Advertiser Content

What are you hoping for?

Started by HeroLinik February 27th, 2019 6:10 AM
  • 71 replies

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 21
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
767 posts
2.2 Years
Ah yes, the age-old question that plagues any upcoming Pokemon release - what features are you guys hoping for? I'm particularly hoping that we get an engaging plot that hopefully doesn't get in the way of the gameplay, an actually good postgame that isn't barebones, and also some more involved dungeons that aren't linear.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

PageEmperor

Insert something creative here

Male
with an axe
Seen 37 Minutes Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
The ability to rename your mons wherever you go like in LGPE I suppose.

Cherrim

Age 30
Female
Toronto
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
31,769 posts
16.6 Years
cherrim in regional dex. STOP making me wait until endgame for it

Other than that, cute outfits again. There was like no variety in (U)SM and I think that's what got me bored of my trainer so quickly.

paired with erik destler, ryoutarou, disturbed, & rabinov.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,225 posts
7.3 Years
I'm really hoping for some sports-based sidequest or sidegame or something, what with that football stadium and shot of a player in a football jersey walking onto the pitch

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Online now
Posted 20 Hours Ago
9,124 posts
6.6 Years
I'm hoping for Battle Chateau to be included, because I think it might fit being in Galar region as well as Kalos one. And I hope Pokémon-Amie/Pokémon Refresh feature to be included, along with character customization as well.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,922 posts
9.2 Years
Looking at what we know, honestly most of my hopes have already been answered. Colder region, return of gyms, looks amazing, and a fire bunny. And also wolf legends.

I am pretty sure customization is going to return, but I hope it is similar to XY and not LGPE.
I don't really want to guess the amount of pokemon, as I will probably just get disappointed, but I am hoping for at least 7 new ice type pokemon.
I hope the game is more story driven similar to BW and BW2.
I hope there is a lot of exploring.
Age 23
Non-binary
Liguria, Italy
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
49 posts
202 Days
The trailer positively impressed me, but there's still a few things I hope:
- that the region is not as linear as the artwork could imply (e.g. I hope the large plain with the two lakes is an unbroken area from the coast to the mountains); after all, part of the reason linear routes existed was the limited memory available for loading adjacent maps - which should be less of a problem with the Switch.
- around 110-120 new Pokémon, with hopefully no more than 6/7 legendaries and mythicals (a proportion close to Gen II, but please with less pre-evolutions)
- either new evolutions for older Pokémon, new regional variants, or new megas (in that order of preference)
- having more than half of the total amount of Pokémon available in game (better if in the post-game). Hopefully less Gen I and more of the other gens (I'd personally prefer Gen II and IV as they have some of my favourite designs, though I'd like to have some more Gen V Pokémon. Especially if we're going to get Gen IV remakes this gen, maybe many of those Pokémon and their Gen I/II relatives will not be here).
- most likely won't happen, but I'd really like if some trade evolutions or trade+item ones can be changed to level up-based ones.
Male
Seen May 29th, 2019
Posted March 28th, 2019
92 posts
2.1 Years
I would love a story that doesn't involves an evil team trying to control a legendary pokemon. In fact, I'd be fine with a storyline not revolving around legendaries, similar to gens 1 and 2, although if it MUST involve a legendary, I'd prefer something like Sun and Moon (where it's not just "let's take over/change/destroy the world!!!")

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 32 Minutes Ago
4,678 posts
14.3 Years
I just want a good post-game for once with good battle facilities. everything else, if done well, would just be a nice bonus.

Pepperton

Male
Texas
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
3,389 posts
5.7 Years
I just hope they include more than ten new Pokemon. I get that it's difficult to come up with a large amount of new concepts - we all saw some of the questionable Unova mons - but we've all come to love those abominations, and it at least made Unova feel authentic. I hope for an old/new balance similar to Hoenn, at worst Sinnoh. If they go with how they've done it recently, I'll be disappointed. Will I still buy the game? Absolutely, haha.

Ok yeah and also a good post-game like colours said, that'd be nice. If we could get Emerald post-game... Oof. That would be legendary.

Big Bear Lake

Nothing but the bare essentials

Male
Johto
Seen May 27th, 2019
Posted February 27th, 2019
4 posts
145 Days
One feature I've always adored is Pokemon following you. It's probably not going to happen in Sword and Shield, but if rideable Pokemon make a reappearance I'd be happy. It's definitely a huge undertaking to every single Pokemon follow you, but I'd even be happy if they only did 20-30 pokemon that had that feature if it meant meeting us in the middle (New starters, Eevee, Pikachu etc...)

I also like to be able to rematch trainers to get experience post-game. Whether it's a daily training spot or something like the VS seeker, it's always been more fun for me than just the battle tree or frontier.

I enjoyed the co-op feature of Let's Go, but I didn't like how your opponent only sent out one Pokemon against you even if they had more than one. 2 on 2 would be more fun for me so it would be harder to completely overpower the AI in the game. (Maybe this could be an adjustable setting?) I also understand the appeal of making co-op 2 vs. 1 because that's really helpful for a beginning player.

Somewhere_

i don't know where

Age 19
Male
somewhere (duh)
Seen June 5th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
4,496 posts
4.1 Years
1) I hope we get to visit a second region post-game. If we do get to, it will probably be Kalos because it looks like the maps could connect. And we only got one gen 6 game in Kalos, so visiting it would again would both make sense and be totally awesome!

2) I hope the post-game in general is filled with content.

3) Greater difficulty

4) More player freedom. Not necessarily open-world, but the ability to choose where you want to go to experience the story in different ways.

Anteros

Age 23
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,251 posts
5.5 Years
I definitely want my french vanilla fantasy of a Kalos postgame to be realised, there’s way too many things fitting together that could suggest it will happen that I’d be a bit let down if they don’t!!

I’m hoping for a story rich in reoccurring themes and an amazing plot like BW. Also hoping for more Pokémon this time around, hopefully Galarian forms. The titles and language they’re using suggest royalty so I’m expecting to see that too
Advertiser Content