• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen What was your starter

Years
Litten on sun and im planning to pick popplio on ultra sun. i have the game but dont have the interest to play it

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I always go with Popplio. I don't know what it is about SM/USUM, but if I choose any other starter I end up boxing them by the second evolution. But Popplio. Popplio is forever.

I chose Popplio in Ultra Moon. I named him Piper. He's soooo cute so I never evolved him, even at level 66 right now.

I named mine Piper, too!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Poppilo in SM and Rowlet in USUM. The only one that I haven't tried is Litten which I may do in the future if I ever bother to even try to do another playthrough of these games.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I recently started playing USUM amd I got to say no mattee how many times I go through Alola, i can never bring myself to pick Rowlet or Litten. But this also locks me out of using any other alolan water type unless I want two waters on my team. Rowlet and Litten's Froakie level overhype put me off I guess. Their final evos look weird too. I know that hoodie Decidueye will resonate with some but it looks like they were trying to go for dark and badass again like Greninja except grass. Incineroar looks plain ugly, freaking Tony the Tiger up in here. Somehow though it made Smash roster, Japan disappoints and does not surprise me, as usual. Their fav pokemon is Greninja even with heavy kanto nostalgia over there, so Tony Tiger being the next big hit is nothing surprising.

Years
I thought all three were pretty cute, but I ended up picking popplio because I liked her final evolution more, the mermaid seal.

At first I wasn't able to do much with this pokemon, but when she got to her final stage with the fairy typing I found my Ariel to be a pretty strong special tank. Nothing was left standing after an Oceanic Operetta from her. I'm glad I picked her and remained patient.

Its going to be hard putting her aside for new playthoughs, as much as I would like to give cute rowlet a try, I like my water starter a lot, and for nostalgia sake I will probably always pick popplio like I do with Snivy.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I thought all three were pretty cute, but I ended up picking popplio because I liked her final evolution more, the mermaid seal.

At first I wasn't able to do much with this pokemon, but when she got to her final stage with the fairy typing I found my Ariel to be a pretty strong special tank. Nothing was left standing after an Oceanic Operetta from her. I'm glad I picked her and remained patient.

Its going to be hard putting her aside for new playthoughs, as much as I would like to give cute rowlet a try, I like my water starter a lot, and for nostalgia sake I will probably always pick popplio like I do with Snivy.

Primarina is surprisingly useful too. I only picked it at first because I thought it was the cutest out of the three which was a contrary opinion at the time. Funny how things turn out.

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen today
I picked Rowlet in my Moon playthrough. For US, I went with Popplio and Litten in different playthroughs, but my favorite is still Rowlet ~

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Rowlett for Sun and Popopopopopopolilililo Popplio for Ultra moon.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
I always choose the one that the main protagonist in the anime would choose, but in moon i chose first Rowlet and in Ultra Moon Litten.

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
As for myself, I went with Popplio in Moon and Litten in Ultra Sun. Going all the way up to Primarina, my Popplio survived nicely (I did a challenge in both games). But still, gotta see how my Litten (currently Torracat) gonna survive. :wink-right-eye:

Last edited:
Back