• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What are some of your favorite songs?

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Adamas by LiSA is probably my favorite anime opening yet (I like Sword Art Online).

SHINY SWORD MY DIAMOND!

On a serious note, though, I don't think LiSA's ever released a bad song - some "meh" ones maybe, but certainly not bad ones.

If you're up for taking suggestions, "Psychedelic Drive" and "Ichiban no Takaramono" are probably my all-time favorite LiSA songs. I saw a video of LiSA performing "Psychedelic Drive" live and I just fell in love with the song (and the energy she put in it). As for "Ichiban no Takaramono," there's an anime called "Angel Beats," and that's where I first heard it.

---

My musical taste varies a lot with my mood, and so do my favorite songs. In general, though, I gravitate towards songs that have a structure to them - songs where you can tell that there's a build-up to a climax. I don't mind it when a song takes melodic detours here and there, because let's face it: little things like changes in tempo or key spice up the overall listening experience. But, at the end of the day, I like it more when songs have a discernible beginning, middle, and end.

Some of the songs I've been listening to lately fall in the KPOP genre. I do like me some Korean ballads every now and again, though - Ailee's song from the Goblin OST is one example.

Anything by EXID I'm bound to like (DDD is my favorite EXID song, with the rest of their songs trailing a close second), and as a Kim Chungha fanboy, I'd be remiss not mention her here! Her latest song "Gotta Go" is a bop, and I'd honestly put it above "Rollercoaster." I'm glad she's won six award shows with it, because she definitely deserves it.

As far as Japanese music goes, every song on Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" album is on my playlist ("Paper Flowers" takes the cake for best song in the album, which isn't saying much since it's such a great album overall and any song on there could take first easily if I didn't like the vibe of "Paper Flowers" so much). Another Japanese artist I fell in love with (quite recently too) is ナノ. Most (if not all) of her songs are so catchy that I can't pick just one as my favorite. Though we only got a snippet of it, I think "Kemurikusa" is going to be a contender for best song for sure; the switch-up in tempo that happens near the end of the one-minute snippet reminded me of something I'd hear from a marching band, which I'm certainly not complaining about. Some other songs from her that I like are Nevereverland, Gloria, Rock On, and My Liberation. I'd type more songs, but my fingers aren't exactly cooperating with me right now.

EDIT: TYPOS GALORE >.>

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
SHINY SWORD MY DIAMOND!

On a serious note, though, I don't think LiSA's ever released a bad song - some "meh" ones maybe, but certainly not bad ones.

If you're up for taking suggestions, "Psychedelic Drive" and "Ichiban no Takaramono" are probably my all-time favorite LiSA songs. I saw a video of LiSA performing "Psychedelic Drive" live and I just fell in love with the song (and the energy she put in it). As for "Ichiban no Takaramono," there's an anime called "Angel Beats," and that's where I first heard it.

---

My musical taste varies a lot with my mood, and so do my favorite songs. In general, though, I gravitate towards songs that have a structure to them - songs where you can tell that there's a build-up to a climax. I don't mind it when a song takes melodic detours here and there, because let's face it: little things like changes in tempo or key spice up the overall listening experience. But, at the end of the day, I like it more when songs have a discernible beginning, middle, and end.

Some of the songs I've been listening to lately fall in the KPOP genre. I do like me some Korean ballads every now and again, though - Ailee's song from the Goblin OST is one example.

Anything by EXID I'm bound to like (DDD is my favorite EXID song, with the rest of their songs trailing a close second), and as a Kim Chungha fanboy, I'd be remiss not mention her here! Her latest song "Gotta Go" is a bop, and I'd honestly put it above "Rollercoaster." I'm glad she's won six award shows with it, because she definitely deserves it.

As far as Japanese music goes, every song on Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" album is on my playlist ("Paper Flowers" takes the cake for best song in the album, which isn't saying much since it's such a great album overall and any song on there could take first easily if I didn't like the vibe of "Paper Flowers" so much). Another Japanese artist I fell in love with (quite recently too) is ナノ. Most (if not all) of her songs are so catchy that I can't pick just one as my favorite. Though we only got a snippet of it, I think "Kemurikusa" is going to be a contender for best song for sure; the switch-up in tempo that happens near the end of the one-minute snippet reminded me of something I'd hear from a marching band, which I'm certainly not complaining about. Some other songs from her that I like are Nevereverland, Gloria, Rock On, and My Liberation. I'd type more songs, but my fingers aren't exactly cooperating with me right now.

EDIT: TYPOS GALORE >.>

I completely agree with you on LiSA's song generally being really good. I don't think I know of any that I actually don't like.

Anyway, I just gave Psychedelic Drive and Ichiban no Takaramono a listen and I've got a new song on my Spotify playlist. Sadly, Ichiban no Takaramono isn't on Spotify, so I can't add that one, but it was really good. Angel Beats was actually like my third anime I ever watched, so I don't really remember the song since it was so long ago.

As for Kenshi Yonezu, I've only listened to a few of his songs, but I really like Lemon, Paper Flower, and his duet with Daoko for Uchiage Hanabi.

I actually know My Liberation since I heard it in the rhythm game Osu, if you happen to know that. I actually had no clue that Nano was a her since she completely sounds like a guy in My Liberation. Her voice is pretty amazing though, and it's really cool that she can sing in both English and Japanese since she was born in New York. I'll definitely be listening to some more of her music today and tomorrow.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Thanks to my better music taste, these are some of my favorite songs atm:
OutKast - Hey Ya!
George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
King Crimson - Epitaph
Prince - Gold
Prince - Kiss
Queen - Made in Heaven
Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 20, 2019
Recently I have been listening a lot to Anderson .Paak. He is a very good artist and his music is perfect. Mac Miller is also awesome :)

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Enrique Iglesias - Bailamos (I can't stop listening to this!)
All Time Low - Remembering Sunday (At one point in my life, I seriously loved this song so much, I wanted it to be the last song I heard before I died - I'm not committed to that anymore, but it's still very special to me!)
Billy Joel - Piano Man (Gets me every time *sniff*)
Linkin Park - Most of their songs, really, but special mention goes to Waiting for the End
Florence and the Machine - Same, but special mention to Blinding.
Ed Sheeran - The A Team (This one legitimately messes me up for a while every time it comes on the radio)
Train - Drops of Jupiter
John Schneider - I've Been Around Enough to Know (My grandmother has a John Schneider tape with this as the first song, and we used to listen to it all the time in my childhood as we rode around town - when she sold the car that had the tape player, I burned a CD with the same songs as her Christmas present. <3)
David Allen Coe - You Never Even Called me by my Name (It really is the ultimate country western song. :giggle:)
David Frizzell and Shelly West - You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma
Brooks and Dunn - Neon Moon
George Strait - Cheyenne
Rodney Crowell - After all this Time (Seriously, shout out to Granny for all this awesome country music I know about)
Kris Allen - Live Like we're Dying
Jon Bellion - Hand of God (Mainly the end part - if you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.)
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (Seriously, this song just gets a bad rap because of the music video...:frown:)
Cee Lo Green - Bright Lights Bigger City
Fun. - Carry On
OneRepublic - Counting Stars (There are a bunch of songs from this era I could put here, as it was a very notable time in my life, but I'll pick this one as a representative.)
Mike Posner - Please Don't Go (I've loved this song since I was a preteen. It's sort of sad, actually - even then, the line "running from tomorrow" got to me, because I felt like that was what I was doing in my life, and I still do. Maybe we all do, to an extent.)
Eminem and Rihanna - Love the Way you Lie (I'm lucky enough not to be able to relate to this song, but I can appreciate it as a work of art)
Eminem - Venom (Didn't see the movie, because it was a tad too disturbing for me, but the song - wow. This might be the first time I've been moved to describe something as fire.)
Evanescence - Once again, most of their songs, but I'm gonna give a specific shout-out to Bring me to Life. Because I liked it before it was a meme. :giggle:
Naked Brothers Band - Eventually (Guilty pleasure time!)
Free Energy - Bang Pop (This one needs more love!)
Anchored - Last Night (This one too!)

...I think I'll stop myself here, haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 16, 2019
My favorite bands are :
Breaking Benjamin
Avenged Sevenfold
Three Day Grace
Linkin Park
3 Doors down
ETC.

pikapikaboom

PikaPikaaa
Years
  • Age 40
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2019
Bad Wolves - Zombie (Official Audio)
Moontrackers - Bulgarian Folk
Hippie Sabotage - Devil Eyes
Calendar Project May (co-prod. Koresma)
Close Your Eyes - hangdrum - relaxing sounds - rhythmic ambient - experimental ASMR
Wardruna feat. AURORA - Helvegen +multi-language LyricsSubtitles (live at TraenaFestival2017) H

Years
Oh brilliant, I'm adding...!

• Starlight - Muse
  • My Name is Jonas - Weezer
  • Baby, You're a Haunted House - Gerard Way
  • Millions - Gerard Way
  • Don't Try - Gerard Way
  • Zero Zero - Gerard Way
  • Brother - Gerard Way
  • Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
  • Walk - Kwabs
  • Broken Glass - Sia
  • Chandelier - Sia
  • Umbrella - Rihanna
  • Sight of You - Sigrid
  • We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
  • Electric Blue - Icehouse
  • Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) - My Chemical Romance
  • Bulletproof Heart - My Chemical Romance

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I grew up listening to Coldplay so their songs hold a lot of meaning to me. My favourite song of all time to this day is still Clocks by Coldplay - I can not express how much it means to me. Not sure if they're favourites but other songs I've enjoyed a lot or have held meaning to me over the years include:

Spoiler:

I am sure there are a few more that I missed but those are the ones that I thought of for now at least! I might edit some in as I think of them.

Last edited:

dandere

Dandere Soul
Years
I like music, a LOT. I listen to any genre of music, aside from most country music (just not a fan), but the genres I happen to listen to the most happen to be Rock, Metal, and any of their subgenres.

Please feel free to share any of your favorite songs!

Now here are some of my favorite and most notable songs I listen to (and by 'some' I probably mean a huge list because I'm a giant dingus):

Alter Bridge - Isolation
Orden Ogan - Gunman
The Ocean - Firmament
Breaking Benjamin - Psycho
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
Breaking Benjamin - Torn in Two
Shinedown - Diamond Eyes
Shinedown - DEVIL
Gojira - Love
Gojira - Stranded
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
Gojira - Oroborus
Gojira - Wisdom Comes
Gojira - Flying Whales
The Faceless - The Spiraling Void
Anthrax - Blood Eagle Wings
District Unknown - 64
Deftones - Romantic Dreams
Deftones - Rosemary
Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Deftones - Risk
Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Deftones - This Place Is Death
Black Crown Initiate - Stench of the Iron Age
Killswitch Engage - The Arms of Sorrow
Killswitch Engage - Life To Lifeless
Killswitch Engage - My Curse
Killswitch Engage - This is Absolution
The Dillinger Escape Plan - 43% Burnt
The Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us is the Killer
Meshuggah - Demiurge

Lately I find folk songs very attractive. Different folk music from different nations, traditional music, each is unique and interesting.

roberchain

Dreamer
Years
No heavy metal fans here? Guys, now look here:

Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Dio
Slipknot
System of a Down

I call it 'Food for Soul' :D

Years
uhhh this is going to be a hell of a list

Nevada - Vicetone ft. Cozi Zuehlsdorff)
Hands - Gareth Emery, Alastor, London Thor
Satellite - Above & Beyond, Oceanlab
Frontlines - Zeds Dead, NGHTMRE, GG Magree
Meteorites 0 Noah Neiman, HALIENE
Fracutres - Illenium, Nevve
Waterfalls - Roger Matin, Maurice
Where I'll be waiting - Rich Edwards, Cozi Zuehlsdorff
Guardian Angel - Joe Ghost, Kevin Acero, Joyla
Like Air - NERVO, Wolfpack
Through the Night (Direct Remix) - Direct, Roniit
By Your Side - Jonas Blue, RAYE
Take You Down - Illenium
Alone - Alan Walker
Spirals - Illenium, Sound Remedy, King Deco
The Journey - Feint, Veela
High - Eva Shaw, Shaggy, Demarco
November - SUPER CRUEL, Lisa Mitchell
Feeling of Falling - Cheat Codes, Kim Petras
Reverie - Illenium, King Deco
Together - Y'all
Pretty Girl (Cheat Codes x CADE Remix) - Maggie Lindemann, Cheat Codes, CADE

ok I think there's more but I'll stop there

kowalskyhub

Kowalsky
Years
If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
Senorita - Shawn Mendes, Camilla Cabeo
Sucker - Jonas Brothers
Without Me - Halsey, Juice WRLD
Old Town Road - Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus
boyfriend - Ariana Grande, Social House
break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande

My current top list, can't remember all-time top list or list may be too huge to list here. I listen to music all the time and I change my playlist very often.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
I listen to lots of genres and not all of these are actually "songs"; years ago I used to have a few favourites but now I have lots, and if some stand out are mostly because they remember me of certain moments in my life (and maybe aren't even my favourite songs as far as music alone is concerned).

Probably I'm going to leave out many ones I love but I'm limiting it to 2 or 3 per artist:

Invisible Limits - Tangerine Dream
Tangram (set 1) - Tangerine Dream
Monolight - Tangerine Dream
Bayreuth Return - Klaus Schulze
Friedemann Bach - Klaus Schulze
Crystal Lake - Klaus Schulze
The Host of Seraphim - Dead Can Dance
Les Chants Magnétiques (p.1) - Jean-Michel Jarre
To Tame a Land - Iron Maiden
Alexander the Great - Iron Maiden
The Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden
Victim of Changes - Judas Priest
Shofukan - Snarky Puppy
GØ - Snarky Puppy
La Locomotiva - Francesco Guccini
Don Chisciotte - Francesco Guccini
My God - Jethro Tull
Close to the Edge - Yes
L'Evoluzione - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso
Canto Nomade per un Prigioniero Politico - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso
Sospesi nell'Incredibile - Le Orme
Tunic - Sonic Youth
Ohm Sweet Ohm - Kraftwerk
First Breath After Coma - Explosions in the Sky
Háfsol - Sigur Rós
Untitled #5 - Sigur Rós
Viðrar Vel til Loftárása - Sigur Rós
Dýrafjörður - Sólstafir
To the Skies from a Hillside - Maybeshewill
He Films The Clouds, pt. 2 - Maybeshewill
Take Me Into Your Skin - Trentemøller
The Mash and the Fury - Trentemøller
November - Trentemøller
The Writer - Ellie Goulding
Dead in the Water - Ellie Goulding
Don't Say a Word - Ellie Goulding
Cruel World - Lana del Rey
The Blackest Day - Lana del Rey
No Harm Tonight - Lenka
Fade into You - Mazzy Star
Untitled (Grasses Grow) - A Fine Frenzy
Beachfires - Burial
Come Down To Us - Burial

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Ho ho ho, what a nice thread. If I were to choose like 2 or 3 from each group or artist I have in my Spotify one and only playlist, this would be it I guess:

ABBA - Money, Money, Money
ABBA - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (A Man After Midnight)
ABBA - I'm a Marionette
Arcturus - The Chaos Path
Arcturus - Game Over
Arcturus - Crashland
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
AC/DC - Hells Bells
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
The Beatles - I am the Walrus
The Beatles - While my Guitar Gently Weeps
Black Sabbath - Die Young
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Blondie - Heart of Glass
Blondie - Rapture
Blondie - Call Me
Deep Purple - Soldier of Fortune
Deep Purple - When a Blind Man Cries
Deep Purple - Knocking at Your Back Door
Depeche Mode - Corrupt
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
El Cuarteto de Nos - No Llora
El Cuarteto de Nos - Lo malo de ser bueno
El Cuarteto de Nos - Ya no sé que hacer conmigo
Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
Electric Light Orchestra - Evil Woman
Faun - Oyneng Yar
Faun - Walpurgisnacht
Guns N' Roses - November Rain
Guns N' Roses - Civil War
Heart - Crazy on You
Heart - Barracuda
Heart - Dream of the Archer
Iced Earth - Cthulhu
Iced Earth - Highwayman
Iced Earth - Seven Headed Whore
Iron Maiden - Hallowed be Thy Name
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
Journey - Girl Can't Help It
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Judas Priest - Metal Gods
Judas Priest - Night Crawler
Judas Priest - Children of the Sun
King Crimson - Epitaph
King Crimson - Moonchild
King Crimson - The Court of the Crimson King
Kraftwerk - Electric Café
Kraftwerk - The Robots
Kraftwerk - Computer Love
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Led Zeppelin - The Rover
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
Madonna - La Isla Bonita
Madonna - Vogue
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Megadeth - Trust
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - One
Michael Jackson - Al Capone
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Miranda! - Perfecta
Miranda! - Don
Nightwish - The Siren
Nightwish - Master Passion Greed
Pearl Jam - Black
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Pink Floyd - Dogs
Pink Floyd - Time
Pink Floyd - Sheep
Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad
Queen - All Dead, All Dead
Queen - Killer Queen
Rush - Cinderella Man
Rush - Witch Hunt
Rush - Working Man
Sabaton - Sparta
Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Sabaton - Panzerkampf
Saxon - Crusader
Saxon - The Great White Buffalo
Saxon - Princess of the Night
Scorpions - Crossfire
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Scorpions - Humanity
Shizuka Kudo - Embrace
Shizuka Kudo - Blue Velvet
Shizuka Kudo - Doukoku
Soda Stereo - Persiana Americana
Soda Stereo - De Música Ligera
Soda Stereo - Cuando Pase el Temblor
Sonata Arctica - Shy
Sonata Arctica - Letter to Dana
Sonata Arctica - Tallulah
Troldhaugen - Día del Chupacabra
Troldhaugen - Lefty's Wild Ride
The Who - Pinball Wizard
The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

Last edited:
Years
It's funny because I'm watching Beetlejuice right now and just as I read your post they started playing, "Shake, Shake, Shake Senora!"

Great song. Not my favorite, but great song.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The Broken Result
Massacre of the 9th Hell
Night of Honest Lies

Actually, literally their entire only album is amazing 🖤

Black Dahlia Murder
Deathmask Divine
Vines of Thorn
Christ Deformed
Goat of Departure

Pretty much all of their songs 🖤

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Mr. Pinstripe Suit
Jumpin' Jack
Save My Soul
Cruel Spell

Ithilien
Edelweiss
Blindfolded

Suga Shikao
19Sai
Nobody Knows

The Speakeasies' Swing Band
Bright Lights Late Nights
Black Swamp Village
Gypsy Curse

Frank Sinatra
Fly With Me
Strangers in the Night

Billie Holiday
Crazy He Calls Me
Easy Living

Ghost Town
Dracula
You're So Creepy

Veil of Maya
Lucy
Aeris
Mikasa

Dethklok
Awaken
Birthday Dethday
Murmaider

I've got plenty of other bands and songs I like, but I'll end the list here for now. :)

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Mar 3, 2020
I, for one, am a rather big metal fan, but there are other genres I like, classical and techno (including the genres like it) are some of the main ones. I'll just list a handful of artists/bands and 3 songs for each. It's pretty hard for me to choose my favorites (most of my favorites in general are from Saviour Machine). Most of my music is clean, only using minor language and whatnot. I will give warnings of need be. The majority of my music is religious, so there's your first warning. I don't expect people to give them a listen anway.

The Negative - Demon Hunter
When The Devil Come - Demon Hunter
Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck - Demon Hunter

The False Prophet - Saviour Machine
Force Of The Entity - Saviour Machine
The Hunger Circle - Saviour Machine

Even You - The Wedding Party
Raven's Warning - The Wedding Party
To The Unknown God - The Wedding Party

The Reckoning - Death Therapy
Possessed - Death Therapy
Resist the Eclipse - Death Therapy

Robeast - Dance With The Dead
Watching You - DWTD
Dressed to Kill - DWTD

Alright, I decided to do five bands. 15 songs in total. I have some bands/artists that deserve some honorable mentions, mainly because they're nostalgic to me since I've listened to them from when I was very little (in Dr. Steel's case, when I was a baby). 1.) The Birthday Massacre 2.) Dr. Steel 3.) Ashbury Heights 4.) Covenant
5.) VNV Nation 6.) Resurrection Eve (not sure how long I've listened to him but it still feels nostalgic to me).

Also, Death Therapy did some songs that were inspired by video games. Both of The Belmont Family Curse songs are inspired by Castlevania and The Instability of Proto Man is inspired by Mega Man. Another band I listen to, August Burns Red, did a metal cover for the LoZ theme fairly recently.

Back