The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Yellow Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 230+ pokemon (Eevee starter version testers wanted!)

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

View Poll Results: If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?
Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.) 57 25.33%
Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish) 26 11.56%
Vulpix 48 21.33%
Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu. 84 37.33%
Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>) 10 4.44%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old July 17th, 2018 (2:46 AM).
oscariothetrainer's Avatar
oscariothetrainer oscariothetrainer is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 121
    Can you evolve your evee?
    Reply With Quote
      #127    
    Old July 17th, 2018 (5:33 PM).
    longlostsoldier's Avatar
    longlostsoldier longlostsoldier is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2013
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 152
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by oscariothetrainer View Post
      Can you evolve your evee?
      Yes, in Eevee version it auto-evolves in Sylveon at the moment via level + happiness, just like my edit for Raichu, but has no special emotion sprites / just keeps looking like eevee outside of battle for now, in part because I haven't decided if I want to favor a particular evolution or not yet. Having other evos as well or some kind of weird 'mega evolve eevee temporarily into any evo' type system is something I'm still working on; this is still a very early version of the Eevee edition, hence why I asked for testers. If need be I can just post alternate versions with different evolutions though.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
      I guess in general the game is a little on the easy side, but part of that might be due to it being rather easy to level up (I trained in Viridian Forest instead of the Routes due to the various Pokemon giving 100+ EXP, but also because I was trying to get Yanma). It also could be because I waited until the Pokemon I wanted is a shiny (took me probably 20-30 minutes to finally get a Purple colored Marill when I saw probably three different colors for both Bellsprout and Oddish), which tend to have good stats compared to similar versions of the same Pokemon. While I would agree Hidden Power Ice for Yanma might be a little overkill (I didn't realize until I used it against Spearow that it was Ice, it's actually Pin Missile that has really been doing work), it is also the reason I was able to get my third member with both members of my team almost double the level of the wild Pokemon on Route 24. Replacing Sonicboom for Dragon Rage almost was a mistake at this point in the game, but I still managed. I'm now at Route 25 to get member four for my team, then I'm off to Bill's. I probably could sweep Misty's team with just Raichu at this point, but I'm expecting a little resistance since Brock had some type coverage on his team as well.

      EDIT: Got my fourth member, now to do some training and proceed to Bill's.
      I keep getting complaints that it is too easy, I'm glad that part of this is likely to be people over-grinding. Nonetheless, I'm going to try and tweak the next version (which likely will be out soon as I have a lot of free time right now) a bit more for difficulty, possibly move the grass/water mons except hoppip (who doesn't start with a grass move) out to the next route after Brock or somethin'. I may also be adding Spinarak and Pineco, who likely would be available early instead, and shuffle so Riolu and Sentret can be found wild, although Forretress won't really be itself until/if I program in a Spikes move, which I'm not sure if anyone but me would be interested in playing around with, but could make the Brock fight a bit harder at least.
      I could also perhaps lower the EXP yield of the mons in Viridian forest, now that you mention it, so leveling takes longer, but that seems a little evil. I mean, no one really likes grinding to my knowledge.
      __________________
      Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
      Yellow Hack Tutorial
      Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
      Reply With Quote
        #128    
      Old July 17th, 2018 (6:50 PM).
      TailsMK4 TailsMK4 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2018
        Location: Texas
        Age: 28
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 355
        I would probably say that Brock's would be fine if you removed wild Butterfree and Beedrill from the forest (anyone wanting to say they own the two Bug Pokemon would need to also get Metapod and Kakuna anyway, and they might as well start with Caterpie and Weedle if they did that). It was not uncommon to get 200-300 EXP from them, and I actually encountered them probably every ten battles or so. Could probably also remove Pidgetto and lower the level that Yanma shows up in the wild (Bug/Dragon is a huge obstacle for Pikachu until it gets Quick Attack). In exchange, that leaves room for Spinarak and Pineco, probably not a bad area to place Sentret as well. As for Riolu, that was actually one of the Pokemon I was wanting to get, but since it was not available in the wild, I had to build a team without it. I think if you removed the wild Pokemon with the huge EXP gains, that still would have players nearing a Raichu by the time they finish Mt. Moon, but they would probably be closer to level 18 than to around level 22 or so like I finished at. At that point the rival's team would be a lot harder.

        I also have seen a lot of weird stuff. My file now has a time of 255:59 despite me probably playing for...7 hours? Status conditions except for confusion go away once a turn is completed. There was one scenario I encountered where Yanma's rage apparently was building even though Yanma did not have a rage attack, but all kinds of weird stuff happened when I was trying to use Pin Missile against a Nidoria (I had read that Bug is actually super effective to Poison, which made no sense to me), but instead Yanma was attacking with things like "Attack" and "Defense" (it was not very effective). I also have noticed with a lot of Pokemon, but especially with Yanma, that it "eats a little" when its health is low and gains 10 HP even though I did not use a healing item on it, and often it finds its attack increasing after a successful physical move (getting this with Skarmory as well, but not Raichu or Azumarill). Holding items is also something a little weird...Raichu has "Chow", but noticed my Azumarill has "Max Elixir" as its hold item. I didn't see an option anywhere to assign or remove items. Maybe these hold items are why some Pokemon are being healed of status effects while others aren't (I remember having to rush back to Pokemon Centers for Yanma due to poison), but the hold items do not go away.

        ...Yeah, I've seen a lot of strange stuff and I'm only just about to head to Vermillion City.
        __________________
        Current VPP: (to evolve into an Umbreon) --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral
        Reply With Quote
          #129    
        Old July 18th, 2018 (5:11 AM).
        oscariothetrainer's Avatar
        oscariothetrainer oscariothetrainer is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2015
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 121
          Another thing i just defeated erika how come she has like all her over lvl 50?
          Reply With Quote
            #130    
          Old July 18th, 2018 (6:53 PM).
          longlostsoldier's Avatar
          longlostsoldier longlostsoldier is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2013
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 152
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
            I would probably say that Brock's would be fine if you removed wild Butterfree and Beedrill from the forest (anyone wanting to say they own the two Bug Pokemon would need to also get Metapod and Kakuna anyway, and they might as well start with Caterpie and Weedle if they did that). It was not uncommon to get 200-300 EXP from them, and I actually encountered them probably every ten battles or so. Could probably also remove Pidgetto and lower the level that Yanma shows up in the wild (Bug/Dragon is a huge obstacle for Pikachu until it gets Quick Attack). In exchange, that leaves room for Spinarak and Pineco, probably not a bad area to place Sentret as well. As for Riolu, that was actually one of the Pokemon I was wanting to get, but since it was not available in the wild, I had to build a team without it. I think if you removed the wild Pokemon with the huge EXP gains, that still would have players nearing a Raichu by the time they finish Mt. Moon, but they would probably be closer to level 18 than to around level 22 or so like I finished at. At that point the rival's team would be a lot harder.

            I also have seen a lot of weird stuff. My file now has a time of 255:59 despite me probably playing for...7 hours? Status conditions except for confusion go away once a turn is completed. There was one scenario I encountered where Yanma's rage apparently was building even though Yanma did not have a rage attack, but all kinds of weird stuff happened when I was trying to use Pin Missile against a Nidoria (I had read that Bug is actually super effective to Poison, which made no sense to me), but instead Yanma was attacking with things like "Attack" and "Defense" (it was not very effective). I also have noticed with a lot of Pokemon, but especially with Yanma, that it "eats a little" when its health is low and gains 10 HP even though I did not use a healing item on it, and often it finds its attack increasing after a successful physical move (getting this with Skarmory as well, but not Raichu or Azumarill). Holding items is also something a little weird...Raichu has "Chow", but noticed my Azumarill has "Max Elixir" as its hold item. I didn't see an option anywhere to assign or remove items. Maybe these hold items are why some Pokemon are being healed of status effects while others aren't (I remember having to rush back to Pokemon Centers for Yanma due to poison), but the hold items do not go away.

            ...Yeah, I've seen a lot of strange stuff and I'm only just about to head to Vermillion City.
            The attack increasing part was intentional messing around on my part because tackle is the world's most boring move ever, and I think I botched up fixing rage a bit, but the pin missile behaving badly is new to me. I thinkkk but can't remember that bug/poison typing effectiveness changed after gen 1, so I may have changed the effectiveness a bit, so that part prolly isn't a bug.

            You can give items from the bag menu with 'give', or should be able to. I haven't looked at the pokemon menu and altering it yet, might be simple as copying the same code over. I've actually come out with a fix for the items never being used up, so, next version the item system will be a lot better (it's pretty terrible at the moment and I'm aware of that). Actually, I might even do some megas, depends on my enthusiasm.

            I'll do as you suggest and remove Butterfree and Beedrill from Viridian.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by oscariothetrainer View Post
            Another thing i just defeated erika how come she has like all her over lvl 50?
            That is the result of me being an idiot and working on this at like 2 am at night and not getting any sleep and forgetting that not everyone skips Erika until they have access to the areas past Snorlax, and finding such levels were what was required for me to find her difficult. XD Whoops. I think in that case I went a little overenthusiastic in trying to deal with the demand to 'make the game harder'.

            Oh, and I don't know if anyone cares, but I finally found my note on who made the lucario. It was by chibapika.
            __________________
            Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
            Yellow Hack Tutorial
            Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
            Reply With Quote
              #131    
            Old July 18th, 2018 (9:31 PM).
            oscariothetrainer's Avatar
            oscariothetrainer oscariothetrainer is offline
               
              Join Date: Feb 2015
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 121
              Dude its cool its a fun game anyway but is there a place for grinding higher lvl pokemon?
              Reply With Quote
                #132    
              Old July 19th, 2018 (5:48 AM).
              Negi Springfield's Avatar
              Negi Springfield Negi Springfield is offline
              Magistar Magourum
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Age: 27
                Gender:
                Posts: 5
                I know I haven't posted much before but I felt it was important to report a very serious bug! When you use the TM Dig, there is a roughly 8/10 chance that it will hard crash the game and erase all save data! I had to replay the game to get to that point to even figure out what caused it in the first place. For what it's worth, it also can sometimes work normally, and one time, using it even caused a wild battle with a Pidgeot? No idea how that latter one happened but it was in the route right outside of Mt.Moon that caused the Pidgeot encouter. The game crashes were tested in Cerulean City and Vermillion City with savestates to undo the game save erasure, I can't say for sure if it happens everywhere else but I thought you'd like to know!
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #133    
                Old July 20th, 2018 (8:27 AM).
                Inner Rhymes's Avatar
                Inner Rhymes Inner Rhymes is online now
                   
                  Join Date: May 2017
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 351
                  So I was playing the latest version and I noticed 2 oddities. I caught a Woopee and at level 8 it learnt every single move that it could learn such as mud bomb, Amnesia and heck, even Earthquake.
                  The second one being that Hoppip takes super effective damage from electric types despite being a part grass type. Yanma also takes "Not very effective" damage from a thunder shock.
                  __________________
                  If there is anyone out here suffering or struggling to get through life, then please listen to my song. I hope it gives you the energy to continue fighting so you can see a brighter day.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfyWlEdZAc

                  Mixtape: Venting Session Vol.1 is on the way!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #134    
                  Old July 20th, 2018 (9:10 AM).
                  TailsMK4 TailsMK4 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2018
                    Location: Texas
                    Age: 28
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 355
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
                    The second one being that Hoppip takes super effective damage from electric types despite being a part grass type. Yanma also takes "Not very effective" damage from a thunder shock.
                    Can't explain the first one since it is indeed Grass/Flying. However, Yanma is Bug/Dragon in this game, so for me what doesn't make sense is why Fire is not very effective against Yanma since Bug is weak to Fire. It seems like this game has trouble with dual types, Steel moves do normal damage against Sandshrew even though Sandshrew is part Steel.
                    __________________
                    Current VPP: (to evolve into an Umbreon) --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral
                    Reply With Quote
                      #135    
                    Old July 20th, 2018 (12:47 PM). Edited July 20th, 2018 by Negi Springfield.
                    Negi Springfield's Avatar
                    Negi Springfield Negi Springfield is offline
                    Magistar Magourum
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2008
                      Age: 27
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 5
                      At the above, from what I recall, that's just an error in message and not actual damage. Gen 1's battle system couldn't contextualize dual types well.

                      Sadly I have another error to report in the most recent version. I don't know if it's like this every time, since I lost a bit of progress, but when I used the Move Forgeter to remove Cut from my Charizard and then used the Move Learner to give him Fire Fang, the game crashed. I didn't lose my save this time, but I hadn't saved in a while so i'll have to get back to Fuchsia City in order to test that again.

                      PS: Fire Fang doesn't inflict burn, it instead sometimes freezes the enemy. Not... sure... how that works?..
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #136    
                      Old July 20th, 2018 (6:42 PM).
                      longlostsoldier's Avatar
                      longlostsoldier longlostsoldier is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2013
                        Gender: Other
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 152
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Negi Springfield View Post
                        At the above, from what I recall, that's just an error in message and not actual damage. Gen 1's battle system couldn't contextualize dual types well.

                        Sadly I have another error to report in the most recent version. I don't know if it's like this every time, since I lost a bit of progress, but when I used the Move Forgeter to remove Cut from my Charizard and then used the Move Learner to give him Fire Fang, the game crashed. I didn't lose my save this time, but I hadn't saved in a while so i'll have to get back to Fuchsia City in order to test that again.

                        PS: Fire Fang doesn't inflict burn, it instead sometimes freezes the enemy. Not... sure... how that works?..
                        Hm. Thank you for telling me about these crashes. The dig one in your earlier post is especially worrying, as I don't remember trying to modify dig in any way. The Move Forgetter at least could be result of me not porting it over carefully enough, as there are slight changes between pokered and pokeyellow versions.

                        And the Fire Fang thing doing ice is quite weird. I didn't initially program it, just copied over the code, so possibly I put something out of order there and Ice Fang and Fire Fang had their effects switched maybe. I know I previously tried out Poison fang and had its effect work properly, haven't tried Ice Fang.
                        __________________
                        Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
                        Yellow Hack Tutorial
                        Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
                        Reply With Quote
                          #137    
                        Old August 19th, 2018 (1:43 PM).
                        UnderdarkFox UnderdarkFox is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2018
                          Posts: 1
                          A bit of constructive criticism:

                          I do enjoy the hack so far (Only just past first gym so I'm hardly even into it), though a few things seem weird or off/imbalanced. Could be Gen 1 Mechanics faulting around too mind you. It could also very well be me since I'm playing on a 3DS with CFW (It runs with no crashes so far, and no real major bugs)

                          Running around in the first route I had a rather interesting glitch. Pikachu disappeared from following me after a while since the Pokemon following you doesn't quite run at the same speed (which is fine, I don't think its a bug so much as Gen 1 coding difficulties). Some time afterwards as I was running around Route 1 looking for interesting things to capture in the early routes, something glitched out and started weirding the map out, and I was unable to move out of the square I was in. No further encounters happened despite my spinning attempts. Saving and re-loading didn't help as the map was still glitched out, so I had to restart the save (which I was early in so whatever). So I'm a bit hesitant on running so much. Though it did remind me to save often in case of strange errors in romhacks :)

                          My male Nidoran (which is gold, dont know if that really matters but I could test it I suppose) and Nidorino (also gold) doesn't follow me. Instead it becomes a Zubat follow sprite. Humorous, but not sure if its lack of coding space or a bug. Sandshrew just kinda slides around which is adorable. Hoppip is an Oddish when following, which is probably more Gen 1 coding pains. Though it having a Pinsir cry is startling o.o

                          Faced Brock, and I really do have to ask since you start with Pikachu, but how many Full Heals does he have? How many full heals does the first gym need to have? I used Thunder Wave, he used a Full Heal the next turn, so I T-waved again since I wanted the speed cut for an advantage. Then in the same turn I paralyzed him, he healed with another Full Heal. This happened a good 3-4 times in a row to where I said out loud "Just how many Full Heals do you have, or did I glitch into some weird nightmare zone?" So while I think the same turn healing issue is more of a thing with the Gen 1 coding issues, at the same time honestly just how many Full Heals is the first gym going to pack when you start with Pikachu?
                          Status effects are a rather decent strategy imo, and speed control is rather huge in any competitive game, so it was kind of annoying and felt a little much for the first gym in a hack that doesn't seem meant as a difficulty hack.

                          Other minor weirdness is that Chow doesn't get used up, and it activates at very strange and unpredictable intervals. Though you did mention in posts that the hold items are very basic and likely bugged into the ground so I'm not too bothered. Free random heal is still a free heal after all.

                          That's all that stands out to me so far. Though I would request more documentation on changes made so players can figure out what was intentional or not.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #138    
                          Old August 31st, 2018 (4:50 PM).
                          macdaddypain macdaddypain is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2018
                            Posts: 3
                            can anyone explain to me how amnesia works on this game? my poliwag knows it and it doesnt seem to be buffing anything when I use it. not sure what it does now. whats the physical special split thing mentioned in the original post? didnt know if that had anything to do with it cuz amnesia is just for special, not physical.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #139    
                            Old September 20th, 2018 (10:48 AM).
                            Woahsmea's Avatar
                            Woahsmea Woahsmea is offline
                            glaceon is best eeveelution
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2018
                              Location: a
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 14
                              Pokemon Yellow with Sylveon in it? I NEED.
                              __________________

                              The Grass and Ice Twins
                              Reply With Quote
                                #140    
                              Old September 23rd, 2018 (2:05 AM).
                              Sugar-Fable's Avatar
                              Sugar-Fable Sugar-Fable is offline
                              Eevee Enthusiast
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2018
                                Location: USA
                                Gender: Female
                                Posts: 12
                                I can't wait to try this and Fire Yellow!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #141    
                                Old September 29th, 2018 (2:15 PM). Edited September 29th, 2018 by SteppoloN.
                                SteppoloN SteppoloN is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2018
                                  Posts: 1
                                  Luv every single bit of your hack, mad props for the astonishing job. I got a question tho, how hard will it be for you to make a gate and key sidequest in order to get Mew?
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #142    
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (12:22 AM).
                                  MR12345 MR12345 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2018
                                    Posts: 1
                                    Great game.

                                    I feel like the happiness is erratic. My Pikachu evolved into Raichu on its own without the stone, presumably because it was happy enough. And it was, it was jumping etc when I talked to it. But now Raichu is turning away from me when I talk to it. Which is a problem because it needs to be happy so I can get Bulbasaur! Advice?
                                    Reply With Quote
                                    Reply

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:20 AM.