• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Let's Settle it in SMASH! ~ The Super Smash Bros. Club

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
yesss keen, loving this game so far (but haven't had time to play too much yet!)

username: charlie brown
who will be your mains in ultimate? atm i'm loving ness and marth (as always), and trying to get the hang of isabelle as well. i've only unlocked probably 20 characters though, haven't had time!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hi guys! I'll be adding any newcomers soon. <33

Question for you all in the meantime: what characters would you like to see as DLC?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years

Question for you all in the meantime: what characters would you like to see as DLC?

I was hoping Tails of Sonic the Hedgehog fame would be included as the DLC, as well as Bandana Waddle Dee from Kirby series. And probs Rex of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 too, because representation as Mii Fighters costumes doesn't mean it'll be excluded for DLCs.

EDIT: Hmm, 30 mins later, and the Smash Ultimate update of 1.2.1 comes out, and it seems to have replay compatibility with 1.2.0. I'm wondering if it'll fix some glitches that are on the news nowadays?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I have so many ideas for little Smash mechanics but let me just start off by saying that I'm so happy to see Pikachu in S-tier this gen.

Second, I think Raiden or Revolver Ocelot would make great entries (more MGS ftw!), Samurai Goroh from F-Zero too. The cap needs a proper companion fighter. And lastly Golden Sun's Issac! An assist trophy just isn't enough for him.

I also think it would be super cool if Ganondorf took double damage from all reflected attacks. :x

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
as far as SmUsh DLC goes, I'd like to see characters other than sword lords make it in as far as FE rep goes

there's more to the series than that, and it's not like there's not popular non-sword wielding characters for them to make use of

Years
Fire Emblem is kind of in a weird place in Smash right now because most of the characters are basically either echoes or semi-echoes of each other with the exception of like Robin and Corrin. So it doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of variety, unfortunately.

I'd personally rather we have more FF reps because having Cloud as the only one feels kinda weird to me when there's so much more to work with. But that's probably on Square Enix.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years

For DLC, I would say Sypha from the Castlevania or Banjo-Kazooie (If it's not already available as a Spirit).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yooka-Laylee and Spyro would be fun additions too! :)

But Hallow Knight would be far and above my favorite selection!

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Now that the game has been out for a little bit, anyone you see with glaring issues in terms of power?

Years
Inkling, (insert FE character here that's not Corrin or Robin), and the Belmonts are really good characters form what I hear. Inkling is actually the best one because of their paint mechanic making it ridiculously easy to launch opponents.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Yo! I've been playing a little bit recently.

Username: Seliph
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?: Marth and Shulk. I've been using them in 4 and I'll continue to do so in Ultimate.

So far Marth plays really good. I haven't had time to try out Shulk, yet, though supposedly he's also a lot better than in 4.

I've been hearing Inklings are pretty good, Ganondorf is supposed to be really good and Cloud, Sheik and Rosalina are a lot worse.

Years
Cloud may be "worse" than what he was in Smash 4, but from what I hear, he's still rather high tier. Not really nerfed to the ground or anything. but nerfed to the point where he's not like... outright busted, anymore.

Sheik is an interesting topic, because I personally feel like she's a lot more combo-heavy than she was in 4. I also feel like a lot of her moves don't do a whole lot of damage individually which leads me to believe this; so she's more of a character that you'd probably have to practice a lot of edge-guarding techniques with, perhaps. I'm still experimenting with her though, but honestly I don't think anything so far in regards to Sheik has me revolting or anything.

I can't comment on Rosalina, though. Haven't heard a whole lot about her situation.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It'll be interesting to see what early impressions and predictions end up holding true months or years from now. I remember when Smash 4 first came out and there were some early opinions like Bowser and Yoshi being top tier, Robin being high tier, etc. Those all ended up being untrue, for both at the time and later in the game's life. When Cloud first came out in that game, opinions ranged all the way from top tier to mid tier....and now it's ludicrous to think that he's anything other than top 3 (I am very glad that they nerfed him in SmUsh, he was a fucking monstrosity in Smash 4).

Other characters people seem to have a high opinion of that aren't already mentioned are Pichu and Fox, though the latter still being considered top tier is not remotely surprising.

Sheik is an interesting topic, because I personally feel like she's a lot more combo-heavy than she was in 4. I also feel like a lot of her moves don't do a whole lot of damage individually which leads me to believe this; so she's more of a character that you'd probably have to practice a lot of edge-guarding techniques with, perhaps. I'm still experimenting with her though, but honestly I don't think anything so far in regards to Sheik has me revolting or anything. .
Shiek's always had low damage on her moves and be kind of combo heavy really

But is it to a more extreme degree in this game? I wouldn't know.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What I'm pretty sure about Smash Ultimate's tier, is that it will eventually change overtime, because new updates will potentially contain changes that makes certain fighters stronger or weaker. It has been that way on Smash 3DS/Wii U before, and I think it'll be the case in Ultimate as well.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah I think this is really early in the game's lifetime to be making any definitive assessments when balance patches could be over the horizon. That said though, I'm not sure there's anyone who's outright busted this time around, which is a good thing. Even as good as Inkling is currently, they still do have a weakness in that they're limited in their ink supply so one could theoretically take advantage of that (and I think they're kind of light?).

If there are any balance updates I can hope that they're more buffs for characters that are lacking than nerfs to characters who don't really deserve it.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Does anyone know if the WiiU GameCube adapters will work with Switch? Thinking of purchasing SSBU sometime soon and not planning on spending $80 at GameStop on an accessory and a game.

Back