• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I clothing shop in a few different stores, and also online after carefully looking at size charts! lol

For those asking, Hot Topic used to be a popular goth / emo clothing chain, but in recent years it has more pop culture and less emo.

It does have some fun clothes sometimes, I won't lieee.

I thought JC Penny is where people windowshop and don't do any serious fashion shopping there idk.
THATS A MOOD
i walk around in it and eyeball clothing and then walk out with something unrelated to fashion...

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Last time I shopped at a department store was at Macy's holidays last year. I got a gift card from work for that store, and when I went there I bought some pants that were originally $40 but cut to $15-20 due to the holiday sale going on.

^ And woo, Gladion! (thumbs up)

Years
I really like Gladion. Thinking about it he was probably the only NPC I liked that came out of S&M. Well Kukui too but that's more ironic.

For everyday wear clothes I quite like Zara. I don't like to buy new clothes too often and I know the quality there is good so clothes generally last for a long time from there.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I think I inadvertently convinced my mum into getting me $1,230 Gucci shoes for my birthday this year... somehow. xD

I just pointed out how much I like them and now we're both convinced! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (inb4 we wake up tomorrow and come to our senses...)

Years
I think I inadvertently convinced my mum into getting me $1,230 Gucci shoes for my birthday this year... somehow. xD

I just pointed out how much I like them and now we're both convinced! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (inb4 we wake up tomorrow and come to our senses...)

I'm sorry, $1,230 for shoes?!?!! My limit is like $200. I can't imagine justifying that purchase. Are they super cute?

Hyzenthlay

Years
I'm sorry, $1,230 for shoes?!?!! My limit is like $200. I can't imagine justifying that purchase. Are they super cute?

That's nothing compared to the prices of other designer items! Yes I think they're super cute—they're also versatile and would be perfect for travelling! Mum thinks they'd be great for me, especially considering I've been wearing Birkenstock sandals since I was a kid, ahaha.

But don't worry, it's just a shallow girly pipe dream. :') I feel like Jen from IT Crowd when she sees those red heels in the shop window...

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
my current shoes were about $400 and they were on sale. Shoes like everything else is starting to get expensive. Specially when you stick to one brand or a big name.

Hyzenthlay

Years
I paid $40 for my last pair, $1,230 is a ton for something that's gonna fall apart in 6 months - 1 year

Do they really fall apart that fast? I be sure to take very good care of my shoes and buy decent quality ones; my current pair have lasted about 4 - 5 years and they're still perfectly wearable! ^ ^ Same with my other shoes but they're too small now, haha.

So yeah, quality does go a long way, even if it costs a pretty penny. :x

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't buy clothing that often, more on a "I need more ___ because others broke/are failing" basis. But then I kept getting new clothes from family (primarily mum), even when I wasn't living with them, haha.

I foresee myself still spending relatively little on shoes. $1000+ what even, I turn my nose at $100+!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back