other readers.

REVIEW TEMPLATE AND LAST NOTES
Here is a suggested way to write your review to make them count for this review game. It doesn't have to be this way, but helps to keep things organized.

[One or two sentences for Area 1, another sentence or two for Area 2]

[Ex: Carol and Jess's interactions still amuses me, especially the part with their staring contest. Carol's gym battle with Blaine was also cool, keep my heart pumping! I especially love Charizard's evolution at the end there].

It's that easy!

If you're asking for a multi-chaptered fic to be reviewed, it's best to not ask a review for Chapter 10 of your fic because it's likely your reviewer may not have read the previous 9 chapters. Try to ask for reviews on an earlier chapter when possible. Asking, "review any chapter for x story" is also fine too.

Also, to qualify for the Review Game you only need to review one chapter. Please do not ask for more than one chapter in a multi-chaptered fic. The reviewer can go and review more if they so pleased, but only one chapter is needed for the review game.

LET THE REVIEW EXCHANGE BEGIN!

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
I would like The Stairway to Heaven reviewed please.

The review by Vragon of the 2.0

There yah go, both chapters (though not the title because I have no business in judging art).
As for me, I'd like a review on whichever chapter (or chapters if you want) of shattered crests.

I'd prefer it be on 23, but if you haven't read that far in or would rather do a different chapter, it's cool.

Bay

Years
@gimmepie- Already told you in private the reviews have to be in the thread themselves! Once you have that review in the thread I can reply to it then (still appreciate it though!)

With that said, I edit the wording in the thread a bit to reflect that.

Did a review for Shattered Crests' Ch 23!

Okay, since I'm here I don't mind another review of Foul Play. While I would prefer either the 4th or 5th chapter, if you haven't gotten caught up that far yet that's fine!

Years
Reviewed chapter two here.

I'm looking for more reviews on Stairway to Heaven. The third chapter in particular is brand new but any and all of it is fine.

Edit: The fourth chapter is even more brand new if that matters lol

Last edited:
Years
Reviewed chapter three of Foul Play. Was gonna wait and see if anyone else posted here but apparently that isn't happening. Still looking for reviews on The Stairway to Heaven. The interlude is the most recent chapter at this time but any feedback is appreciated.

Vragon2.0

Years
Reviewed chapter three of Foul Play. Was gonna wait and see if anyone else posted here but apparently that isn't happening. Still looking for reviews on The Stairway to Heaven. The interlude is the most recent chapter at this time but any feedback is appreciated.

So I did your chapter 3
Some guy's thoughts on the internet
Hope it's useful heh.
As for me, the usual
Shattered Crests
any chapter(s) would be fine. Later ones preferred and all those dancing steps. Thanks!

Vragon2.0

Years
Reviewed Simpler than Magic.

Looking for more reviews on The Stairway to Heaven. I'm especially interested in reviews for chapters 4-8 since I've had a lot more feedback on 1-3.

...well, here we go
Stupid internet troll's post,
4 and 5 from the Vragon perspective The least good perspective of them all!!!

I'd like some shattered crests chapter done, I emphasize on the latter ones for obvious reasons, but any will do.

Vragon2.0

Years
Last edited:

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Let's give this a go.

Shattered Crests - done and dusted.

The Middle Ground please.

(I get it's massive so no pressure if you haven't read it, a one-off chapter review is cool too. The beginning is very outdated compared to my writing now and personally, I think it picks up around Chapter 30 but I think the story would still make sense if you started from Chapter 20.)

Years
Let's give this a go.

Shattered Crests - done and dusted.

The Middle Ground please.

(I get it's massive so no pressure if you haven't read it, a one-off chapter review is cool too. The beginning is very outdated compared to my writing now and personally, I think it picks up around Chapter 30 but I think the story would still make sense if you started from Chapter 20.)

Reviewed Chapter 20.

As for myself, always looking for more Stairway reviews.

Vragon2.0

Years
Reviewed Chapter 20.

As for myself, always looking for more Stairway reviews.

so chapter 6 has been read by the lagging behind the cavalry of writers, me.
Totally not a Spam Site (sorry this is another dumb jest. It's the right link.)

Shattered Crests book 1 Lines- yeah yeah, we know Vragon geez would be the object of desire for me to have a review done on. Any chapter will do at any size margin of the chapters reviewed, I will love it either way. Unless you post shipping in which case I WILL-!!!

Back