• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Game Idea] Pokemon Anacharon

Years
Hey out there, This is BeastlyMega1234!

I have been doing sprites and mega designs for a long time now, and would love to begin development of a new Fan Game I have Dubbed Pokemon Anachron! But I need some help with development.

One can only do so much! I need some coding assistance, story development refinement and character designers, cause' I can't make Pokemon Trainers for the life of me!

If you want to help, let me know please so this fan game can get started!!!

The Basic Idea surrounds the Hoenn region, or what is left of it, after a war between Kyogre and Groudon that was never truly stopped for good. In this world, the weather is law and all life, Human and Pokemon has to coincide with whatever weather they can survive

I hope This sounds interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
This does sound interesting!

The Basic Idea surrounds the Hoenn region, or what is left of it, after a war between Kyogre and Groudon that was never truly stopped for good. In this world, the weather is law and all life, Human and Pokemon has to coincide with whatever weather they can survive

So will weather be playing a big part in your game mechanically? I don't know if you played much B/W competitive, but it was quite famous for having "weather wars" where the whole battle could hinge on who can keep their weather going.

Maybe you could explain in a little more detail what these weathers have done to Hoenn, how life has adapted to the changes, and what this means for Pokémon (maybe you're going to have something a bit like Alolan forms that can take advantage of the weather?) and battles?

Last edited:
Years
My basic idea, well it is not very basic anymore, is that Groudon and Kyogre, the duo embodiments of Land and Se have been fighting fore centuries, and in my game, Rayquaza never did stop them, because it did not exist, back then at least...

Heat and rain, fire and water, Sand and snow. All of these weathers have afflicted the reagion pulling it into many smaller islands, where people and Pokemon must learn to cope with the harshe weather conditions there if they hope to survive. You as the player are keen to explore and when word gets out that the strongest weather source, the center of the region where Kyogre and Groudon have battled for centuries, has gone quiet and calm, it gives you a reason to set out and see what is happening, as an assistant to the Pokemon Professor in the region...

Although still in very early development, the game will have one foot in ancient history and one in a distant future, the making of which is still being decided, by people and Pokemon, good and evil...

Land and Sea

Years
Pokemon Anachron Game Development Progress

In the last few days I have been making posts to try and spread the word that I have been planning to make a fan game called Pokemon Anachron, but by the feedback I have recieved, sensibly I have decided to give all I have into this post.

I have no beginning to the actual game. I have a good idea about what I want the story line to be, and I have many, many designs for new Pokemon I want to have in the game.

The whole idea about it is the Weather trio Legendaries, and how their massive battle affected the region and Pokemon in it. the Pokemon, in some cases have developed new forms called Ancient variants, which are forms of Pokemon common in the region who have new types, signature abilities and new moves.

Thing is, I myself have absolutely no skill in making these games since this is my first time trying, and failing by the looks of it

I know, thanks to a comment from someone else made a short while back, that no one will want to help me unless I gave them and idea of what they are getting into, so I will provide the concept arts for the region(hand drawn) and the three ancient form starters (digital)

I hope this will suffice, because if this attempt fails I probably will not push it any further, so i guess you could call this my Final Gambit eh?

thanks for your feedback

Attachments

• Ancient Treecko.png
    Ancient Treecko.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Ancient Mudkip.png
    Ancient Mudkip.png
    209 KB · Views: 8
  • Ancient Torchic.png
    Ancient Torchic.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20181217_123214.jpg
    20181217_123214.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 12
Years
Here are also some of my sprites I have created in preparation for development
All of them are ancient Form sprites, and some mega evolution form remakes

Attachments

• 252A.png
    252A.png
    3 KB · Views: 5
  • 253A.png
    253A.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 254A.png
    254A.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 254A_1.png
    254A_1.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 258A.png
    258A.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 260A_1.png
    260A_1.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 260A.png
    260A.png
    8 KB · Views: 5
  • 259A.png
    259A.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 208A_1.png
    208A_1.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 319A_1.png
    319A_1.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 323A_1.png
    323A_1.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 354A_1.png
    354A_1.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 464_1.png
    464_1.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 4
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I have no beginning to the actual game. I have a good idea about what I want the story line to be, and I have many, many designs for new Pokemon I want to have in the game.
That's fine. IMO you should start with whatever bit of your game is most interesting. This is the fastest way to build a demo that might attract other people to work with you.

The whole idea about it is the Weather trio Legendaries, and how their massive battle affected the region and Pokemon in it. the Pokemon, in some cases have developed new forms called Ancient variants, which are forms of Pokemon common in the region who have new types, signature abilities and new moves.
Like I said last time, this sounds cool! And also I think this might be a good place to start, work out how to edit the PBS files to add your Ancient Pokémon to the game, then move on to the abilities and moves.

When it comes to adding new abilities, moves, items, etc then a good way to start is to search through the code for effects that are similar to the thing you want to add. For example if you wanted a move that made your other fire-type attacks more powerful then you might look at how Charge and Flash Fire work.

Thing is, I myself have absolutely no skill in making these games since this is my first time trying, and failing by the looks of it

I hope this will suffice, because if this attempt fails I probably will not push it any further, so i guess you could call this my Final Gambit eh?
Just throwing it out there, you probably need to be more patient. Even short games take a long time to make, and if you're just going to throw in the towel immediately that's a massive turn-off for any potential recruits. Who would want to join up to a team where the leader loses all faith in less than a week?

Oh also a tip about your sprites—you probably want to make sure that you do all your edits with 2×2 pixels, or equivalently you should scale down the sprite to ½ size before making your changes and scale back up again after. Otherwise the original pixels will be more "blocky" than your edited parts.

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for the support. I definitely was not confident in my ability, but by breaking it down a little and just giving that bit of feedback can really help!

Ill start with what I am good at, or at least ok at, by doing sprites then I will move onto the coding stuff from there, maybe after some tutorials

One concern tho is that I wanted my game to be as up to date as possible (gen 7) but no matter what I do I cannot fin an essentials version for that generation

Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
One concern tho is that I wanted my game to be as up to date as possible (gen 7) but no matter what I do I cannot fin an essentials version for that generation
Yeah, Maruno doesn't want to add all of Gen 7 to Essentials so you'll have to use a resource and do it yourself. Which means you probably want to be a little more comfortable with code before you start doing this, and you're probably going to have to piece it together from a variety of threads on the forum, plus a little of your own work. Search the Scripts, Tutorials & Tools section for threads that have Gen 6/7 stuff.

Last edited:
Years
Anachron's New type

Pokemon Anachron is planned to have some new types, one of which I have deemed the Abyss type, although now as I am looking back, that name does not describe the typing well.

The Abyss typing, as I have named it for the time being, is supposed to be a representation of the darkest corners of the universe, drawing power, not from the dark, but from the evil it hides.

I know there is dark type and there is ghost type and so on and so forth, but I wanted to hear some opinions on what other people think this typing should be like/be named

Thanks for the help

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Hmm, okay, is it Eldritch? Would Cthulhu be Abyss type?

It would be a lot easier to give suggestions if you could give examples of Pokémon and moves that you think would be Abyss typed.

Scyl

Extremely Ironic Unironic Edgelord Extraordinaire.
Years
Pokemon Anachron is planned to have some new types, one of which I have deemed the Abyss type, although now as I am looking back, that name does not describe the typing well.

The Abyss typing, as I have named it for the time being, is supposed to be a representation of the darkest corners of the universe, drawing power, not from the dark, but from the evil it hides.

I know there is dark type and there is ghost type and so on and so forth, but I wanted to hear some opinions on what other people think this typing should be like/be named

Thanks for the help

... Isn't that what Dark is for.

Dark is known as Evil-type in the Japanese versions of the games.

Years
Truthfully, this is why I am uncertain about this new type, but apon further inspection, the dark type , which is of course strong against psychic and ghost, actually represents, not so much an evil incarnation, so much as darkness in the mind as well as mischief. this could be argued, but in the end, it is the truth.

This in essence is why I wanted feedback. I want a new type that is unique, evil or similar, that could be partnered with dark type well, but is not just a copy of the dark type with a new name

Years
After some debate with local Pokemon fans, I have decided to replace the Abyss typing with the new unnamed type that will act similarly to the Nuclear type in the Fan Game Uranium, and the Shadow type from Pokemon XD. The difference is that although it will be rare, it will not require the Pokemon to be corrupted for it to have this typing.

Moves will Include:
Calamity Fang: Physical, 100 damage, 15 PP high crit chance. This move has a 30% chance to summon a severe weather
Ruin Blade: Physical, 60 damage, 20 PP, This Move will raise the user's attack by one stage
Cataclysm: Status, The user shrouds the entire battlefield in a dark mist, dropping all non-dark and (new type) Pokemon's attack and special attack by one stage. Dark and (new type) Moves deal a little bit extra damage
Clade: Physical, 90 damage, 15 PP, removes hazards. High crit chance

These moves are newly developed and definitely subject to change but I hope this will help with further attempts to assist me in naming this type.

Thanks for the help so far

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
I actually have a tea in my game with something similar. Not a new type, but a kind of area that affects Pokémon personalities. So all the Pokémon there are angry and have moves like rage, torment, frustration. Things like that. There are a lot of moves that have to do with anger/hate, a decent amount being dark, but not all of them. I know dark/evil typing seems like it covers all that, but you're right when you say you can see it as a more mischievous kind of typing, things like taunt, or sucker punch. Where an abyss type could be more focused around hate and negative energy. Paired a few new moves that you can create specifically for that type, along with a few type changes of existing moves ie rage, you could totally have an "abyss" type on your hands. Nothing is beyond your imagination my friend. Just give it a means to represent itself and as long as it's convincing to you then you've got a good idea in the works :)

Years
Anachron development

Pokemon anachron may very well shut down development in the near future.

This is unfortunately due to a lack in willing members for the development team.

It may come to change, but so far this is the direction development is taking

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Hopefully I'm misreading this, but it sounds like you're saying "I couldn't find anyone to write my game for me, so it's not going to get written". To be frank I don't think this is a great loss to the world. Maybe you could try again in a couple of years when you've improved your abilities.

EDIT: That came out rather snarky. But you have to realize that you are going to have to be responsible for all the groundwork on your game. Everybody has their own ideas, and if you can't even be bothered to do work yourself then there's no reason for anyone to join this project, because either you will shut it down when "it's not making enough progress" or you will be kicked off the team; and in both of those cases it makes more sense for people to work on something else (up to and including a direct rip-off of your idea).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
merging all four of your threads. This isn't discord so please keep discussion on one thread per game, thank you.

Last edited:
Years
This is what I was thinking. I have not yet got the skill to complete this fangame, so it may stop development. I do still intend to learn more about fan game making and with some hard work maybe I can bring this back

As you say it is not a great loss either, and it is very true that I have to manage my own development, so until I can do that, I will stop development.

Thanks though, and no it is not snarky, it is the truth

Back