• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best childhood memories!

Years
We have an interesting topic about childhood regret. After you vent there, maybe visit this thread to look at the bright side.

I have some very warm and fuzzy memories to share, the kind that would conjure up a patronus charm in Harry Potter.

Let me start off with saying that I always hated school, yet I remember being walked to my grandmother's house always after daycare as a wee thing in the cold autumn, seeing my kindly grandma's smiling face through the glass of the screen door, waving at me. My parents were working so she watched over me.

She would help me to the kitchen table, ask me about my day and have her homemade hot chicken noodles ready for me. She was a good cook, I recall her sweet potato pies, silver dollar pancakes, puddings, smoked sausage and juicy bacon.

Because her doors were always open and a hot meal was readily available other relatives often dropped by to see her as work ended. Folks would pull up a chair at the dinner table until it had the Christmas family dinner atmosphere with cousins, aunts, uncles and family friends all in attendance.

My grandma was a tiny redhead woman, fittingly named Ruby. Though I hear she was a trifle neurotic in her day, she was always quiet, calm, loving and gentle around me.

Let's hear your happy days from childhood. I know I got a million of em.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I fondly remember all my dolls a little I guess. Tney were pretty :3

I'm happy I got a lot of nice dresses made by my grandma^^

All my childhood friends were fun to play with :3

Foot races were fun, looking at home photos, drawings...xDDD

Watching my brother game and watching preschool programs!^^

I REALLY like this thread! My childhood was so unique and that is wonderful :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
My most memorable thing happened only last year, if it's still considered "childhood". Since I was 17.

But we used to hang out in my grandmothers backyard for many things. It was a large space, pretty much spent years doing family events and sometimes just running around.

She passed away last year, but a couple weeks after it happened, me and a sibling went back to the yard and hung out, one final time. It wasn't depressing, it was actually one of my favorite moments. We just talked and hung out, it felt like we had closure.

Years
I mentioned that I liked my grandmother, well she died when I was 13. I watched her pass away from lung cancer. That year was the worst. I had other relatives pass on. Family had to relocate after my mother's job position ended. I lost friends, had to go to a new school, a new state where I did not fit in, then my mom was injured in a bad car accident. Our lifestyle was just falling apart. My mom and dad were no longer married. However, in spite of all of these misfortunes I also can recall one of the happinest times of my life.

Because things had been so tough my mother saved what little money she had left and planned a vacation to get away from it all, a trip with just the two of us She rented a cottage by the sea for a couple of weeks, and everyday we would walk on the beach. I always feel at ease when I am near water, my soul was just as light and carefree as bird on those days we spent together.

The weather was beautiful everyday. I would collect sea shells and make art, our pets followed us everywhere and the dogs ran loose on the surf. We would walk to the local market places, check out the sights, and my mom would buy every kind of fish there was. I can picture her now in the kitchen boiling lobster.

We would usually spend the evenings curled up together in a swing on the patio after dinner, or watching a movie. It was very peaceful.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have fond memories of collecting Pokemon figurines with my cousin and playing with them. I have a big box filled with them. I probably have all Kanto and Johto Pokemon figures, and some Hoenn.

Man, those were good times. I'm so happy I still have them. Maybe I will give them to my children.

Years
Hanging out with my two irl best friends and us playing super smash bros and pokemon together.

I honestly never considered my childhood to be particularly great since there are a lot of painful memories, but those moments stood out as one of the better, if not the best moments.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Making an assortment of things with sand at the beach. The sand pit chair with a rock interior and a shade wall is one of my favorite.

poliq

Banned
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
I remember my father asked me to bring a glass of water, and I broke it, he said dont worry and hugged me

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
my dad would, on special occasions, take me on a motorcycle joyride around the whole city of colorado springs, usually after rush hour as the sun was setting we would pass by all the beautiful mountains riding huge hills, even see the garden of the gods sometimes

ever since the first summer i visited with him it became a big ask and experience, until i grew up of course. now i wanna buy my own harley and need to find money first, smh

Back