• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Thank you Rikk and once you get Butterfree at least level 15 Brock should be a cake walk

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
I just realized I can't catch Bellsprout on Fire red I can swap it out for oddish or anything else I don't have to trade for. Sorry, I should have put that under restrictions.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
I just realized I can't catch Bellsprout on Fire red I can swap it out for oddish or anything else I don't have to trade for. Sorry, I should have put that under restrictions.

well I mean you can use a randomizer to make it the grass starter

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Ahhh ok then sorry to hear that and my save file got corrupted ?.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
Well, that sucks were you very far? Also, how does rerolling a pokemon on my team work?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Rikk I just give you a different pokemon I think which is Venusaur

and I only beat the first gym haha

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
I started mine too and got through the first badge but picked Squirtle I guess I'll restart to grab Bulbasaur. Just realized Alakazam also requires trading so I bit the bullet and just switched to an emulator on my phone for this version lol.

Last edited:
Years
So I took a small break and I'm getting back into my Platinum run. I'm in Trophy Garden, and after around 50 random encounters for Eevee I searched up to see if the thing was even in the garden. Turns out some guy in the area can make a pokemon appear in the trophy garden that's usually not there, and Eevee is among those pokemon. Thing is, only one pokemon appears daily when you ask the guy. One. I'm contemplating either skipping this and just keep the team slot for my HM slave or changing days repetitively. Sadly, changing days screws up some of my other games, including Ultra Sun...
Edit: Upon further research you must have the national dex to get it. Goodbye, Moonlight; and hello, UNLOVED(the bibarel I recently caught as an HM slave)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Whelp I stayed up all night last night and beat the game cheated in a Timbur as my starter since none of them where available before the first gym

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Guess I'll sign up again since this was really fun
Forum Username: AkiFromFT
Game Version: Black
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: none

Years
Guess I'll sign up again since this was really fun
Forum Username: AkiFromFT
Game Version: Black
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: none

Alright, I gotcha!

Golduck
Infernape
Shedinja
Claydol
Zoroark
Tentacruel

At first glance it seems like a good, balanced team. Let me know how it plays out!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
This one was a bit easier hacking all the pokemon into the game except Shedninja cause of how you get it but with Rafiki the Infernape, Howard the Golduck, Husk the Shedninja, Shin the Claydol, Midna the Zoroark, and Myrick the Tentacruel it went really smoothly I still had to grind to Level 80 on all of them before I beat the E4 and Champion

Years
So I took a small break and I'm getting back into my Platinum run. I'm in Trophy Garden, and after around 50 random encounters for Eevee I searched up to see if the thing was even in the garden. Turns out some guy in the area can make a pokemon appear in the trophy garden that's usually not there, and Eevee is among those pokemon. Thing is, only one pokemon appears daily when you ask the guy. One. I'm contemplating either skipping this and just keep the team slot for my HM slave or changing days repetitively. Sadly, changing days screws up some of my other games, including Ultra Sun...
Edit: Upon further research you must have the national dex to get it. Goodbye, Moonlight; and hello, UNLOVED(the bibarel I recently caught as an HM slave)

Hey dude, just so youy know, in Platinum, Bebe (I think that's her name) gives you an Eevee.

Update on my run, slow progress due to it being a new game and me trying to catch them all.

Ran thorough with just Nidoran M/ Nidorino (nicknamed Lawler) until shortly after the 2nd gym. Have now caught my Vulpix, nicknamed Kurama. Training in and around Vermillion before taking on Lt Surge.

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Username: metroid711
Game Version: Fire-red
National Dex: No
Restrictions: None

Been awhile since I've done one of these so I'll go with one I could probably do quickly in my spare time.

Years
Username: metroid711
Game Version: Fire-red
National Dex: No
Restrictions: None

Been awhile since I've done one of these so I'll go with one I could probably do quickly in my spare time.

Take
dodrio.png
porygon.png
arcanine.png
nidoking.png
parasect.png
lapras.png

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Game Update #1
Spoiler: