• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thank you for the reply and thank you for your time. I will take some better pics so you can examine the cards closer in detail. If the cards are not fakes then I will be pretty happy owning these original cards.

I'm new to this site so navigating through the forms and posting pics correctly is not a skill I have down yet but I'm getting thee.

Thank you again

I'm nearly 100% certain they are legit cards based on your first photo.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 19, 2019
My son has a holographic Mega Tyranitar EX card, I do not see a set name, but the number is 43/98, and is from a 2015 series. What struck me with this card is that is claims "Evolves from Meowth" (Image associated is a regular Tyranitar, though). How common of a misprint is this? I have been looking for images or related threads online and have found nothing so far.

Years
My son has a holographic Mega Tyranitar EX card, I do not see a set name, but the number is 43/98, and is from a 2015 series. What struck me with this card is that is claims "Evolves from Meowth" (Image associated is a regular Tyranitar, though). How common of a misprint is this? I have been looking for images or related threads online and have found nothing so far.

Just based on the Evolves from Meowth bit I'm inclined to say it's a counterfeit. Got photos of yours to upload as an attachment to your post?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 25, 2019
Hello,

I recently dug up an album that i religiously kept since i was a kid, it has some cards that i liked because they were shiny, though I found out the correct term is holo...

So I've been wondering if anyone who has been more committed ro pokemon than I have, could tell me for instance if this card is worth anything. I don't remember the name of the pokemon and as you can see, the card is japanese.

Thank you for your help and time !

Attachments

• 20190321_173055.jpg
    20190321_173055.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 13
Years
Hello,

I recently dug up an album that i religiously kept since i was a kid, it has some cards that i liked because they were shiny, though I found out the correct term is holo...

So I've been wondering if anyone who has been more committed ro pokemon than I have, could tell me for instance if this card is worth anything. I don't remember the name of the pokemon and as you can see, the card is japanese.

Thank you for your help and time !

That's a Japanese Neo Destiny Dark Espeon, and in that condition, I'd estimate a value of about $3. Too many visible scratches to be worth anymore than that.

Ychew

Artist and collector
Years
I can't seem to add/attach anymore pics of the 1996 intro energy cards. Hopefully I can figure it out.

In regards to the 1996 intro energy cards. I'm assuming I should send the cards off to get graded to make sure they are not fakes. If they do end up being real how much do you think a card like the ones in the pic would go for?

I'm not trying to use this site or thread for the purpose of selling or any form of money. Just curious.

Years
I can't seem to add/attach anymore pics of the 1996 intro energy cards. Hopefully I can figure it out.

In regards to the 1996 intro energy cards. I'm assuming I should send the cards off to get graded to make sure they are not fakes. If they do end up being real how much do you think a card like the ones in the pic would go for?

I'm not trying to use this site or thread for the purpose of selling or any form of money. Just curious.

The energy are not worth enough to be worth grading at this point, because having them graded means they'll be put into a hard screw case that to get the card out you would end up damaging the card, and the card's value won't jump enough to cover the cost of the grading.

They're at most maybe worth $2 not graded (if that) and maybe $5 graded. No one's bothered to have them graded because even though they're from a set that's not in high circulation in the English-speaking world, they're still Energy and a lot of people did import the set at the height of the craze.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
Card Price Check

check attachments for images and i need help finding the price of this card as it varies

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    928.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    926.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    800.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
check attachments for images and i need help finding the price of this card as it varies

Hello! I've gone ahead and moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions!

That's a recent enough card that you can use TCGPlayer's market price for it.

The current market price is $58.76. Expect to list somewhere between $40 and $50 if you want it to move on the first auction if you choose to sell it.

It is the secret rare Plasma Storm Blastoise.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Hello, I have a Secret Wonders Charizard 3/32 holo, but I was wondering if it is a misprint, because the sparkles are spread over the WHOLE card. So I have two questions:
bHY5h2o

1. Is this a holo bleed misprint/error card?
2. Is this holo bleed misprint/error card very rare in the Secret Wonders series?

Karen
bHY5h2o

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hello, I have a Secret Wonders Charizard 3/32 holo, but I was wondering if it is a misprint, because the sparkles are spread over the WHOLE card. So I have two questions:
bHY5h2o

1. Is this a holo bleed misprint/error card?
2. Is this holo bleed misprint/error card very rare in the Secret Wonders series?

Karen
bHY5h2o
I think that's normal for DP-series holos. All of mine shine like that (including my favorite DP holo, Majestic Dawn Leafeon). Based on cards I have, it looks like they stopped doing it in the Platinum sets.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 8, 2019
These cards are confusing me.

Magneton foil: 1st edition stamp with shadow, no 99 in illus. but has the 1999-2000 in copyright
Mewtwo: 1st edition stamp, but with shadow. .

Attachments

• cards1.jpg
    cards1.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2019
Hi, I have been trying to find out about a card I got years ago. It's a holographic Abra 1st edition from the Rocket series, number 49/82. I got it from a booster pack with a non holo version of the same card. It's been confusing me since I always thought you couldn't get holo versions of common cards apart from some reverse holos I've seen. Can anyone help me identify this card?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2019
Hi, I also had one of these years ago complete with the little information booklet. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find out anything on this either though. It was the only promo card I had with the booklet as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back