• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Adrenaline Orb and gold/silver bottle caps

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 25, 2019
I need some help with the item Adrenaline Orb and the gold/silver bottle caps, I'm new here so I want some help here please

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 25, 2019
The item.txt is not neccesary, I really want the script and the only thing that I know about that item is only one use and it's activated by the intimidate ability

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Just add below intimidate script, in 'PokeBattle_Battler':

Code:
    # Intimidate
    if self.hasWorkingAbility(:INTIMIDATE) && onactive
      PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{pbThis}'s Intimidate")
      @battle.pbDisplayEffect(self)
      for i in 0...4
        if pbIsOpposing?(i) && [email protected][i].fainted?
          @battle.battlers[i].pbReduceAttackStatIntimidate(self)
        end
        [COLOR="red"]if @battle.battlers[i].hasWorkingItem(:ADRENALINEORB) && [email protected][i].fainted?
          if [email protected][i].pbTooHigh?(PBStats::SPEED)
            if @battle.battlers[i].pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::SPEED,1,@battle.battlers[i],PBItems.getName(@battle.battlers[i].item))
              @battle.battlers[i].pbConsumeItem
            end
          end
        end[/COLOR]
      end
    end

Also, idk how to put that part:
"If the holder is affected by Intimidate, it consumes the Adrenaline Orb and its Speed is increased by one stage. It is not consumed if the holder already has +6 Speed stat stages (unless its Ability is Contrary, in which case it won't activate if the holder has -6 Speed stat stages). It is consumed even if the holder is not affected by Intimidate due to its Ability (e.g. Hyper Cutter) or Mist, but will not activate if the holder is not affected because it already has -6 Attack stat stages (or +6 in the case of Contrary).

If multiple Pokémon each holding an Adrenaline Orb are affected by Intimidate, each Pokémon will be affected by Intimidate and consume their Adrenaline Orb before Symbiosis transfers any item (including Adrenaline Orbs). "

I tried to find a video on youtube about that (when opponent have Hyper Cutter, Contrary or use Mist) but i dont got it. If you have the original game, please rec and send to me.
Lets find a solucion.

And about "gold/silver bottle caps", what you script them? What functions they have? I did read in bulbapedia and they is just for Hyper Training.

EDIT: to put that part:
" (unless its Ability is Contrary, in which case it won't activate if the holder has -6 Speed stat stages). It is consumed even if the holder is not affected by Intimidate due to its Ability (e.g. Hyper Cutter) or Mist, but will not activate if the holder is not affected because it already has -6 Attack stat stages (or +6 in the case of Contrary).
"
Just search 'def pbReduceAttackStatIntimidate(opponent)' inside 'PokeBattle_BattlerEffects' and add the red lines:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 25, 2019
The golden and silver bottle caps are for maximize the ivs (in silver bottle cap's case it can boost one iv at the maximum but this only can happen if you pokemon is level 100 and the golden bottle cap is the same but with all the stats)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
And about "gold/silver bottle caps", what you script them? What functions they have? I did read in bulbapedia and they is just for Hyper Training.

I believe they're referring to Pokémon let's go.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
The golden and silver bottle caps are for maximize the ivs (in silver bottle cap's case it can boost one iv at the maximum but this only can happen if you pokemon is level 100 and the golden bottle cap is the same but with all the stats)

You can do it. To Silver Bottle Caps check how MOODY ability, Debug_Pokemon and Day Care script works and make a script for item in ItemEffect. If you finish to Silver you will find a way for Golden.

I think is better just create a NPC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-37wOMLX4

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
You can do it. To Silver Bottle Caps check how MOODY ability, Debug_Pokemon and Day Care script works and make a script for item in ItemEffect. If you finish to Silver you will find a way for Golden.

I think is better just create a NPC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-37wOMLX4

yeah I believe in lets go they use an NPC as well. but the NPC asks for the bottle caps in exchange. so silver bottle caps the NPC will boost one stat to 31, golden bottle caps the NPC will boost all to 31

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Good Luck.

Also, in 'PSystem_PokemonUtilities' add the red lines:
Spoiler:

And edit the BGM sound inside script.

Or you can download the Map and extract the NPC (Event 12 IIRC): https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7mv799q8bqwr2b/Map023_-_C%F3pia.rxdata/file

You're welcome.

Attachments

• Hyper1.png
    Hyper1.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Hyper2.png
    Hyper2.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Hyper3.png
    Hyper3.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Hyper4.png