• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Aster Violet

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
Hey ! Downloaded the game and I've been playing it for some time, lemme check 4h59, (not 5 hours, 4h59 e_e) and I just beat third badge.
I have few feedback to provide, but please keep in mind that I'm doing that for future advise for your games.
Spoiler:

And please, I didn't mean to be rude, I'm just giving an honest feedback. It's up to you to decide if it's pointless criticism or if this could help you.

Last edited:

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Hey ! Downloaded the game and I've been playing it for some time, lemme check 4h59, (not 5 hours, 4h59 e_e) and I just beat third badge.
I have few feedback to provide, but please keep in mind that I'm doing that for future advise for your games.

And please, I didn't mean to be rude, I'm just giving an honest feedback. It's up to you to decide if it's pointless criticism or if this could help you.

Thanks for the honest feedback. :)
I can see all of these faults now too. ^^ I had little to no experience when I started development, and that shows.
Now that I have more experience and a whole lot of feedback I'm hoping that the sequels will turn out much better. :)
Don't hesitate to add any more feedback as you play more. ;)
~TJ

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
Thanks for understanding, most of people can't stand when you give honest feedback even when you're in good intentions you know. I think having people who just say what is bad really benefits the maker or the artist, again, don't see any bad intentions in what I've written.

I can understand the beginner's error. I'm also in the middle of making my first fangame, and I tend to make lot of mistakes to start, and it's kinda good when people are pointing them, I like honest feedback ^^

I'm going to go in the entire game, because regardless of the things I mentioned, it seems interesting, I mean, I didn't even encounter the evil team yet so this is kinda early for a full feedback. I'm going to tell you more as I progress through the game ^^

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Thanks for understanding, most of people can't stand when you give honest feedback even when you're in good intentions you know. I think having people who just say what is bad really benefits the maker or the artist, again, don't see any bad intentions in what I've written.

I can understand the beginner's error. I'm also in the middle of making my first fangame, and I tend to make lot of mistakes to start, and it's kinda good when people are pointing them, I like honest feedback ^^

I'm going to go in the entire game, because regardless of the things I mentioned, it seems interesting, I mean, I didn't even encounter the evil team yet so this is kinda early for a full feedback. I'm going to tell you more as I progress through the game ^^

Thanks. :)

And good luck with your fan game. ;)
Make lots of mistakes so you can learn from them. :laugh-squinted:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
You might want to use a bigger screen size. The screen is so tiny I can't even see to play it. And I can't get it as a bigger screen myself.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
You might want to use a bigger screen size. The screen is so tiny I can't even see to play it. And I can't get it as a bigger screen myself.

I have pointed out before that changing the screen size corrupts the save files for some unknown reason.
Therefore I have removed the option of changing screen size.
If you want a bigger screen, you'll either have to change your screen's resolution or use some third party program.
~TJ

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2020
I was wondering if it's possible for the screen/window resolution of this game to be increased because right now it's kinda small (the window I mean) and there's no way to make it full screen. That's the only thing that's keeping me from actually playing this game.

edit: Never mind. I just saw the post above. LOL. I guess I wont' be playing this game because even when I changed the resolution of my computer, it's still small.... that bug you mentioned could have something to do with the game's coding itself because there are other games like yours that can play just fine in full screen mode without corrupting the save file. Maybe ask someone for help on locating the problem?

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I have pointed out before that changing the screen size corrupts the save files for some unknown reason.
Therefore I have removed the option of changing screen size.
If you want a bigger screen, you'll either have to change your screen's resolution or use some third party program.
~TJ

Or you tell me the code I use and where to make it bigger. Or I just not play it at all. I'm not giving myself an eye strain headache just to play a game.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Or you tell me the code I use and where to make it bigger. Or I just not play it at all. I'm not giving myself an eye strain headache just to play a game.

If you have RPG Maker XP you can re-enable the option quite easily.

In the scripts (third icon from the right in the top menu bar), in the PScreen_Options script, there are several lines close to the bottom which are green.

Code:
#       EnumOption.new(_INTL("Screen Size"),[_INTL("S"),_INTL("M"),_INTL("L"),_INTL("XL"),_INTL("Full")],
#          proc { $PokemonSystem.screensize },
#          proc {|value|
#             oldvalue=$PokemonSystem.screensize
#             $PokemonSystem.screensize=value
#             if value!=oldvalue
#               pbSetResizeFactor($PokemonSystem.screensize)
#               ObjectSpace.each_object(TilemapLoader){|o| next if o.disposed?; o.updateClass }
#             end
#          }
#       ),

Remove the # in the beginning of all those lines. Press ok and save the project.

I do not recommend enabling it.
If you do however, you should not close the game, as save file corruption almost always happens.
You can try returning the screen size to normal before saving, perhaps that helps.
Can't make any promises though.

~TJ

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
If you have RPG Maker XP you can re-enable the option quite easily.

In the scripts (third icon from the right in the top menu bar), in the PScreen_Options script, there are several lines close to the bottom which are green.

Code:
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Quote this section out if you don't want to allow players to change the screen
# size.
#       EnumOption.new(_INTL("Screen Size"),[_INTL("S"),_INTL("M"),_INTL("L"),_INTL("XL"),_INTL("Full")],
#          proc { $PokemonSystem.screensize },
#          proc {|value|
#             oldvalue=$PokemonSystem.screensize
#             $PokemonSystem.screensize=value
#             if value!=oldvalue
#               pbSetResizeFactor($PokemonSystem.screensize)
#               ObjectSpace.each_object(TilemapLoader){|o| next if o.disposed?; o.updateClass }
#             end
#          }
#       ),
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the # in the beginning of all those lines. Press ok and save the project.

I do not recommend enabling it.
If you do however, you should not close the game, as save file corruption almost always happens.
You can try returning the screen size to normal before saving, perhaps that helps.
Can't make any promises though.

~TJ

That worked. You see I don't have to play in full screen. I really just wanted it just a tad bigger. At least up to the large option.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Starting with Aster Violet but I hope to play through all 3 versions :) So far the screen shots look wonderful dear :)

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Should I play Rose Pink/Iris Purple first and then play Aster Violet?

If you want to play several versions, then yes. Since Aster Violet is the superiour/more refined version, you might be disappointed if you started with it and then went to the other ones. ^^
If you're looking to play only one version, AV is the one I'd recommend. ;)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Hey, I can't Open or Extract the files from the 1.42v of AsterViolet. My computer is just telling me it can't open it because it's an Archive. Do you know what's wrong with the file?

Back