• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How do I make the Elite Four in FR not stupid? (not the AI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Long story short, I want the Elite Four's music to behave how it does in literally every game that isn't Gen 1/2, where they have their own music.

There are a few unused RSE tracks (one of them happens to be the RSE gym leader theme, which is the one I want to use) and after examining the script for Lorelei (just to check how they're made) There isn't a playsong command anywhere in their scripts, meaning that the music ID is hardcoded into the trainerbattle data. Fair enough. I checked a trainer editor, and sure enough, there's a slot for the Trainer's music, just like I remembered. But that's where the problem is: They don't use the hexadecimal IDs, but instead they use a base 10 ID, which isn't even the same value as the respective music to begin with! Basically, what I'm asking is, what are those base 10 IDs correspondent to? And which one is the RSE gym leader music? I'm honestly surprised something this simple has such a complex issue tied to it, and it's really frustrating because I know nothing about Sappy, and don't want to repoint a TON of vanilla data just to change the Elite Four's music to the RSE Gym theme. That could break compatibility with vanilla ROMs.

Edit: It also doesn't help that while the Elite Four have a base 10 music ID of "10", and Brock, Lt. Surge, Blaine, and Koga have "0" and Misty and Erika have "1". WTF?! The IDs they DO have aren't even consistent!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
"So, firstly, assemble and insert this routine, and note down the location of your insert."

You could have just said it's impossible y'know

Its very very possible all you have to do is learn how to assemble a routine but guess what you are never gonna learn it and blame the entire community.

You are such a disaster.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Its very very possible all you have to do is learn how to assemble a routine but guess what you are never gonna learn it and blame the entire community.

You are such a disaster.

Actually, YOU are the disaster. You didn't need to be a total asshole out of nowhere like that. MY post was CLEARLY a joke, and my hack is non-ASM, to avoid breaking compatibilities.

Delta231

A noob
Years
Actually, YOU are the disaster. You didn't need to be a total asshole out of nowhere like that. MY post was CLEARLY a joke, and my hack is non-ASM, to avoid breaking compatibilities.

Just saying if you need to add new mechanism then you need ASM and if you didn't know that hex edits you do is actually changing the functions of the rom in short you are changing in game functions and doing ASM.

Mystelex

What kind of compatibility?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Can you elaborate?

Depends on what you're inserting. The routine Sakib provided causes no compatibility issues at all.

Would rather be safe than sorry and just not use custom ASM code altogether. If I don't insert any new ASM, then the chance that compatibility would break becomes significantly lower than if I used even a "harmless" routine.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Just saying if you need to add new mechanism then you need ASM and if you didn't know that hex edits you do is actually changing the functions of the rom in short you are changing in game functions and doing ASM.

Pretty goddamn obvious I was talking about custom routines that a hacker would insert, and yes, I already knew all of that, I'm not a complete degenerate.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
Pretty goddamn obvious I was talking about custom routines that a hacker would insert, and yes, I already knew all of that, I'm not a complete degenerate.

If you ask for help, and then get upset when someone explains what to do, you're not going be helped again.

Link

That will work for the Elite 4 since they don't move towards the player, and must be interacted with. It says it doesn't work for trainers with a view radius, however.

Mystelex

Would rather be safe than sorry and just not use custom ASM code altogether. If I don't insert any new ASM, then the chance that compatibility would break becomes significantly lower than if I used even a "harmless" routine.

That's not how it works, lol

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
That's not how it works, lol

Except it is. If you spent even a split second reading my other replies, you'd know that I'm to counting basic hex edits (ie shiny chance, EV effectiveness, etc) as "true" ASM, since nothing had to be written and compiled for the modification to be implemented. I can make a fully-fledged hack without it.

Mystelex

Except it is. If you spent even a split second reading my other replies, you'd know that I'm to counting basic hex edits (ie shiny chance, EV effectiveness, etc) as "true" ASM, since nothing had to be written and compiled for the modification to be implemented. I can make a fully-fledged hack without it.

Look, I've read your gibberish already. 'True' ASM lol. Go read what Delta said again.

I'm using it for my hack, and it causes no compatibility issues with vanilla. Just admit that you don't know how to insert ASM, shove the crappy attitude away and ask if you need help with that.

Besides, the method PokeIDE linked doesn't work for scripts where you want the script to continue after the battle, from what I recall.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
...where you want it to continue after the battle...

Proof you haven't read ANY of my other posts. I didn't say ANYWHERE that I wanted the music to continue after the battle, just that I wanted the E4 to use different music. Part of the point of my hack is to make something good WITHOUT inserting custom ASM routines, and I don't have to defend that to some condescending ass on a forum. I'm not responding to anything else you say until you actually say something coherent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back