Advertiser Content

Did you ever forgot computer login password?

Started by takesleary December 26th, 2018 11:16 PM
  • 25 replies

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
2,881 posts
4.9 Years
there was that time when windows 10 was just released and i just updated my dad's laptop. it prompted me to make an account for my dad. didn't think that it would set up password lock for the OS. i set a sentence as a password and i forgot what it was. panicked until i remembered that i wrote the password down on paper for my dad hahahaha

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
25,173 posts
9.3 Years
Hardly ever, to be honest.

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
25,173 posts
9.3 Years
ive never forgotten a password though sometimes windows 10 likes to be a dick and say my password is incorrect sometimes
honestly the only thing I can say to this is that you might have typed it too fast. plus you can always peek at the password you've typed in as well before actually pressing enter

Incineroar.

Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted June 7th, 2019
305 posts
10.2 Years
Usually just general mistypes, if I forgot my password I'd be in trouble because I'd be completely locked out of my Microsoft account...
My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Currently on DLoA - Signature Image

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
4,606 posts
14.2 Years
Nope. It's one of the things I'm least likely to forget, actually.

Sylphiel

Between your fantasy and my reality
Seen 55 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
12,950 posts
14.6 Years
I've forgotten plenty of passwords, but uh, I don't think ever the one I use to login to a computer of mine. That one's always going to be one of the passwords I actually remember.

Ash

Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
me forgetting my passwords is a thing of mine i should really write down which one i'm using for which site sometime.

but as for my computer itself once when i got a brand new computer i managed to put my new password in wrong twice so when i tried logging in after it did all it's set-up stuff i couldn't get in hahah. good thing that it was literally new so fixing it was easy.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper

Age 34
Finland
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
792 posts
12 Years
I have 3 female colleagues who forgot their computer login password and asked me to unlock the device. Turn out the password is pretty simple.

Does this happen to you?
Never, I can't forget it because I use it daily.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son

Age 17
Female
Seen May 26th, 2019
Posted March 28th, 2019
192 posts
1.6 Years
i have multiple passwords so i'll often forget which password i'm using for whatever account, but i've never forgotten what those passwords are (it just sometimes takes me 4 different tries to get into an account because i try each password lol)
when you feel your oats so hard you forget there are other oats there
Seen January 6th, 2019
Posted January 6th, 2019
6 posts
203 Days
Even you forgot the login password, don't reinstall the OS immediately. It is a stupid move as there are better solutions out there without losing data.

For Windows: https://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/bypass-windows-10-7-8-password.html
For Mac: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/forgotten-mac-password-3594395/
For Linux: https://linuxconfig.org/recover-reset-forgotten-linux-root-password

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
32,575 posts
11.7 Years
A password manager?If all accounts are set to the same password, I think security will be affected.
That's not what password manager means.

I do use somewhat similar passwords everywhere except for to my computers, so it actually can get confusing when I switch between the four of them sometimes haha.
Seen April 25th, 2019
Posted April 22nd, 2019
5 posts
90 Days
Even you forgot the login password, don't reinstall the OS immediately. It is a stupid move as there are better solutions out there without losing data.
For Windows: https://www.windows10passwordreset.com/
As well as : https://www.openwall.com/join/
I did what you said 2 days ago,i am Windows 10 user,and it worked on my Windows computer.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)

Male
As if I'd be one to say
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
269 posts
1.4 Years
Chose one I would never forget.
Tends to help, though I would say I don't always do that practice due to how passwords need to be longer to be well...effective.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
– Unknown

Green

쳐다보지마 그런 눈으로

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
I log in with my windows live email and password, so nope!

왜 그래 왜 안돼
잘못한 게 우린 하나 없는데

you might know me as Drew | paired to Palamon
Advertiser Content