• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Let's Settle it in SMASH! ~ The Super Smash Bros. Club

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Has anyone played online? How's the lag for you?

Did you get into elite battles? I got it with Peach, Daisy and Bowser so far... hasn't played much of the other characters as of yet.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Got SSBU at GameStop a few days ago and almost done unlocking all the characters. @Dragon, yes I have been online and it lags at times, espically if three out of four users are the same characters.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Username: Pinkie-Dawn
Who will be your "Main(s)" in Smash Bros Ultimate?: Pokémon Trainer Leaf, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, R.O.B., Lucina, Luigi, Ridley, Zelda, Palutena, and Zero Suit Samus. If you're limiting it to only two, then just Leaf and K. Rool.

I've been a Smash player for 20 years now (been a fan since the original N64 game). Currently on break playing Ultimate until I finish a couple of games on my backlog.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
What's everyone's thoughts on Joker and v. 3.0 in general? Despite initial setbacks (communication errors) I find Joker and 3.0 quite a welcome update.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Joker won't be one of my new mains, but I really enjoy Stage Builder. I just wish we have a stylus like the one that's being packaged with Super Mario Maker 2, so I can make better custom stages.

LycanAnimates

Kept fueled by Calamari Inkantation remixes.
Years
Oh look, a ded chat, guess I should revive it.

Username: LycanAnimates

Main: Ice Climbers BBBOOOIII! ( although Inkling is cool too.)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
It has been officially one year since SSBU has released. Has your mains changed in that time? For me, I thought I was going to main Incineroar, but ended up maining both Palutena and Zelda.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm still maining Daisy, but since then, I'm now trying out The Hero and Terry Bogard sounds fun~

I'm thinking of making a in-club Smash bros tournament the coming New Year for prizes, btw; is anyone interested?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm still a Robin hoe

I'm thinking of making a in-club Smash bros tournament the coming New Year for prizes, btw; is anyone interested?
I'd be down for that, prizes or no

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
There's going to be a new stream showcasing the new DLC character soon!

Any hopes? Speculations?

A lot of people are speculating Dante from devils may cry because there's going to be an announcement regarding the games I believe, but, there could be others to choose from too~

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Direct's going on right now, but they got right to the reveal and it's Byleth

so finally, a DLC character I want to play

was honestly expecting for us to get some 3rd party dude again

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
A lot of people were upset about Byleth, with good reason, but I enjoy Byleth so I'm not gonna complain much.

Still though, they're gonna make 6 more fighters so there is always something to look forward too!

Do you guys got a wish list of DLC characters?

Years
Hi Smash fans!

After a long and fun festival with many nominees and multiple hard-fought Tie-breaker rounds I am happy to declare Let's Settle it in Smash-- The Super Smash Bros Club to be the 2nd runner up for Club of the Year. Congratulations! You not only made it to the top tier in the first, second and third round of voting but have officially broken the stalemate in the tie-breakers round as the first club to receive 3 posts since my challenge below.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=428502

Congratulations Dragon for making a cool club and your many other contributions to The Clubhouse, and double congrats to all of the members of the Super Smash Bros Club for loving and supporting your team. It gives me great pleasure and is a privilege for me as a moderator to have the fateful opportunity to bestow this bronze medal and commemorative plaque on a loved one.

Because you are one of the top 3 you can redeem a 10 dollar gift card for a digital gift from a number of cool stores like Crunchy Roll, iTunes, Kobo or the Nintendo E-shop courtesy of our lovely site owner Sheep. Please let us know what you would like as your next reward, you can post a reply here or send a message to me, Fairy or Sheep.

Thank you again for doing a good job, and hope to see more from this place and many new clubs you make in 2020!

5AVlDcD.png

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
People being so upset over Byleth being "another guy with sword" or "another FE character" is just ridiculous. What you should be looking at is the actual gameplay. Will Byleth play well? Will he be able to compete against other high-tier fighters? Most importantly, will he be fun to play? That's what we should be looking at, instead of the basic-ass surface level things like what game he's from.

also please give us hollow knight fighter thanks

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Character's kinda bad honestly. They put everything into raw range and kill power, completely at the expense of nearly everything else. All that range and kill power doesn't mean anything if you're too slow and punishable to make use of it. We'll see how things go as time goes on though, it's only the 3rd day. But I'm not optimistic about it.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
Strange, because for me Byleth performs better than anyone else. I'm doing better both online and offline than I've ever done before.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
That's probably to be expected, since Byleth's a new character that has a lot of raw kill power. The amount of stocks and/or games I've robbed from people so far with a few of their moves has been a little silly. You can do worse than Byleth (hello Ganondorf, Corrin, Jiggs, etc), and I think that the character suits me, it's just that their current form is not exactly a consistent, long-term winning formula.

I don't think that I'll ever get tired of obliterating people with down B Aymr tho haha

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I've gotten high enough in Elite Smash to where I'm getting occasionally matched against professional players, and it's so hard not to get flustered.

First was Lima who was using Bayonetta, and I quickly got 3 stocked. Then Nakat using Pichu, and I was 3 stocked again.

I don't expect to win, but how I preform feels pretty shameful. (I did 44% the entire match to Nakat). Those first few seconds are me trying to compose myself when I see the tag, but that's all it takes for me to brutally get comboed into a stock loss. Then the match crumbles for me.

Back