• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I had another idea (although it's similar to my first idea since they're both about spring :P)

Maybe we could have a weather themed NU, where you have to have a pokemon with either rain dance or sunny day, and then you had to have a grass type that is a flower (so like bellossom)

Kind of an april showers bring may flowers type of deal. (except with sun thrown in XD)

Hm, this is kind of like a parallel to the glaceon NU tourney for last commday haha

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Looking forward to this! But my PC username is different to my PS username, should I just make a knew PS user?

You can just use the one you currently have, heck almost everyone at the server goes by a different name so it won't be a problem, but if you still feel like you want to create a new PS name, then it's up to you entirely.

Scratch that, make that quiet a few people from the forum go by a different name, as I'm just remembering whilst typing this line. X;D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Planning is over now that the date is getting ever closer, but I did add Spring Forward (Seasonal Ladder) and PU to the list of themes. The tournament themes are now set in stone, so start making those teams!

I had another idea (although it's similar to my first idea since they're both about spring :P)

Maybe we could have a weather themed NU, where you have to have a pokemon with either rain dance or sunny day, and then you had to have a grass type that is a flower (so like bellossom)

Kind of an april showers bring may flowers type of deal. (except with sun thrown in XD)

Hm, this is kind of like a parallel to the glaceon NU tourney for last commday haha
I think we're good with just one Spring-themed metagame, but I'm going to add Spring Forward to the list because the Seasonal Ladder was very popular last time. Spring Forward is pretty similar to your idea anyway.

not sure if anyone else wants it but i would really like a wifi tournament.
Only if more Wi-Fi battlers are willing to participate. Last time we had about two Wi-Fi battlers on, despite a good deal of TC knowing about it.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Sunday, March 31st and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 PM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

Actually that would make it 12am/midnight in Eastern Australia (ie Sunday night). ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey we have a problem. 31st of March is Easter Sunday, aka when people eat chocolate, have fun with family, go to church... and so on, I'm not sure people would be that willing to be on, and we might have a better chance of getting in more people on Saturday as traditionally nothing special occurs then.

Years
Hey we have a problem. 31st of March is Easter Sunday, aka when people eat chocolate, have fun with family, go to church... and so on, I'm not sure people would be that willing to be on, and we might have a better chance of getting in more people on Saturday as traditionally nothing special occurs then.

Yeah, I guess Easter would make people not want to come on a lot so maybe moving it to the day before is not such a bad idea.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
nica has a very good point there, it only occurred to me today morning and i was like "ugh i wont be able to attend comm day ]:< ". if it was moved to a day earlier or two, i bet loads of members, server regulars would come and have fun so yea, definitely worthy to be taken into consideration.

Years
If I can recall correctly, the last Community Day was at Christmas, and we still had a good amount of people on the server.

But I guess everyone would be hauling into their Easter chocolates so maybe rescheduling in a bid to get a respectable amount of users on the server is a good move by Nica, as she pointed out there.

I do sorta agree that special occasions that could affect activity of users should be taken into account when scheduling further Community Days on the server.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I think we should just move it one day earlier. Then, it'll be on a Saturday.

If I can recall correctly, the last Community Day was at Christmas, and we still had a good amount of people on the server.
It was close (December 22nd), but it wasn't on Christmas day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back