• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
VERSION 4.0 IS OUT WITH NEW BUG FIXES

POST IS ENTIRELY REWRITTEN. ENJOY

Oh hey that's actually amazing. I assume this also fixes the bug with freezing battles after expanding Pokemon?

Also, I read something in the thread about there being 500 dex entries + Some extra unviewable ones and nothing more. As a novice, I then started wondering what I've been doing the entire time when I would just ask PGE to add 422 more dex entries for 808. What does that do then, and does that mean that doing that breaks a ROM?

Btw, I was just wondering where the uhh.... actual download link was... I think you forgot to put it up.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Oh hey that's actually amazing. I assume this also fixes the bug with freezing battles after expanding Pokemon?

Also, I read something in the thread about there being 500 dex entries + Some extra unviewable ones and nothing more. As a novice, I then started wondering what I've been doing the entire time when I would just ask PGE to add 422 more dex entries for 808. What does that do then, and does that mean that doing that breaks a ROM?

Btw, I was just wondering where the uhh.... actual download link was... I think you forgot to put it up.

Yeah, unfortunately my 1AM brain didn't notice the attachment failing. It's up now, sorry about that.

As far as the dex expansion goes, you are free to try, but I don't think it will work without doing it manually. In time I will release PGE files of Gen 4+ pokemon to quickly add as well.

Unfortunately, this step had to be done early and is irreversible due to the evolution expansion and JPAN save block hack compatibility with future routines. You shouldn't ever need all 808 in a game anyway, in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
Now, this is an awesome project. This hack base is like Pokemon Throwback on steroids lol

Sorry if this is a stupid question but are old saves from a vanilla Firered rom compatible with this base hack?

I tried this hack with a couple of old saves but they didn't work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I see that this base is progressing quite well, but I just would like to suggest that you test the multiplayer aspect from time to time to see if it still functions.

As I recall, some of the music patches ruins it, squeetz base is an exception, it works with no issues so there's no need to worry about it.

I would love to test it myself but I'm currently in the middle of studies and I can't make time for it, I suggest using my boy emulator for android to see if multiplayer still works.

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Generation IV Pokemon Pack Released

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z9uvrzgjbz0b3e0/Generation_4_Package.zip/file

Here are PGE files in order to add Generation 4 Pokemon, compatible with the base as is.

Some things to note:
1. Some moves and abilities are missing, so placeholders (usually egg moves or those of similar base power) fill the gaps
2. TM's and HM's are done, but not move tutor moves. I have no plans to update it
3. No Dex entries. Customize them as you would like. You can re arrange the Dex Data with PGE and a hex editor.
4. Alternate forms are included
5. No evolution connections except for Pre-Evo's. This is for you to customize your own dex orders, so it would lead to different ID's every time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 31, 2018
Generation IV Pokemon Pack Released

Here are PGE files in order to add Generation 4 Pokemon, compatible with the base as is.

Some things to note:
1. Some moves and abilities are missing, so placeholders (usually egg moves or those of similar base power) fill the gaps
2. TM's and HM's are done, but not move tutor moves. I have no plans to update it
3. No Dex entries. Customize them as you would like. You can re arrange the Dex Data with PGE and a hex editor.
4. Alternate forms are included

Have you consider making an Emerald base? ChaCha Dinosaur's threads make it so that you don't have to worry about including a lot of features, just like you did with Mr. Dollsteak's base. However, it includes Gen 1-7 moves, so you would have an easier time with movesets.

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Have you consider making an Emerald base? ChaCha Dinosaur's threads make it so that you don't have to worry about including a lot of features, just like you did with Mr. Dollsteak's base. However, it includes Gen 1-7 moves, so you would have an easier time with movesets.

This base exists as a response to Emerald. I won't be doing anything with that anytime soon.

Years
Can you make the same base but without evolutionary methods added and without expansion?

Note: Try to expand to 808 pokemon but the game is stopped in a battle

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Yo! I tried to use the Remove Mega Evo patch, but the game gets frozen during the 1st rival battle.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Can you make the same base but without evolutionary methods added and without expansion?

Note: Try to expand to 808 pokemon but the game is stopped in a battle

Due to the nature of how I built it, doing that would require me to literally remake everything from scratch, which I'm not inclined to ever do again. I'm sorry.

Yo! I tried to use the Remove Mega Evo patch, but the game gets frozen during the 1st rival battle.

I will look into this and release an updated patch.

Leon,

Can you upload v. 2.5 separately? It supported Pokemon expansion and didn't have any bugs, as far as I'm aware.

Alternatively, someone on here could upload it in the chat.

I actually lost the file myself unfortunately. I will do some more digging around, I probably have a backup hidden among a sea of folders or on dropbox/mediafire.

Years
Even though the battles stop working for expanded mons, which I guess is still troublesome, I can confirm that at least battles still work fine without expansion.

And also, you might want to make it more clear for people that the base already has a small Pokemon expansion built-in up to 589 Pokemon (maybe I read over it in the thread but afaik I first saw this when I opened PGE).
This, combined with the fact that there are only 500 dex entries available anyway, means the base is perfectly fine if your hack does not desperately need more than 500 mons (which is enough for entire Gen 1-4).

(Tbh I tried to make a selection of Gen 1-7 Pokemon for a hack and even when I had selected everything I wanted and thought I was over the limit I was still only on 420 mons, so you were definitely right about that part Leon)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 22, 2019
I wouldn't ask this if you weren't building it again but is it possible for a removal patch for the recoloured summary screens? And will the documentation include a list of the shops' inventory with each badge?

Good luck with the rebuild. I appreciate all the effort you've put into this.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
Is there any update...I am waiting for your rom base :)
how long would it take..? I am ready to test out your rombase for my new hack...
thanks for the work you r doing....

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
I?ve noticed that when I try to expand moves using v 2.5, the attacks only do 1 damage afterward. I have a fix: Just replace the new move data with the old move data and they?ll go back to doing their regular amounts of damage.

Last edited:
Back