• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
Forum Username: viper8890
Game Version: HeartGold
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: No type repetation until different second type. In no case 3 pokemon shall have same typing. A balanced team .

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
I'm good with all of them except Mandibuzz. I can only catch it on Thursdays so it feels like a bit of a chore to have to wait a whole week if I forget to get it.

I'm pretty sure you can catch Vullaby somewhere. But, not gonna argue. Take:
Flygon

Let me know if the Flygon is a problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Forum Username: viper8890
Game Version: HeartGold
Restrictions: No type repetation until different second type. In no case 3 pokemon shall have same typing. A balanced team .

You get:
Starmie
Dugtrio
Weavile
Victreebel
Ampharos
Mismagius

If you do not wanna wait till post game for Weavile and Mismagius, use:
Primeape
Pinsir

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Forum Username: jdthebud
Game Version: Renegade Platinum (493 hack of Platinum)
National Dex: Yes, up to Gen IV.
Restrictions: I will likely ask for a reroll on any Pokemon I have recently used. Also, I will take anything, no matter how weak you think they are, since the weak base stats ones (especially bug Pokemon) got buffed to usable levels in the hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Forum Username: jdthebud
Game Version: Renegade Platinum (493 hack of Platinum)
National Dex: Yes, up to Gen IV.
Restrictions: I will likely ask for a reroll on any Pokemon I have recently used. Also, I will take anything, no matter how weak you think they are, since the weak base stats ones (especially bug Pokemon) got buffed to usable levels in the hack.

I played Renegade Platinum, never finished it. But it is so fun from what I played. Anyway, here is your team:
Lopunny
Marowak
Arbok
Claydol
Slaking
Ho-Oh
If you do not wanna use a legendary, use:
Beautifly

Years
I played Renegade Platinum, never finished it. But it is so fun from what I played. Anyway, here is your team:
Lopunny
Marowak
Arbok
Claydol
Slaking
Ho-Oh
Beautifly
Just a reminder guys of the rules.
4. Pokemon on this list are banned: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Tree#Restrictions

Ho-Oh is on that list so is therefor banned from the challenge, regardless of if jdthebud is happy to use it.

Sorry to be a spoilsport.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Lopunny
Marowak
Arbok
Claydol
Slaking
Ho-Oh
Beautifly
I would not have used Ho-oh anyway, haha, so I'll confirm Lopunny, Marowak, Arbok, and Beautifly to start but would like a reroll on Claydol and Slaking, as I've just used them recently, and I need a mon who learns Surf anyway.

This is gonna be a bit of a challenge no matter who else I get though, I'm looking forward to it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
I would not have used Ho-oh anyway, haha, so I'll confirm Lopunny, Marowak, Arbok, and Beautifly to start but would like a reroll on Claydol and Slaking, as I've just used them recently, and I need a mon who learns Surf anyway.

This is gonna be a bit of a challenge no matter who else I get though, I'm looking forward to it.

Alrighty. So. Instead of Claydol and Slaking, use:
Mr. Mime
Gyarados

Years
Kimbo's Lets Go Eevee update

STORY
Defeated Sabrina mainly using Splashy's Shadow Ball, and Special Bulk. Surfed around the region to do the Power Plant and Seafoam Islands, as well as get a Aloalan version of everything I had not got one of yet. At some point in this section Smoggyevolved into Weezing. Then did Cinnabar Mansion, more training. Then took on the Cinnabar Gym, where Blade took his time to shine, resisting everything and hitting back with strong Waterfall's and Aqua Jets of his own. Finally went to Viridian City, did the whole back and forth between Viridian and Pallet, to resolve the gym. Took on Viridian gym where Smoggy shone, tanking and stalling out Giovanni.

Next: The final update, becoming Champion in the Pokemon League.

TEAM
nidoking.gif

Lawler The Nidoking
Level 55/Hardy/Male
Poison Jab/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

ninetales.gif

Kurama The Ninetales
Level 55/Docile/Female
Flamethrower/Dark Pulse/Quick Attack/Will-O-Wisp

marowak-alola.gif

Wilfred The Alolan Marowak
Level 55/Impish/Male
Flare Blitz/Shadow Ball/Earthquake/Thunder Punch

vaporeon.gif

Splashy The Vaporeon
Level 55/Lonely/Male
Scald/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Toxic

kabutops.gif

Blade The Kabutops
Level 54/Sassy/Male
Rock Slide/Waterfall/Aqua Jet/Leech Life

weezing.gif

Smoggy The Weezing
Level 52/Serious/Female
Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Toxic/Flamethrower

FINAL UPDATE
Story
Defeated rival, went through Victory Road, caught Moltres. Here is a move by move break down of the Elite 4:
LORELEI
Spoiler:

BRUNO
Spoiler:

AGATHA
Spoiler:

LANCE
Spoiler:

RIVAL
Spoiler:

TEAM
nidoking.gif

Lawler The Nidoking
Level 59/Hardy/Male
Poison Jab/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
Thoughts: The real MVP of the save. Nidokings versatility, lack of reliance on its ability and great mixed stats made it the star. One of the two I had been given in a random challenge previously and it shone in this save.

ninetales.gif

Kurama The Ninetales
Level 59/Docile/Female
Flamethrower/Dark Pulse/Quick Attack/Will-O-Wisp
Thoughts: Did not get to show off in the Elite 4 and was outclassed come the end game in damage and bulk by Vaporeon and Marowak. A spell mid run where it was by far my best pokemon. a first time Ninetails user and I would argue it is the worst of the 5 fire type options available. 6th in MVP runnings

marowak-alola.gif

Wilfred The Alolan Marowak
Level 61/Impish/Male
Flare Blitz/Shadow Ball/Earthquake/Thunder Punch
Thoughts: Wish it was not a traded pokemon as it ran ahead experience wise. Also missed having a physical ghost STAB (Shadow Punch would of done). Became a glass cannon due to its typing however Flame Blitz and Earthquake punched holes in most pokemon. First Time use. Would not mind using it in Aloala where it has its Ghost Club move. 5th in MVP Runnings

vaporeon.gif

Splashy The Vaporeon
Level 59/Lonely/Male
Scald/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Toxic
Thoughts: The other pokemon I have used before. Like Nidoking, minus the versatility but with added bulk. Impressed once it caught up and was integral against Lance. A strong 3rd place. Its usefulness was somewhat hit by having another water type.

kabutops.gif

Blade The Kabutops
Level 58/Sassy/Male
Rock Slide/Waterfall/Aqua Jet/Leech Life
Thoughts: A late comer who made a move for the MVP prize. Great revenge killer, enough physical bulk it tanks pokemon who cannot hit it super effectively and the buff Leech Life received, in this guys hands, was destructive. First time user, would highly recommend. Runner up to Nidoking for MVP.

weezing.gif

Smoggy The Weezing
Level 57/Serious/Female
Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Toxic/Flamethrower
Thoughts: I hated this guy. Until I realised I was trying to use him as a Special Attacker. I then started to use him like a physical tank. And he did so well. Took on Bruno single handed, as well as negating other physical threats I struggled with (EVERY GYARADOS EVER). Pushed this guy from dead last to 4th, due to an impressive pokemon league showing.

Finally sign up for game 2 of the ultimate run.
Forum Username: Kimborelli
Game Version: Ultra Moon
Restrictions: 1 Pokémon before trial 1. No more than two of one type.

Last edited:
Years
HEARTGOLD RANDOM POKEMON CHALLENGE
UPDATE #1
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

BOX
Spoiler:

Years

HEARTGOLD RANDOM POKEMON CHALLENGE
UPDATE #1
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

BOX
Spoiler:
Just missed giving me a team Viper.

Years

I'm not viper, but here's your team:
comfey.gif
minior-yellow.gif
dhelmise.gif
gumshoos.gif
dewgong.gif
lurantis.gif

Years
I'm not viper, but here's your team:
comfey.gif
minior-yellow.gif
dhelmise.gif
gumshoos.gif
dewgong.gif
lurantis.gif

Can I reroll Lurantis and Gumshoos please ? With me playing UM not US, both evolving Fromantis and catching Yungoos is annoying, as I mainly play in our day team (game night time). Sorry for being a pain

Last edited:
Back