• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Main thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So any thoughts on items or what to buy? I think we may need Rock Smash but I have no idea who should learn it. Buying the HM would mean we have $7k Poke left. Might also explore a Berry Expert Pack for $2100 Poke. If we get the Berry Expert Pack, that would drop us to $4900 and we would have to decide who gets the berries. Sitrus would go to people who don't have the means to heal themselves while Leppa will go to people like WooWoo and Nah to replenish PP. Alex evolving into Umbreon is 150, more if Lily and/or Linus opt to evolve as well. If we all get above, we're at 4750 just with Alex evolving.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Having claimed and put a "Keep Out!" signboard nearby the lake he's staying idly at, Cuddles felt uncomfortably uneasy for a while now.
Not because being felled by a stray fire had done him any bad, but what just came out to be a letter delivered from his hometown, is quite outrageous to comprehend for him.

"...I can't just say I got invited to a tea party out of nowhere, do I?" Cuddles pondered a moment to consider. Part of him don't want to leave the exploration team just yet, nor drag them into the whole mess his country is having, but on the other hand, he must answer the urgency from Marina as well as reuniting with his twin brothers, who are forcibly drafted into a dispute against--once powerful friends, now formidable enemies--Oceania. The decision lies in him, though his answer is clear, he has to speak of it firsthand to Lycario.

--

Meanwhile...
Cuddles forgot how to use Astonish and Whirlpool.
And... Cuddles learned Mist! ...and Brine! Respectively. Perhaps this can be very helpful for the next predicament.

Sitrus Berries sure look pretty tempting for Cuddles with his high HP, though the other berries have their own niche, they may not get used up at all, I think. But surely, we can find a way around to that anyway.
Instead, I'm interested with the juice stand thing which is literally cutting our current funds into half. Who knows, maybe we legit can craft things like poisonous juice with it.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So any thoughts on items or what to buy? I think we may need Rock Smash but I have no idea who should learn it. Buying the HM would mean we have $7k Poke left. Might also explore a Berry Expert Pack for $2100 Poke. If we get the Berry Expert Pack, that would drop us to $4900 and we would have to decide who gets the berries. Sitrus would go to people who don't have the means to heal themselves while Leppa will go to people like WooWoo and Nah to replenish PP. Alex evolving into Umbreon is 150, more if Lily and/or Linus opt to evolve as well. If we all get above, we're at 4750 just with Alex evolving.
The storage system sounds like a good thing to buy to me.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Are we going to meet with Cuddle's twin brothers and fight Oceania?
With the unusually absolute lack of any notable civilizations in FTE universe, and how the upper paragraph being 99% flavor text, I guess I can say: why not? Since Lycan did say there's a chance he'll dry out of inspirations, it does look appropriate to give out input in many forms possible. (Though, fighting an entire city would mean warring against an army. That might be too much for everyone at their current level.)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Having claimed and put a "Keep Out!" signboard nearby the lake he's staying idly at, Cuddles felt uncomfortably uneasy for a while now.
Not because being felled by a stray fire had done him any bad, but what just came out to be a letter delivered from his hometown, is quite outrageous to comprehend for him.

"...I can't just say I got invited to a tea party out of nowhere, do I?" Cuddles pondered a moment to consider. Part of him don't want to leave the exploration team just yet, nor drag them into the whole mess his country is having, but on the other hand, he must answer the urgency from Marina as well as reuniting with his twin brothers, who are forcibly drafted into a dispute against--once powerful friends, now formidable enemies--Oceania. The decision lies in him, though his answer is clear, he has to speak of it firsthand to Lycario.

--

Meanwhile...
Cuddles forgot how to use Astonish.
And... Cuddles learned Mist! Perhaps this can be very helpful for the next predicament.

Sitrus Berries sure look pretty tempting for Cuddles with his high HP, though the other berries have their own niche, they may not get used up at all, I think. But surely, we can find a way around to that anyway.
Instead, I'm interested with the juice stand thing which is literally cutting our current funds into half. Who knows, maybe we legit can craft things like poisonous juice with it.

So no Brine? Against wounded enemies, it's power increases so it's a good finishing move. It's accuracy is also 100% so it's more likely to hit than Whirlpool. Just something to consider is all I'm saying.

@Everyone: So what are your thoughts on Rock Smash? That along with Alex evolving puts us at 6850. We can get a lot with that, including the Storage system(where our storage is limitless).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
The berry packs seem like the best way to prevent as many faints as possible.
With the group splitting into two on the upcoming maps. Doing our best to prevent that seems like the best idea to me.

I don't really have an opinion on rock smash.
Should probably have the move ready to be learned should we need it.

Oh and hi everyone.

original.gif

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well assuming my efforts pay off(and I believe they have), I believe I have a willing volunteer for the move Rock Smash. Target will gain STAB from it too but does anyone else want to learn the Fighting Type move? Brewmaster has a point regarding the Berry pack but having Berries isn't a guarantee to prevent KO's. A player can be at full HP and be ganged up on and KO'd before they can even use it. I'd get the pack for the Leppa Berries since as we split up means more enemies for us to eliminate. More enemies means more PP usage.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
So no Brine? Against wounded enemies, it's power increases so it's a good finishing move. It's accuracy is also 100% so it's more likely to hit than Whirlpool. Just something to consider is all I'm saying.

On second thought, you're right. We don't have anything like Reposition to put Cuddles away from harm anyway, so I believe it's safe to ditch Whirlpool for Brine.

Therefore, I've updated the change. More power is good.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
With the unusually absolute lack of any notable civilizations in FTE universe, and how the upper paragraph being 99% flavor text, I guess I can say: why not? Since Lycan did say there's a chance he'll dry out of inspirations, it does look appropriate to give out input in many forms possible. (Though, fighting an entire city would mean warring against an army. That might be too much for everyone at their current level.)

When I get Flamethrower, I say bring it on muwhahaha. Going to slay them three at a time... Just request they be Snover's or Pokemon with x4 weakness to Fire(like Alolan Sandshrew's) and that they line up on a silver platter(which isn't easy to do).

Years
If the Rock Smash HM is going to be purchased, I'd like to borrow the HM to replace Rollout with Rock Smash. I like Rollout as a move, but the battles here tend to resolve themselves in 10-20 rounds, and I'd like to not have my move locked for a third or half of the battle. Rock Smash allows me to still have an attacking move with infinite PP, meaning that I won't need Leppa Berries to still help out on the field.

So, for Coral:

Replace Rollout with Rock Smash and Helping Hand with Play Rough, and Coral will stand in front of Dusk and Dawn to evolve.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Lily: Whilst Stun Spore is a useful move, I think Sleep Powder is more helpful for the team and was very useful in the last battle.

Having a Sun Stone for me to evolve will be very useful but ut is too early for me to evolve right now.

Lily buys a Sun Stone to use for later

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So who hasn't checked in yet? Hmm... correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the following haven't said one thing or another since Intermission began:

Elwind
Krakonos
WooWoo
Linus
Robin
Priscilla
Rinnia
Lutin
Susato
Hit

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
For now I'll replace Growl with Secret Power and leave Attract out. Still though, I think Susato can be a good tank for the cast because she has more HP, Def and SpDef than most of them, do I don't think it's that bad if you guys used her to sponge a few hits here and there if you need em'.

Maybe I should get a Berry too? Perhaps a Sitrus Berry or Leppa Berry for drawn out fights?

Last edited:
Years
Priscilla will replace Growl with Swift and Spark with Electro Ball!

Also, I think purchasing the Berry pack would be incredibly beneficial to our team. Who knows how powerful our next opponents will be? I have an inclination that the next round will be a challenge and we should prioritize keeping our team members healthy and able to fight efficiently!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If we get the Berry Pack and Rock Smash HM, that along with Evolution Stones(Alex for sure, possibly more if not for later use) leaves us with at most 4750(less if we buy more Evolution Stones). Therefore, if we intend to buy more, we can either get the Porygon storage system(which allows us to basically grab whatever we want without fear of running out of room. Beneficial if you think about it), Move Relearner(apparently he stays with us for awhile until we use it. Granted I can't think of a situation where we will need it) or the Juice Bar(I have no idea what benefit that provides... Lycan might have to elaborate on that one. If its anything like Full Restores, Max Potions or Ethers(which restore PP), it may be a better buy than the Berry packs.

At bare minimum though, we're buying the Rock Smash HM and the Dusk Ribbon so Alex can evolve into Umbreon. That places us at 6850. If we buy a Sun Stone and Fire Stone for later use, that's another 200 or 6650. Meta says he doesn't want to evolve into Scizor but that's 160 right if he changes his mind. Linus evolving is another 150(again if he opts to do so).

To summarize, we can buy a multitude of things but if we buy a big ticket item, we can't get much more than that. Keep comments coming and maybe we can do a vote on what we want to do.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
If we get the Berry Pack and Rock Smash HM, that along with Evolution Stones(Alex for sure, possibly more if not for later use) leaves us with at most 4750(less if we buy more Evolution Stones). Therefore, if we intend to buy more, we can either get the Porygon storage system(which allows us to basically grab whatever we want without fear of running out of room. Beneficial if you think about it), Move Relearner(apparently he stays with us for awhile until we use it. Granted I can't think of a situation where we will need it) or the Juice Bar(I have no idea what benefit that provides... Lycan might have to elaborate on that one. If its anything like Full Restores, Max Potions or Ethers(which restore PP), it may be a better buy than the Berry packs.

Who knows? It might be. Why don't you hire Shuckle and find out? *mysterious laughter*

Also, if you hire Slowbro he will stay with you for the rest of the game.

Hmmmmmm... I sense some sidequest material right here.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Mozilla interacts with NPC's: "Why were you in the Swamp in the first place?"

Kecleon-happy.png
"I go wherever my nose for business takes me. And right here is where it took me! So about this Rock Smash HM you were looking at..."

Sliggoo.png
"I was born and raised here.
Oh I see what you're after... Well, if Mummy Goodra and Daddy Goodra love each other very much..."

Umbreon.png
"We used to travel in an adventuring party much like yours. The leader of the company, the famed Explorer Garchomp, was driven mad by the obsession of an artifact he was looking for. His methods to locate it are... cruel."

Espeon.png
"We couldn't stay, so we ran in the night, without any sense of direction.
Then we saw two flickering lights, that seemed willing to guide us!"

Umbreon.png
"Instead, the lights belonged to a pair of Litwick that only lured us deeper into the murky soil.
The rest is history."

Espeon-happy.png
"And then you saved us, and here we are!"

You didn't specify which NPC you were asking to, so here's a reply for all of them. :p

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Who knows? It might be. Why don't you hire Shuckle and find out? *mysterious laughter*

Also, if you hire Slowbro he will stay with you for the rest of the game.

Hmmmmmm... I sense some sidequest material right here.

Hmm good to know regarding Slowbro. Thing is, do we have a use for "relearning" moves right now? My answer is a no. Therefore, that pretty much narrows our buy list to Rock Smash + one of the following:

1) Porygon Storage System. Allows us to pretty much grab whatever loot is on the ground and hoard as many berries as we want. Storage capacity knows no limits!! One time cost of 3500 Poke.

2) Expert Berry Pack. Yields quite a few useful Berries, although many of those that we got to start the game or from the Ice Cream Get Together Event haven't even been used yet. Furthermore, three of us can self-replenish HP(Lily, Krakonos, Freesia) plus Rinnia's two Heal Pulses. In terms of priority, it might be worth looking into but Option#3 might trump that.

3) Juice Bar. Not sure how long he will be with us or how much we can use him, but something tells me he provides replenishing drinks that act just like Berries. Meaning rather than loading ourselves down with Berries, we can plop down 4k Poke for his services. Is it a possibility that I could be wrong and basically flush 4k down the swamp hole? Possibly but its an intriguing buy to say the least. For all we know his Juices also temporarily buff our stats.

Feel free to vote for what Option you want. The options at our disposal are Option 1, 2 or 3, Option 1 and 2 or Option 2 and 3. Vote accordingly.

Back