DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
Pokémon: The Camry Legend
In the Camry Region, a region known for its old tales, two ancient dragons have emerged.
In the end, there can only be one dragon slayer. You, the player... Or the Dragon Slayer himself!
One Trainer must collect the Six Emblems of the Camry Region and become the Summit King atop the highest mountain, Snowdown Mountain!
The region shares no correlation to the car of the same name
(Note: This game was released on December 16th, 2018 on Relic Castle.)
(Another note: There is a sequel - The Camry Legend 2!)

Tools I used
RPG Maker XP
Pokémon Essentials v17

Screenshots
Spoiler:

New Features in The Camry Legend
Skilled Mode - Optional method of playing where enemy Pokémon are scaled depending on your team! Wild Pokémon are affected, too.
Grinding spot - A Trainer in Lucena Town can be battled once daily. With two Blissey, plenty of Exp. can be gained!
Mach Pizza - A pizza delivery service that will deliver HP-restoring pizza anywhere you are!
The Move Master - Can be called anywhere and can relearn moves and change nicknames!
Camry Help Desk - Can be called for $500. They will tell you where to go next or where you are currently at!
Advanced Pokédex - Will let you see extra info on Pokémon you've caught, such as its Abilities, area, evolution method, learnset, and more!
Zodiac Signs - All Pokémon have Zodiac signs, and special abilities associated with them!
Following Pokémon! Enjoy your journey with your buddy following you!
Master Trainers - After beating the main game, select Pokémon can be used to battle for Master Titles!
Quicksave - Quicksave the game anytime, quickly! Default key is 'V'. Can be changed in Options menu.
New TMs. HMs no longer exist. Previous HMs have been changed to TMs!

Download
Newest Version (Released December 31st)
Download HERE!

Bugfix List
Spoiler:

Please remember that updating your game does NOT force you to start a new game! Starting a new game is only the last measure if a bug cannot be fixed in your game!!
Also note that if the game is not displaying correctly, the game must be played at its original aspect ratio. The game will work fine, but some graphics may be out of place.

Known Bugs (so far):
- Sometimes the game crashes when obtaining the Beldum Egg from Professor Oak. I can't seem to replicate the bug. Just stay safe.
- The game crashes if you try to bring up the Kanto Dex. Avoid it when possible until I can get a fix.

The Important Update!
A much-needed bugfix... that fixes just a few inner workings in-game.

December 31st Update
- Fixed error that made the player appear to be inside the door in the beginning of the game. (Yes, I finally fixed it.)
- Added new error messages, however, in some instances, they won't appear.

Fixes for earlier versions below...
Spoiler:

- The walls and rocks in the first area of the Pattern Stone Cave can no longer be walked on.
- Fixed bug that, if the player lost the battle against Dragon Slayer, the game would mess up.
- Fixed related bug to the previous one that made all encounters disabled if you lost the final Dragon Slayer battle.
- Fixed bug that caused Skilled Mode to activate if talking to a Trainer who's ready to rematch.
- Fixed bug that caused some rematch Trainers to act as if it's a Sky Battle.
- Added extra dialogue that makes it easier to find the secret cutscene at the end of the game.
- Fixed follower error if you healed at the Poke Center with Pokerus. To fix, lose any Trainer battle.
- Changed the way the dialogue goes when Prof. Scarlet calls when you have Pokerus for the first time.
- You can now catch Pokemon in the Bates Estate's garden before clearing out Team Excalibur.
- Changed some Master Trainer teams's levels.
- Changed a few of the encounters during the Bug-Catching Contest in the Snowdown Park.
- Changed Aiko & Ceril's mail messages a bit.
- Added Sky Trainer Aera's icon to the Pokegear.
- Added post-quest Lance dialogue.
- Guard Spec. now works as intended.
- Added HUD Menu by FL.
- Fixed being able to walk through certain stairs and certain statues.
- Fixed Bonnet's dialogue & Calissa's dialogue, and fixed their dialogue if you didn't call them during Melusine City show.
- Made it super-incredibly clear that you can call characters to go with you to the Melusine Hall.
- A certain birthsign will now no longer summon Shadow Pokemon. Shadow Pokemon are oddly buggy and are now removed until further notice.
- Mystery Gift can no longer be accessed before seeing the end credits.
- Just as in The Light in Our Hearts, quicksaving is now impossible during certain events or cutscenes, to prevent anyone from getting permanently stuck, and to prevent cheating during the Bug Catching Contest.
- Removed the space between all mentions of "love and spoon" because that makes it a bit less awkward-sounding.
- The Move Master no longer can delete moves, but no worries, he can still relearn old moves and rename your Pokemon, and it's still for free!
- The game now displays the month, then day (mm/dd/yyyy), when viewing Pokemon summaries, as I prefer it that way.
- Added Relic Stone in Palm City. Any Shadow Pokemon can be purified there anytime. To unlock a Shadow Pokemon's heart, it works the same as it does in Pokemon Colosseum. (For instance, send it out in battle or simply walk with it.)
- Removed boulder in Victory Road that made it impossible to progress. (Sorry for that)
- Disguise now works correctly.
- Sky Battles now work correctly.
- Attempted to fix the Walking Pokemon bug.
- The "Super Freeze" move now has 60% accuracy, as opposed to the old 90%.
- The final battle against David now no longer features Zekrom.
- Some characters now correctly have learned where east and west are.
- You no longer get a call after exiting the Pattern Stone Cave.
- You cannot walk through the cliff in Victory Road, formerly allowing you to skip a section of the area.
- Prism Scale can be used on a Feebas (similar to an evolutionary stone), to make it evolve into Milotic.
- Fixed Oak not giving the Egg under a certain situation in Melusine City. Also added new Eggs if you have an Espeon, Sylveon, Glaceon, or Umbreon in your party.
This Egg is special as every Pokemon has at least one Egg move, and it always has Pokerus!
Vaporeon - Torchic
Jolteon - Treecko
Flareon - Mudkip
Espeon - Misdreavus
Umbreon - Ralts
Glaceon - Gligar
Leafeon - Fennekin
Sylveon - Beldum
(If none of these Eeveelutions are owned, then you'll get a Spiky-Eared Pichu Egg.)
- Fixed Professor Scarlet's location showing up incorrectly on the Pokegear.
- Fixed level scaling issue early in-game.
- Changed the layout of the Bates Estate to make it easier to heal your team during the loan shark's occupation of the mansion.
- You can no longer leave Clover's lab after first meeting him, to clear confusion on where to go next.
- You are no longer able to walk on water in Aquaford Town.
- You are no longer able to leave the Brevity Library during the main climax of the game.
- Made the PC more obvious in the Bates Estate.
- Changed a book in the Brevity Library to correctly explain the name "Camry", if it was found to be confusing to some.
- Changed another book in the library to fit the actual time period of the Middle Ages.
- Changed a few character graphics.
- Changed how the process goes before the player challenges Sierra. No more fishing endlessly to find a Prism Scale.
- Attempted to fix Dhelmise bug.
- Added Lure Ball to Melusine City Mart to aid the player in capturing while fishing.
- Fixed bug that causes game crash with following Pokemon if they're all fainted.
(To fix, one method is to have all Pokemon faint again, to get sent to the Center. If the bug persists,
please restart the game from the beginning.)
- The game now no longer randomizes Birthsigns when starting a new game.
(Due to the fact that there are only 12 months in a year, only signs 13-24 will be used from now on.)
- Encounters will no longer be completely disabled. If they are currently disabled on your game, head back to Snowdown Park. The game will correct itself and you should be able to encounter again. If the problem persists, please send me a message. If you are already in Snowdown Park, re-enter the park.
- All-new dialogue for most NPCs in Seamar City. (I tried to my best knowledge to replicate Irish accents, but with my limited knowledge, it's probably very bad. But it's amusing to see what people think of this.)
- Fixed Aure sprite in Flament City not disappearing after encounter.
- You are no longer able to enter the Arbre Woods until Bonnet's quest in Flament City is complete.
- Fixed minor audio error in the Bates Estate.
- Fixed invisible Pyukumuku in Palm City.
- Fixed Pokedex crash bug. If the bug persists, please restart the game from the beginning.
- Fixed potential sprites not appearing.

Credits
Spoiler:
USUM Sprites - Leparagon, Amethyst
Night Sky panorama - TowardsThePantheon
Helicopter Sprite - Original by godofsalad, new version by Ulithium_Dragon
Zodiac Signs and Zodiac Powers - Lucidious89
Advanced Pokédex - FL
Battle Dome Remix - Blazaking
HUD Menu - FL
Gen. 3 style sprites - Mashirosakura, Young-Dante
Following Pokémon - Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
Jessie and James sprites - Zerokid, JohtoBlaziken
Mimikyu Disguise Script - Poq
Move Tutor Background and Script - silentgamer64
Pokémon: The Camry Legend by DrawnToast (me, new username)
Pokémon Essentials by Poccil, Flameguru, Maruno
Pokémon by Game Freak and Nintendo​

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen August 29th, 2020
Posted August 29th, 2020
1,789 posts
4.3 Years
approved!

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
No idea why but when reached snowdown mountain, saved then closed the game for the night
When i started the game up again i was unable to encounter wild pokemon at all anywhere anymore
Redownloading game files didnt change it either so im confused what happend
This is an interesting problem. I will look to see the problem. I think I have an idea why, so I will get back if I have a fix soon.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,172 posts
7.2 Years
If I remember the script correctly, I set it to randomly choosesthe birthsigns at random when starting the game. So it is possible to get the same ones.
….Great now I have to restart to try to get a different set meaning I have to sit through the long intro just to get the starter again...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,172 posts
7.2 Years
I appreciate it, it doesn't make sense to have multiples of the same zodiac sign. I like the idea of a randomized set of zodiac signs but it shouldn't make multiples. I have a great Eevee which would be an outstanding Flareon and I really don't want to restart as it was a pain to get a Eevee with good nature and IVs.
Seen October 13th, 2020
Posted April 14th, 2020
3 posts
1.7 Years
So I love the game. But I seemed to have encounter a glitch where the pokemon don't follow you. and this has a major effect because I can't interact with anyone or the game crashes.

I don't wanna have to restart the game but I have no clue how to fix it.

it happened after all of my pokemon fainted and I was sent back to the pokemon center.

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
So I love the game. But I seemed to have encounter a glitch where the pokemon don't follow you. and this has a major effect because I can't interact with anyone or the game crashes.
I don't wanna have to restart the game but I have no clue how to fix it.
it happened after all of my pokemon fainted and I was sent back to the pokemon center.
Yes, I have noticed this glaring bug. In The Light in Our Hearts, I fixed this bug, so I will add the fix to this one, too. Expect a fix later tonight!
Male
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted July 15th, 2020
35 posts
7.9 Years
Note: Version 1.1 fixes the pokemon non-encounter for Snowdown Mountain but this version will change your game play to hard mode. I was playing on regular mode but after downloading this version to fix the glitch, all of the sudden, on my way to victory road, the pokemon encounters were always 1 level higher than my highest level pokemon. This described what hard mode was about and I didn't want to play hard mode when I started this game. I can't even use a max repel now since it's worthless in this mode because of this.

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
Note: Version 1.1 fixes the pokemon non-encounter for Snowdown Mountain but this version will change your game play to hard mode. I was playing on regular mode but after downloading this version to fix the glitch, all of the sudden, on my way to victory road, the pokemon encounters were always 1 level higher than my highest level pokemon. This described what hard mode was about and I didn't want to play hard mode when I started this game. I can't even use a max repel now since it's worthless in this mode because of this.
I didn't change or add any of the in-game switches that control the level scaling. It's handled completely by two switches. Please tell me where you went in-game before this happened, and I'll see if I can find a fix.
Male
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted July 15th, 2020
35 posts
7.9 Years
I didn't change or add any of the in-game switches that control the level scaling. It's handled completely by two switches. Please tell me where you went in-game before this happened, and I'll see if I can find a fix.
Eh... don't worry too much about it for me. I thought I was going to struggle with it but it ended up being okay for me since I finished it. It was just weird for me since every trainer level was 1 higher than my highest level pokemon which never occurred since I was playing on regular mode. But in case you wanted to know, I was on snowdown mountain before updating to v 1.1. I went back to snowdown park and then back up and that's when all of the sudden, the game switch to hard mode for me. Not sure why though.
Seen May 10th, 2020
Posted February 15th, 2020
30 posts
2.2 Years
I think I'm on the verge of quitting this game.

I've finally reached Melusine City, and I was asked to get a prism scale for Sierra. According to this one dude, I am suppose to go fish a wild pokemon in a pond in the same city.

Trust me. I've wasted more than an hour, used up all of my money buying Pokeballs and caught more than 20 Pokemons in the pond and I still haven't gotten a prism scale.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a specific pokemon that I'm suppose to catch? As far as I'm aware, there's only 3 types of Pokemon in the pond and I don't want to waste my time (and my pokeballs) to catch a second Dhelmise because for some weird reason he's much harder to catch than Legendary Pokemons.
Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RyouTakehito/

Current Let's Play Pokemon Romhack project:
1. Pokemon ????

Recent Completed:
Pokemon CAWPS

No. of completed Pokemon Romhack: 7 (as of 29th September 2019)

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
I think I'm on the verge of quitting this game.

I've finally reached Melusine City, and I was asked to get a prism scale for Sierra. According to this one dude, I am suppose to go fish a wild pokemon in a pond in the same city.

Trust me. I've wasted more than an hour, used up all of my money buying Pokeballs and caught more than 20 Pokemons in the pond and I still haven't gotten a prism scale.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a specific pokemon that I'm suppose to catch? As far as I'm aware, there's only 3 types of Pokemon in the pond and I don't want to waste my time (and my pokeballs) to catch a second Dhelmise because for some weird reason he's much harder to catch than Legendary Pokemons.
In the Pokedex, it can tell you if a wild Pokemon can hold an item. This can help you. Please don't forget this feature! Feebas can be caught and it'll have a high chance of holding one when you look in the PC or your party. Remoraid too, but with a lower chance. Though I will look into changing this part a bit.
Seen May 10th, 2020
30 posts
2.2 Years
In the Pokedex, it can tell you if a wild Pokemon can hold an item. This can help you. Please don't forget this feature! Feebas can be caught and it'll have a high chance of holding one when you look in the PC or your party. Remoraid too, but with a lower chance. Though I will look into changing this part a bit.
Ok. Finally got the prism scale when I only focus on capturing Feebas. And it seems that the encounter rate for Feebas is extremely low. I mostly fish out a Remoraid and trust me, I've caught like more than 10 of them before and they don't carry a single prism scale.

And I also failed to mention that there is also not much wild Pokemon that can learn the move "cut" when you first got it. Here's a video here showing me capturing so many wild pokemon around that route and so many of them can't learn to use cut. Start watching from 20:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaul0ffyq4

Anyways, here's the link to my videos showcasing some of the graphical glitches that you may consider fixing:
1. Error Popup
https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=965

2. Graphic glitch
https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=1306

3. Graphic glitch
https://youtu.be/1ZbfDsvOc5Y?t=918

4. Not sure if this is a glitch or not. Nothing major.
https://youtu.be/l2aPXToJkwM?t=1422

5. Wrap Popup error + my struggle to catch Dhelmise + hard to find prism scale.
https://youtu.be/lpb1s17-Mns?t=1404

Regards,
Ryou Takehito
Youtube Channel:

1. Pokemon ????

Recent Completed:
Pokemon CAWPS

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
Ok. Finally got the prism scale when I only focus on capturing Feebas. And it seems that the encounter rate for Feebas is extremely low. I mostly fish out a Remoraid and trust me, I've caught like more than 10 of them before and they don't carry a single prism scale.

And I also failed to mention that there is also not much wild Pokemon that can learn the move "cut" when you first got it. Here's a video here showing me capturing so many wild pokemon around that route and so many of them can't learn to use cut. Start watching from 20:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaul0ffyq4

Anyways, here's the link to my videos showcasing some of the graphical glitches that you may consider fixing:
1. Error Popup
https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=965

2. Graphic glitch
https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=1306

3. Graphic glitch
https://youtu.be/1ZbfDsvOc5Y?t=918

4. Not sure if this is a glitch or not. Nothing major.
https://youtu.be/l2aPXToJkwM?t=1422

5. Wrap Popup error + my struggle to catch Dhelmise + hard to find prism scale.
https://youtu.be/lpb1s17-Mns?t=1404

Regards,
Ryou Takehito
I watch your videos and keep a list of things to fix. I don't want my game being a buggy mess! I'll release yet another important update that fixes and changes a few other things today or tomorrow.

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

He/Him
India.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,007 posts
3.6 Years
Oh wow! A new completed game? Count me in to play this one. I really like how you changes the move delete and relearner as an item that can be accessed anywhere. I'm very curious about the zodiac feature. Looking forward to playing this and thank you for your contribution to the community!
Seen May 10th, 2020
30 posts
2.2 Years
I watch your videos and keep a list of things to fix. I don't want my game being a buggy mess! I'll release yet another important update that fixes and changes a few other things today or tomorrow.
Thanks for watching my videos! Sorry that I'm just a no name Youtuber. Haha.

Anyway, earlier you mentioned about checking out the Pokedex for info. I usually wouldn't dare to open up the Pokedex, especially since I only play Pokemon fangame/romhack games while recording, because they have high percentage of crashing the game. I don't want that to happen while I'm recording, effectively losing my progress.

Anyways, I tried to open up the Pokedex during off-recording and it really did crash. I'll try to attach a photo of the crash popup here. If the attachment is not in this post I'll pm you.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito
Youtube Channel:

1. Pokemon ????

Recent Completed:
Pokemon CAWPS

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
Thanks for watching my videos! Sorry that I'm just a no name Youtuber. Haha.

Anyway, earlier you mentioned about checking out the Pokedex for info. I usually wouldn't dare to open up the Pokedex, especially since I only play Pokemon fangame/romhack games while recording, because they have high percentage of crashing the game. I don't want that to happen while I'm recording, effectively losing my progress.

Anyways, I tried to open up the Pokedex during off-recording and it really did crash. I'll try to attach a photo of the crash popup here. If the attachment is not in this post I'll pm you.

Regards,
Ryou Takehito
OK, I see. The dex would crash like that. What is your game version? If it's older, newest update is currently March 10th with bug fixes. If it's newer, then restarting the game will set it back to normal.
Seen March 24th, 2019
Posted March 14th, 2019
6 posts
1.7 Years
Hi, I have been enjoying Camry Legend so far but I am currently experiencing an issue. I caught a Feebas and want to use it, but it says to use a Prism Scale to evolve from the National Dex. However, Prism Scale is only a hold item and leveling it up while holding did not cause it to evolve... so how do I evolve Feebas?
** Side note the Prism Scale lady was invisible...

DrawnToast

Male
Arizona
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
278 posts
6 Years
Hi, I have been enjoying Camry Legend so far but I am currently experiencing an issue. I caught a Feebas and want to use it, but it says to use a Prism Scale to evolve from the National Dex. However, Prism Scale is only a hold item and leveling it up while holding did not cause it to evolve... so how do I evolve Feebas?
** Side note the Prism Scale lady was invisible...
The Prism Scale can be used just like an evolutionary stone. Also, if you mean the guy who gives you the fishing rod, then the graphics issue should be fixed in today's update, if it's still a problem.